Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

General Comments on TO After Joey & Rachel Kiss (10x01)

In an episode that marks the Emmy-winning series' final season premiere, romantic hookups continue to go astray in Barbados as Monica, Phoebe and Chandler overhear Ross kissing Charlie (guest star Aisha Tyler) while on the room's other wall, they can also eavesdrop on Joey and Rachel as they nuzzle. Elsewhere, Monica styles her hair like a puffed-up blowfish -- complete with attached seashells -- while Phoebe arrives back in Manhattan in time to meet boyfriend Mike (guest star Paul Rudd) to move forward with their rekindled romance.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Is it possible to love Ross/Rachel and Joey/Rachel at the same time?

Joey/Rachel were cute. The Chandler/Monica/Phoebe pretending to say goodbye to the hotel was hilarious. Mike/Phoebe were cute too. Overall, it was a pretty good ep. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Joey and Rachel are really cute, but I didn't think this season premiere was all that funny, I mean there were moments that were funny but not really like laugh out loud hilarous kind of funny, except when Rachel and Joey tried kissing and they BOTH had Ross in their head, that was very funny [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] but i dunno I think I expected more from the Premiere.

Mel [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

edited to ask: does anyone have or know any sites that have pics of Joey kissing Ross in that one scene i was talking about from the premiere? i wanna make an avatar and any help would be appreciated, thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 09-30-2003: Message edited DaWsonSReaLJoEy ]
Old 10-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

It sucked... Okay, back to all seriousness, I am a huge R/R fan so of course I disliked the kiss. I LOVE Joey and Rachel individually but I agree with Jennifer Aniston in that it seems way too much like they are brother and sister and it just does not feel right. I adored the Joey and Rachel convos in the past. They were funny and charming but whenever they crossed this line to romance, I hated it.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DaWsonSReaLJoEy:
<STRONG>

edited to ask: does anyone have or know any sites that have pics of Joey kissing Ross in that one scene i was talking about from the premiere? i wanna make an avatar and any help would be appreciated, thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 09-30-2003: Message edited DaWsonSReaLJoEy ]</STRONG>
PM me and tell me what you need. I have the episode on the computer and can cap the scene for you.

Copying from my LJ.

The episode was funny and nice at the same time. Even the silliest of jokes made me crack up.

Monica with the corn rows was so funny. When she said "I was dancing around, singing No Woman, No Cry..." I was almost crying, so hard I was laughing. Courtney is such a funny person. And Chandler's rection on the hair was great, "I can see your scalp!" "Entertainment for the eyes. And the ears." were wonderful.

Phoebe and Mike's Precious story was kinda disappointing, I thought it would be better, Lisa didn't get the chance of showing her real work there. But, we had Paul Rudd, so I can't complain. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ross and Charlie were as boring as they could be. Save the "Dr. Geller" parts and when she said "You go, girlfriend".

And, of course, the Rachel and Joey parts were my favorites. They look so cute togheter. My eyes were shinning when he said "I'm thinking about you" and I was so happy they didn't sleep togheter, even if they wanted to. Rachel seemed really happy with Joey, her eyes did show this, but that's just what I think. ::looks::

Emma looks so cute, period.

The listening through the wall thing was so enjoyable, I loved when they did before and still love right now.
it's been an education, a love affair, a friendship. it's been amazing. ~ matt le blanc
^-^nanda^-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed the premiere very much. As a J/R fan, I of course, loved seeing them together and thought, too, that they both looked very happy.

I also like seeing Ross and Charlie together. They have a lot in common (even moreso than Ross and the rest of the Friends), their personalities seem to fit, and, like Joey said, they make sense. I would almost argue that Ross should be in the middle of the triangle and that Charlie should be the one he ends up with instead of Rachel.

I thought Monica and Phoebe were the funniest characters in this episode. I loved the scene where they were running back and forth between walls. I hope they, along with Chandler, get to shine much more in this last season.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
PM me and tell me what you need. I have the episode on the computer and can cap the scene for you.

Hey thanks so much, I tried to PM u but its not letting me PM anyone right now. I just wanted the pics of Joey and Ross kissing and then pulling away to make an avatar with, so any u can cap from that one scene would be great! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

thanks so much

(if u want u can email them to me JaYnSBSnoochGrl@aol.com or just post'em up [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
Old 10-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

10.01 Scene Caps
Old 10-03-2003, 02:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Cool - thanks for the caps! I Haven't seen the episode yet. Soon... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Thanks for the link Jenn, I got the pics [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Extreme Fan

The episode didn't seem to flow like ones before, but that always happens when they are trying to wrap up events from the season finale. Not really that funny. Thought the J/R stuff was well dealt with though, it could have been worse
Old 11-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

This episode is re-airing tomorrow, so please continue the discussion [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Bumping to save from pruning [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2004, 03:17 AM
Extreme Fan

man i loved this ep. i remember almost falling over my chair from laughter as Monica, Chandler and Phoebe ran from wall to wall. sigh, good times...

and of course Joey/Rachel - "i'm thinking about you."
Old 07-11-2004, 09:13 AM
New Fan

I think this is actually one of the more underrated episodes of season 10 and one of the rather underrated episodes overall. The listening through the wall thing was hilarious and Monica with her corn rows was just a riot. For a change, she was getting Chandler exasperated instead of vice versa. It didnt happen often between the two of them.