Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Extreme Fan

There are few thriller/action series on television today and I've noticed there are some of them won't really last.Liz would be very perfect to play sort of that show, for me i would be alright if its won't last or cancelled.And im noticed there are some comedy series out there won't last as well,if she do like a comedy.And we dont know what is her feeling like if she's belong to one of that show would come to an end without proper ending,and I didn't know if v was her huge disappointed and distraught or happy.

Quote:
And her helping Chris out or even scheduling Q&A session so much in advance makes me think she doesn't plan to have a shooting schedule to deal with soon.
Maybe that Q&A session its a different plan

Quote:
Me too
me either,Im so happy to hear about Liz just casting choice,even if she doen't have any project.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

This is another unusual idea, but I think I wouldn't be opposed to Liz starring in a music video. Dominic Monaghan has done it too and I think it would only take about 3 days to finish filming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamae (View Post)
There are few thriller/action series on television today and I've noticed there are some of them won't really last.Liz would be very perfect to play sort of that show, for me i would be alright if its won't last or cancelled.And im noticed there are some comedy series out there won't last as well,if she do like a comedy.And we dont know what is her feeling like if she's belong to one of that show would come to an end without proper ending,and I didn't know if v was her huge disappointed and distraught or happy.
That is sadly the risk you take with every TV show. The only TV projects that are guaranteed to have an ending are TV movies or HBO miniseries. I actually would love to see Liz in an HBO miniseries, but I have noticed that more and more movie actors seem to get cast in those, so I have no idea how hard it would be for Liz to score a part in one of these projects.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-13-2012 at 05:35 PM
Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Sons Of Anarchy films in Los Angeles, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
What Alex said, in LA
Thanks girls. I thought that even if some shots were done there, part of the show could be filmed somewhere else for budget reasons, maybe.
Quote:
She would giggle and laugh a lot, that's for sure. Kurt is nuts
Agreed. On both accounts.
Quote:
I assume all responsibility and risk associated with your crush on Niko. Wait 'til you see him and his hair and his perfect face in movement. And he's a baddie, so

You just need to ignore the incest part
Spending years in the fandom means seeing tons of slash and crazy pairings that only exist in fanfic. To see incest written in canon will be a piece of cake.
Quote:
Yeah, I think you're right We should have heard something by now right? I don't think she's doing anything anytime soon
I keep my fingers crossed for the fall. Would love to be surprised before then, but things look too "quiet" at the moment.
Quote:
Like Alex said, the survival rate of tv shows is pretty low so you need A LOT of luck, but I think chances increase considerably on cable.
And I do wonder how V affected Liz - I hope she didn't feel responsible for the way things went or the criticism the show received - the cast had no faults.
I'm sure it would be easier for Liz to get offered some interesting material if things had gone differently though, even if it still got cancelled but got on the radar of critics or/and fans more.
Quote:
This is another unusual idea, but I think I wouldn't be opposed to Liz starring in a music video. Dominic Monaghan has done it too and I think it would only take about 3 days to finish filming.
That's a nice idea, actually.
It would have to be for a pretty well-known band/musician, though. (Michelle Rodriguez filmed a music video, too, last year (for an electro/house song collaboration), but I found out months later. )

Seeing as we were talking about series set in costume/set in the past, what do you guys think of this?
Quote:
HBO and Playtone partners Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman are in early talks to acquire the Berlin Noir novel series by Philip Kerr. The plan is to develop this as a series that focuses on the police detective character Bernie Gunther in 1930s Germany, with the political climate and run-up to WWII and then the Cold War as the backdrop. Deal isn’t done yet, but I’m told that it will close. Numerous studios and producers pursued the property as a feature, but the author decided to go for a prestige series. He’s gone through enough development hell on the feature front on past books and HBO can point to enough successes like Game of Thrones to show the merits of an episodic adaptation of novels with storylines that span around 20 years.
HBO Acquiring Phillip Kerr 'Berlin Noir' Novels For Series - Deadline.com
Old 04-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Im very agree of it as well,especially a nice music background.I have also a good another idea but i dont know if you guys agree of this for her.I would love her to join any tv commercial model at the moment just to ease our wishfulness to her and it depends the tv com.would be fit to her

Quote:
That is sadly the risk you take with every TV show. The only TV projects that are guaranteed to have an ending are TV movies or HBO miniseries. I actually would love to see Liz in an HBO miniseries, but I have noticed that more and more movie actors seem to get cast in those, so I have no idea how hard it would be for Liz to score a part in one of these projects.
Ive noticed that too,more major award actors moved on of those cable shows network.If i noticed anyway that Liz would'nt try to get cast on cable miniseries!I have no idea either about this, probably self -esteem , considering herself one of a high profile that 4 major network and those cable miniseries not a huge attention of the masses..I dont know thats my opinion.

