Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Can I change my vote to 1.22? Honestly, I don't care which one wins, because I love both episodes so much They both made it this far anyways.

Quote:
Same with them kissing in the hotel room in 9x24/10x01.
I agree, especially with the way it was left ambiguous of what happened at the end of 9.24.

Quote:
Although, I think Joey quickly changed his answer when he heard Rachel say, "Noo," even though she didn't seem against it a few minutes ago!
Quote:
rather than giving into sheer emotions and chemistry, which is what they definitely did during their first kisses. Oh, those two. In my head, though, they eventually got together and "worked things out" - many, many times
And SOMETHING definitely would have happened in TOW Ross is Fine if Joey hadn't stayed overnight with Ross. I can imagine Rachel waiting at home with strawberries and all the other fun stuff Too bad Joey had to miss it.

Also I just noticed that we need a new title soon
Old 05-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And SOMETHING definitely would have happened in TOW Ross is Fine if Joey hadn't stayed overnight with Ross. I can imagine Rachel waiting at home with strawberries and all the other fun stuff Too bad Joey had to miss it.
OMG, yes to the strawberries. And that is so true because they were already making plans that night before going to Ross's! IA; it really is too bad Joey had to miss out. I love his last scene with Ross, though. It's very sweet, and we got that, "I'm crazy about [Rachel]" line. The way he said it...

Quote:
Also I just noticed that we need a new title soon
I just got done re-watching TOW Ross Dates a Student, so I was thinking of "Because she loved it at Joey's". I'm interested in hearing other ideas! Anything would work for me
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
I can imagine Rachel waiting at home with strawberries and all the other fun stuff Too bad Joey had to miss it.
Or, she could just be waiting at home and, the minute he stepped in, they'd be at it like wild animals ... only because they had been waiting long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomnom (View Post)
I love his last scene with Ross, though. It's very sweet, and we got that, "I'm crazy about [Rachel]" line. The way he said it...
I also LOVE that part when he admits to Ross that he is crazy for Rachel and (he thinks) she feels the same way. The way he said it was so full of emotions, especially in his eyes.

I think the J/R pairing has a good blend of the wild sexual hunger as well as the true feelings of love and respect , just like M/C have. The R/R pairing is all about the serious emotions and not enough spontaneity. I think that, for a truly fulfilling relationship, there has to be both!

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 05-08-2012 at 03:22 PM
Old 05-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

1.22 - 3

I agree, J/R to me had that perfect balance of real love, trust & friendship, & passion imo - even though that's what the writers tried to take away from them in the end
Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I also LOVE that part when he admits to Ross that he is crazy for Rachel and (he thinks) she feels the same way. The way he said it was so full of emotions, especially in his eyes.
IA, especially with how he said that line. He was so hopeful about her her returning his feelings

Quote:
I think the J/R pairing has a good blend of the wild sexual hunger as well as the true feelings of love and respect , just like M/C have.
Yes to all of that! They were all over each other in the first two episodes and so, so much word to what you said about them respecting each other. They really did have it all

Quote:
I agree, J/R to me had that perfect balance of real love, trust & friendship, & passion imo - even though that's what the writers tried to take away from them in the end
ITA, and LOL at "tried to take away..." No matter how much the writers glossed over Rachel and Joey's friendship after the break-up, they were still best friends who deeply loved each other.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

exactly, one scene where they break up doesn't undo years of buildup & friendship
Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
No matter how much the writers glossed over Rachel and Joey's friendship after the break-up, they were still best friends who deeply loved each other.
In my eyes, I didn't see them as "breaking up". To me, it was more of a feeling of defeat at the time, like, "Why can't we do it?"

But, since they love each other deeply as friends, if the opportunity ever arises where they found themselves alone, 'erotically charged' and/or drunk, and where there's no planning involved, all their old feelings would re-surface and they would surely end up hooking up! In sum, kinda like M/C's London scenario!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

ITA with both of you! As much as the 'break-up' irks me, on one level I appreciate that they were both mature enough to stop pushing it and risk hurting each other some more.

Quote:
...if the opportunity ever arises where they found themselves alone, 'erotically charged' and/or drunk, and where there's no planning involved, all their old feelings would re-surface and they would surely end up hooking up! In sum, kinda like M/C's London scenario!
I can so get on board with this! I'm partial to the idea of them not having seen each other in a year or two, and when they do, it hits them how much they missed each other - though in my head, they'd totally call each other every day - and the desire and love all come back in full force.

Here's some more Matt&Jen love!

