Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

From TVLine:

Quote:
Question: I’d love some scoop on the Miles/Rachel dynamic on Revolution this season. Any movement with these two? —Claire
Ausiello: “It’s going to go back and forth a bit, as those things do,” Billy Burke shares with a wink. As Season 2 opens — dropping a big piece hint along the way that things were hot-n-heavy ‘tween the two in the past — “It’s a little chilly, and then it warms up a bit,” Burke says. “And then things ensue that cause another rift.”

Source
Quote:
We spotted a familiar face while checking out the new season of Revolution (premiering Sept. 25), and thought Big Love fans, in particular, would want to know: Matt Ross (aka kooky Alby on HBO’s acclaimed pologamy-centric series) guest-stars in the first two episodes of Season 2 as an educated, relentless warlord named Titus Andover.

Source

From TV Guide:

Quote:
Thanks for the Revolution scoop, but what's going on with Monroe this season? — April
NATALIE: The deposed leader of the former Monroe Republic is drowning his sorrows in, well, sex — as is Charlie, who, thankfully is not sharing Monroe's bed. But the horndogs will cross paths early on. Unfortunately, their meeting will be even more devastating for Charlie than that time that he, you know, tried to kill everyone she loves.

Source
Old 09-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
The Rachel/Bass pairing was there in the original version of the pilot, and Kripke admitted of erasing it because it felt like a bad soap-opera. I don't know if he will resurrect the idea, but they seem to be very willing to change things as they move along, so who knows.
What? What bad soap-opera? Dang, Kripke. You should've kept it. 8)

Everything you said about Liz's characters, I cannot agree more. Somehow it's how the character is written. Juliet was meant to be the one whom we're supposed to love to death (no pun intended) and feel sorry for. I thought her character's character was built in such a way where we would have to empathize with her. We would understand why she would behave in a certain way. I thought all in all, Juliet's emotions and motivations behind her actions were clear-cut and pure and easy to understand. At least, from my point of view. Like you said, it started out well in V...and it kinda did too for me in Revolution. I already mentioned, I begin a show wanting Liz's characters to be my favourites. It's just that I can't comprehend some of the things Rachel has done. That's why I don't feel that connection. Something is blocking me from empathizing totally with her. That's what draws me to a character. When I'm able to empathize with her...or him, in this case, Bass. I'm still willing to give it a try though.

I didn't like Twilight at all actually.
Quote:
And got your son killed. I get that that was an indirect consequence, but it's sort of the same of what happened with Erica, Hobbes and Joe in V (I *did* ship a bit there, and of course TPTB ruined everything in the messiest way. That's my luck with shipping )
I hated that storyline. I think I mentioned that a bit in the V thread here. I shipped Hobbes and Erica. HATED him pushing that button. My heart just went 'it's over'.
Quote:
They have bad history, too, but also deep family ties, so with some kickass writing you could redeem that... perhaps. I don't think these writers will, but they have Charlie to tie them together, at least.
Family ties. That's my problem. I keep thinking of Miles as Rachel's brother-in-law. I find it hard to swallow the fact that he's her lover. I don't mind if they do the redeeming with those 'family ties' as long as it's in the 'he's my husband's brother/she's my brother's wife' way. It's the biasness in me. I know they're not gonna go that route.

I have to reply to your post about Jack and Juliet, only I don't know if I should reply to it here or in the J/J thread. I don't hate you for sharing your thoughts! In fact, you may be surprised to know some of the things I've thought about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I think I have to consider myself lucky that I have no emotional investment in Rachel or anything else that's going on on the show because otherwise, I would have to add Miles/Rachel to the ever-growing list of Liz-related ships I strongly disapprove of. Now I still don't like them, but at least I get to be zen about it this time. I think I have said this once before, but I have kind of made peace with the very real possibility that I am never going to ship a character Liz plays.
Have you really never shipped any of Liz's characters? You need to tell me how you do it. Also post the list of Liz-related ships you disapprove of cuz it has gotten me curious.

Hm. Have to say the new spoilers bring a little light to the darkness. (What can I say? I was born to ship something.)
Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll get back to your posts tomorrow, girls - I'm not skipping them, I'm just slow. Ahem.

