Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

General Comments on TOW Chandler Gets Caught (10x10)

When Chandler is spotted by Rachel and Phoebe sneaking into a car with a mysterious blonde woman, they discover a bigger surprise that leaves all the gang agog -- especially Joey. Together, the sextet reminisces about some of their most memorable moments that have cemented their bonds of friendship for the past decade.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DevotedFanOfMatt:
<STRONG> Together, the sextet reminisces about some of their most memorable moments that have cemented their bonds of friendship for the past decade.</STRONG>
That's gonna be a tearjerker [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

| videos | journal |
.:Lauren:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DevotedFanOfMatt:
<STRONG>Together, the sextet reminisces about some of their most memorable moments that have cemented their bonds of friendship for the past decade.</STRONG>
Does that mean that this episode will be nothing but flashbacks?

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

It should be like most flashback episodes, with mostly clips, but some new stuff.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hate it when they do that. It's not that the flashback episodes are bad, it's just that I think they should be giving us all-new episodes. And that's especially true now that this is the last season. Don't waste one of the few episodes we have left by showing us stuff we can see on re-runs, or on our DVDs.

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

Maybe they're new flash backs
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

I love Chandler and Monica's relationship, the way they just finish off what the other says and have all those inside jokes between them. I want it that way when I get married. I about peed my pants when Chandler walked in and Joey just say so bluntly "You Son of a bitch" [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] It was so matter-of-factly, too funny! I'm so sad it's ending soon!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Loyal Fan

For some reason I didn't really much care for the sort of randomness of the flashbacks being thrown in there. I don't know, I'm about creating clip montages that have a rhyme & reason to them ... if that makes any sense at all [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] . Besides, I think they should save that for the hour-long retrospective that's set to precede the finale. I'm hoping they're going to utilize music - yes, I'm a sucker for clips set to a song - I think it lends the scenes more emotion.

Anyway, it was a good epi. It was touching to see how taken aback the gang was at hearing Chandler and Monica's plans to move to the suburbs - especially Ross's sweet mention about being able to see them from his place, saying that visual made him feel better [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] .

Oh, and I thought the funniest part was Phoebe's abuse of Ross, in reaction to his hypothetical about Mike cheating on her - if she would want them to tell her [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] .

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited Ms. Isabel ]
Old 01-16-2004, 05:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree with Ms. Isabel, some of the clips really didn't make much sense together. Like they were just sorta random. But I do like to see old clips, I just wish that there were more new moments this week.

I'm so happy that they got the house [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I thought it was funny when they all thought that he was having an affair and Monica kept asking how they liked the house [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And the end where they had just said how they were growing up and they were like NOT IT! Typical Monica and Chandler [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

| videos | journal |
.:Lauren:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:15 PM
M3
Master Fan

I was kinda disappointed (and ticked) they didn't show the proposal, one of the biggest things to ever happen in that apartment! Spend time on the stupid game that lost the apartment, and how Monica and Chandler started their life together in it, but not The Propsoal? wtf.

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

I thought the same thing...as well as Phoebe finding out she's pregnant and Ross and Rachel breaking up...all those things were monumental in that apartment and on the show, but I think they may be saving those clips for another clip retrospective in the finale or special.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:53 AM
Loyal Fan

WOW Courteney's really starting to show her pregnancy--she's gaining weight and her belly's kinda sticking out, huh? She looks good!

Do you like the way I rock it?
Boy, I think it's so chaotic
Curbside Pr0phet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

I must be the only person who doesn't feel that way...but I guess on her slight frame, even a couple of pounds looks like a huge weight gain.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Absolute Fan

I really don't want Monica and Chandler to buy that house and move away. I don't want Friends to end with the gang splitting up. I mean, sure, we can assume that they will do it eventually, but I don't want it to happen on screen. I want to think of them always staying close together. This splitting apart stuff is just going to spoil everything about them saying goodbye this season.

I just don't get why Monica and Chandler have to move to Westchester RIGHT NOW. They said they wanted to raise their kid in a neighborhood where they could ride a bike and have a yard to play in. Blah blah blah. But the kid won't even be old enough to enjoy any of that stuff for at least a couple of years yet. So why can't Monica and Chandler stay where they are for now, and move to the suburbs later? During TOW The Home Study, it seemed like they and the adoption agency worker were just fine with Monica and Chandler raising the adopted kid in the guest bedroom of the apartment. Why is the apartment not good enough for them anymore? Why are they rushing to leave all their good friends behind?

I don't think it's selfish at all for the friends to be shocked and want them to stay. It actually makes sense. Chandler just recently started a new career, and they are probably still paying a lot of money for the adoption expenses and for buying baby stuff, but now they go throwing their money away on a hugely expensive house too. It's stupid. They'll be deeply in debt for a long time, and will be paying for daycare and babysitters since none of their friends or parents live close enough to do such things for them. It's SOOOOO stupid. Stay in your rent-controlled apartment for now and save money so you can have your white-picket-fence life later.[/end rant]

Whoops! I didn't even notice that I said white-picket-pence instead of fence.

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited ChanoeyLover ]
Old 01-20-2004, 04:25 PM
M3
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] these things have been bugging me after I posted that, I just forgot to come back.

First, doesn't that apartment belong to Phoebe? Or her grandmother, technically? Shouldn't they consult HER before buying anything?

Secondly, that apartment is HUUUUUGE. They can SURELY raise a kid there. Like you said, it can't ride a bike yet for years.

And hell, if they moved the furniture a bit, the kid could ride INSIDE! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And who wants double the cost right away? A house is a huge drain on finances, as is a kid. Why do both immediately?

And wouldn't it make more sense to be around people who have actually HAD child experience during the early stages? Ross, Rachel, even Phoebe? Talk about built-in babysitting, not to mention advice and just a freaking support group! Instead of moving way out to the middle of nowhere where you don't know anyone.

Finally, I played in a sandbox on our apartment balcony for yeeeears. I was 9 or so when we finally moved to a house. And OUR apartment? Man, the entire thing was the size of the LIVING room on the show! I shared a bedroom with a crying baby for two years.

I also had friends who were right in the building, I didn't have to cross any streets to "go play", and I could walk with my mom and friends to the library. There's something to be said for being an apartment kid!

This seems like a very lame and rushed way to break things up. With all the advance notice the writers had you'd think they'd have done better. Sheesh.

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread