Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Oh gawd, it would be interesting to see the Greens and Tribbianis breaking bread. One would be ordering the Chateau La Fete Rothschild and the other would be ordering a Bud Light ... truffles vs. mozzarella sticks ... lobster vs. hamburger ... talking about last night's Knicks game vs. Voigt's replacement as Brunhilde ... The list could go on!
It really would! Your details make it even more awesome

I also love the idea of Rachel's dad ripping into Rachel, Ross, and Joey, then Joey gets fed up and just unleashes on him, defending his loved ones, and storms off. Leonard is stunned, then begrudgingly tells Rachel that he still doesn't like Joey, but at least he respects him now.

Quote:
Oh, Rachel may not need to sneak up on Joey. He would have an open invitation for her to join him in the shower!
OMG, this is totally spot on, as well as your following scenario! Your ideas are fantastic.

Was re-watching TOW They All Turn Thirty and I had forgotten these line:

Tag: [Rachel] would appreciate it if you didn't use the words 'old,' or 'downhill,' or 'they still look pretty damn good.' *Looks at Joey*
Joey: They do!

Old 05-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Did anyone also notice in TOW Everyone Finds Out, at the moment when Chandler revealed he loves Monica, that Rachel instinctively reached out for Joey? I mean, she could have stood apart from him as they did when they first walked into the apartment but, when she heard the awww news, she linked her arms around his. They are so meant to be together.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

oh yeah, I've noticed that before - I love how coupley they look!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Did anyone also notice in TOW Everyone Finds Out, at the moment when Chandler revealed he loves Monica, that Rachel instinctively reached out for Joey? I mean, she could have stood apart from him as they did when they first walked into the apartment but, when she heard the awww news, she linked her arms around his. They are so meant to be together.
YES! I love that little moment. They had one of their rare disagreements in that ep, but even after that, she reached out to Joey and they were almost mirroring Monica/Chandler at the end. IA with your last sentence; they're perfect together.

I adore the screenshot you posted! Here's the full GIF again:

Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Awesome GIF, omnomnom! Love all your GIFs! I don't have a mp4 --> GIF software. I should get one myself but then I could be spending too much time GIF-ing all the Joey/Rachel scenes

Not sure why but I used to really love the Monica/Chandler parts but now I find myself watching over and over again:
- the episodes starting with erotically-charged Rachel through the one where Rachel and Joey trying to move beyond their awkwardness ("My boss tried to buy my baby" )
and also
- the episodes starting from Rachel's dream about Joey/Drake ("Kiss me" ) through the one where they tried to, but could not, consummate their relationship.

Maybe it's because the J/R relationship ended so unresolved/unsatisfactory, while M/C's had a real ending.

Someone on GetGlue (a guy, at that - obviously a sensitive and thinking kind of guy ) offered this and I thought it was such a great analysis of the J/R relationship that it's worth sharing here:

"Joey deserved to be w/Rachel ... only because after all his man-whoring, this was probably the 1st time he actually loved a woman and wanted to be w/her & stop his love 'em & leave 'em ways"

I know someone here has posted along these lines here before but I thought his analysis is so concise and also raises Joey up to a whole new level (even though Joey himself would say, "I don't have another level!" ).

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 05-23-2012 at 08:55 PM
Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Awesome GIF, omnomnom! Love all your GIFs! I don't have a mp4 --> GIF software. I should get one myself but then I could be spending too much time GIF-ing all the Joey/Rachel scenes
Hee! Thank you so much for that Sometimes it's a long process, but I really enjoy making them! And if you ever get around to making J/R GIFs yourself, I'd love to see them!

IA with the episode sets you picked. S8 is especially wonderful for showing a more dimensional side to Joey, and after his confession, we get to see how much Rachel valued his friendship. I love that little moment where she couldn't think of a work problem at first, then when Joey moved to leave, that got her to make up the most ridiculous story, just to keep talking to him. It's very sweet and included some smart!Joey, in his assumption that she was having trouble with maternity leave.

And I still enjoy re-watching TOW Rachel's Dream and TOW The Soap Opera Party because the chemistry between Jen and Matt shines so much in those scenes, in a different way than they did in S8.

Quote:
Maybe it's because the J/R relationship ended so unresolved/unsatisfactory, while M/C's had a real ending.
Yes! I think that's one of the things that got me into shipping J/R so much, because they had endless potential, yet it was was cut off so abruptly.

Never heard of GetGlue before, but yay for there being another J/R shipper on a different site! Thanks for sharing that here I disagree with the wording that Joey deserved to be with Rachel, but I get where that poster is coming from, and I fully agree with the notion that Joey's love for her gave him some much-needed growth, and it helped me to see him and Rachel as a perfect match. I think they both had grown and bonded in such a way that they complemented each other, and just fit together so wonderfully by the end of the series.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree completely, Joey was a real standup guy when he was around Rachel, I don't think he'd be likely to find a relationship that brought out the side of him again.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

IA! There was something very special in his interaction with Rachel, especially when he was falling for her.

Like in TOW Joey Dates Rachel, while re-watching it again I noticed how Joey kept emphasizing it was a real date and he didn't want to talk about "roomate stuff." He was already getting into it even before he started to feel something, and after the fact, he put Rachel and her baby before himself
Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

he did, he was being genuinely selfless & his all he wanted was for Rachel to have a good time

some caps, just because

Old 05-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomnom (View Post)
I noticed how Joey kept emphasizing it was a real date and he didn't want to talk about "roomate stuff." He was already getting into it even before he started to feel something
Wow, I never saw it that way -- he really was putting Rachel's needs before his!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Love the caps! Thank you for sharing those; it's great to see some S3 J/R

Quote:
he really was putting Rachel's needs before his!
Yes! Up to and during the date, Joey had Rachel's interests in mind as he usually did, but before he fell for her, he wanted to keep living with her. After the falling, it was killing him to suggest her moving out, but he knew it was the right thing to do. Joey ended up proving himself wrong in his argument with Phoebe during TOW Phoebe Hates PBS: there is such a thing as a selfless good deed, and that's what he did for Rachel.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

to make up for the fact that I won't post the next recap for a while or so, I'll post caps every day until I do

Old 05-28-2012, 12:05 PM
New Fan

starryeyesxx great caps

Some caps from me

Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

so many great moments here!

Old 05-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Love the caps! Especially the hug at the restaurant after Joey confessed his feelings to Rachel, and when he kissed her before she went to Barry's wedding. I love that he said, "Aw, Rach, I think you look cute," right before that; he seemed to be the only one who genuinely thought so.

Quote:
to make up for the fact that I won't post the next recap for a while or so, I'll post caps every day until I do
I am looking forward to more recaps, but until then I am happy just seeing more J/R screencaps!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread