Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Things have been really going up for Morris - really happy for him! He's so handsome and charming.
I haven't watched the Miss Marple episode with Charles yet, oops.

I think what I was bummed about the most when V got cancelled was seeing such a group of lovely people lose a work environment with such great camaraderie, and a steady job.

Welcome Amorith! Thanks for stopping by.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Guys, I just checked the Emmy nominations and Morena is nominated in the 'Best Supporting Actress' category.

Huge congrats to her!

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-08-2013 at 09:16 AM Reason: Replaced picture with a better looking version
Old 07-21-2013, 02:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Congratulations to Morena. I don't watch Homeland, but she was great on V.

And I'm very happy for Emilia too. I really love Daenerys.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

Morris has been on fire lately. He has now signed a development deal with BET and will get his own show at the network:

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE- Morris Chestnut Lands Development Deal & New Show At BET!

According to our sources, BET is moving into unprecedented territory with several new and upcoming shows with several key actors who are known in the African American community as icons; and it seems that the first one up is actor Morris Chestnut!

We hear that Chestnut, who recently completed roles in Kick Ass 2 and Best Man Holiday, just closed a development deal with the network! It includes a starring vehicle for a show which he will star AND develop while also developing other upcoming projects with the network.

This is not new territory for Chestnut as he recently was one of the producers on the hit film Takers (which starred Idris Elba and Michael Ealy) and he also Executive Produced the film Not Easily Broken which he also starred with Taraji P Henson.

No word yet on what the shows are in development or the other projects, but stay tuned as this story is developing!

Source
Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

Morena is featured on the cover of Spirit & Flesh Magazine:

Those are some very stunning pictures.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Also posting some of the recently released BTS pics here:

Quote:

My feelings on the show are what they are, but I really do miss this cast. They were such an adorable group of people.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Morena is the new face of Hearts On Fire jewelry:

Quote:
Branded: 'Homeland's' Morena Baccarin Fronts Hearts On Fire Diamond Campaign (Exclusive)

The Emmy-nominated actress is the fine diamond company's first-ever celebrity face.

Morena Baccarin is making her mark as a model for the new Hearts On Fire Diamonds campaign, the Boston-based jeweler's first celebrity print ad.

The fine diamond brand announced exclusively to The Hollywood Reporter on Monday that the ads would feature the Homeland actress wearing pieces by company designer Ilaria Lanzoni and will appear in the September issues of Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire and Town and Country.

Talks involving the collaboration began earlier this year, Caryl Capeci, vp marketing, told The Hollywood Reporter via e-mail. "We met Morena back in January at a Women in Television event in L.A. and conversations led to this partnership. With her being nominated for a supporting Emmy on Homeland, the timing is great."

"We have always admired Morena for her incredible talent, global appeal and natural beauty but found she also embodies so much of the Hearts On Fire DNA -- authenticity and passion, coupled with a great sense of self and a timeless, sophisticated approach to style," Capeci added.

Said Baccarin in a statement: "I had the opportunity to wear Hearts On Fire jewelry on the red carpet and just loved the way their diamonds made me look and feel. The quality and sparkle of Hearts On Fire diamonds is truly unmatched, and I am really excited to represent the brand.”

Baccarin is nominated for an Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Emmy this year for her work on Homeland.

We're expecting her to dazzle in diamonds as she walks down the red carpet on Sept. 22.

Source
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that Hugh Jackman doesn't want to do any more Wolverine movies. If the studio is looking for a replacement, I think Charles would be a good option. He looks like he could be Hugh's brother. In fact, I would venture to say if they would replace Hugh with Charles without making an announcement, many people probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Unfortunately, Kick-ass 2 had an underwhelming opening weekend at the box office. It only came in fifth:

Quote:
Weekend Report: 'Kick-Ass' Gets Butt Kicked by 'Butler'

Thanks to its strong appeal among neglected adult audiences, Lee Daniels' The Butler easily took first place at the box office this weekend. Meanwhile, Kick-Ass 2 opened well below its predecessor, while Jobs and Paranoia both bombed.

