Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

General Comments on TOW Ross's Tan (10x03)

Rachel and a fumbling Joey nervously anticipate their first real "date" together and what could follow, Monica and Phoebe hatch a scheme that will help them avoid an obnoxious and name-dropping old friend (guest star Jennifer Coolidge) from Yonkers who puts on airs with a fake British accent. Meanwhile, Ross envies Monica's spray-on tan but when he steps into the booth, he emerges as a two-toned disaster. Matthew Perry also stars.

[ 10-09-2003: Message edited J E N N ]
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

I saw the TV trailor and it looks interesting...Joey/Rachel looked miserable once again while they were together...only raises my level of curiousity [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

ICE

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought this episode was funny! Ross getting spray a lot of times in the front! His face was priceless!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:30 PM
M3
Master Fan

Ross's story was HYSTERICAL! I was actually bugged by the other stories, I wanted to see more of the Ross one. for once. lol

and that Other Storyline was incredibly subtle and not at all contrived or stupid. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I can't believe those writers actually get paid for that.

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Waste of my time.

Wont be watching another episode all year.

What was the point of half the end of last year? Just to have Joey get his heart stepped on once again?

Pointless and idiotic. Back to your Ross and Rachel love fest. I am tuning out.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:56 AM
Loyal Fan

This episode was horribly boring! Not even Ross made me laugh. Ususally he saves the day for me if the rest is not so great, but he wasn't even funny. I slightly smiled when Chandler was knocking on the door(to get a picture) and mentioned he had the same dark skin problem...and Ross perked up..oh really?? (or whatever he said) His face was funny. But the show was just bad. I felt Ross/Rachel was bad acting.

I enjoyed the phone message from Amanda, only because I lived in England last year and that is exactly how they talk over there....'mobile' and 'flat' and 'directly' 'arse'!! ha. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I missed the opening scene, where I am assuming Joey felt up Chandler to practice?? Maybe that was funny. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
mollymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by mollymac:
<STRONG>I missed the opening scene, where I am assuming Joey felt up Chandler to practice?? Maybe that was funny. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Chandler was asking Joey how he would handle doing it with Rachel for the first time after their date. Joey said he treats every woman differently because they are all unique and Chandler was like "Really???" and Joey said "No, I do 6 things." The first one was to look into her eyes, the second was to kiss her, and then the third was to feel up her thigh. So, Chandler felt up his own thigh in an awkward way with fingers outstretched, saying "like this?" so Joey corrected him by feeling up Chandler's thigh and Chandler really liked it. Then, there was a moment of silence and they broke apart and changed the subject to "Let's play fools ball."

I thought the Ross getting a tan storyline wasn't Ross' best storyline but it was funnier than the one where he bleached his teeth or the one where he got stuck in his leather pants. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Most of the episode was boring, IMO. The only storylines that made me laugh were Ross' tan, and Phoebe and Monica's friend Amanda. Why does Chandler always get picked on though? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Monica saying he gets pedicures throughout the whole episode, then Amanda saying how she could tell he'd been in an accident because his face looked "ghastly". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm very glad that J/R are over. I don't think Joey or Rachel were all that hurt, so that's good.

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
glory fades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:46 AM
New Fan

i'm sorry for using this threat for OT, but i have a question. first, i'm from germany, that's why i don't know it.
i'm getting a tv card today which i will be able to watch also some american tv with. CNBC f.e. so can anybody please tell me, what series do come on CNBC and on which programm i can watch friends f.e.?!
Old 10-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperDeluxe:
<STRONG>What was the point of half the end of last year? Just to have Joey get his heart stepped on once again?
</STRONG>
It's pretty clear now that Joey/Rachel was merely just a ploy to keep the ratings high. But damn, the least the writers could've done was throw us a friggin' bone, especially after that angsty episode after Ross "found out" (which was completely overdone because he's obviously known for a while that Joey was in love with her). So fine, with the spinoff coming, it was pretty obvious J/R wouldn't end up together, but give us a few episodes of good stuff between them before you break them up. Not this hasty, ridiculous no spark 'cuz it doesn't feel right crap. Argh!

And of course, this took away from my enjoyment of another great Ross storyline. IMO, the last two weeks he has been the best part of the show, and believe me that's saying something because I've never been a huge fan of him overall.

Also, the Chandler/Monica storyline was real weak. They definitely haven't done justice to his character for a while now.

I will continue watching, but damn the writers if they put R/R back together.
paceydaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 02:21 PM
New Fan

I was disapointed in this episode because I just didn't think it was that funny. I thought last weeks episode was hysterical. I can't help but be glad that Joey and Rachel romance might be over for good. I just don't like them together and I am so hoping for a Ross and Rachel reunion before the end of the season.

I thought when Chandler was telling Rachel and Joey how when him and Monica got together they didn't feel uncomfortable they just thought why hadn't they done this a long time ago. I was like awwwww! I just thought that was really sweet!

All in all I am hoping next week is funnier.
hibbartn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mampf:
<STRONG>i'm sorry for using this threat for OT, but i have a question. first, i'm from germany, that's why i don't know it.
i'm getting a tv card today which i will be able to watch also some american tv with. CNBC f.e. so can anybody please tell me, what series do come on CNBC and on which programm i can watch friends f.e.?!</STRONG>
*pointing at herself* German! German! Visit the German thread [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I missed this episode so I'm a bit confused. Are J/R over or not?
Old 10-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Terpsichore:
<STRONG>I missed this episode so I'm a bit confused. Are J/R over or not?</STRONG>
Yeah, they decided that it didn't feel right and they shouldn't be as stressed out about sleeping together as they were. It should feel natural like it did for Chandler and Monica. So they kind of sat around not saying much but it's over.
mollymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cobras, we need more of your comments in here! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

The episode was good for what it was...and IMO, what it was a lot of nonsense. I won't say that I absolutely hated the episode, but I think it's the worst episode of Friends I have seen, and not because Joey and Rachel are now over. In fact, I thought their last scene together was the best part of the episode. I liked how they were able to get away from their hormones (as much as I like them together) for a moment and actually talk about their relationship. Though as a Cobra, I am sad they are over, I liked the way they didn't really want it to end, but came to an agreement that it was the best thing to do.

The whole scene where Rachel was trying to rough up Joey was just plain awkward and stupid. The storyline with Phoebe and Monica was "ehh" and I found Amanda to be just annoying (which I guess is what she was supposed to be). If people thought Ross was dumb and annoying last week (which I didn't; I thought he was hilarious in 10.02), he definitely topped himself this time around.