Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2017, 01:02 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news!
Old 03-17-2017, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

In addition to her current run on Arrow, Lexa can also be seen in the upcoming E! series The Arrangement. Here's a short trailer:

I could certainly be wrong, but this pretty much looks like Tom Cruise's live story to me. It's been well-publicized that Scientology was trying to cast a wife for Tom Cruise a few years ago. Homeland actress Nazanin Boniadi eventually got the job, but she ended up in the dog house after she did something to piss off the head of Scientology, David Miscavige, and she was forced to scrub toilets with a toothbrush for like a month. Here's the full story.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:42 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news. Interesting story!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
Thanks for the news. Interesting story!
It really is, but then I find anything involving cults weirdly fascinating.

Michael has landed a recurring role in Netflix's upcoming series Disjointed:

Quote:
Michael Trucco Joins Netflix Pot Comedy as Kathy Bates' Rival

Some dope casting news out of Netflix: Battlestar Galactica alum Michael Trucco is joining the streamer’s pot-themed comedy series Disjointed in a recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The Chuck Lorre (The Big Bang Theory)/David Javerbaum (The Daily Show)-produced sitcom stars American Horror Story vet Kathy Bates as a lifelong advocate for legalization who’s finally living her dream as the owner of an L.A.–area cannabis dispensary.

Trucco, whose recent TV credits include guest stints on Grandfathered, Scandal and Code Black, will play Tae Kwon Doug, a vehement marijuana opposer and local martial arts instructor whose dojang is located next door to Bates’ shop, Ruth’s Alternative Caring.

Disjointed nabbed a straight-to-series order for 20 half-hour episodes bak in July,

Source
That's a pretty dope gig, indeed. Kathy Bates is an awesome actress.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:50 AM
MST Manager

I've seen some shows about cults. I want to shout "can't you see you are not being treated very well?"

Have you seen The Guyana Tragedy, the true story about Jim Jones? It is very good but traumatic.

Thanks for the news! I loved Katy Bates in Misery.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Have you seen The Guyana Tragedy, the true story about Jim Jones? It is very good but traumatic.
I had never heard of that film, but your post got me curious. I'll have to see if I can find a stream for it. BTW, if you are into culty things, you should check out Leah Remini's documentary series about Scientology. It's very informative.

Quote:
Thanks for the news! I loved Katy Bates in Misery.
She was absolutely magnificent in that movie. One of the most deserving Oscar wins ever, IMO!
Old 03-21-2017, 03:05 AM
MST Manager

I'll look out for the Leah Remini documentary.

I saw The Guyana Tragedy as a two-part tv movie. Powers Boothe won an Emmy for playing Jim Jones, he was amazing. It was a shame there was an actors' strike that year, he was one of the few actors to turn up to the Emmys.

Last edited by Sulieter; 03-21-2017 at 03:11 AM
Old 03-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Bret has been case in a CBS comedy pilot:

Quote:
‘Real Life’: Bret Harrison Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot From Hilary Winston

Former Reaper and The Loop star Bret Harrison has booked a series-regular role in Real Life, CBS’ half-hour hybrid comedy pilot written/executive produced by Bad Teacher creator Hilary Winston and executive produced by How I Met Your Mother creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas.

Written by Winston and directed by Pam Fryman, Real Life chronicles the relationship of Nora (Rebecca Rittenhouse) and Drew (to be cast), two twentysomethings who go from being co-workers on opposite coasts to working in the same office. Harrison will play Arnie, Drew’s friend and roommate from his business school days.

Harrison’s TV credits include lead roles in Fox’s Breaking In and The Loop and the CW’s Reaper. He most recently played Kenny in Netflix’s The Ranch and Gordo Cooper in ABC’s The Astronaut Wives Club. He’s repped by UTA and Principato-Young Entertainment.

Source
Old 03-31-2017, 02:45 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news!
Old 04-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

I thought it was about time for an Arrow update: Unfortunately, Lexa's role is turning out to be a big dud. It really is incredible, too because her character is involved in the 2 biggest plotlines of the season (training Oliver to become the Hood in the flashbacks and in cahoots with the Big Bad in the present) and yet, she can't seem to get any screentime at all. What's even worse is that she's totally acting circles around all the other female actors in the cast and considering that she's the only reason I am watching, I am essentially sitting through this horrific show for 2 scenes of awesomeness each week (and sometimes, I am not even getting that much!).
Old 04-02-2017, 01:54 AM
MST Manager

That's annoying.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's annoying.
It really is, but I probably should have seen it coming. This show treats female characters as afterthoughts. The crazy thing is, I didn't have any high expectations for Talia to begin with, but that she would essentially disappear from the flashback storyline after 3 episodes when she was specifically introduced to be Oliver's mentor is something even I didn't see coming at all.

And Julie, do you still remember how I told you that the show has switched out the Black Canary character 3 times already? Well, last week they announced that Katie Cassidy (she played BC v. 2.0) will come back as a series regular for season 6, so now I am basically just waiting for them to get rid of Black Canary v. 3.0 to replace her yet again. I used to think that no writing staff could ever outdo SR and the "V" remake in terms of sheer awfulness, but I think at this point, I have to hand Arrow the top spot. The show is so fcked up - makes me wonder what life must be like behind the scenes. Oh well, just 4 more episodes (I'll skip 5x20) and then I'll finally be done with this crap for good.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Hamburgo1001, thanks for the info about Arrow. All of that sounds completely off-putting to me and I won't be watching anytime soon.

Honestly, the only way to get me to watch Arrow is if Elizabeth Mitchell, Morena Baccarin or Laura Vandervoort makes a guest appearance on the show. I hope none of them will appear though.