The Top 12 earned $121.4 million, which is off five percent from the same weekend last year when The Expendables 2 ruled the box office.

Elysium narrowly took third place ahead of Planes and Kick-Ass 2. The Matt Damon sci-fi flick fell 54 percent to $13.7 million, and through 10 days has earned $56 million. It currently trails District 9 by around $17 million, and officially has no chance of reaching $100 million.

2010's Kick-Ass may have built a following on home video, but that didn't translate in to stronger attendance for the sequel. To the contrary, Kick-Ass 2 only opened to $13.3 million, which is way below the first movie's $19.8 million debut. It's also only a bit ahead of fellow Universal Pictures comic book adaptation R.I.P.D., which bombed earlier this Summer with $12.7 million.

The first Kick-Ass has been portrayed as a cult hit that wasn't fully appreciated during its theatrical run, though in reality Lionsgate did a great job getting the message out about it back in 2010. The movie looked fresh and fun, and did well-enough for a superhero comedy (a genre with a poor track record). By nature of being a sequel, Kick-Ass 2 lost many of the first movie's advantages, and on top of that the marketing did almost nothing to differentiate it. As a result, Kick-Ass 2 had a steeper drop in attendance than recent sequels like Red 2 and The Expendables 2.

Kick-Ass 2's audience was 63 percent male and 58 percent under the age of 25. They awarded the movie a "B+" CinemaScore, which doesn't really give a good indication on word-of-mouth. Regardless, the first movie did have good word-of-mouth, but still plummeted coming off opening weekend; if the same thing happens for Kick-Ass 2, its final total will be just over $30 million.

Source
I don't know how the first film did in my country, but I saw the opening figures for Kick-ass 2 in the newspaper today: 52,000 people watched the movie in it's first week of release, which is disappointing to say the least. I think the movie will probably break even when all is said and done, but there probably won't be a third one with these kind of numbers.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Charles as Wolverine? I totally approve. I really like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine too.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
Charles as Wolverine? I totally approve. I really like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine too.
I like Hugh as Wolverine too. I do wish he would lay off on the steroids/HGH though. He's looking really over-the-top now.

Morena graces the cover of the September issue of Los Angeles Confidential Magazine:

Quote:
Morena Baccarin Heats Up Homeland

I recently went to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, and it was fun to see the real celebrities of the world—the people who really matter, versus the actors,” says Homeland actress Morena Baccarin. But she was taken aback to discover just how deeply her provocative Showtime series really matters to DC’s power elite. “Apparently, in his Monday-morning security meetings, Vice President Biden will talk about the show, how realistic it is, how much fun it was to watch. And I was floored by that—here are the leaders of our nation talking about our show!”

Of course, it’s not all that surprising that Homeland (this season nominated for 11 Emmy Awards) is a big hit with the Beltway crowd, given that the critical darling’s tense, gritty war-on-terror storylines percolate with real-world anxieties, twists that surprise yet feel torn from the headlines, and characters that feel startlingly relatable, even fragile, despite their extraordinary surroundings.

And while Baccarin’s costars, Claire Danes—playing an obsessive, bipolar intelligence officer with boundary issues—and Damian Lewis—the presumed-dead Marine POW-turned-political rising star who’s been “reconditioned” as a terrorist sleeper agent—get the lion’s share of intrigue, her character, Jessica Brody, is easily the audience’s most accessible touchstone: a quietly strong woman holding her family together until her husband [Lewis] unexpectedly returns as an alienated, brooding stranger who, over two nailbiting seasons, becomes romantically entangled with Danes’s dogged CIA agent, murders the vice president (the show’s fictional VP, not Biden), and goes on the run once his divided loyalties are made public. Left to face the harsh, white-hot media spotlight, how will Jessica cope with the fallout? “I think she’s just screwed, no matter what!” laughs Baccarin, who earlier this summer received her first Emmy nomination for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. “The father of her children is now the most-wanted man in the world!”

