Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2016, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'll join in! I'm currently on S10 myself but once I finish I usually go back to S1 straight away. I never stop watching Friends. I like your idea Mel I tend to watch one or two episodes every Friday anyway.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

2-3 episodes is fine with me. 5 might be too much. Mel is right, we wouldn't really be able to discuss the episodes if we watched that many in a week. I'm still up for rewatching episodes with anyone that's online when I am. Would it be okay if some of us did that and others didn't? Or do you just prefer we post our overall comments on the episode instead of discussing them here as we watch them? I hope that makes sense.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Would we watch them all on the same day or break it up?
i think we just say, like, for example

week 1 (sept 19-25) episodes 101-103
week 2 (sept 26-oc 2) episodes 104-106

ETC.

so anytime during that week people can watch the episodes. then they can post their opinions on those first 3 in the thread. ya know? that way everyone can kinda watch at their own pace.

me, id probably binge all 3 episodes on the same day, like that friday or whatever day most people are gonna watch.

nikki i think posting as you watch could be fun, but that might litter the thread TOO much but I'm fine with it if people wanted to do that.

Quote:
I just thought we could just set a week for everyone to watch one episode and talk about it here once we did.
if it was an hour episode i think 1 would be good a week, but the episodes are so short. i really think 3 episodes a week is doable because thats about = 1 hour with the 20 minute episodes....

1 episode of friends is just SO few and it would take forever. i definitely could not watch that show, i would end up just going ahead of everyone else probably lol.

and to me the point of a rewatch is to watch "together" in some sort. obviously time zones are gonna conflict but if we set it for like the week of this through this, OR friday-sunday or whatever it could work.

if someone gets behind they could always catch up when they have a chance and then post their thoughts later.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

^ Ohh, okay. I haven't done one of these kind of rewatches before so I wasn't sure how it was supposed to go. Posting once we see the episodes sounds good to me.

Last edited by rossfangirl86; 09-21-2016 at 04:14 AM
Old 09-21-2016, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not keen on the idea of posting while we watch the episodes.

Let's just post after we have seen the episodes and you guys can decide on how many you prefer to watch.

Welcome Liv!
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

i can watch as many as anyone wants but i think it should def be at LEAST 3 a week. They are very short episodes and 7 days is a long time...
Old 09-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

I plan on watching the pilot tomorrow night.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

How many episodes are we watching per week?

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

3 a week

Yes, the pilot tomorrow!
Can't wait ladies!
Old 09-26-2016, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Mel and myself I hope you get to rewatch this amazing season with us

Just watched the pilot! Was so nice to reminisce and see where it all began for these amazing 6!
"This guy says hello, I want to kill myself"
The way Rachel looked at Phoebe in this episode, trying to understand her quirky ways

I will always love Rachel in that wedding dress!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Random thoughts I had during the rewatch:

1. It's always strange to see the opening credits without any clips attached. I actually forgot that the pilot only showed them dancing around the fountain. I'm glad they always kept parts of the original credits in their later ones. It's really fun seeing the entire thing again.

2. I think the opening scene with them in Central Perk pretty much sums up the entire show. Them sitting in a coffee shop in the middle of the day talking about their lives with some sarcastic comments thrown in.

3. Chandler and his bowling shirts. When did he stop wearing those? Season three?

4. Joey's best line of the episode, "This guy says hello and I want to kill myself."

5. I think we have a pretty good sense of all their personalities in the first 5 minutes. Now that's writing talent.

6. They all had SO MUCH hair in s1. Well, besides Ross. *pats him*

7. I like Rachel's wedding dress too, Vicki. It's not as poofy as other wedding dresses were in the 90s.

8. Barry DOES look like Mr. Potato Head.

9. It's cute how Ross puts sugar in Rachel's cup.

10. So no one on this show works, they just spend the day drinking coffee and watching telenovela's. I want to watch telenovela's with them though, that'd be fun.

