Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

General Comments on TOW Estelle Dies (10x15)

When Rachel makes a startling announcement, Ross finagles to try to win back her old job with her former fashion employer while Joey is so flustered with all of the upheavals in his friends' lives that Phoebe conspires to keep him from learning about the sudden death of his sadsack agent. Meanwhile, Monica and Chandler check out the house for sale next door to their new digs -- and make a horrifying discovery.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] 3 to go! No! This is not gonna be easy to watch. I mean it looks really funny, but I mean the number is decreasing and it's getting to the end, and I wish we had a couple more episodes.

Btw: I saw the promos. (Oh, so sad), [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 07:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow a new episode! Its been like 7 weeks [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I can't wait

| videos | journal |
.:Lauren:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Loved this episode. Laughed left and right. The return of Janice rocked.
Andrea D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Total Fan

Oh nooo I missed it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't really like todays episode, some parts were funny but overall I didn't really like it. I think the main thing I didn't like was the whole Rachel thing, with her job in Paris. The job was going to be very accomidating for her and Ross, that they would fly her and Emma back to New York, and that they would fly Ross to Paris. And then when she was got the offer from Ralph Lauren the Paris job was going to give her even more money. Rachel wasn't in a position at Ralph Lauren where her name was in the paper and they MUST have her. If she was that good Ralph Lauren wouldn't have let her go, she would of got an offer from that other company that she was interviewing for in one of the other episodes, and Ross wouldn't of had to go and bribe Rachel's old boss to hire her again.
For this episode being one of the last few left and the first new one after a long time, I think the writers could of done a much better job.
Jill
P/JFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Man! I missed it! Argh! Anywhere I can download it?
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Extreme Fan

I didn*t really like this episode that much... not quite sure why... I just... didn*t feel like anything really happened.

Loved Janice being back though... unexpected, and hilarious!

Poor Joey thinking Estelle was calling him from heaven... I*ll bet money that he never really finds out what happened!

So... 2 new episodes left... this sucks!!! *lol* I cry everytime I see those previews, saying 'Countdown til Goodbye' and my husband used to make fun of me, now he just screams 'DON*T LOOK!!!' *lol*

-Dreamer-Groupie-YOR-DirtyBird-JB Obsessie-
*Sarah Marie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Did Pheobe not do a dead on Estelle?

And Janice, Oh My Gawd!

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] 'd it. And R/R, [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Its coming to an end. Im gonna miss it. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2004, 04:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Boreanaz:
<STRONG>Oh nooo I missed it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img] How could you Sarah? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

I really liked this episode. Janice coming back was such a surprise for me and hilarious! Just hearing "OH MY GAWD" again.

Lisa Kudrow did a really good Estelle impression and I thought it was funny how she was "calling beyond the grave". You gotta love Phoebe and Joey [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Of course I loved all the R/R. You would think that Mr. Zelner would've remembered Ross' name, seeing as he has a kid named that!

2 more... [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I wish they would've shown a preview!

[ 04-23-2004: Message edited .:Lauren:. ]

| videos | journal |
.:Lauren:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

This eppy will repeat on May 5th.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

I didn't feel like much happened either in that episode, but I still liked it.

Shoot, all those weeks of waiting made me really really ecstatic when the opening credit started.

I loved watching Phoebe imitate Estelle! And the look on Joey's face when he thought Estelle was paying him a phone call from the other world. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

OH. MY. GOD. Janice's back! Damn, there are things about Friends that will never get tiring and Janice is one of them.

Rachel's boss and Ron. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Loved that part where Ross said that the boss' son could 'touch whatever he wanted'

I just loved Rachel's sweater at the end of the episode!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

I really laughed at this episode. In retrospect, it wasn't groundbreaking or a classic, but I guess I was just primed and waiting for a new episode, even if it is the next to next to last one ever.

I was screaming with laughter when Janice showed up on the stairs. I knew something had to be wrong with the house, but I hadn't figured out what. I could have done without all the references to Chandler's balls, but I've learned to deal with the blatant sexual references that pass as "comedy" on the show now. The end of that storyline was just like the end of TOW Ross's Library Book except Chandler was lying instead of Monica. Oh well.

I loved that Phoebe was trying to protect Joey and she does a great Estelle. I wonder what other accents Lisa does. The cell phone call from "Out of Area" was priceless and it was really sweet on some many levels.

I find it really hard to believe that Louis Vuitton would want Rachel so badly that they would be willing to fly Rachel and/or Ross back and forth across the Atlantic whenever they wanted. But that wasn't as bad as Ross trying to manipulate Rachel into staying by going behind her back to try to get Ralph Lauren to hire her again. It also seemed silly that Mr. Zellner (who has had problems with Rachel from the beginning...the Inadvertant Kiss, Tag's evaluation, etc.) would be willing to rehire someone he just fired because of a fossil. I wish Ross had just said to Rachel that he didn't want her to go. They could have had a sweet talk between them that would have satisfied the shippers as well as been the mature, adult way to behave.

[ 04-24-2004: Message edited JennPerry ]
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a good episode...I laughed so hard when Ross kept visiting Rachel's boss trying to get her job back. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I can't believe there's only a few episodes left. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Pia
Loyal Fan

Do you know where i can get caps from?

Vote for Maura Tierney Board
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread