Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Total Fan

i've been watching the show since forever, and yet it amazes me to see how many mistakes there are on
the ones that i can think about are :
- monica saying that she had a cat in s2 then in s5, she said that she's allergic to them
- rachel's surname: sometimes, it would be Green or Greene
- monica saying in s10 that she's never been fired of something before = she's been fired
- ross's virginity: he said carol was his first and we know that he met her in college and yet there is the old woman story from high school in s7 and in s8
- the infamous mess about chandler and rachel: they spent two thanksgiving together = in the pilot AND in tow the flashback, they didn't seem to remember each other
- in s2, when phoebe sings in front of the central perk, there's the random guy who throws a condom by accident and yet, few episodes later, random guy turns out to be frank jr
- chandler is afraid of dogs but when phoebe had her mothers's dog, he didn't seemed afraid of it

Last edited by F.R.I.E.N.D.S/OTH; 12-12-2011 at 08:31 AM
F.R.I.E.N.D.S/OTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Great eye.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Jenny's Dimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Addicted Fan

-There is a whole episode in S6 devoted to chandler not being able to cry (TOW chandler cant cry) but he cries all the time throughout the series. The other characters make fun of him for crying so often.

-In S4 Rachel absolutely hates living at the guys' apartment when they switched, but in S6 when she moves there again, she has absolutely no problems with it.
user4091989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can forgive Ross' virginity thing though-that was supposed to be a secret and I doubt that Chandler would have spilled about that when Ross was bumming about it in S1 because he wasn't angry with him for anything at the time.

The Rachel and Chandler thing does bother me a lot though.

There was also Joey in the Pilot telling Rachel that Chandler is "away a lot", when he never seemed to be away any more than the rest of them. But I guess it's not technically a goof because 1. it was the Pilot and 2. He probably was gone more than Joey.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Addicted Fan

The older woman from high school they only said ross made out with her. Chandler did say that ross slept with the lady who cleaned the down which is an inconsistency because in S1 not only did Ross say that carol was his first, but the guys were also making fun of the fact that he has only slept with one woman.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

I just started watching this show from the beginning and I was irked at the little mistakes between episodes 1x04 and 1x05:

In 104, Rachel says to her friends that she "even does her own laundry," then, in 105, the entire episode is basically about Rachel not being able to do her laundry.

And in 105, Monica mentions that Ross never even told her his virginity, but at the beginning of 104, Ross is talking about his first time with Carol and they are Chandler is surprised that he told his sister and he says he "told everyone".

But man, I never realized that there were this many. I guess people didn't mind too much because so many people think it's the "best show ever", but this would irk me beyond belief! There are SO many! And about the main characters too. :nono
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by user4091989 (View Post)
-There is a whole episode in S6 devoted to chandler not being able to cry (TOW chandler cant cry) but he cries all the time throughout the series. The other characters make fun of him for crying so often.
i don't think chandler cried that much through the show, actually it seems that rachel was the big cryer of the gang: in s4 when joey dances with mr trigger, monica says that rachel cries all the time and rachel "that is so not true" ... while crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by user4091989 (View Post)
-In S4 Rachel absolutely hates living at the guys' apartment when they switched, but in S6 when she moves there again, she has absolutely no problems with it.
i don't know if this is really an issue, i mean sure she hated first but i guess she simply growed to love the apartment through the show, like in s6, sure she wasn't really enthusiastic about it but then there was the food on the carpet thing and she enjoyed it more

i think of another one: in s9, joey said he didn't know what people means when they do the air quote sign with their hands but in tow the secret closet, he did it while talking to chandler

Last edited by F.R.I.E.N.D.S/OTH; 01-14-2012 at 12:54 PM
F.R.I.E.N.D.S/OTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Addicted Fan

In season 2 when Joey and Chandler are hanging out with Richard he teaches them how to pass money to people subtly while shaking hands and chandler is able to do it with no problem. But in season 7 (tow the holiday armidillo) one of the main jokes is that chandler has no idea how to do that and Monica is trying to teach him and it isn't working.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

One condom, seven times?!

Most glaring inconsistency: Joey left Chandler one condom (TOW The Truth About London) but Chandler said during Ross's wedding reception that he and Monica did it seven times (TO After Ross Says Rachel). Maybe they retreated to Monica's hotel room for the rest of the times, who probably had some protection of her own handy? After all, Monica had a room to herself since Rachel had not yet arrived in London. Besides, if they continued doing it in Chandler and Joey's room, Joey was liable to walk in on them again!

However, the next morning, they woke up in Chandler and Joey's hotel room (not Monica's) when Ross came barging in all excited that he was getting married TODAY. So ... there's really no way around this one condom/seven times dilemma.

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 01-11-2012 at 09:31 PM
DonGiovanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Monica and Chandler's infertility

If Phoebe could be implanted with Frank and Alice's fertilized eggs, couldn't Monica and Chandler also have tried IVF? The inhospitable environment (Monica's uterus) and lazy sperm (who wouldn't get off their Barcaloungers) reason is rather weak in this case.

Being that Courteney Cox was actually pregnant in real life during the filming of Season 10, the writers could have made her discover that she and Chandler are pregnant in the last episode of Season 10 after adopting the twins. That would give Chandler and Monica three babies and complete the whole show with that 'sigh ... happily ever after' feeling.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

The inconsistencies with everyone's ages really bothers me! It's mainly the episode TOW They All Turn 30 that really messes it up for me. So I choose to believe that's wrong, and go with the round-about ages that were stated in season 1.

Monica and Rachel being 26 (in the second half of the season) with Ross, Joey and Chandler being a year older. And then Phoebe being a year older than the guys.
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Extreme Fan

wow i never realized most of these!!! its sad when stuff like this slips . i mean i know the writers could forget and such but the fans dont

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Melissa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is Joey a morning person?

In TOW All The Haste, after Rachel was rudely awaken by the singing baritone neighbour ("Morning is heeere ...") on a Saturday morning, she stomped out of her room complaining but Joey said he loved the guy's singing in the mornings when he used to occupy Rachel's room before the exchanging of apartments. [BTW, Phoebe is right about Joey's beautiful voice -- it was so deep and rich when he sang along with the baritone at the end of this episode.]

In TOW The Kips, when Monica and Chandler were still keeping their relationship a secret, Monica came over to Chandler's for a 3AM rendezvous and Joey walked in on them. Joey asked what time it was and Chandler said, "Nine" as Chandler hastily shoved the clock out of the way. Joey was confused and said, "But it's dark out." So Monica said that, since Joey always slept 'til noon, he would not know that what nine in the morning looked like!

So does Joey like the mornings or sleeps until noon every day?

Last edited by DonGiovanna; 01-14-2012 at 09:43 PM
Old 01-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Addicted Fan

In the last one all 6 of them have a key to Monica and Chandler's apartment that they turn in at the end. But in season 6, the episode where Chandler and Monica decide to live together, Monica gives him her key and he says "the door hasn't been locked in years" and the key ends up breaking in the door. Also, in season 8 when Monica and Chandler are on their honeymoon, Phoebe and Joey both have things in their apartment and can't get in because the door is locked and Monica took their keys away so they break down the door to get in...
Old 01-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Phoebe, the massage therapist

In 7.13 TOW Rosita Dies, Phoebe said that her year was not going very well as it was already February and she's only done two massages thus far, both for bad tippers -- Monica and Ross.

In 8.14 TOW The Secret Closet, Phoebe chances upon Monica getting a massage at home by another massage therapist. Phoebe was mad because she said that Monica had never let her massage Monica before.
Reply   Post New Thread