Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2016, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I would like it very much if we could carry on until the end of this season? What do you guys think?
I think we could carry on longer than that!

The Rachel/Phoebe scene was really sweet, they are actually my favorite friendship on the show so I love when we get moments between them.

Episode 113:

Chandler seeing Rachel's boobs. Hilarious.

In general though the episode kind of bored me with the Joey stuff, but the end was funny with Joey seeing Monica naked and then Monica seeing Joey's dad.

Episode 114:

I didn't really remember the episode but it was funny. Chandler running into Janice again was pretty hilarious.

Ross was a bit naive regarding Carol but its in his character.

The girls holding a man seance thing was pretty funny.

Episode 115:

Not my favorite episode of the bunch, this batch wasn't as enjoyable to me but of course the show is never bad.

The guy that came to eat was annoying.

Ross trying to talk dirty was pretty funny.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry, I'm a bit behind on the rewatch, hopefully I can catch up this week since I took the week off work.

Random 1x13 thoughts:

Ohh how embarrassing for Rachel, but it's funny since the guys never did learn to knock on the door before coming in. So Chandler learned nothing from this experience.

Joey chopping things while his dad explains things to him is interesting since I think that's one of the only times that we saw Joey cooking. "I'm in love with two women." "Please tell me one of them is ma!" Poor Joey. I like how he tries to fix things and it just makes his mom mad at him. So he decides to just leave them be. Is this the only time we saw his parents? I don't remember seeing them again after this. I do like how we got introduced to most of their parents in s1. "You know, they're parents, at some point you gotta let go."

Roger just can't leave his job at work. He's a good psychiatrist but he doesn't know how to relate to people on a personal level. I think that's pretty common for people in that profession though. I can see why Phoebe was done with him once he insulted her friends, her friends are like her family.

It was kind of sweet how Chandler tried to reassure Joey that he wouldn't end up like his dad.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ill go alone if I have to. Season 1 is getting close to ending!

116:

Ursula intro! So funny. Hate that Joey was into her but I liked seeing Phoebe not cool with it. Ursula is so horrible.

Helen Hunt cameo.

117:

ER doctors cameossss. Was that their doctor names on ER or not?

I love when they scared Ross, that was funny.

Joey not showing up was sad.

Rachel and Monica making fun of each other was SO FUNNY. I always loved when they fought on this show and took digs at each other, those were some funny scenes.

JOEY PHOEBE KISS I love them together, she was sweet to break it off with Joey and her reaction after the kiss! Im sad they never got together actually.

Ill try to watch 118 tomorrow! if not ill catch up when i get back from my trip
Old 11-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

^ Not alone! I should be able to catch up this week.

Random 1x14 thoughts:

I think this is the only Valentine episode they had.

And herrrrrre's Janice. I forgot how often she showed up in s1. It was actually funny how Jancie tormented Chandler on their date. He really did put her trough the wringer earlier in the season. It was funny how they started to get along after Joey left and they spent his money. And of course they slept together, Chandler always seems to end up with Jancie without meaning to. Even Jancie said that when he tried to breakup with her. It's funny she said that since hid end up having a more serious relationship with her later on.

Poor Ross is so awkward with women. And of course he ends up at the same restaurant as Susan and Carol. They live in New York City, what are the odds? It was sweet how he invited Carol to join him once Susan left. It was actually nice to see their personal dynamic, you can see why they did work as a couple. It was a good moment of closure for Ross though, I think he needed that.

I don't think the burning ritual worked since they all still dated losers after that. It's funny how the firemen weren't surprised about them doing that at all.

ETA: Random 1x15 thoughts:

Phoebe offering Chandler a job as a head chef.

At Chandler being suitable for the job he just quit. So funny how Chandler ended up caving and taking his job back.

This Joey/Ross moment though.

It's sweet how everyone tried to cheer Monica up after her disastrous interview with the stoned guy.

Overall kind of a slower episode than some of the others.

Last edited by rossfangirl86; 11-01-2016 at 05:14 PM
Old 11-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x14

This was an ok ep. Loved the Janice scenes.love chandlers reaction when he knows it's her. Great scenes in the restaraunt , chandler doing up his zipper and spending joeys money and scenes the coffee house. Chan and jan 4ever Them all being outside when he trying to get rid of her is great too.
The scene with ross and Carol was quite sad but it good that ross could let her go.
Liked seeing the girls hanging out together doing the ritual.

