Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

General Comments on Fan Favorite #6: TOW The Proposal, Part II

Guest star Tom Selleck reprises his role of Richard, Monica's handsome former boyfriend, when he accidentally encounters his old flame along with her nervous, tongue-tied beau, Chandler, at a romantic restaurant. Elsewhere, Ross finally wonders if his water balloon-tossing, college girlfriend (guest star Alexandra Holden) might be a little too immature for him, and an unsuspecting Joey successfully bids for an expensive sailboat at a high-priced auction.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I love this episode! Where do you find out what episodes they're playing?

| videos | journal |
.:Lauren:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I found out from another message board. All the other media outlets I check just have "fan favorite #6."
Old 03-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

i have seen this episode a million times but the ending still gives me chills...its so touching.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I voted for this ep. I'm so happy it made it. I love Monica & Chandler. Every time the proposal comes I get emotional.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

I've seen this episode so many times, and I never get tired of it. The last scene with Chandler and Monica is so beautiful, I tear up each time I see it.
Liliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Two times I got really emotional during Friends' time. I cried the episode where Ross and Rachel broke up, and when Chandler proposed to Monica. This episode still gets to me. It's so great. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Richard- "You BIG TREE!" -chandler. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"You wanna know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants, but everytime they showed him coming out of the shower, he would put a towel around his waist. I mean, what's up with that?" - Chandler
DJCreek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so glad this episode made it in the top 6! I vote for it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I love when they both got so emotional they couldn't speak. The moment was just so beautiful.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Was Matthew Perry sick during the season this eppy aired? I saw this for the first time and noticed he was heavier when that eppy aired compared to now so I thought maybe he was sick. Was he?
Old 03-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I voted for this episode! The end with Monica and Chandler was so romantic and I loved how all the friends were sooo anxious to comr in the apartment.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Zach, My memory on this kinds stinks...
6th season ended in May of 2000. I got this from Matthew Perry's Trivia on www.imdb.com

Quote:
Entered a rehabilitation clinic for treatment of an undisclosed condition. [27 February 2001]

A 75 year old woman ran a stop sign and smashed into the side of Matthew's BMW. Neither party was injured. [18 April 2001]

"Friends" (1994) castmate Jennifer Aniston offers to be his personal trainer after he received threats from bosses Warner Brothers about his increasing weight problems [2002]
I guess 2000 could have been around the time he was addicted to the pain killers he took due to a previous accident. I don't remember the exact years but I remember his weight went up and down.

[ 03-05-2004: Message edited Just Push Play ]
Old 03-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zach Braff Lover:
<STRONG>Was Matthew Perry sick during the season this eppy aired?</STRONG>
He consistently gained weight in the second half of season six. Soon after that episode ended, he was hospitalized with pancreatitis, which is cause by many things including alcohol abuse. He was incredibly sick for most of the summer leading to a great disparity in his weight between the end of season six and the beginning of season seven:
Old 03-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Passionate Fan

I was disappointed with this episode I have to say. I've always liked Monica and Chandler (though I'm a R/R to the bone) but I didn't feel their sincerity. I thought their acting was bad when they were proposing to each other...it's like they were trying too hard. I also think they should have had a cliffhanger as they normally do...
Old 03-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Keyser*Soze*:
<STRONG>I was disappointed with this episode I have to say. I've always liked Monica and Chandler (though I'm a R/R to the bone) but I didn't feel their sincerity. I thought their acting was bad when they were proposing to each other...it's like they were trying too hard.</STRONG>
Wow, and here I thought I was the only one! The acting in that particular scene did come off, to me, as rather forced. It was like they were overplaying it, in order for it to appear like they were really emotional (i.e. crying). However, I did think the concept of them proposing to each other was endearing. And, really, that final image of Monica & Chandler in their candlelit apartment embracing/dancing to "Wonderful Tonight" is beautiful.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

It's so interesting to me to see how different people can watch the same scenes and come away with a totally different reaction.

I absolutely loved this episode and even though I can do the final scene from memory, it still makes me misty every time. I was glad there wasn't a cliffhanger and after hearing the producers' commentary, I'm glad they went with the story they did.

It was adult and romantic and a bit nerve-wracking. I just knew that Monica and Chandler had to end up together, but when Joey caught Chandler in the hallway to tell him that Monica had left, my heart sank. But when he opened the door to their candle-filled apartment, I just started crying. I loved that Monica was so emotional and Chandler was so real when he started to cry as well. I thought his proposal was beautiful and simple just like their relationship.
Reply   Post New Thread