Old 04-22-2017, 03:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the news.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, I just found this:

Quote:
Morris Chestnut's Alleged Son Airs Him Out For Abandoning Him

Morris Chestnut has been married since 1995 and boasts often about his two young children, Paige and Grant Chestnut. Could it be possible that Morris Chestnut fathered another child nearly 30 years ago and never acknowledges him?

Dante Lamont Chestnut claims to be the oldest son of Morris Lamont Chestnut. Dante, who would be around 27 years old, claims that Morris was a great father up until he became successful for his role as Ricky in the 1991 film, "Boyz N The Hood." According to Dante, that's when Morris let fame get to him and he started a new life with a new woman.

Dante vented to Facebook, "***** Ricky!!! @MorrisLamontChestnut!! ***** you blood, on swan when I got shot in my hip and back all this simple MF had to say was "who shot you?" B*tch ass n*gga been lying and disappointing me my whole life so you got to excuse me while I vent. This man was the only thing I knew from birth as my father growing up. I share my middle and last name with this man. His parents, brother and sister are my grandma and grandpa, aunt and uncle. All who I share a last name with. I lived with him and my mother all my life until after Boyz N The Hood came out."
Dante continues, "He took my mother to the premiere for Boyz N The Hood. Cuba Gooding Jr. used to come over to our 1 bedroom apartment in Northridge and watch the rough cut of the movie. Once he was "Ricky" and got his recognition, he stopped being my father! Started another life with a new wife and kids and I'm totally nonexistent. You know what it does mentally to grow up reaching out to your father and the only way you can see or hear your pops is in movies, TV, billboards, etc. In movies like "Like Mike" I was about 12 or 13, that was the last movie of his I seen in theaters because i that movie they needed a dad and he adopted them. It made me feel like damn, things like this don't even make him think about the actual lil n*gga that you named and partially raised? Made me tear up in the theater. It has taken a huge mental and emotional toll on my whole life. N*gga, I was in Oklahoma with you when Grams died, and at her funeral, and she loved me unconditionally. She would probably roll over in her grave if she seen what you've become. Even though you're a success and I'm one in the making, the difference is I'm a real ass n*gga at the end of the day. Realer than you will ever be because I can wake up and look in the mirror and know I'll never leave none of mine behind no matter the circumstances. So like I said, ***** Ricky!"

Source
I know one always has to be careful with things like this, but the story sounds way too detailed for it to be bullsht, IMO.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Wow!

Old 05-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

^ IMO, this story only serves to further underline the fakeness of the entertainment industry. I have always known that often times, actors and musicians are molded into certain roles and it's a common occurance to lie about one's age, height and weight but lately, I have also started to notice that a lot of entertainers have somehow managed to expunge their past marriage records from the internet/public records. For example, Arrow leading man Stephen Amell was married (and divorced) before, yet he's pretending that his current marriage is his first. As to why he and the others are doing it, I have no idea. Maybe to make themselves more marketable?

In other news, Lourdes is finally acting again and she has lined up a pretty nice gig:

Quote:
‘Major Crimes’ Adds Jessica Meraz & Lourdes Benedicto

Chasing Life alumna Jessica Meraz has been cast as a series regular and Lourdes Benedicto (V) will recur in the upcoming sixth season of TNT’s hit drama series Major Crimes from Warner Bros. TV. Meraz will play Det. Camila Paige, who’s still recovering financially from having to raise all five of her younger siblings after the death of her parents in a car accident almost fifteen years ago. A favorite of Chief Mason (Leonard Roberts), she made a name for herself inside Criminal Intelligence before her transfer to Missing Persons. She has a personal relationship with Lt. Provenza (G.W. Bailey) from before her time on the LAPD. Benedicto will recur as Sara Garza, the wife of a prominent surgeon, his office manager, and mother to their missing fifteen-year-old son who tries to maintain her sanity in the face of kidnapping, murder and her husband’s health problems. They join an ensemble cast that includes Mary McDonnell, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Phillip P. Keene and Raymond Cruz. Meraz played Natalie Ortiz on Freeform’s Chasing Life and also appeared on Baby Daddy. She’s repped by Innovative Artists and LINK Entertainment. Benedicto’s recent credits include Pure Genius and NCIS. She’s with AMT and manager Bob McGowan.

Source
I'm very happy for her as she was one of the first actors to get screwed over on V.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-22-2017 at 04:41 AM
Old 05-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the news!

Old 05-22-2017, 04:59 AM
Elite Fan

An update on Morena's divorce battle:

Quote:
Spousal Support Discount
JUDGE SHAVES $15K!

Morena Baccarin won big in court Thursday -- a judge greatly reduced the amount of spousal support she has to pay her ex, partly because her TV and movie gigs ain't a lock just yet.
Morena's lawyer, Samantha Spector, told a judge her client's income was truly up in the air, and she couldn't afford to keep paying Austin Chick $20k per month.
Spector pointed out Morena's TV show, "Gotham," hadn't been picked up yet for a 4th season -- and she's not a lock for "Deadpool 2" either. She also argued Austin could support himself with a j-o-b ... at Starbucks.
Morena's been fighting to get this discount, claiming Chick was sucking her finances dry instead of finding work. As of June 1, she'll only have to pay him $5k/month.
We got Morena leaving court with her "Gotham" co-star/BF, Ben McKenzie. They were both tight-lipped, but Morena's grin said a lot.

Source
Interesting that Morena hasn't been confirmed for Deadpool 2 yet. I also haven't heard any updates concerning her pilot at NBC. I am assuming that she will probably stay on Gotham now that the show has been renewed for a fourth season.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the news.

Old 05-27-2017, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

According to this article, Morena will be back for Deadpool 2. I'm also glad that her spousal support payments were reduced. Her ex should get a job and he shouldn't live off of her forever.

Can't say I'm pleased about Gotham getting renewed, although I expected it. Honestly, she is completely wasted on that show and deserves better. The female characters are also mistreated and terribly written. It's too bad ABC didn't pick up her Warriors pilot to series a few years back. It seemed interesting from the plot description and she would have been the main character. Now she's stuck on the crappy Gotham.

As for the NBC pilot, I think it's either completely scrapped or it's not happening until the next television season. Hoping for the latter.

Last edited by LightYears; 05-27-2017 at 03:16 AM
Old 05-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
According to this article, Morena will be back for Deadpool 2. I'm also glad that her spousal support payments were reduced. Her ex should get a job and he shouldn't live off of her forever.
That's good to hear.

Quote:
Can't say I'm pleased about Gotham getting renewed, although I expected it. Honestly, she is completely wasted on that show and deserves better. The female characters are also mistreated and terribly written. It's too bad ABC didn't pick up her Warriors pilot to series a few years back. It seemed interesting from the plot description and she would have been the main character. Now she's stuck on the crappy Gotham.

As for the NBC pilot, I think it's either completely scrapped or it's not happening until the next television season. Hoping for the latter.
I have never watched Gotham, but that's disappointing to say the least. Seriously, what is it with DC shows and their inability to deliver some well-written female characters that actually matter to the plot? What's Morena's role like? Is she just there to be a love interest?

Speaking of DC shows, I finished season 5 of Arrow a couple of days ago. Lexa did a wonderful job in all of her scenes and I don't think she has ever looked as beautiful as she did on this show, but Talia was sadly a huge flop. She was teased as a big recurring character, but only ended up appearing in 5 episodes and didn't do anything of note. In the season finale, she had a big confrontation with her sister Nyssa (without any buildup whatsoever, but that surprises nobody) and was defeated in less than 15 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I adore Nyssa and Katrina Law but the fact that Talia wasn't even a match for someone who had never won a fight before was absolutely ridiculous. Then again, the fact that Nyssa couldn't win a single fight on the show until that moment speaks volumes in and of itself.