1x15

Another ok ep. I like how it shows chandler struggling with work issues , a lot of people can relate so even though it 20 years ago people still have those issues now.8 hours doing career tests is no fun Lovehim showing phoebe his office at the end and the view
It a shame monicas job didn't work out. The part I didn't like was Rachel taking monicas money she should have done it for free I think
My fave scene is chandler interrupting Joey and ross, will always be funny.
Few great lines "the lesser known I don't have a dream speech" and "it lot less satisfying stealing pens from your own home"

1x16
I like this ep. Great opening scene. It sad to see phoebe upset though. That she might lose joey .
The scenes with chandler and nina are quite funny . I like how she got him back with the stapler . That must have hurt.
It nice seeing ross going to the lamaze classes
Always make me laugh when we see Mr heckles
Great lines from chandler "once you're in you don't have to knock anymote" and "monkeys and babies are different"

Last edited by bluedolphin23; 11-02-2016 at 03:40 PM
bluedolphin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

^ Looks like I caught up with you at least.

Random 1x16 thoughts:

I like this little nod to Lisa's part on Mad About You, that was a really fun way to tie the two shows together. And it was a unique way to bring in Phoebe's twin sister, Ursula. I always like when shows that take place in the same city acknowledge the other. That used to happen a lot in this era of television, not so much anymore.

Ross ranting about Marcel's bad behavior.

So funny how Phoebe didn't care that they saw Ursula. She was just disappointed that they didn't see the woman who cut her hair.

The girl who plays Nina was in so many things in the 90s. I remember seeing her on BH 90120.

Were those Christmas lights even up in the NYE episode? I didn't notice them if they were.

Joey having a crush on Ursula is kind of weird since Phoebe looks exactly like her. It was kind of sad to see them at odds but it was sweet how she pretended to be Ursula later on.

Carol deciding she doesn't want to have the baby anymore. And then Ross finally realizing he's going to be a father.

Phoebe walking in while they're looking at the smooshed cake is so funny. Sad how Joey wasn't at her party though.

That Jack/Ross scene was funny but also sweet. It was also kind of cute how he felt like a dad after Marcel grabbed his fingers at the hospital.

That Rachel/Monica fight. Those poor guys had no idea what to think.

Last edited by rossfangirl86; 11-03-2016 at 04:12 PM
Old 11-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x16 second part

Rachel falling always frightens me , I love heckles reaction though
I like Ross' storyline, I like him seeking advice from his dad , a very sweet scene talking about him grabbing his finger and I love how it parallels to marcel later on. Chandler saying "we think he was trying to spell out his monkey" Will always be funny
The Rachel/Monica fight was funny.
The scene with Ross dropping the cake is great, poor phoebe though with Joey not being there . I like how they worked it out though
And always nice to see George Clooney
Really enjoyed the ep
1x17

I love this ep. It always reminds me as a kid and me playing poker because they were and I'm like Monica , so competitive.
I like the opening scene with them all together helping Rachel. It a shame she doesn't get the job .
Love all of chandlers sarcasm in this ep and their teasing of Joey , true friends.
It was nice to see them hang out in Ross' apartment for a change
I love end scene with Ross letting Rachel win, very sweet. And the very end scene with them playing pictionary . Very funny
Old 11-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

118:
This was a great episode, I really loved all the RR moments. "Your fly is open, Geller!" And then Ross letting her win was so sweet.

ETA:

119:
Episode was okay. I liked the focus on RR a lot and the moment in the kitchen was sweet before they were interrupted.

Rachel losing the monkey.

And then the moment in the room was such a moment for them DUMB BARRY.

Last edited by Alexa; 11-07-2016 at 10:54 PM
Old 11-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

I love all of your comments

I will carry on with my rewatch later on after I finish work and post it
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

120:

I remembered why I didn’t like this season that much I dont like Barry at all and watching Rachel take him back was so irritating. I was glad when she wised up to him playing her and mindy.

121:

This was an okay episode I am glad they are getting rid of Marcel, he just wasn’t my favorite.

Monica obsessing over the woman who stole her identity was sort of funny but also dumb because really?

And the Joseph Stalin bit was funny.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x19

Not a great ep. Normally there a couple of storylines in each ep. But this was just ross /Rachel and marcel. Like the scenes with Mr heckles though and phoebe with the dart

1x20

Didn't like this ep much either. I don't like the whole barry/Rachel /mindy thing. ^ I'm glad Rachel wised up too. The scene where they all discussing it is funny though.

Chandlers storyline makes me laugh , him being attached to the phone the whole ep and see him leap for it when it rings it funny seeing them use home phone rather than mobile . Since everyone uses mobile now. That the main thing that ages friends.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x21

This ep is ok. The end bit with marcel was sad.
The monica storyline was unusual. But it nice to see her enjoy herself a bit. And some bits were funny
I like how the 3 people at the end were the producers marta david n Kevin.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

122:

Rachel had a sex dream about Chandler.

Phoebe working for Chandler is great, those two together are always so funny because Chandler really can't handle Phoebes weirdness.

It's funny that Monica is only 26 and I'm older than her. Haha.

UGH RIGHT AS RACHEL DREAMS ABOUT ROSS HIS BEEPER GOES OFF ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME.

