Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

"V" - Concordia (2x05) - Episode Discussion Thread

Episode Description

Anna uses her newest gift to mankind, "Concordia," as a cover to hide an invading fleet of breeding vessels that will be used to ensure the perpetuation of Visitors for future generations. Meanwhile, Eli Cohn (guest star Oded Fehr) tries to convince Erica and the Fifth Column that the "Concordia" gala is the perfect time to assassinate Anna.

"Concordia" was written by David Rambo and directed by Jesse Warn.

Full Press Release

Promos:

Promo clip 1 (00:34)
Promo clip 2 (00:30)

Sneak Peeks:

Clip 1: Anna and Marcus (01:03)
Clip 2: Eli and Ryan (00:46)
Clip 3: Erica, Ryan, Hobbes and Jack (01:10)
Clip 4: Tyler, Lisa, Anna, Erica and Joe (01:14)
Clip 5: Anna and Chad(00:53)

Promotional Photos:

You can check out all promo pics for this episode here.

Ratings:

Reviews:

____
Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread

I'm very excited for tonight's episode, it looks like it's gonna be a good one.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing Nicholas Lea (Joe) again.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Me too! It's been so long since he was on the show.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I'm looking forward to seeing Nicholas Lea (Joe) again.
He will always be Krycek(the X files) to me lol!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought this was a good episode. It's probably the first time I've actually felt some tension (during the sniper scene) while watching the show. Most of the time, I just sit back and enjoy the eye candy and accept the show for what it is, a popcorn show as EM is fond of describing it. I liked that they went ahead with an assassination attempt even though the target had changed - but, I don't like that Marcus didn't die. Although, I liked this character and thought there was some real potential for him, it is clear the show runners cut his storylines (most likely due to the episode cut by ABC which I think drastically altered what they can present this season) so killing him would have been a logical plot direction as well as highly dramatic. By not having him definitively dead, it took some of the edge off of what was a well-played scene.

Regardless, this was an entertaining episode and I thought EM did a great job. Despite the weakness of her material throughout V, she's hitting her stride in her portrayal of Erica and making the character much more interesting.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Now, I thought the episode was quite decent but my big issue with it is that obviously, Anna didn't die and Marcus probably won't die either, which reduces most of the episode to filler story and that's not good when you only have a 10-episode season to work with.

I loved the Erica/Joe scenes, but you can already tell that in light of their improving relationship, Joe is probably not long for this world. I also liked the Erica/Tyler scenes a lot. It looks like Erica has managed to reel Tyler back in, but I sadly doubt it will last.

But like I already mentioned after last week's episode, I find myself getting increasingly frustrated with the 'black and white' storytelling that the show is pursuing now. It was so incredibly obvious that Ryan would turn traitor and in light of him calling Anna 'my queen' at the end, he will totally be defecting for real and probably out Erica to her by the end of the season, which will leave us with an all human resistance group on the ground for all of season 3 and that prospect is totally boring to me. It also feels like the writers are setting the Ryan character up for slaughter down the road, which is just a horrible thing to do considering that they have already killed the hybrid baby's real mother off.

I also kinda felt that the writers retconned Tyler's importance because they suddenly told us that he's simply the one Lisa chose, but there are more altered kids like him out there.

ETA:

The ratings are out:

Quote:
V (61 minutes)
- 5.397 million viewers
- 3.3/5 HH
- 1.8/5 A18-49

http://travisyanan.blogspot.com/2011...t-ratings.html

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 02-17-2011 at 06:36 AM
Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't that fond of this episode until the end where more of the action lied, probably due to the slower pace and the totally predictable revelations.

I think I found the Erica/Joe/Tyler dynamic the most interesting, but like Alex stated - not any good foreshadowing for Joe. We know it's only a matter of time before Anna views this as a threat to her plans for Tyler and will probably most likely attempt to take Joe out of the equation to reel Tyler back into her grasp.

Also, Ryan's betrayal I found to be very convoluted and lacking any sympathy on my part whatsoever. I don't understand his motivation to push forward with an assassination attempt on Anna - only to back out at the end, sell them out, because of his daughter and the Bliss when he's known that his daughter depended on that all along? He shouldn't have gone along with the idea in the first place since he's been going along with Anna's blackmail because of Anna and the Bliss helping his daughter from the beginning.

And I agree about the retconning to Tyler's importance. It's starting to feel like everything is just being made up/changed as the show moves along - with no real continuity flow.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I think I found the Erica/Joe/Tyler dynamic the most interesting, but like Alex stated - not any good foreshadowing for Joe. We know it's only a matter of time before Anna views this as a threat to her plans for Tyler and will probably most likely attempt to take Joe out of the equation to reel Tyler back into her grasp.
Like I said I loved the Erica/Joe/Tyler scenes but I thought it was funny that Erica was allowed to go home and eat birthday cake with Tyler and Joe after the assassination attempt. Shouldn't there have been a huge media frenzy afterwards? Shouldn't we have seen Erica and Chris be debriefed by the FBI and holding press conferences?

Quote:
Also, Ryan's betrayal I found to be very convoluted and lacking any sympathy on my part whatsoever. I don't understand his motivation to push forward with an assassination attempt on Anna - only to back out at the end, sell them out, because of his daughter and the Bliss when he's known that his daughter depended on that all along? He shouldn't have gone along with the idea in the first place since he's been going along with Anna's blackmail because of Anna and the Bliss helping his daughter from the beginning.
I agree. That was horrible writing and the whole direction sadly makes the Ryan character look utterly terrible. What I don't get is why they felt this storyline was necessary after they had already given his character such a huge burden by writing the terrible Valerie pregnancy storyline for him last year. It honestly makes me sad when I think back to the show's beginning and find myself reminded of the promising arc that Ryan started out with (getting the Fifth Column back together), which was all ruined by the showrunner change.

And the whole direction for the Anna/hybrid baby storyline just bugs me. Last season, they had Anna acting all scared and panicked when she got word of this child's existence because it could be born with human emotion and that makes it a threat to the survival of the entire Visitor species. It makes absolutely no logical sense that Anna, the villain, would treat an immediate threat like this child as nicely as she has done so far IMO. Instead of Anna/hybrid baby bonding with the bliss we should be seeing Anna experimenting on her or abusing her. What makes this weird direction even worse for me is that the show continues to have Anna acting like evil incarnate in all the other areas of the story. At least if this more positive relationship between Anna and the baby would slowly start to make an impact on Anna's actions and we would get to see her be conflicted in her choices for humanity I could see a point to this even if it wouldn't make any storytelling sense. But this blended storytelling for the character doesn't work for me at all.

Quote:
And I agree about the retconning to Tyler's importance. It's starting to feel like everything is just being made up/changed as the show moves along - with no real continuity flow.
I sadly have to agree. To me, it feels like the writers just throw these big plot twists (e.g. Parker and his research) out there and then just forget about them immediately. And when they do decide to go back to earlier story points they alter/change them.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 02-12-2011 at 05:36 PM