Just wanted to post a link to the promo pics for the second episode before heading off to bed:

Revolution - Episode 2.02 - There Will Be Blood - Promotional Photos | Spoilers
Old 09-20-2013, 02:38 AM
Extreme Fan

From what I remember, what happens in the original version of the Pilot is that Rachel is revealed to be alive, but she is not in her very own room. She's coming out from Bass' tent, which kind of implied that they were lovers. Eric Kripke felt it wasn't the best way to introduce Rachel in the present timeline, so Rachel being introduced inside her very own room and clearly being a prisoner, it gives the writers a clear idea of where they go with Rachel's character. It means they wanted her to be seen as a "heroine/anti-heroine" instead of being possibly romantically involved with the main "villain" of the show. Eric Kripke said he's not sure what he would do with this kind of storyline (possible Rachel/Bass romance), but he knows what to do when Rachel and Bass are completely on opposite sides. It wasn't because it was a bad storyline, it was because they wanted Rachel to be one of the "good" guys without any ambiguity on which side she is. At least that's what I got from his words.

I guess it is one of the reasons why Rachel's romantic pairing is Miles.

David Rambo (writer of Children of Men) also said it is difficult to write for Rachel and Bass. And when he was talking about their alliance to save Charlie he was careful to say it was temporarily. It is probably related to how they want to establish Rachel as a character too. She's full of secrets and she's bonding with the "villain" for a little while inside the bunker, but she's one of the "good" ones.

Actually I think Rachel being romantically involved with her brother in law sounds much more soap opera than being romantically involved with her captor/former friend.

I don't think Rachel and Bass is like Erica and Hobbes because Rachel and Bass know each other for a long time. We don't know how close they were, but they were friends. It looks like it creates a bonding between them, even if they don't want it to happen. That's why they can't kill each other. If the general of the militia was a stranger, someone like Tom, Rachel would've just thrown the grenade, IMHO. If the prisoner who possibly knows how to turn the power back on was a stranger, someone like Randall, Bass would've killed him a long time ago, IMHO. Erica and Hobbes were in a mission together and they were getting to know each other. Erica was starting to trust him and he betrayed her trust. I'm not sure if Erica would ever forgive Hobbes for what he did. Maybe. Now I can clearly see Rachel forgiving Bass if he shows he deserves her forgiveness because of their past friendship and also because Rachel herself has a lot to do with the deaths of Danny and Ben.

With Rachel and Miles, the main problem is Miles. I can't sympathize with the character. If only I was able to sympathize with him, I wouldn't dislike this pairing so much. But I have a hard time to deal with what he tried to do with Rachel when she gave herself up to the militia. He tried to punch her. The fact he threatened to beat the woman he loves makes me feel very uncomfortable. And then he had the courage to torture her (it wasn't showed, but it was implied he did it. They might change it though. But as far as we know, he tortured her). The fact he is family makes it worse, IMHO. Miles did the horrible things he did with the woman he loves and his own family.

Bass did horrible things with Rachel, but he doesn't love her and she was an old friend that became an enemy. Torturing her wasn't nice at all, but he didn't do it himself. For me, that's a relevant detail. And the only time Bass himself attempted to hurt her was when she tried to hurt him with a pen. Rachel provoked him many times, but he doesn't threaten to hit her because of it. He's very patient with her, unlike Miles (I'm talking mostly about general Miles Matheson in comparison to general Sebastian Monroe). I like that. Especially because Bass's not this way with other people.

I realize the fact Bass indirectly killed Ben and Danny is a huge block for romance though. But from forgiveness comes understanding, from understanding comes friendship and a friendship can become a romance. It's not completely impossible, especially because Rachel and Bass are too similar. If the writers wanted it to happen, I believe Liz and David could pull it off.

The writers don't want it to happen though, so as long as they actually have some meaningful and good moments together. Just the two of them. That's enough to make me happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiots (View Post)
@cris Hey, you're the Bass/Rachel fan that I knew of first and indirectly got me to do all that, so I will thank you for being that catalyst.
Aww. I really enjoy to talk about Rachel and Bass with you, Grace. There aren't many fans of this pairing, which is understandable because the show doesn't focus that much on this relationship. So I was feeling a little bit alone before you were here. It's a great feeling to talk with someone who likes them as much as I do. Thank you for being here. I'm seeing you're really enjoying it.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh my gosh, before I actually comment on what you said, Cris, I'm gonna give you a big hug because you just made me smile the heck outta my face with your amazing post. It's the end of my working day, so I'm leaving the office.

It's a good way to start my weekend!

And oh yeah, I'm definitely enjoying this!
Quote:
She's full of secrets and she's bonding with the "villain" for a little while inside the bunker, but she's one of the "good" ones.
Hm, the 'good' aren't really good, and the 'bad' aren't really bad in this show. It all depends on the angle that you look at the characters from, I guess. Can't say I like that idea of this good/bad in this show because all I see is a whole lot of grey.

Last edited by Heiots; 09-20-2013 at 09:14 AM Reason: Brain occured a time lapse.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to get back to your post a little bit later, Grace. I have to think about how to get my point across without rambling too much.

Thanks for the promo pics Fran.

Official press release for episode 3:

Quote:
"REVOLUTION"

"LOVE STORY"

10/09/2013 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : BRUSHES WITH DEATH PAINT THE BIG PICTURE IN WILLOUGHBY, WHILE DARING RESCUE ATTEMPTS ARE MADE - Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) makes a valiant attempt to rescue Miles (Billy Burke) and to escape with an ailing Tribesman’s wife, while Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) and Jason (JD Pardo) are caught off-guard, assaulted by violent refugees. Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Adam (Patrick Heusinger) are at odds over what to do with Monroe (David Lyons). Legions of Tribesmen threaten all of Willoughby but with questionable leadership and Aaron (Zak Orth) faces death, yet again.

Also starring, Stephen Collins, Jessica Collins, Jason Douglas, Matt Ross, Richard T. Jones, Nicole Ari Parker and Deborah Puette.

Source
Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

A new extended promo

I think this promo combined with the latest episode descriptions makes it fairly obvious that Aaron is going to survive for the time being.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Season premiere sneak peeks
Old 09-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Gene. I really like that guy.

But seriously, he seems like a great addition. He's level-headed, loves his family, and sensible, the sane one when everyone else is going nuts. He's good for Rachel, who is going to twirl all those curls outta her hair by the end of the new season. Poor woman.

And regarding what he said to Miles...thank you. I'm glad someone got it out.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

What Gene told me is that Miles and Rachel have been ~longing for each other since what, twenty years now? They were gazing at each other with love/lust on the day of Rachel and Ben's wedding. Barf.

Jason got a spine... it seems? Nice. Could he become interesting this year? I have mostly overlooked his character so far.

I still owe you guys a couple of long replies, but at the moment talking about Miles and Rachel and Bass being possibly thrown into that mess hurts my brain.
Quote:
BRUSHES WITH DEATH PAINT THE BIG PICTURE IN WILLOUGHBY
I can't at this poetic attempt.

So if Aaron survives, what happens to his brand new girlfriend..? I think Cynthia is only listed for 4 episodes.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What Gene told me is that Miles and Rachel have been ~longing for each other since what, twenty years now? They were gazing at each other with love/lust on the day of Rachel and Ben's wedding. Barf.
Yeah, the Miles/Rachel lovestory is getting more and more appealing with every passing episode. Not! I'm wondering when the writers are going to reveal that Miles is Charlie's biological father. I don't see any other reason for the writers to push the beginnings of Miles and Rachel's lovestory so far back into the past.

Quote:
So if Aaron survives, what happens to his brand new girlfriend..? I think Cynthia is only listed for 4 episodes.
I have no idea, but they could always prolong her stay on the show if need be.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 09-24-2013 at 06:26 PM
Old 09-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Exactly. Doesn't really portray our hero/heroine in the best light, does it? That's sort of my problem with this entire love story. Ben was Miles's brother. Not a friend, or a colleague. He was family. It's bad enough to have known that Miles had intentions to capture him and torture him for information. Now we find out this love/lust situation has been going on even on Ben's wedding day. No problem, but now Ben's dead, and apparently, his death doesn't really affect anything between Rachel and Miles. No, that's better, cuz now both of them can be together. (That was sarcasm, by the way.)

What Bass did was bad, but he wasn't family. When family does this to you...I don't know. I think it's a worse betrayal.

So yeah. All that Gene said, I was glad he did. I think Ben is the biggest roadblock in this Miles/Rachel story. It will create a ton of guilt for Miles, maybe, and Rachel too, but other than this mention of dead Ben from Gene, I don't know if the writers will address him again.

Last edited by Heiots; 09-24-2013 at 05:39 PM
Old 09-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Neither Miles or Rachel looks good in this situation, that's for sure. That line about the wedding made me literally facepalm. I agree that they're totally setting up the Miles-is-Charlie's-father reveal at this point, but things like that are also the show's twisted way to tell us those two are the epic, tragic, dysfunctional end game of the series, after they have made amends to the past, each other, and fought their inner demons. But the way they're doing it drives me bonkers.
It's not even that I mind dysfunctional - we're in fiction - but so far I've been either underwhelmed or rolling my eyes, at all these attempt at "intensity" written between the two. Eh.
Quote:
I have no idea, but they could always prolong her stay on the show if need be.
Fair point!

From TVLine:
Quote:
Question: Got any scoop on Revolution? —Kevin
Ausiello:
The mystery man known as Mr. President will be unmasked “by midseason,” exec producer Eric Kripke confirms. “For now, he’s just this shadowy figure that is moving into the White House, and we’ll start to tease all that out.” Bonus Scoop: Adam Beach (SVU, Big Love) makes his first appearance in Wednesday’s premiere playing “the sheriff of the town of Willoughby that our heroes stumble into and immediately there’s a little friction with Miles because he senses that there’s [something off],” Kripke explains. “Miles comes into town using an alias and not wanting anyone to know his true identity, and Adam begins to realize pretty quickly that there’s more to Miles than meets the eye.”
‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Will Callie and Arizona Divorce in Season 10? — Ask Ausiello - TVLine
Old 09-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I found this...

Guest Stars (or some of them) for Episode 7. It is the Facebook cover of the actor that is going to play Lucas in this episode.

click the image to see the full size

Source

I didn't watch the sneak peeks, but based on the trailer, I feel Rachel's father is going to be a cool character.

At first I got the feeling he was going to be an abusive father or maybe he was an abusive father in the past with Rachel because the writers said they're going to show her upbringing and that's the first thing that came to my mind. But I guess I was wrong and I'm glad about it.

Quote:
Hm, the 'good' aren't really good, and the 'bad' aren't really bad in this show. It all depends on the angle that you look at the characters from, I guess. Can't say I like that idea of this good/bad in this show because all I see is a whole lot of grey.
Same here, Grace. But maybe Eric Kripke doesn't see things this way. He keeps calling Bass a "villain".

Quote:
Oh my gosh, before I actually comment on what you said, Cris, I'm gonna give you a big hug because you just made me smile the heck outta my face with your amazing post. It's the end of my working day, so I'm leaving the office.

It's a good way to start my weekend!
Aw. I'm glad it made you happy.

Revolution is almost back now, so it's time to leave the spoilers thread. I know a lot already. And that's enough. It's time to be away from spoilers.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the guest star list and the TVLine spoilers. I think at this point, it seems relatively safe to assume that the Annabeth role has either turned out to be a 1-scene deal or been cut completely because she isn't even listed in any of the press releases.

From TV Guide:

Quote:
First Look: Revolution Scares Up Halloween

A world without power is a terrifying enough concept, but the denizens of Revolution's dystopia have grown so accustomed to the horror that they're not afraid to celebrate Halloween. In the Oct. 16 episode, Rachel and the folks of Willoughby, Texas, try to show the town's kids that life does go on. "There's a homespun feel to it," says co-executive producer Anne Cofell Saunders, who also co*wrote the episode. "If you watch carefully, you'll see that when kids wear an old Darth Vader or Tweety Bird mask, the costume is mismatched. They don't know the pop-culture references."

For Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Aaron (Zak Orth), the psychological scars from indirectly *assisting in a nuclear strike on Atlanta and Philadelphia — and, in Aaron's case, dying and being brought back to life — are still fully in evidence. Says Saunders, "The town's Halloween celebration *becomes an eerie backdrop for the drama going on in their lives."

Source
Quote:
Revolution Creator Eric Kripke Promises a Much-Improved Season 2

For everyone who gave up on Revolution last season, it might be time to reconsider. The NBC series returns Wednesday (8/7c) as the gritty, post-apocalyptic drama it was supposed to be before becoming overwhelmed by pendants, nanotech and nuclear bombs.

"It was inevitable, I think, when the storyline is everyone scrambling to try and get the power back on they have to start scoring some victories, which means there has to start being some power," creator Eric Kripke admits to TVGuide.com. "But by the end of the season, around the time that we had drone strikes, I was watching along with everyone else and asking myself what is this show about? I just don't know what this show is about anymore."

For Season 2, the showrunner decided to move away from the power and refocus on the emotional core of the series. With Miles (Billy Burke) and Co. spread out across the continent, Revolution's new season will center on how they each struggle to find themselves and each other in the wake of the recent world-shattering attack. And once reunited, the characters will be faced with the question of whether they can put their previous disagreements behind them and work together to defeat the new big bad, The Patriots.

Viewers got brief glimpses of The Patriots in the end of Season 1 and unlike with Monroe (David Lyons), no one will have much sympathy for the new baddies on the block. "They are very different bad guys from what we've seen in the show before because they work through mystery and conspiracies. And they sort of worm their way into every storyline and every character in our show, even though the different characters might be spread across the continent," Kripke says.

In addition to warding off the new evil, Miles' motley crew will also be facing a much vaguer danger. "Our heroes changed something ... and in a lot of ways changed the laws of physics and the laws of reality," Kripke explains. The extensive power of the nanotech will be evidenced in the premiere and for one character, it becomes a focal point of a life-or-death investigation. "There's also a really healthy mystery this season. I'd say a more sweeping and gripping mystery than last year because last year was simply like, hey jeez, should we turn the power on? And it's a really binary problem. ... This one is the reality around us is changing in inexplicable ways and we have to sort of catch up and realize what we've done and maybe how to stop it," he says.

Unfortunately, not all of our heroes will be in a good place to face these issues when Revolution picks up six months after the events of the finale. "They set out to save the world and I think they made it so much worse," Kripke says, noting that while this is great for storytelling, it's not so great for Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell). Season 2 will find the former screwdriver-wielding scientist struggling with the guilt of all the lives lost in the Atlanta and Philadelphia bombings. And while she will have her father (Stephen Collins) around to assist in her recovery, Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) will be long gone.

The naïf-turned-warrior will finally get the chance to step out of her parents' shadow and become her own woman this season, a decision Kripke and the writers came to after listening to the hordes of fan complaints. "We had a lot of conversations about Charlie because I think Tracy is killing it and I think she's executing exactly what we're writing, so the issue was forcing us to look at, well, what are we writing?" Kripke says. This lead to the realization that by keeping Charlie in close proximity to Miles and Rachel, her character would always be dealing with parental issues, making her seem younger and weaker than she was. "So we thought it was important to remove her from her family and let her be her own person and let herself be somebody who's confident and can handle themselves after everything she's learned from Miles in Season 1," Kripke says. "So I think you'll see a recognizable Charlie, but a much more grown up one."

This season will also find Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) and Monroe changed men after the fall of the Republic. With his wife Julia missing and presumed dead in the attack, Neville is a mere shell of the egomaniac he used to be. Thankfully, the introduction of The Patriots will give Neville a reinvigorating sense of purpose, though it has the potential to push Jason (JD Pardo) even farther away. Monroe, on the other hand, is living aimlessly undercover, channeling his unhappiness into every vice one can indulge in. "He's in pretty sh---y shape. He lost everything," Kripke said. "And so he gives into his baser drinking and whoring temptations ... and then has to, like everyone else in this show, pick up and stand up and dust himself off from the events of Season 1 and get back into the fight."

And with a common enemy against them, Monroe will find himself fighting alongside Miles once more, something the former enjoys far more than the latter. While the pair attempt to work out their complicated relationship, Monroe's presence poses a dark temptation for Miles, who constantly struggles to stay on the right side of the moral divide. "In a lot of ways, it's as though Miles is an old addict who's on the wagon, just the addiction here is violence and despotism. Then his old using buddy shows back up into town and is like, 'Hey man, let's party.' So that's a dangerous situation for Miles to be in," Kripke says. But even before Monroe comes back into Miles' life, the former general will be harboring a dark secret of his own, though Kripke remains mum on what it could be.

Are you excited to see Miles and Monroe team up again? Will you give Charlie another chance?

Source