123:

Chandler/Monica scenes in the hospital were cute. I loved that Chandler said they should have a baby when they are both 40.

Rachel's outfit was cute. haha.

Jordy is kind of a cute name . Ben is so boring.

Phoebe, Ross and Susan being stuck together was funny.

124:

When Chandler spilled the beans about Ross's feelings I was so happy! SHE FINALLY KNOWS!

I love that Rachel decided she wanted to go to the airport to see Ross.

and I love that Monica was so supportive of it happening.

Rachel's day dream about Ross was so cute! Sucks that Ross came back with Julie

Woo Hoo, this rewatch was awesome, I am definitely going to continue watching episodes. I will probably go at my own pace though. It seems most people lost interest in it. But I will continue to post here if thats okay?
Old 11-14-2016, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Woo Hoo, this rewatch was awesome, I am definitely going to continue watching episodes. I will probably go at my own pace though. It seems most people lost interest in it. But I will continue to post here if thats okay?
This rewatch is awesome Happy you're enjoying it, Alexa.
Yes, you're more than welcome to stay and post. I am going to continue with the rewatch myself and then maybe we can talk about Season 2 rewatch.

Episode 13

It never fails to make me giggle in this episode how Chandler jumped out of his skin when he caught Rachel naked and saw her boobs
She totally kicked his ass about how he doesn't knock on the door. A great Rachel and Chandler moment.
Roger really rubbed them up in the wrong way. Especially Chandler He was totally right about Chandler being a only child and parents getting divorced..
So, I love the fact that Joey's dad made a appearance in this episode. Felt sorry for Joey when he took the phone from him and thought he was talking to his mom but it was a random chick. Aww he was upset
Lmao when Roger told Ross that maybe he wanted his marriage to fail That's something you never want to mess with Ross about
"hey, I married a lesbian to make you look good"
Then throwing cookies at the door when he left
I love this episode

Episode 14

I like how Monica and Rachel told Phoebe that she can't date Roger again just because it's Valentine's Day and they reminded her how bad he was
When Joey said to Chandler "she's needy, vulnerable and I'm thinking cha-ching!" one of my favourite epsiodes because of how he ends up with Janice again and the scene in the restaurant where Joey can't resist the woman and leaves him with her
"Come on, do it, do it, go, come on!!!" when he told Joey that he can't leave then she says she wants chocolate mousses to go and he gives Chandler his credit card and says he'/ gotta go

damn felt so sorry for Ross on that date and Carol was on her own and he was hitting on her again. You could see that he was still in love with her and the girl even accepted Carol to eat with them.

Pete the weeper.. crying when they had sex. So funny.
The ritual the girls had was brilliant and it is a good thing to do when you're single on Valentine's Day/night.
Firemen coming to their apartment. I imagine Valentine's Day is their busiest night too

Episode 15

First funny part in this episode is the first scene where Rach puts a pencil in Monica's coffee instead of a cinnamon stick haha..

It was nice in this episode to get a insight about what it is the Chandler does in his job and about how he wants something different..
Phoebe not catching on to tell Monica about the chef job but instead telling Chandler haha oh my god..

"If you can finish a 32-ounce steak it's free" Only Joey would eat that much for feee or not free
Poor Monica with that meeting now going well because he was so stoned. Couldn't wait for the food because of his munchies funny episode

Episode 16

So this is where we see Ursula and Joey liking her so much.
Ross was interesting and funny and the Lamaze class and he was a real man to be there knowing it was Carol and Susan there but he struggled to say who susan is, aww bless him.

Nina really made Chandler melt with her cuteness haha..

"Imagine your vagina is opening up like a flower" and he's sitting there pretending to be the woman Poor Ross.
It was sad for Phoebe thinking Joey bought her a birthday present. She wasn't happy.

I think Carol was great at the Lamaze class. Kicking Ross's ass Carol: "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?" Haha

Phoebe saying how Ursula stole Randy Brown from her and she being worried about her taking Joey away. Oh my, just so touching to watch about how she truly does care.

Episode 17

I'm loving that she wanted Monica to be her emergency call if anything ever happened to her. So sweet.
I think Joey was really torn in this episode about seeing Ursula on the same day it's Phoebe's birthday.
I loved Noah wyle and George Clooney in this episode. Both gorgeous men. Jennifer and Courtney both did superb acting pretending and what not. Especially at the apartment "I'm so spoiled"
Loved Phoebe's birthday party but she soon realised that Joey wasn't there. Another sad moment. Her face when she realised

It was great to see Ross having a bonding moment with his dad and how he felt when Ross was born, grabbing onto his finger and how Ross reacted. Emotional and moving to watch.
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Glad that everyone is enjoying the rewatch! I'm actually at s10 right now but I'll probably rewatch it again
Reply   Post New Thread