Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2016, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Morena and Ben are angaged:

Quote:
Gotham costars Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin are engaged

Congratulations are in order for Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin: the couple is engaged!

A source confirms to PEOPLE that the Gotham costars, whose romance was revealed in September 2015, are happily engaged and making plans to walk down the aisle.

The celebratory news comes eight months after the parents welcomed their first child together, daughter Frances Laiz, in March.

Just days before meeting the newborn, McKenzie, 38, told PEOPLE, “[Being a father] is something I’ve wanted for a long time,” and added, “I’m excited about all of it, poop, diapers and everything!”

The Deadpool actress, 37, who is mom to 3-year-old son Julius with estranged husband Austin Chick, said of McKenzie’s support before the pair welcomed their baby, “Ben’s the sweetest… It’s very nice to work with your significant other, especially when you’re pregnant because you know you’ll get some extra TLC and get taken care of.”

Congrats to the happy couple!

Source
Congrats and good luck to them both!
Old 01-29-2017, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Old 01-29-2017, 06:08 AM
MST Manager

Congratulations to the engaged couple.

Thanks for the casting news.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

^ That's some very intriguing casting news. The "Saw" franchise is very popular around the world and the movie should see a wide distribution in the US. Thanks for sharing, Judith.

I have found a couple of first look photos of Lexa in Arrow:

Quote:
She looks fantastic.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:16 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the pics!

She does look fantastic!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

I don't trust the Arrow writers as far as I can throw them, but from what I've heard Talia will be featured in both the present and the flashback storyline, so that sounds quite promising. I haven't watched the show in a year, but will check out a couple of episodes to see how Lexa's role is going to develop.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:39 PM
MST Manager

I haven't seen Arrow. I used to watch The Flash and really enjoyed it until I got confused and thought I had seen all of S2 but I think I just saw half of it. It doesn't help when the season takes a break half way through.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I haven't seen Arrow. I used to watch The Flash and really enjoyed it until I got confused and thought I had seen all of S2 but I think I just saw half of it. It doesn't help when the season takes a break half way through.
I have never watched The Flash aside from the odd crossover episode, but from what I've heard the writers keep recycling the same 5 storylines over and over again, so maybe you have seen it all after all.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:58 AM
MST Manager

Maybe.

I have seen a few Arrow characters when they did the crossovers which confused me a lot because I thought I was supposed to know who the characters were. I didn't know I was supposed have seen Arrow.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I have seen a few Arrow characters when they did the crossovers which confused me a lot because I thought I was supposed to know who the characters were. I didn't know I was supposed have seen Arrow.
I think that's actually done by design. They deliberately sprinkle important character moments into the various spin-off shows so that viewers feel the need to watch all of them in order to stay up-to-date with the whole Flarrowverse. That tactic worked like a charm for the better part of 2 years, but I think at this point many viewers have become disillusioned with the overall lackluster quality of the CW DC-verse as the ratings have declined all across the board.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:24 AM
MST Manager

Oh!

I didn't bother with Arrow because I don't watch a lot of those types of shows. The Flash was so good though because I loved the acting and writing.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

My name isn't Judith, but you're welcome. I've never revealed my name on or talked about my personal life. I actually prefer to remain mysterious.

I'm not really sure if I want to watch Arrow. The negative opinions/reviews have been holding me back and there's too many shows that I'm far more interested in watching instead.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:20 AM
MST Manager

I'm quite mysterious on here too. Julie from England is as far as I go.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, I watched the latest episode of Arrow to check out Talia's/Lexa's introduction in the story and I'm ashamed to admit it, but they got me! I'll be watching the rest of the season. I don't know what it is about Arrow, but while their main cast generally sucks, they tend to write these really compelling guest characters and Talia is just another example of that. Talia's incredibly smart, conniving, calm, collected and a total badass and Lexa plays her brilliantly. I had no idea that Lexa can pull off such a flawless British accent, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYears (View Post)
My name isn't Judith, but you're welcome. I've never revealed my name on or talked about my personal life. I actually prefer to remain mysterious.
Oops! I'm so sorry about this. We used to have a poster with the name Judith on here who used to post news items every once in a while, but she changed her username somewhere along the way. That's probably where the mix-up came from.