Anyways, I can finally go back to not watching the show again (outside of the Nyssa/Katrina Law episodes), but I do feel a bit guilty about leaving Juliana Harkavy behind. Juliana plays Dinah Drake/BC version 3.0. She does a fine job with the role, but the writers are not giving her anything of substance (e.g. a storyline or character development) to work with and to make matters even worse, they continue to make these absurd (story) decisions (like bringing her predecessor back in a regular role) that simply make it impossible for Juliana's character to find acceptance within certain parts of the Arrow fandom. She has been handling the whole situation with so much dignity and class in all of her interviews and on her social media and that has really appealed to me. Hopefully, a more competent producer team takes note and snatches her up once she becomes available a year or two from now.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-27-2017 at 08:27 PM
Old 05-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

^I apologize, but I'm terrible at explaining things, so I'll just link you to a Tumblr post that basically sums up how I feel about her character. It's not very long and contains some spoilers.

https://robinsonramblings.tumblr.com...slie-thompkins

It seems like the Gotham writers only care to write female characters when they turn dark and evil, or when their scenes involve a male character, usually to further their characters's storylines or cause manpain. They just can't write good female characters at all. Like Arrow, it's sexist beyond belief. (In your words ) Seriously, it's a terribly written show and I hope season 4 is the last one. I definitely would not recommend it.

Praying that Morena gets a better show within the next few years.

Last edited by LightYears; 05-30-2017 at 03:27 PM
Old 05-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

I just took a look at all the new series pickups and Bret Harrison's comedy pilot at CBS was passed over. And while not a pilot, Fox has cancelled Morris' series Rosewood after 2 seasons. to them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
^I apologize, but I'm terrible at explaining things, so I'll just link you to a Tumblr post that basically sums up how I feel about her character. It's not very long and contains some spoilers.

https://robinsonramblings.tumblr.com...slie-thompkins

It seems like the Gotham writers only care to write female characters when they turn dark and evil, or when their scenes involve a male character, usually to further their characters's storylines or cause manpain. They just can't write good female characters at all. Like Arrow, it's sexist beyond belief. (In your words ) Seriously, it's a terribly written show and I hope season 4 is the last one. I definitely would not recommend it.

Praying that Morena gets a better show within the next few years.
Thanks for the link even if it confirmed my fears. So, by the looks of things Leslie could have been a very interesting character if the writers had stuck closer to the source material and focused on her role as stepmother to Bruce Wayne, but they chose to define her by her romance with Jim Gordan instead. It's my understanding that Morena was primarily cast to be a love interest, but that doesn't explain why they couldn't do both.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

I would say this is one lovely bit of news to close this thread on:

Quote:
Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie Are Married!

Seven months after getting engaged, PEOPLE has learned that the Gotham costars tied the knot on Friday — Baccarin’s 38th birthday — at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens in Brooklyn, New York.

To celebrate their nuptials, the couple, whose romance was revealed in September 2015 when they were spotted getting cozy at Emmys afterparties, was joined by family members and close friends for the small, intimate ceremony.

In March of last year, the duo welcomed their first child together: daughter Frances Laiz Setta Schenkkan, now 15 months.

The Deadpool actress, who is mom to 3-year-old son Julius with estranged husband Austin Chick, said of McKenzie’s support before the pair welcomed Frances, “Ben’s the sweetest… It’s very nice to work with your significant other, especially when you’re pregnant because you know you’ll get some extra TLC and get taken care of.”

“[Being a father] is something I’ve wanted for a long time,” McKenzie, 38, told PEOPLE at the Gotham premiere ahead of his daughter’s birth in 2016. “I’m excited about all of it, poop, diapers and everything!”

Source
Congrats to the happy couple!
Old 06-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the news. Congratulations to them.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top