Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Addicted Fan

In TOW the Thanksgiving flashbacks it is implied that Rachel lost her virginity to Chip Matthews in high school; but in season 2 when she is telling Ross all the men she has slept with, Chip is not on her list.
user4091989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Found two more: one is an inconsistency and the other one is an irony.

In TOW the Cheap Wedding Dress, Chandler told the girls the real reason why he wanted The Swing Kings to play at their wedding. He said, "While Monica and I were dancing to them, it was the first time I knew that you were the woman I wanted to dance all my dances with." Yet, in TO After I Do, at the wedding reception before the bride and groom dance, Chandler said that he had been taking dancing lessons for 6 weeks so he wouldn't embarrass Monica on the dance floor. He would not have needed dancing lessons if he had already been dancing to swing music with Monica!

In TOW Monica's Thunder, when Monica got mad at Rachel for drawing attention away from her engagement, Monica vowed that, when Rachel announced her engagement, she (Monica) would announce that she is pregnant. The irony of it all is that, it was at Monica's wedding that Rachel announced that she was pregnant!

And, btw, I really wish the writers did not make Monica and Chandler's wedding so slapstick silly and Naked Gun-ish. The perfect TV couple really deserved to have the perfect wedding!
DonGiovanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Does Dr. Greene smoke?

Boy, I just keep finding them! I actually thought of this when I replying to the Joey/Rachel thread:

In TOW The Two Parties, Ross had to go over to the girls' apartment to retrieve Dr. Greene's glasses and cigarettes. He was caught in the hallway with one of Dr. Greene's cigarettes hanging from his mouth and wearing Dr. Greene's reading glasses.

In TOW Rachel Smokes, she told her boss at Ralph Lauren that her father is a doctor who is opposed to smoking. She said he told her 'horror stories' ... presumably about the evils of smoking but, since Rachel none-too-subtly suspended her sentence and changed course, I guess we'll never know for sure what Dr. Greene's horror stories were .

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 04-06-2012 at 05:48 PM
Old 04-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Continuity, people!

Same scene, different drinks in Joey's left hand, as he explained to Monica and Rachel why he needed to load up his bladder to do his scene well for the director, Leonard Hayes (from 9.15 TOW All the Mugging):

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 04-29-2012 at 08:50 PM
Reply   Post New Thread