Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Thanks! Too bad there was so little of her. But better than nothing.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

A nice little review of Liz's performance in OUAT:

Quote:
It’s not easy to invest a lot of emotion in the sisters’ plight, but thankfully we get Elizabeth Mitchell as the Snow Queen (more of a throwback to the Hans Christian Andersen original story as opposed to the Disney version). Mitchell is excellent as the crafty villain and her back-story, as seen in episodes like “The Snow Queen,” provides a season highlight.

Source
Old 08-31-2015, 06:18 AM
MST Manager

Thanks Alex!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

I have the sale figures for OUAT's season 4 DVD and Blu-Ray boxset if anyone is interested.

First, the numbers for the DVD boxset.

Week ending August 23, 2015:

Week ending August 30, 2015:

And now the Bluy-Ray figures for the week ending August 23, 2015:

Unfortunately, OUAT didn't make the Bluy-Ray chart the following week, but thanks to the combined DVD & Bluy-Ray sales chart, I was able to calculate that they sold 2947 Blu-Ray boxsets in week 2.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the numbers, and for bringing over that comment!

The new season of OUAT has already started and I have yet to see Liz's episodes in the previous one.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
The new season of OUAT has already started and I have yet to see Liz's episodes in the previous one.
I'm guilty of the same indiscretion. I have tried to watch the show when it was at it's creative peak and it simply wasn't for me. I can't imagine that it would be any different now that the series has allegedly fallen off in terms of quality. I'm happy that many fans enjoyed Liz's performance on it, though.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel you. I found it refreshing in the very first few episodes of S1, but things got too campy (I mean bad campy - because when you have a family show based on fairytales campy is included by default) and inconsistent way too soon.
I skipped a bunch of episodes, then out of curiousity watched the season 1 finale and it was so bad I couldn't believe I had considered catching up before then.

But I've watched a lot of episodes and movies I didn't like for one reason or the other, so I feel a bit guilty over letting so much time passing without checking Liz's work in it.

But yay for Elizabeth getting some more/new fan love.
If she wants mega exposure she should book a guest role on The Big Bang Theory or Scandal next.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I feel you. I found it refreshing in the very first few episodes of S1, but things got too campy (I mean bad campy - because when you have a family show based on fairytales campy is included by default) and inconsistent way too soon.
I skipped a bunch of episodes, then out of curiousity watched the season 1 finale and it was so bad I couldn't believe I had considered catching up before then.

But I've watched a lot of episodes and movies I didn't like for one reason or the other, so I feel a bit guilty over letting so much time passing without checking Liz's work in it.
I felt exactly the same way. I thought the pilot was great and the second episode was still solid, but by episodes 3 and 4 the show had already started to lose it's luster for me. Some of the spoilers that were floating around at the time (e.g. Jamie Dornan's character getting killed off) didn't exactly make me want to stick around, either.

I remember that I initially wanted to give OUAT another chance after I saw some clips of Captain Hook, but never did. I think at this point nothing could make me want to watch another episode of this show, so this really isn't a knock on Liz or anybody else.

Quote:
But yay for Elizabeth getting some more/new fan love.
If she wants mega exposure she should book a guest role on The Big Bang Theory or Scandal next.
A guest spot on TBBT would certainly give her a ton of exposure. So would a guest appearance on Empire, but the likelihood for that to happen is probably slim to none.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:57 AM
MST Manager

I didn't even get as far as Emilie de Ravin. I saw some episodes in season one which I enjoyed a lot but I felt the season was too long for the storyline so I gave up.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I didn't even get as far as Emilie de Ravin. I saw some episodes in season one which I enjoyed a lot but I felt the season was too long for the storyline so I gave up.
Me neither. And I agree about the storyline. I think OUAT is in it's fifth season now. On one hand, I wonder what the show's even about at this point, but on the other hand, I'm not sure if I really want to know because the answer to that question is probably absolutely insane.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did watch the first episode Emilie starred in, and I thought it was a good one. The writers did a nice job in introducing her and her bond with Rumpelstiltskin, but of course they ruined it/them super fast, lol. And from what little I've read around, even though they made her a regular, Emilie/Belle doesn't get to do much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I felt exactly the same way. I thought the pilot was great and the second episode was still solid, but by episodes 3 and 4 the show had already started to lose it's luster for me. Some of the spoilers that were floating around at the time (e.g. Jamie Dornan's character getting killed off) didn't exactly make me want to stick around, either.