Quote:
I hope she didn't feel responsible for the way things went or the criticism the show received - the cast had no faults
yes,the cast wasn't the issue of criticism,it was the material
Old 04-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I would love her to join any tv commercial model at the moment just to ease our wishfulness to her and it depends the tv com.would be fit to her
I would have nothing against that. It's a nice way to make money, and Liz is so pretty - I think she would look glorious in a commercial for hair products or eye make-up, for instance. Or jewellery. But there are a lot of items and brands she could be a spokesperson for.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

'Berlin Noir' sounds like a very interesting series Fran. I can definitely see it getting lots of attention from critics. What's also good is that it would probably be produced by Tom Hanks. He produced 'The Pacific' for HBO and that miniseries was a huge success. I would like to see Liz on it if the project ever moves forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
And I do wonder how V affected Liz - I hope she didn't feel responsible for the way things went or the criticism the show received - the cast had no faults.
I'm sure it would be easier for Liz to get offered some interesting material if things had gone differently though, even if it still got cancelled but got on the radar of critics or/and fans more.
I sadly have to agree with you there. I think I may have underestimated the effect that a failed TV show can have on an actor's resume until I found out that Damien Lewis almost didn't get the Brody role on 'Homeland' because he was one of the leads on 'Life' and the show already got cancelled after 2 seasons. It's unfortunate, but many network executives tend to think twice about hiring certain actors to launch a new series after they have headlined a failed TV project and I think that's a bit unfair, especially in cases where the project was plagued by tons of creative problems.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the music video and the Berlin Noir ideas

I just read this:

Dexter - Season 7 and Season 8 - New Recurring Role (Spoilers)

It's a female character and her name is Hannah but it doesn't say anything about her age or ethnic background or whatever.

Liz is a Dexter fan, I'm sure she would love to join the show Maybe this role fits her (or maybe not ) But a girl can hope /desperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Spending years in the fandom means seeing tons of slash and crazy pairings that only exist in fanfic. To see incest written in canon will be a piece of cake.
Well, that's true. It's weird because I have no problem with the GoT incest

Quote:
I keep my fingers crossed for the fall. Would love to be surprised before then, but things look too "quiet" at the moment.
Yes
Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I also have to agree with you,Liz would have to realised shes not the only one failed tv show out there.There are many actors or multi award winners that their show got cancelled I have no idea what their real feelings are.

Quote:
I liked the music video and the Berlin Noir ideas
Hope I can watch it soon,love noir stories and Liz probably would be dexter series.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Elite Fan

I just read this:

Quote:
Please tell me you have info on Dexter! — James
NATALIE: Could Dexter be getting a new lady-love partner-in-crime? It has been a whole season since the vengeful Lumen left Dex, and we're hearing that we'll meet a new lady with a violent past this season — but we also hear she's actually expected to stick around for a while. She's now trying to live a quiet life... until she meets Dexter.

Source
Old 04-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

They're introducing a new love interest for Dexter? I hope that's an encouraging sign that the Dexter/Debra madness won't be going anywhere. Hm, I would like to see Liz on Dexter and I would absolutely love to see her working with Michael C. Hall, but I don't know how I would feel about them as an on-screen couple at the moment. He isn't exactly the tallest.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They're introducing a new love interest for Dexter? I hope that's an encouraging sign that the Dexter/Debra madness won't be going anywhere. Hm, I would like to see Liz on Dexter and I would absolutely love to see her working with Michael C. Hall, but I don't know how I would feel about them as an on-screen couple at the moment. He isn't exactly the tallest.
Is he short? Well, I don't care, at least Liz would be on something
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is he short? Well, I don't care, at least Liz would be on something
I think Michael is 5'10", so he and Liz would be very similar in height. They do have a tendency to cast blondes as Dexter's main love interests though, so Liz should be in it with a chance.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think Michael is 5'10", so he and Liz would be very similar in height.
Well, at least he is not shorter than her

Quote:
They do have a tendency to cast blondes as Dexter's main love interests though, so Liz would probably be in it with a chance.
That's good

It would be awesome if Liz got the role because she would be in the show for two seasons and she, you and Nanda like it so it must be good!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Dexter used to be a fantastic show, but Melissa Rosenberg left after season 4 and the series has been on a downhill slide ever since.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

Oh Is it still a decent show though? Or is it very bad now?