Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

How are we going to say good bye

I started this topic because i want to know how we are all going to say good bye to the best TV show that i have ever known. I have grown up with them, it may just be a TV show but they have been part of my life for 10 years and i am going to miss friends so much. I was thinking we should start like a virtual card that we can send all over the internet and all sign it saying goodbye and some how send it back to them if you all get what i mean, im not sure how though anyone got any idea's. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

The best way to show them, of course, is through the ratings. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But rather than a virtual card, I would personally send them just regular fan mail saying 'thank you' and having all of my friends sign it. A virtual card would be good for NBC studios and the producers, because they're like a corporation. For the cast, it would be more personal, wishing them luck with families, careers, babies, etc.

Do you like the way I rock it?
Boy, I think it's so chaotic
Curbside Pr0phet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

The way I have been dealing with the fact that we have to say goodbye is by watching every Thursday night, watching the re-runs, playing the Trivia game with my sister, and watching my DVDs ALOT (I watch my Friends DVD more than any others).
I never thought of sending a card, but I do like that idea. I think I might do that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Total Fan

It's going to be hard to say goodbye! To be honest, I just started watching sometime last year.. but you can get attached to that show and those characters so easily! The last episode will be a GREAT one. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
i heart giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I have no idea. I have grown up with the show and although I do't post around here very often I love it. The characters strangely feel like real friends! I think I'm going to have to cope by buying every episode ever and simply rewatching them all in order, over and over. I'm just going to have to pretend like it hasn't finished I think; just taking an extra long break between series!

Vote for a Lindsay Lohan Board!
Fallen From Above is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 09:25 AM
Total Fan

It's going to be hard without Friends.. I mean I have seen all episodes...It won't be fun..But it's good that there will be re-runs...

Come and visit Milo Ventimiglia and Benjamin McKenzie
Dolce & Gabbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

My only fear is that the final episode(s) aren't going to focus on all of the cast as much as they are Rachel and Ross. I know them getting together is inevitable, but I just hope that all of the Friends have a prominent role.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Some of us in the fandom have been talking about raising money for Thank You ads in the Hollywood Reporter. PM me if you would like to know more [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I have NO CLUE how I am going to react whenever that series finale ends and reality hits that it's over.

This show is easily the best show I have ever seen.

I guess re-runs will be the way to go for me. I will just keep watching the episodes in order as if I am seeing them for the very first time. It's really the only way to go for me. Because this series is honestly like a masterpiece for me. I care about all of the characters.

It will be so strange to not be able to check in on "my friends" anymore. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

This song is sad but it'll be the perfect song on the day the series finale airs IMO.

Goodbye My Friend by Linda Ronstadt

Oh we never know where life will take us
I know it's just a ride on the wheel
And we never know when death will shake us
And we wonder how it will feel

So goodbye my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the time together through all the years
Will take away these tears
It's okay now
Goodbye my friend

I've seen a lot things that make me crazy
And I guess I held on to you
We could've run away and left well maybe
But it wasn't time and we both knew

So goodbye my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the love you gave me through all the years
Will take away these tears
I'm okay now
Goodbye my friend

Life's so fragile and love's so pure
We can't hold on but we try
We watch how quickly it disappears
And we never know why

But I'm okay now
Goodbye my friend
You can go now
Goodbye my friend
Old 12-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that song. It always makes me cry. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
I think it's too depressing thought b/c it reminds me of someone's best friend dying.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Its going to be so incredibly hard saying goodbye [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I was 9 when it started, and I'm going to be 19 when it finishes. Thats a long time to have something in your life. Thank goodness we have DVD's and re-runs so Friends will always be with us [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

I don't even want to think about that [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]...I grew up with the show since I was 14. Thank God for the DVD's.
I do think that ratings will be a great way to say "good bye". I hope the series finale is the highest rated NBC sitcom episode ever. Everyone of my friends is tunning in [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ICE_20_20:
<STRONG>I don't even want to think about that [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]...I grew up with the show since I was 14.</STRONG>
I'm the same way. It's hard to believe it has been so long and that it is finally ending.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] i dread that day..

however like all good things it must come to an end and with the DVD release it will remain with us forever.
ellavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread