Fan Forum Star

She has such nice clothes.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Love those pics! She looks awesome; I love her outfit. Thanks for sharing

Bringing this over from the J/R thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGiovanna (View Post)
Other than Joey (best suited) and Ross, of all the other guys in Rachel's life, who did you wish Rachel could have had a somewhat long-term relationship with?

I kinda wish she could have dated Gavin. He was gorgeous and really sweet to her. And, when she told him about the awkward Ross situation, he totally understood her predicament, even knowing he couldn't have her.
I too wish she had dated Gavin longer. Not for too long - maybe for a couple episodes until Gavin had to transfer to another city, or something. I love their snarky banter and how Gavin tried to shake Emma's hand

To be honest, I don't really see her having a long term relationship with anyone else because Tag was too young - I liked him a lot, alone and with Rachel; he was just not in the same place Rachel was and she made the right decision to break up with him - Joshua kind of bored me, and Paolo was too gross. Also, I'm really biased in whom I think was perfect for her, heh. Interesting question, though!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for bringing it over

I could never see Rachel/Tag in a serious relationship, it just seemed like a bit of fun tbh and Paolo was just ew I wished Dermot Mulroney had guest starred for longer, I love him as an actor and I really warmed to Gavin, it's a shame we didn't get to see it go any further.

Vicky
Old 06-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Gavin, definitely. I adored him. I loved the back and forth love/hate banter they had going, and think there could have been a really nice relationship there. Maybe if he'd stuck around for longer, say, until the end of season 9/start of season 10.

Now, Tag, while I liked him (damn, he was cute), he was too young for her.

Paolo, oh god, he was kind of vile, actually. Ew, ew, ew. Rachel, what were you thinking?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomnom (View Post)
I too wish she had dated Gavin longer. Not for too long - maybe for a couple episodes until Gavin had to transfer to another city, or something. I love their snarky banter and how Gavin tried to shake Emma's hand

To be honest, I don't really see her having a long term relationship with anyone else because Tag was too young - I liked him a lot, alone and with Rachel; he was just not in the same place Rachel was and she made the right decision to break up with him - Joshua kind of bored me, and Paolo was too gross. Also, I'm really biased in whom I think was perfect for her, heh. Interesting question, though!
Thanks, omnomnom, you're simply the best! Those were my exact sentiments regarding all of the guys in Rachel's life. You really must be my sista from another mudda!

I liked Tag with Rachel too but, as you mentioned, they were not in the same place as he was a good 5 years younger than Rachel. Joshua, I can't get a pulse on, like he was there and you see him dating Rachel, but he was also 'never there', like he was ... inconsequential. It's kinda hard to explain ...

Now, Gavin, I would really have liked for her to have dated him (if only for a short time, as you said). Mostly because it would make Ross (even more) neurotic and jealous. Unfortunately, he was only on for a couple of episodes so I guess the writers never had plans for Rachel to actually be involved with him. Too bad! Of course, if Rachel and Gavin had dated, she may not have moved out of Ross' apartment since they would probably both agree to move on. Or she would still have moved out of Ross' apartment (and back into Joey's) but then she would then not have developed any feelings for Joey. So it is a toss-up for me whether I would have liked to see her dating Gavin or not ...

Of course, ultimately, I still think that Joey was best for Rachel, bar none! Joey just had that je ne sais quoi with Rachel that all the other guys did not have with her.

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 06-17-2012 at 08:48 PM
Old 06-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGiovanna (View Post)
Of course, ultimately, I still think that Joey was best for Rachel, bar none! Joey just had that je ne sais quoi with Rachel that all the other guys did not have with her.
Nah, Ross was best for her. Joey/Rachel worked best as friends, much like Chandler/Rachel, and I'm glad the writers acknowledged that.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

A little reminder just in case, to not turn this into a J/R versus R/R guys (Especially since the question was about "other than Joey or Ross") Both of these couples have their own thread so you can talk about how much you love/prefer them together over there. Thanks

I also kinda liked Gavin but like Vicky, it's mainly because I already liked the actor playing him lol And Tag was really cute so it was fun for a little while but like everyone said definitely too young for her

Oh and I was going through some of my pics earlier and saw this gorgeous one of Jen

She's stunning! I usually always love her pics for SmartWater

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Fantastic pic of Jen! She looks stunning there, as always.

Quote:
Thanks, omnomnom, you're simply the best! Those were my exact sentiments regarding all of the guys in Rachel's life. You really must be my sista from another mudda!
Aw, DonGiovanna, you are too kind Hee, I really must be!

Tag was ridiculously cute, but what you said about his relationship with Rachel is so true. And ITA with what you said about Rachel and Gavin. Interesting thoughts on how things might have gone down with them if they'd dated! Jen and Dermot had fantastic, snappy chemistry, and their kiss was hot, but yeah, ultimately I don't see them working out for long.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba (View Post)
A little reminder just in case, to not turn this into a J/R versus R/R guys
I would agree the two different pairings have their own following! And each camp have their own reasons for championing that pairing.

I don't know why everyone seems to think Tag is cute. He's not bad-looking, I'll admit, but I still like Gavin better . Nothing says 'man' like a tough rodeo clown! Still, Tag, for being a younger guy, was pretty mature and was even smart enough to outwit Rachel! I was kinda surprised that Rachel wasn't more smitten by Gavin after that one kiss on the balcony. Like I said, I think it was the writers wanting to do away with Gavin and moving into the Joey/Rachel arc (or perhaps Dermott Mulroney had other work in the pipeline and could only take on a couple of episodes).
Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Well, despite our differences on certain pairings (ahem ), it's clear we all agree that Gavin would have been a good match for Rachel. I've heard this from a lot of fans on Tumblr, too. I guess Gavin is a pretty likeable guy.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Absolute Fan

I absolutely love Jen Aniston as Rachel she rocks, she's my favourite girl on the show plus she reminds me a lot of myself .

Can I please be added to the list?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

^Welcome to this thread!

So do you have a fave Jen's movie? And favorite Rachel's scenes? Although, I know it's hard to choose since there's so many fun ones

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Absolute Fan

I love all the Rachel scenes

Out of all of Jen's movies however my two favourites are, Along Came Polly & Marly & Me.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh wow!! What a picture! LOVE JEN!!

Found this:

George Clooney and Jen Aniston -- TOGETHER ... on a Private Jet | TMZ.com

I´m George fan as you can see.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome pics. She looks gorgeous.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Closed Thread   Post New Thread