Last edited by LightYears; 04-13-2017 at 09:42 PM
Old 04-13-2017, 03:16 PM
MST Manager

I think I remember, Alex. It will be a relief when you finish the show.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
Hamburgo1001, thanks for the info about Arrow. All of that sounds completely off-putting to me and I won't be watching anytime soon.

Honestly, the only way to get me to watch Arrow is if Elizabeth Mitchell, Morena Baccarin or Laura Vandervoort makes a guest appearance on the show. I hope none of them will appear though.
Luckily, I think we should be safe on that front. All DC shows on The CW are connected. I know Laura has appeared in a couple of Supergirl episodes, but she did play an alien-like character on that show. Therefore, it's highly unlikely that she will ever show up on Arrow. Morena has done some voice work on The Flash, but I don't think she ever appeared in the flesh and I'm not sure if she even works on that show anymore.

Hopefully, if one of them (Liz included!) ever appears on another superhero show, it will be on one of the Marvel ones. The Marvel shows are vastly superior to the CW series and from what I've seen, they also treat their female characters a million times better.

I have found this little featurette on Charles' character in The Magicians:

Syfy network has already renewed the show for a third season and Charles has also scored a role in an upcoming sci-fi movie:

Quote:
‘The Magicians’ Renewed by Syfy for Season 3

Syfy has renewed “The Magicians” for a third season.

The renewal comes ahead of the current second season’s scheduled April 19 finale. Airing Wednesday nights at 9 p.m. on Syfy, the series is averaging a 0.32 rating in the 18-49 demo and 810,000 viewers, according to Nielsen live-plus-same day numbers — up 9.4% in the demo and 4.5% in viewers from season one.

Based on the novels by Lev Grossman, “The Magicians” tells the story of Quentin Coldwater and his group of 20-something friends, who enter a world of most use their novice magic skills as they are thrust into a beautiful-but dangerous enchanted realm called Fillory. The series stars Jason Ralph, Stella Maeve, Olivia Taylor Dudley, Hale Appleman, Arjun Gupta, Summer Bishil, Rick Worthy, and Jade Tailor. It is produced by Universal Cable Productions and executive produced by John McNamara, Sera Gamble, Chris Fisher and Groundswell Productions’ Michael London and Janice Williams.

Source

Quote:
Temuera Morrison to Star in Australian Sci-Fi Film ‘Occupation’

Temuera Morrison (“Moana,” “Aquaman”) and Dan Ewing head the cast of “Occupation,” a sci-fi action film, to shoot in Australia from next month.

The story involves a group of small-town residents who must band together after a devastating ground invasion. The film is directed by Luke Sparke, who last year delivered “Red Billabong.”

Production is by SparkeFilms with “Red Billabong” producer Carly Imrie returning. International sales are handled by Clay Epstein’s Film Mode Entertainment.

“Sci-fi is an exciting genre and very popular. I’ve just done ‘The Osiris Child’ – another sci-film. So this genre seems to be where it’s currently at,” said Morrison, who also starred in “Star Wars” Episodes II and III.

Other cast include: Stephany Jacobsen (“Battlestar Galactica”), Rhiannon Fish (“The 100”), Charles Terrier (“Neighbours”), Bruce Spence (“Mad Max 2”), Felix Williamson (“The Great Gatsby,” “Underbelly”), Charles Mesure (“Desperate Housewives”), Zachary Garred (“General Hospital”), Izzy Stevens (“Puberty Blues”), Trystan Go (“The Family Law”), and Jacqueline McKenzie (“The 4400”).

Production begins in Gold Coast, Queensland, and Northern New South Wales on May 2

Source

Lexa's show The Arrangement has been picked up for another season as well:

Quote:
‘The Arrangement’ Renewed for Season 2 on E!

The E! original scripted series “The Arrangment” has been renewed for Season 2 that will consist of 10 one-hour episodes, the network announced on Thursday.

Described as a modern day Cinderella story with a complicated Hollywood twist, “The Arrangement” follows a young actress, Megan Morrison (Christine Evangelista), who auditions for the female lead in a summer blockbuster to star opposite the hottest male action stars, Kyle West (Josh Henderson). After Megan’s amazing audition leads to an incredible first date — and more — with Kyle, her Cinderella story takes an unexpected turn when she is presented with a contract that would change her life forever. The series also stars Lexa Doig and Michael Vartan.

“As E!’s second successful foray into scripted, we are thrilled to see the show resonate with viewers and gain momentum throughout the season,” said Adam Stotsky, president of E! Entertainment and Esquire Network. “Continuing to fuel our audience’s passion for pop culture and celebrity, ‘The Arrangement’ allows us to reveal a darker side of Hollywood that has never been seen before. Alongside our partners at Universal Cable Productions, we’re excited to watch this intriguingly unpredictable story continue to unfold in a second season.”

Season to-date, the series is averaging 1.3 million total viewers and 725,000 in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to Nielsen L3 data. It also ranks as the second biggest scripted cable drama launch with women 18-34 for 2017.

“’The Arrangement’ has won an audience by providing a guilty pleasure with a dash of topicality,” said Jeff Wachtel, president and chief content officer of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “Jonathan, Josh, Christine, Michael, Lexa and the rest of the team have created the perfect cocktail of fairytale love story with a dark twist!”

Produced by Universal Cable Productions, “The Arrangement” was written by Jonathan Abrahams, who serves as executive producer on the series. Jimmy Fox of Main Event Media, Layla Smith and Gregory Lipstone of All3Media America also serve as executive producers.

Source
Congrats to both of them on their recent successes.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-21-2017 at 04:45 PM