Despite the onscreen drama and Emmy nod, Baccarin’s experiencing a more serene moment in time in her personal life. Enjoying a one-episode respite early in the show’s third season, she’s back from shooting in Charlotte, North Carolina, and ensconced in her Silver Lake home for 10 days of welcome reconnecting with her husband of two years, filmmaker Austin Chick. The time together comes at an especially precious time in the couple’s life: They’re expecting their first child.

“I am not going to be pregnant on the show,” the 34-year-old actress—several months along and still deceptively svelte—points out, scuttling any juicy speculation that Jessica might be carrying (Nicholas) Brody’s child, or that of his best friend/her renewed lover, Mike Faber (played by Diego Klattenhoff). In fact, Baccarin had been given the impression that she might not be as front and center in season three as she’d been previously, “so I thought, ‘Well, this is a good time...’ Cut to [Executive Producer Alex Gansa] calling me saying, ‘By the way, we found a way to put Jessica into the story!’ ‘Oh God.’” Only about eight weeks along at that point, she spilled her secret and was thrilled when the producers didn’t balk at accommodating her—they made similar efforts during Danes’s pregnancy the previous season. “I can’t express how nice it is to be in a work environment where you are nurtured as a pregnant woman,” she says. “Everybody’s allowed me to have my space, do the work I need to do, but at the same time, they’re really taking care of me. And I’m sure I’m making a lot of people’s jobs harder, but nobody’s made me feel that way.”

If the producers were especially eager to hold on to both Baccarin and Jessica, it’s perhaps because they had such a hard time finding the right person to play the role. Another actress had initially been cast for the pilot, but “what we needed was somebody with a little bit more confidence, a little bit more sexuality, and a little bit more strength,” Gansa recalls. “We looked and looked, and we literally got down to the 11th hour and had not found anybody. It was kind of a terrifying time,” admits Gansa.

“Then, about three days before we were scheduled to reshoot all those scenes with Jessica, Morena came in the door and gave just a knockout audition,” he says. “There was something about her that was just so compelling, so we hired her, and she had a very difficult job: She had to come into a show that we’d already done and she had to fit in with a group, and she did it in just the most professional and joyful and confident way.”

“It was a very fortuitous time,” admits Baccarin, then just coming off two abbreviated seasons on ABC’s reboot series V, playing the outwardly charming and beautiful but inwardly cold and literally reptilian alien conqueror Anna—her second effective stint in sci-fi, having made her TV debut as the space-faring “comfort woman” Inara in Joss Whedon’s short-lived but beloved Firefly. “It was not a genre that I gravitated toward or tried to work in—it just happened by default, and to be honest, I didn’t get it at first,” she confesses, “and then the more I worked on it, I was like, ‘Wow, this is so imaginative, but at the same time dealing with real issues without beating it over the head.’”

Conversely, Homeland offered the kind of character she innately understood, and she jumped at the opportunity. “I just happened to have qualities that I infused this character with that they really responded to. They didn’t want her to be the victim—[Nicholas] Brody is the one you should sympathize with when he first returns—and that really stuck with me. She had to be stronger than him in many ways, and she couldn’t allow her emotions to get the best of her. I really grasped and held on to that, and every choice I made came from that position of strength.”

Gansa credits Baccarin’s interpretation as inspiring the writing team to plumb deeper emotional depths of the Brody family than they initially foresaw, and he savors a scene when Jessica admits to Brody that she was completely ill-equipped to handle their extreme circumstances.

“Morena just found that perfect sweet spot to play that tremendously,” says Gansa. “You empathize with her because she’s dealing with a situation that’s beyond her abilities.”

“Morena is an exceptionally grounded actor,” concurs Danes. “Her beauty is irrefutable, but it’s not something that she bothers to play into or against. She’s interested in understanding what’s essential to a scene and how best to enliven it.”

“She is very brave with her choices,” agrees her TV husband Lewis. “She never shies away from the more difficult emotional scenes.”

In fact, after playing a cold-hearted alien overlord, Baccarin embraced the emotional hurdles that the story threw in Jessica’s path—to a point. “It was just really cathartic and really nice to allow myself to go to those places,” she says. “And then it takes its toll. By the time the season is over, I can’t cry any more. Like, I just want to sit and watch comedies.”

Frequent nude scenes, with so much of the Brodys’ personal dramas playing out between bedroom sheets, were daunting. “I had my boundaries, and I had to have a conversation with myself about where I wanted to be true to the material and also to myself,” she admits. “There were things that I wouldn’t do and certain levels of nudity that I was not comfortable with, and I was really blunt with them about it. But the emotional vulnerability I thought was really important for this character to show, because she’s so strong in those vulnerable moments, like when Brody can’t be intimate with her, and it’s really devastating. I felt the nudity was appropriate, and it told a very sad story that I felt was necessary to understand the character.” Were there other, more camera-ready concerns? “Yes, I haven’t had a cheeseburger in… No, I’m kidding. I eat cheeseburgers all the time!”

That disregard for vanity likely springs from an acting education at Juilliard, as well as simple genetics: the daughter of Brazilian actress Vera Setta—whose family tradition in entertainment put “acting in her blood”—and news editor Fernando Baccarin—providing her an intellectual instinct to “dissect things and explore psychology.” Reared in Rio until first relocating to Queens, New York, at 7, then back to Brazil, then to Greenwich Village when she was 10, she suspects that her early outsider-ness also led her to where she is today.

“Being different is something that eventually helps you and singles you out,” she says. “I remember seeing a squirrel for the first time in school and not knowing how to say it in English, saying it in Portuguese, and everybody kind of looking at me really strangely. It rocks your world. Moving countries is a huge, traumatic experience, but at the same time it made me really adaptable and really fearless.” Despite her own expectations, she quickly surrendered to the allure of a life in the arts. “I thought I was going to be so different from my parents; I was going to be a scientist. And the minute I took my first acting class in high school I was like, ‘This is clearly what I’m going to do with my life.’”

As she entered the ever-hungry, ever-struggling actor workforce, Baccarin discovered her rigorous classical training was often at odds with her now much-extolled-upon beauty. “In the beginning, it was a hindrance,” she concedes. “I don’t look like a typical girl next door. It took Hollywood a little while to catch up to the times and how small the world is getting. I would really only go in for Latino roles in the beginning of my career, which was also something I didn’t really book because it’s not my forte. I was kind of caught in the middle, so it took a little while.” At first the slow start placed “a chip on my shoulder,” she admits, but “I’m grateful for my journey. I don’t run the risk of taking anything for granted.”

Indeed, Baccarin’s basking in her moment—and her maternal, nurturing side. She’s what Gansa calls “den mother” to the cast, who all reside in the same building in Charlotte, a sentiment Lewis seconds: “She looks after us useless boys,” he says. “She’s our Brazilian mama.” Danes concurs: “One of the great gifts of this show has been my friendship with Morena,” she says. “She will text me in the middle of the night to remind me to put my dishwasher on, so the dishes will be clean in the morning!” An avid amateur chef, Baccarin crafts a Brazilian seafood stew that Mandy Patinkin adores (“It’s his favorite thing I’ve ever made for him,” she says proudly); girl-bonds with Danes (“She’s my saving grace over there—it’s all mostly boys,” she sighs. “We do a lot of cooking and shopping for antiques”); and accepts a pleasant geographic perk of pregnancy. (“In Charlotte, they have this awesome parking space at the supermarket for expectant mothers,” she enthuses.)

