Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Aww, the early days. Back when they would've happily killed each other. If there is one pairing in Lost that started from the worst place possible and made its way to the extreme opposite, it's theirs. It was not intended from the start but I quite like how it ended up, from enemies to lovers.

Thanks for the gifs!
well they didn't see it back then but they actually had a lot in common, they were both the 'enemies' of the group. Sawyer wasn't exactly the favourite of the group and Juliet was the enemy just because she was an 'other'.

I think because they came so far as a couple from being enemies it made it better. Sawyer really grew as a person and part of that was due to Juliet's influence
Old 11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
well they didn't see it back then but they actually had a lot in common, they were both the 'enemies' of the group. Sawyer wasn't exactly the favourite of the group and Juliet was the enemy just because she was an 'other'.
That is true. They definitely had things in common, even though their backgrounds were so far away from each other's. They were both good liars, they knew how to guard themselves and a create a persona to distance themselves from what they were doing, they knew how to hit others where it hurt. And both of hem never felt good enough to deserve certain things. Sawyer never really had a family and Juliet had lost hers - their luck was to meet at the perfect time (time-traveling aside, lol).
Quote:
I think because they came so far as a couple from being enemies it made it better. Sawyer really grew as a person and part of that was due to Juliet's influence
I think what they really did for each other, I mean not the only thing but perhaps the thing that "healed" them both the most, is trusting the other person. They took a leap of faith. As I said above they met at the right time - both had taken a lot of steps on the island on their own, and they gave each other the chance to be simply themselves without any of the games or calculations they had experienced before.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Extreme Fan

One moment that shows they have some similarities is when they're going back to the beach together in season 3. Not only they joke with each other, but also when Sawyer asks her why she's going back and Juliet answers 'Karma' and Sawyer just looks at her weirdly and stays quiet because he's going back for the same reason.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a great scene, and it shows how well Juliet can read him, even back then when she couldn't care less about him.

Some gifs I made the other way while Ross and I were having some S/J feels on tumblr:

Old 11-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Some gifs I made the other way while Ross and I were having some S/J feels on tumblr

BuddyTv didn't put Sawyer and Juliet in the list of the 50 most beautiful love stories I mean they threw in there those from The Vampire Diaries!!
And from LOST there were Jate, Pb&J and Sun/Jin. I mean not even Desmond and Penny? bah...
Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally88 (View Post)

BuddyTv didn't put Sawyer and Juliet in the list of the 50 most beautiful love stories I mean they threw in there those from The Vampire Diaries!!
And from LOST there were Jate, Pb&J and Sun/Jin. I mean not even Desmond and Penny? bah...
the vampire diaries? seriously... i like that show and even i am sick of that love triangle
i can understand all the lost ones but Suliet are the best love story that came out of Lost(biased, obviously ) although i guess Suliet didnt really start happening till much later whereas Jate, Sun/Jin, and even Claire and Charlie were set up from the beginning of the show!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just skimmed through the Top 50 - and the #1 is a pairing from One Tree Hill? Of all shows, One Tree Hill?! I'm struggling to take the whole thing seriously just because of that.

And I don't even ship Desmond/Penny, but Charlie and Claire above them? Hmm.

Sawyer and Juliet were established pretty later on and when the show wasn't that much of a hot topic anymore, plus they didn't have much screentime together even though they did have memorable scenes. So I can deal with them being out of the list.
...Dealing with it doesn't mean I agree, though.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So I can deal with them being out of the list.
...Dealing with it doesn't mean I agree, though.
same! i can see out of the Lost couples, why they didn't make it, because they weren't one of the ' main pairings' as was the same with Penny and Desmond,however overall no way... i haven't seen half the shows on the list but the ones i have, i can't understand the order of those pairings,
like some of the ones from parks and recreation and the big bang theory?

and seriously? they have included the two pairings from the vampire diaries straight after each other, the same girl with two different guys... oh dear.
i am not sure how a girl who can't decide who she actually likes qualifies as an epic love story, i mean atleast they should have just put one of them in , but maybe that is just my opinion!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I suspect they listed both sides of the triangle to avoid the wrath of either fanbase, in case one was left out. One thing I know about The Vampire Diaries is that the shippers of that show are pretty... passionate. And until one pairing shapes up to be the likely endgame, better not take risks.