Old 05-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

aww, love the way they talk about each other, you could tell how close they were & why they had such a natural chemistry

& I totally agree witth the scenario that one spontaneous night they'd just be able to get over the sex issue

we need a title for the next thread!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm partial to the idea of them not having seen each other in a year or two, and when they do, it hits them how much they missed each other - though in my head, they'd totally call each other every day - and the desire and love all come back in full force.
I love that idea of them staying in close touch. With one in Paris and the other in LA, they could never stand to be so far apart for too long. I mean, that's a good 12+ hours' flight!

I also think that Joey would have a really tough time living in LA, even for the sake of his acting career. He would have to watch the Kings instead of the Rangers, the Lakers instead of the Knicks, etc. He would be so confused though, admittedly, not as confused as he would be if he had gone to Paris with Rachel!

I seem to recall that someone had suggested this before (or something along the lines): that maybe Joey will go visit M/C in their Westchester home and Rachel will happen to also come back for a visit at the same time. But M/C would have run out of bedrooms to put her up. So ... she will end up having to share the Joey Room with Joey and ... who knows?

I can just see Chandler and Monica thinking nothing of putting the two of them together in the same room, being that they have all been such close friends, and M/C would certainly not suspect that J/R might still have feelings for each other. Especially clueless Chandler -- he'd be like "WHAT??!!" in that high-pitched surprised tone of his after J/R admit to M/C their, ahem, daliance in the Joey Room.

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 05-10-2012 at 07:49 PM
Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
aww, love the way they talk about each other, you could tell how close they were & why they had such a natural chemistry
Me too! They had such a genuinely sweet, warm energy around them. Also, I remember seeing another quote that said the Barbados kiss scene took around 11 takes or something, and Matt said, "I kept messing up, I don't know why."

Quote:
we need a title for the next thread!
I was thinking of, "Because she loved it at Joey's," but here are a couple I snagged from the first post list that haven't been used yet:

Because she thinks he's pretty
Because she had a crush on him when they first met
Because they both like to throw wet paper towels
Because they're U-N-I sexy

I'll stop there, but as I said before, I'm good with whatever the next title is!

DonGiovanna, I agree so much with what you said about it being hard for Joey to adjust to LA. I like the idea of him trying things out over there and gaining more success, but he was an NYCer at heart, he got so homesick when he'd only spent a few days in London, and he wasn't a fan of drastic change, so I see him spending a year in LA, two years max, then moving back home.

Quote:
I seem to recall that someone had suggested this before (or something along the lines): that maybe Joey will go visit M/C in their Westchester home and Rachel will happen to also come back for a visit at the same time. But M/C would have run out of bedrooms to put her up. So ... she will end up having to share the Joey Room with Joey and ... who knows?
This idea is amazing! I love it so much. It ties in well with Chandler having set up a Joey room, R/J's feelings reigniting, and basically the entire set-up is perfect. Also, hee, your Chandler reaction is spot on! If you ever wrote a story based on all of that, I would definitely read it!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I love this idea of yours; Because they're U-N-I sexy
Old 05-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love the U-N-I-sexy title too!

Quote:
he wasn't a fan of drastic change, so I see him spending a year in LA, two years max, then moving back home.
I know! Toward the end in S10, he was so confused with all the changes going on around him. Everyone and everything was in such a flux that he felt he had no one to turn to. He ending up venting on the 8-year-old Dakota Fanning, whose parents were selling M/C's Westchester house.

Also, remember at Rachel's goodbye party, he even tried to commit suicide off of M/C's balcony! Poor Joey! It's all the more reason he should have Rachel by his side because they had been friends for so many years. Having a constant parade of girls would never satisfy his inner need for familiarity and stability.

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 05-11-2012 at 05:56 PM
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Awesome! So whoever makes the new thread can put in that title

Quote:
Toward the end in S10, he was so confused with all the changes going on around him. Everyone and everything was in such a flux that he felt he had no one to turn to. He ending up venting on the 8-year-old Dakota Fanning, whose parents were selling M/C's Westchester house
Yes! That was a great moment for Joey. The scene where Dakota's character tells Joey he has to let Mon and Chandler go was very bittersweet - and he found out later that they'd always have a space for him in their lives. I think that conversation with Dakota was what goaded Joe into accepting all the changes, especially Rachel leaving, but in true Joey fashion he went back and forth on it

I love the balcony scene. I wasn't happy with it at first because it kinda felt like the writers were underplaying J/R's relationship once again, but I really grew to appreciate it. It's so different from the others in that we don't hear what they say, we can imagine their conversation for ourselves, Joey nearly killed himself after Rachel left, she pulled him back and led him inside, and they took a long time to say goodbye. It's perfect!

Quote:
a constant parade of girls would never satisfy his inner need for familiarity and stability
IA. That would satisfy him, but only in a very temporary way. His connection with Rachel was much deeper, and I don't see him as ever having the same feelings for anyone else
Old 05-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

New thread

http://www.fanforum.com/f33/joey-%E2.../#post63162493