I remember that I initially wanted to give OUAT another chance after I saw some clips of Captain Hook, but never did. I think at this point nothing could make me want to watch another episode of this show, so this really isn't a knock on Liz or anybody else.
The best part about the death of Jamie Dornan's character is that it had no consequence, really. But I bet that could apply to a lot of plot points and storylines in the whole series.
Quote:
A guest spot on TBBT would certainly give her a ton of exposure. So would a guest appearance on Empire, but the likelihood for that to happen is probably slim to none.
Agreed about unlikely that last thing would be, but you're right on Empire being the hottest tv topic out there right now. I've never even watched an episode of the series yet, though - no idea if all the buzz is justified.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I did watch the first episode Emilie starred in, and I thought it was a good one. The writers did a nice job in introducing her and her bond with Rumpelstiltskin, but of course they ruined it/them super fast, lol. And from what little I've read around, even though they made her a regular, Emilie/Belle doesn't get to do much.
I've heard the same thing. She allegedly receives very little screentime and while I have little to no faith in the OUAT showrunners due to their history, I do wonder if Emily's real-life issues could be a reason for that. If her character wasn't part of one of the show's most popular ships, they probably would have cut her lose a long time ago like they did Meghan Ory.

Quote:
The best part about the death of Jamie Dornan's character is that it had no consequence, really. But I bet that could apply to a lot of plot points and storylines in the whole series.
I'm not surprised to hear that. I still remember how the writers had to force an inta-romance between Jamie's character and Emma in his final episode on the show because they had failed to flesh him out or develop any meaningful connections for him. Total writing fail all around, IMO.

Quote:
Agreed about unlikely that last thing would be, but you're right on Empire being the hottest tv topic out there right now. I've never even watched an episode of the series yet, though - no idea if all the buzz is justified.
You and me both, Fran. Empire is at the top of my watchlist. I really need to find out if it's as good as the ratings say it is.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:10 AM
MST Manager

Talking of Emilie. She has announced on Twitter that she is pregnant.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I've heard the same thing. She allegedly receives very little screentime and while I have little to no faith in the OUAT showrunners due to their history, I do wonder if Emily's real-life issues could be a reason for that. If her character wasn't part of one of the show's most popular ships, they probably would have cut her lose a long time ago like they did Meghan Ory.
Emilie's rl issues...?
But I agree - I think she's still there because of the romantic storyline and little else. I think a while ago they even broke Belle and Rumple up and instead of developing her more as a single character, the writers just had her date some rebound guy for a little bit on the sidelines, while they worked on having Rumple earn her attention again.
Wasted potential on both the romance - because Skin Deep, the episode that introduced the pairing, was really great, but a rare exception, not the standard of the writing for them - and Belle, because she is one of the most beloved Disney princesses.
Quote:
I'm not surprised to hear that. I still remember how the writers had to force an inta-romance between Jamie's character and Emma in his final episode on the show because they had failed to flesh him out or develop any meaningful connections for him. Total writing fail all around, IMO.
And did their ever touch again on the fact that Regina basically used him as a sexual slave? Of course not.
BTW, I've forgotten - did the actor wanted out of the show, or they simply got rid of the character because they didn't know what to do with him?
Quote:
You and me both, Fran. Empire is at the top of my watchlist. I really need to find out if it's as good as the ratings say it is.
I'll let you know what I think if I ever decided to check it out.
My list of shows to watch is so long that I don't know when that might happen, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
Talking of Emilie. She has announced on Twitter that she is pregnant.
WAT. Completely missed that.
Congratulations to her and her boyfriend/the father of the baby!
Old 10-04-2015, 06:53 AM
MST Manager

Here is the actual tweet.