At least there is no one from Glee in the top 10.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I suspect they listed both sides of the triangle to avoid the wrath of either fanbase, in case one was left out. One thing I know about The Vampire Diaries is that the shippers of that show are pretty... passionate. And until one pairing shapes up to be the likely endgame, better not take risks.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

yes, i know what you mean i have witnessed some pretty passionate shipping for that show, although i don't think anyone is as passionate as the chuck/blair shippers from Gossip Girl!

and i suppose that is something!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lost was my first fandom, so I didn't even know what a "ship war" was until I saw Jaters, Skaters and Sulieters at each other's throats. Sometimes the comment section of a site with an article/poll about the pairings on Lost would go crazy.

But yeah, I've witnessed some "displays" of power from Supernatural, Glee, Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries fandoms, and compared to those the Losties don't look that much passionate anymore.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nanda made this video, which is P E R F E C T, and seeing as she didn't post it here, I'm doing it for her because it's a crime not to share it:

Old 12-26-2012, 04:27 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by karivalentina (View Post)
Hi,
This is my first time posting. I watched Lost for the first time on Netflix over the course of the summer. Since then, I have been watching videos and reading other blogs. It's been a fascinating journey. It's been fun reading what people thought would happen in relation to certain key episodes while they were on the air. I've been amazed by the amazing support that Suliet received and all the hope specially throughout the aftermath of season 5 finale, the long 9 months before season 6 and throughout season 6.

I've been mystified by the reason for including so many Skate scenes in the season 6 sideways story. For a while, I thought it was a way for the writers to mislead the fans and I hated them for it. As I thought about it, it became clear that the whole story was to show that in the alternate timeline Sawyer had "a shot" at Kate but did not take it (hence the scene where he refused to bail her out of jail) just like he did in the island timeline. Thus, the sideways was showing us that even though Kate kept "crashing into his life", there came a point where he made a choice and left Kate in her Jail cell, a direct reference to his decision to jump out of the helicopter and take himself out of the equation (smartest move ever).
From this perspective, it now makes sense why they included Kate so much in Sawyer's sideways. It makes me love the finale even more...he was looking for Juliet all along...
My husband's reaction to; the finale: (he didn't care about the romances), "well, it was obvious how much he loved her, just from his reaction when she died..."
Hi, I'm Julie from England.

I love Sawyer and Juliet, it's a very grown-up relationship. It was lovely to see Sawyer happy as LaFleur, even only for a little while!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by karivalentina (View Post)
Hi, Julie....Sawyer was my favorite character from the minute I learned his backstory. What was your experience watching the show in England? Did you watch it as it aired here in the US or at at a different times?
For me, it's been interesting reading the blogs, what people thought and felt in response to the episodes as they aired...how people interpreted different scenes. Although, I think it was probably more fun being able to participate in the discussions...it looks as though this is the only thread that it is still open for discussion....
I've also gone into the skate threads, and it is so interesting to note how the same scenes (in the last two seasons) were interpreted so differently in the two threads. Although, it does seem clear that the critics did overwhelmingly support suliet. :
I decided to watch Lost because I am a fan of Matthew Perry and he kept tweeting about how good it was. By that time, the 5th season had started so I bought the dvds to catch up so I saw the first 4 seasons in about 2 weeks! Then I bought the 5th season dvd as soon as that came out and I saw the final season on tv.

Sawyer had firmly become my favourite character by season 3. What I find great about the character is that he is pretending to be Sawyer so when he changes his character later in the show, it's believable because he was never meant to be like Sawyer in the first place, it was just because of his tragic childhood.

LaFleur was a very brave episode to do because we had to believe the relationship of Suliet. I think everyone did a great job!
The Suliet scenes in The Incident and The End are very special but I cry a lot watching them!