Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

"V" - Laid Bare (2x03) - Episode Discussion Thread

Episode Description

Erica learns her partner, Malik, is a Visitor and must fight for her life - literally - to stop Anna from finding out she's Fifth Column. Meanwhile, Anna learns that Malik is missing and orders Ryan to find her, while Lisa realizes her body is beginning to change, causing her to become more and more like her mother.

"Laid Bare" was written by Gwendolyn M. Parker and directed by David Barrett.

Full Press Release

Promos:

Promo clip 1 (00:30)
Promo clip 2 (00:30)

Sneak Peeks:

Clip 1: Erica, Malik, Hobbes, Ryan (00:47)
Clip 2: Erica and Malik (00:27)
Clip 3: Anna and Chad (01:03)
Clip 4: Anna and Diana (00:51)
Clip 5: Anna and Lisa (01:23)
Clip 6: Anna, Lisa and Joshua (01:27)

Promotional Photos:

You can check out all promo pics for this episode here and here.

Ratings:

Reviews:

____
Old 01-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!

I'm so excited
Old 01-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Woah, what an episode!! It started right away with action!!

So glad to see Erica being fine, she obviously had to, but still. Jack & Erica

And Malik... I was surprised she spilled the beans, but the story obivously needed it.

It was simply awful to see Lisa pressing that holographic button... the end with her and Erica hugging was
And Tyler needs to be in the loop -like Chad- or punched in the face... could he be any more stupid!!! Of course his DNA is weird looking and incomplete, but still, he is Erica's son, he should be more smart!

Joshua actually creating that soul-extracting machine broke my heart a bit... I need him to remember and get back to be a goodie!

And Ryan had to be bluffing...
Old 01-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

The torture scenes were incredibly hard to watch, but kudos to Rekha Sharma. She acted the heck out of the material she was given and her character got a memorable exit. It's just a shame that we are down to 4 female characters on the show now and I am currently not seeing where any new female characters are supposed to come from. I used to think that Ryan's daughter had potential but she's sadly only a prop for the Visitor characters at the moment and the Sarah thing obviously is no more. That's so disappointing for both the Hobbes and the Marcus characters. Here it looked like they were going to receive some cool character development this season and now they're both left without a storyline.

I continue to enjoy the Lisa character immensely and the Erica/Lisa interaction is a lot of fun to watch. I know they were implying that Lisa would become like Anna, but I don't think she will. At least not in the psychological sense. Lisa has developed human emotion and contrary to Anna, she's embracing it. I think that's where the difference between them comes in.

I loved the Erica/Malik fight scene. Erica is such a kickass character. Just bloody awesome. Tyler, on the other hand, is just incredibly naive and gullible. Anna is playing him big time and he's like pudding in her hands. It's only a matter of time until he officially chooses to support the Visitors in the war.

No offense to Joel Gretsch, but I thought the fight scene in the church was terribly acted by him. It looked so fake.

I have to say I really do not like the soul plot that the show is pursuing at the moment. Up until this season, the Visitors have been presented to us as this highly intelligent and technically advanced species, much smarter than humanity in fact, and here they are trying to find a physical part of the humans that equates to the soul. I don't know. It kinda makes it seem as if the writers are dumbing them down IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_r/hr (View Post)
And Ryan had to be bluffing...
I desperately hope so, but given the overall direction the show seems to be heading in, I sadly doubt it. It may be possible that Ryan's playing Anna for a while, but realistically, there are only 3 possible ways how the currently on-going blackmail storyline can be resolved and those are 1) the hybrid child gets saved 2) the hybrid child gets killed or 3) Ryan defects and unfortunately, I don't think option number 1 or 2 are in the cards right now. And if Ryan really does turn traitor, I am envisioning some utterly horrible repercussions for the overall story and the characters.