Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Friends Fashion- Hits and Misses

I, though completely apathetic to fashion and such in real life, am completely fascinated by fashion on TV. With Friends, I am more than often amazed by the fashion choices, especially with the girls. Occasionally, I am not.

For example. This:

is gorgeous. Simple and elegant. While the colour of the dress is beautiful, the colour of the shoes is unfortunate, but they are beautiful, too. It really makes the most of Jen's curves.

This (a couple of months and a devastating break-up later):

is awful. Now, now, Rachel, I know you're hung-up on Ross, but it did not make you go blind, so why are you wearing something that my mother would use to cover an ironing board? It looks like a particularly colourful sack. Monica's top is nothing to write home about either. Were the costume guys on the show on something that day?

Please post your fashion hits and misses (girls and boys). Remember not to hotlink, please. Getting a PhotoBucket account is easy and free, so there's no excuse!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Extreme Fan

i love looking at what they wear on Friends too (especially Rachel)! before i post anything, i have a question - where do you get your screencaps from?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Monica is the fashion vicim I am the most often puzzled by. Phoebe has a strange sense of fashion but Monica often looks hard to me in some of the clothes they put her in.

Great thread,
cp1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardlove (View Post)
i love looking at what they wear on Friends too (especially Rachel)! before i post anything, i have a question - where do you get your screencaps from?
I got these ones from Friends Cafe

Okay, I'm seriously bored.

I love this. I have no idea why- it's just such adorable bedwear. I think the hair really sets it off, too. But I really hate that skirt that Amy is wearing, and the purse is just very strange.

In the words of Phoebe: MY EYES, MY EYES:

Oh, Courteney, what did you do to your costume designer? Kill her family? Torch her home?

I looooooove Rachel's dress here. Love, love, love. You'd think it was her hen night, not Phoebe's. Phoebe's top = . But Courteney's outfit is relatively sane.

Oh, and God. My worst Rachel outfit ever. Joey's hideous shirt does not help.

On holiday does not have to mean on crack, guys.

OT: Where'd you get the picture in your icon? It's adorable.

Last edited by stoptheqtip; 08-30-2007 at 05:33 PM
stoptheqtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, great idea for a thread! One of those guilty pleasures...

Will post some pics later

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Oh, definitely. In my head, I'm totally a merciless fashion magazine editor, and just dying to rip clothes to pieces. In a lot of cases, I'd be quite happy to do that literally.

Yay. Is Phoebe exempt? Because she pretty much always wears god-awful clothes?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

I would close my eyes too
Not a fan of the top. It seems it has a huge stain...

Oh, just a reminder: the thread is meant to have fun talking about clothes, not the actors... so comments about weight or physical appearance are not allowed.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Weight? What weight?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Well... you know what I meeean...

Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

That green dress that rachel wears is so beautiful. it fits her perfectlyy.
i also like that dress in TO barbados. and also love that too.
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

This one is really gorgeous... not sure how I feel about the red shoes she's wearing (from what I remember about the scene), but the oriental style fitted her perfectly.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Joana, you like her Barbados dress? It makes my eyes want to recede into the back of my head. Different people, different tastes.

OT: Cris, I love your sig! Hee!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked her Barbados dress as well. It was a great style on her. Of course it was a vast improvement over what they did to Monica between her hair and the outfits she wore it was nice to see Rachel looking so pulled together.
cp1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Extreme Fan

what? what was wrong with the Barbados dress? i thought it matched Joey's shirt perfectly. i do like the bedwear and the oriental dress though.

i've always found this sweater (Rachel's) interesting to look at. she wore it in TOW Rosita Dies too.

her shirt says "save the drama for your mama." i love it.

simple but classy.

i the stripes!

i think her shirt is pretty cool...and so perfect for Phoebe.

a rare moment where Phoebe wears something beautiful...her wedding dress.

i love this combo.

this is cute!

as you can tell, i pretty much love whatever Rachel is wearing. also, i'm having way too much fun with this. oh, in which episode was Rachel wearing the orange cookie monster shirt? i loved that as well.

Last edited by hardlove; 08-31-2007 at 03:41 PM
hardlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

It must be a genetic thing about that Barbados dress- my mother and sister hate it too.

Oh my God. Are you, like, a mind-reader? I was going to post pretty much exactly those items. Particularly one from TOW Rachel's Dream because, seriously, it's so gorgeous, and whoever put it over jeans is a genius. And "Save the drama for your mama" just makes me laugh. I also like that skirt she's wearing. Jennifer has really nice legs. The bitch.

Usually, Phoebe gets put on the back burner compared to Jennifer and Courteney, especially since she had to wear such god-awful clothes a lot of the time. But in her wedding episode, she really got to shine.

You mean TOW Estelle Dies? I love that t-shirt!