Quote:
I'm not really sure if I want to watch Arrow. The negative opinions/reviews have been holding me back and there's too many shows that I'm far more interested in watching instead.
Yeah, as a former and sadly now current Arrow watcher (damn you, Lexa!) I would advise you to stay as far away from the show as humanly possible. Arrow is a total mess. The plotting makes no sense, continuity and character development may as well not exist and the show is sexist beyond belief. The only female character the writers give a hoot about is the current love interest of the male hero - a role that has switched around several times over the course of the series. If you are lucky enough to get selected as the current flavour of the week, you will see an increase in screentime and even get your own supporting characters but if the romance is off the table, you're lucky if you get to utter 5 lines an episode. Female characters get killed off willy-nilly (they are currently on their third iteration of the Black Canary character) and no female character has ever been given a decent/heroic send-off. Instead, they always die as victims and to create angst for the more important male characters. And sadly, the entire Arrow fandom has become a reflection of the show itself. It's full of in-fighting between various factions and all female characters and the actresses behind them are getting bullied on the regular. It's a terrible experience all around.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 02-06-2017 at 06:13 PM
Old 02-19-2017, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Morena has landed another new project:

Quote:
Berlin: Morena Baccarin Joins 'Elliot the Littlest Reindeer' Voice Cast

Double Dutch International is shopping the animated Christmas underdog tale, which also features Josh Hutcherson and Samantha Bee, to buyers at the European Film Market.
Morena Baccarin has joined the voice cast of Elliot the Littlest Reindeer.

The former Homeland star will play Corkie, a intrepid journalist determined to get the scoop on Santa's North Pole tryouts in the animated Christmas underdog tale. Baccarin joins Josh Hutcherson, Samantha Bee, John Cleese, Martin Short and Jeff Dunham in the pic from Awesometown Entertainment, which is being shopped at the European Film Market in Berlin by Double Dutch International.

The film finds Santa Claus reindeer Blitzen announcing his retirement on Dec. 21, giving Elliot, a miniature horse, just three days during North Pole tryouts to fulfill his lifelong dream to earn a spot on the legendary Christmas sleigh ride. "I really enjoyed the story," said Baccarin, "the idea that with enough perseverance and team spirit you can change the expected and surpass the norm. And it's always a plus to be in something your kids can watch!"

Elliot is being produced by Lucas Lynette-Krech, and was written and is being directed by Jennifer Westcott. Executive producer credits are shared by Dan Krech, Victoria Westcott, Mike Sears, Michael Emerson and Moring.

Baccarin earned an Emmy nomination for her performance in Homeland, on which she starred for the drama's first three seasons. Her credits also include Gotham, Deadpool, Firefly and V.

Baccarin is repped by UTA and Seven Summits Pictures and Management.

Source

And sadly, she's also back in the news with her on-going divorce battle:

Quote:
MORENA BACCARIN
MY EX-HUBBY SUCKS MY 'DEADPOOL' $$$
... Help Me Out, Judge!

Morena Baccarin is fed up with sending huge checks to her ex-husband every month ... and she wants the court to cut her a break.
The "Gotham" and "Deadpool" actress says she's paid Austin Chick $340,088 in spousal support, another $100k from their community estate and $147,302 in "Deadpool" residuals. That's more than half a million dollars since June 2015.
According to the docs, Morena's been sending Chick more than $20k monthly as a temporary support deal until they hammer out a permanent agreement. She says that's screwing her over, because she'll likely end up paying way less when the case is finalized. She says she's also pissed he's made no effort to get a j-o-b of his own.
Her bottom line: this Chick's overpaid and underworked.
Morena wants the judge to allow her to stop making those fat temporary payments.

Source