11. I forgot how big phones were in the early 90s.

12. I love how Rachel invited herself to stay at Monica's.

13. Joey's love of sandwhiches was there from the start. I never noticed that before.

14. I love how the guys react to Paul. They're acting like older brothers, which is kind of sweet actually.

15. "I wish I could but I don't want to." Best line.

16. I thought men weren't supposed to read directions? There's a trope turned onto its head. Not that it helped them any.

17. I wonder if the coffee Chandler/Joey poured into the plant killed it.

18. Monica's friends are so nosey but what's new?

19. Hey look at that, Chandler has a job! But he's really not in a hurry to get there.

20. Joey loves to wear black leather in s1.

21. Credit cards aren't that easy to cut up now.

22. That Ross/Rachel scene is one of my favorites. I love when we know what a character is talking about but the others are clueless. Ross telling Monica he grabbed a spoon is a perfect example of that.

Wow, that was a bit long, hope that's okay.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

101:

"This guy says hello, I want to kill myself"

LOVED that line because it was so Ross in the later seasons.

The RR connection from the beginning was so apparent and so great to watch, they just have such a cute chemistry there. When he asked her out at the end (sort of) that was so cute.

"So like, you guys all have jobs?" I love it. Aren't they all 28 or supposed to be 28 or so? I like that Rachel is relatable to 20 somethings now days that are struggling with work etc.

Monica’s storyline was kinda lame, it dragged the episode down a bit for me. But as a whole I thought the pilot was really good. Rachel in that wedding dress is iconic.

102:

Funny how Carol was different in this episode. So weird. I wonder why they swapped her out. I thought this actress was a lot more likable.

We get to see Monica's cleaning OCD for the first time. Just like my mom. ++ Ugly Naked Guy intro.

Joey is so skinny and young. And David looks adorable in these episodes.

Rachels overalls were so cute, it's funny that the old fashion is kinda back in style.

In general it wasn't one of my favorite episodes. All the Carol/Barry stuff dragged it down for me.

Quote:
"I wish I could but I don't want to." Best line.
I love that line, still one of my all time favorites from Phoebe. So true too.

Netflix stopped working for me so Ill watch 103 later. So excited to be doing this rewatch because I never really got to post my thoughts in real time!
Old 09-27-2016, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the pilot. I haven't watched from the beginning for a long time.

I love noticing all the changes :the apartment numbers, barrys surname.

My fave scenes are just watching the six of them in a scene together. The 6 of them are perfect. I also love the ross/Rachel scenes, especially with them looking at the window. Meant to be from beginning. and love Ross 'grabbing a spoon'

I also like Monica and chandler teasing Joey about Pinocchio

Fave lines
'I wish I could help but I don't want to"
"Welcome to the real world , it sucks , you're gonna love it"
And chandlers Sarcasm 'Paul? Is it?"

1x02

Great opening scene
The scene with ross monica jack judy is nice because we never have a scene like that again. I will always laugh at judys line to monica 'and you knew about this'.

I like the ross /Rachel scene in the coffee house . Very sweet. And the end scene is nice too

Susan drives me crazy in this episode only thing I don't like about it.

^I read the first carol wanted a larger role so quit and they got jane sibbet instead

Last edited by bluedolphin23; 09-27-2016 at 01:05 AM
bluedolphin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah that makes sense, wanted a bigger role so got fired instead. lol.

Susan was really annoying to me through the entire series, she was way too harsh.

103:

Let into Chandlers smoking addiction. Funny that these little quirks stayed through the series.

Rachel's "what bank is this!?" was so funny.

I love how I can always find something new to see in these episodes every time I watch. The early ones are a little strange... seeing Chandler at work was strange lol.

Some of the fashion is so cute actually. Rachel's jean jacket was adorable.

I wanted to keep watching lol.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x03

I like this ep. Another good opening scene. This was back when they didn't dumb down Joey so much . Here he knows what 'goes to live on a farm' means he doesn't in s10

Phoebes storyline made me laugh her impression of 'not mine' and offering chandler 7000 dollars to stop smoking and Rachel saying "what bank is this"

The annoying quirk scene was great too
Reply   Post New Thread