And then there’s that juicy role on one of the biggest avoid-social-media-so-as-not-to-spoil-the-surprises shows of the moment. “You pinch yourself for a long time,” she says about the show’s success. “Every time our season comes out, I kind of feel like, ‘Okay–this is the one that everybody’s going to hate. This is where we go to, like, being the show that everybody doesn’t like…’ And then it doesn’t seem to happen.”

Source
Old 09-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Michael attended the 'Riddick' movie premiere in Westwood, California on August 28:

He's looking great. Tricia too, by the way.

And he has booked a guest role on Josh Holloway's new show 'Intelligence':

Quote:

Friends or foes? You'll have to tune into #INTELLIGENCE to find out. #JoshHolloway #CBS

Source: Michael's official Twitter account
I'm already looking forward to this.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Dimples gets me every time.

Can we not ask for a guest role for Liz on that show?
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

First of, some pictures of Morena from yesterday's Homeland season 3 premiere event in Washington DC:

Quote:
Then I have found a clip, a poster and 2 loglines for Logan's upcoming film 'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place':

Quote:
Quote:
Three Texas teens hope to make a break for it and escape their dead-end existence in a cotton-mill town but get sucked into the seedy underbelly of organized crime when one of them steals from the wrong man.
Quote:
With only a few weeks left until his two best friends leave for college, Billy Joe (Logan Huffman) robs his cotton farmer boss, Giff (Mark Pellegrino), in order to pay for one last blow out weekend in Corpus Christi, Texas. Upon returning, the teens are confronted by the unfortunate and brutal consequences of stealing from his boss. Now Billy Joe, Sue (Mackenzie Davis) and Bobby (Jeremy Allen White) must embark on a dangerous journey that will test their trust and friendship and take them across the line from carefree adolescence into the harsh reality of adulthood.

Source 1, Source 2
I checked Logan's IMDB profile page a couple of days ago and saw that he has recently completed a project called 'Dementia's Doorway'. According to IMDB, he didn't only star in it, but he also wrote and produced it, which I find great. I like it when actors move beyond the acting itself.

And Logan's movie 'Refuge' has finally found a distributor after 2 and a half years:

Quote:
Krysten Ritter Drama ‘Refuge’ Acquired by Strand Releasing

Caliber Media produced Jessica Goldberg's directorial debut, which also stars Brian Geraghty

Strand Releasing has acquired all U.S. rights to writer-director Jessica Goldberg’s directorial debut "Refuge," which stars Krysten Ritter ("Breaking Bad") and Brian Geraghty ("The Hurt Locker"), the indie distributor announced on Tuesday.

Goldberg adapted her own play for producers Jack Heller and Dallas Sonnier of Caliber Media. Gary Cogill and Richard Toussaint executive produced the drama for Lascaux Films.

"Refuge," which premiered at the Hamptons Film Festival, is described as a tragic-comic portrait of lost souls in small-town America.

Ritter stars as Amy, a young woman who has been raising her brother (Logan Huffman) and sister (Madeleine Martin) since their parents skipped town. The status quo is disrupted when Amy picks up a handsome drifter (Geraghty) in a bar, which changes the family dynamic when he decides to stay in town and become involved in their lives.

“She’s a girl with really no hope and no future. It was pretty heavy. For me it was a great opportunity to sort of get down and dirty and back to the basics. It wasn’t about anything but the work," Ritter said of her character.

“Jessica and we are great admirers of Strand Releasing through their hard work on sophisticated movies like 'Girlfriend,' 'Tyrannosaur' and 'California Solo.' It is a big win for us as filmmakers to find a distributor like Strand that loves your movie and fights for it to reach the proper audiences," Sonnier and Heller said in a joint statement.

Deal was negotiated by Jon Gerrans of Strand Releasing and Kevin Iwashina of Preferred Content.

“We’re glad to find a good home for such a delicate coming-of-age story from Ms. Goldberg,” added Iwashina.

Source
Old 09-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Some recent pictures of Logan from Toronto International Film Festival: