Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Cast To Be On The Oprah Winfrey Show

This Thursday, Nov. 20. Check local listings for show times in your area.

[ 11-18-2003: Message edited Zach Braff Lover ]
Old 11-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Cotton Candy

Ooh, that's awesome! Thanks for the info!
Old 11-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zach Braff Lover:
<STRONG>This Thursday, Nov. 20. Check local listings for show times in your area.</STRONG>
Oh, thanks for this! I'll be sure to watch.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

I used to get Oprah...now I don't anymore... [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh cool! I'm so glad I happen to see this thread! Oprah comes on during a busy time of day for me so I usually miss it. I definitely won't miss tomorrow! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, Charly's_Aunt [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 11-19-2003: Message edited mollymac ]
mollymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200311/tows_p
ast_20031120.jhtml for more info on the show

Every actor in this ensemble cast has a flair for comedy, but when Oprah asked who would be considered "class clown," the verdict was unanimous: Matthew Perry.

"On his own, without writers or anything, [Matthew] is the funniest person from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed. I think he may be the funniest person I've ever met." — Courtney Cox Arquette

If Matthew is the funniest, these "friends" say Jennifer Aniston is by far the most emotional member of this ensemble cast—which makes "saying goodbye" especially hard for her.

"Jennifer is one big throbbing heart. She's all emotion, feeling and support. Even if you were to say that you'd accidentally killed someone, she's reply, 'Honey, it's not your fault.' That's loyalty, her unconditional support and love." — Lisa Kudrow

The cast admitted they will all have a very emotional, difficult time leaving the show behind, and the last week of filming the finale will be particularly sad.

Courtney: I think Jennifer probably won't be able to breathe. She started [crying] the first day we got here this year. It will probably be the most emotional week we go through ever.

Matthew: I think we will all be consoling each other. Jennifer is, you know, 'this is the last bagel I'm going to eat on the second day of rehearsal.' There's a lot of stuff like that!

Married to Brad Pitt in real life, Jennifer's character Rachel has always had a love interest on the show—in particular a deep history with Ross, and a more recently romance with Joey. Who would Jennifer like to see her Rachel end up with romantically?

"I'll start crying [thinking about the end]. That's a tough one. If you go back to the beginning, I think everybody has a special place for Ross and Rachel."

Oprah had a pregnancy question for Courtney, who has been married to actor David Arquette since 1999.

Oprah: When this is all done, will you go home and have babies?

Courtney: I feel like I've had "the itch" for quite a while, so yes...I'm looking forward to it. In the past ten years, a lot has happened to me—I've gotten married, lost my father and learned to accept my life for what it is. I feel like I'm an adult now.

You can certainly feel the love and friendship among all of the friends!

"There's a running theme with all of them for me. They're all so trustworthy and dependable, and that's a very big deal. Matt, you embody trustworthy and dependable. You're exactly everything you say you are, and do what you're going to do. Your heart is huge, just decent to the core. Also, now [Joey] is one of my favorite characters," explains Lisa.

Matt will star in a spin-off of Friends next Fall, but is reluctant to think about it too much. He's still completely devoted to his current cast members and friends.

"I really want to enjoy the closing of this before I really go on," says Matt. "Without having closure here, it doesn't feel right, I feel kind of betraying, I feel afraid. It's like, 'You guys are coming, right?' I had a funny pitch for the title [of his sitcom]. It was called, Where the Hell is Everybody? That didn't fly!"

There have been hundreds of memorable Friends moments and picking their personal favorites was no easy task. She might have been Ross' sister, but when Chandler and Monica finally decided to make it official, the usual Friends hi-jinx and hilarity was put aside for one of the most tender moments on a sitcom.

Courtney: The favorite part for me to play or be a part of is when I asked Chandler to marry me.

Matthew: I agree with Courtney. That scene where we decided to get married is up there for me.

For everyone involved with Friends, the end of the show is the beginning of a new chapter in their lives. What do they wish for each other?

Jennifer: I think it's amazing what we've been doing for the past 10 years. We've been able to do what we love...and there's nothing more fulfilling than that. I truly hope everyone continues to find happiness in that.

Matthew: We all have different dreams and aspirations. I hope we fulfill them, and also simply enjoy the passage of time.

What Oprah noticed about the cast is that if you don't ask them by name to answer a question, they all courteously wait for the other person to answer. This cast is known for being famously friendly with each other on and off the set. It's that kind of chemistry that they believe has made them a success—they know their friendships will last beyond the season finale. We feel the love!

[ 11-20-2003: Message edited ellavm ]
ellavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ohhh!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Thank you So much ellavm!!!! [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]
I live in france.. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]...I hope i could watch it too one day...
- Anita - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

It comes on in an hour here... good, I'll have something to do after while. I'm bored. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Mandy Renay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Total Fan

I watched it today. [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

It was so sweet.. and sad.. and funny! Awww..

I love them!
i heart giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Cotton Candy

I watched it and taped it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It was great! It was everything I expected and more! You can really see how close they all are. I think they were all being really genuine.

I hope this really is the first of many farewell interviews.

[ 11-20-2003: Message edited DCreekFreak ]
Old 11-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

It was a little weird to see them all together at Central Perk and them not be the characters. I kept laughing when they were calling each other by the nicknames.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Is there a site that has caps of the cast on Oprah? After today I think Matthew Perry is hot!
PaceNJoForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PaceNJoForever:
<STRONG>After today I think Matthew Perry is hot!</STRONG>
Hee. You mean you didn't before?
Old 11-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish I had taped it. My sis and I were trying to decide whether or not to tape it and now I regret not doing it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I loved how they each went around talking about their cast mates. Also when they had nicknames for each other. It was so sweet. I almost wish it didn't have to end b/c of how much I'm going to miss it. But all good things have to end sometime.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

I watched it, and it was great.

I really liked that they did the interview at Central Perk and did tours of the set and backstage. You can really see how close the cast is, they had nothing but wonderful things to say to each other.

Even though I've complained that the show isn't as funny or good as it used to be, after I watched this I realized just how sad it's ging to be when it ends. For so many years I've associated Thursday nights with Friends and now it's ending. We'll have Joey but it can never replace Friends.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] at Matt Le Blanc's comment on calling the show {i]Where the Hell Is Everbody?[/i]
spazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread