Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Revolution - The Plague Dogs (1x04) - Episode Discussion

The Plague Dogs

Episode Description

10/08/2012 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) - MILES AND CHARLIE REUNITE WITH AARON AND MAGGIE
After Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Nora (Daniella Alonso) rescue Miles (Billy Burke) from Militia, they set off to meet Aaron (Zak Orth) and Maggie (Anna Lise Phillips). Tracking Miles and Charlie at every turn is Nate (JD Pardo). As the gang reunites and continues on their journey, unforeseeable challenges await.

David Lyons, Maria Howell, Tim Guinee and Elizabeth Mitchell also star. Michael Mosley guest stars.

source

Promos

Promo 1 (00:30)

Sneak Peeks

Sneak Peek 1 (00:58 - Miles, Charlie)

Promotional Photos

None featuring Elizabeth. You can check the rest of the promo pics for this episode here and here.

Ratings

8.01 million viewers (18-49: 3.0/8)

Reviews

____

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-09-2013 at 06:10 PM
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Elizabeth just killed me!!!
I'm so happy they are giving her more space!! I loved her scenes with Monroe, she doesn't care if they torture her, she is not scared for herself but when he talked about hurting Danny she couldn't stand it!!

Maggie is dead. Very sad scene! Anna Lise was very good it almost made me cry! And Tracy Spirikados didn't suck!! I'm starting to like Charlie while I finnd Miles more and more annoying. And what did he do to Rachel? Why did she turn herself in? She didn't seem scared so why did they captured her?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Sad death scene, she did not deserve to die. She was strong independant and knows how to survive.
I wish MarK Pelligrino was playing Monroe.

This episode was good
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

Just watched the episode. I did enjoy the Rachel scenes a lot this week. I thought Liz did a really good job with them. I wish she would get more screentime, though, and that the show would generally focus more on the adult characters and less on the annoying teenagers.

I got a kick out of Miles telling Charlie to shut up. I'm sorry, but I just don't like her nor do I like Tracy Spiridakos' acting.

Danny is an idiot. And where did his asthma go to all of a sudden?

The actress who plays Maggie gave a good performance this week, but it kind of figures that the show would kill off one of it's more realistic characters and better actors among the cast. I don't have an emotional attachment to any character, but I would have much rather seen one of Charlie, Danny, not!Nate or Google guy go.

So, Miles knows that Rachel is alive. Why doesn't he tell anyone (e.g. Charlie) about it?

And has Rachel been getting tortured for years or did Monroe just come up with that idea?

ETA:

Ratings are out:

Quote:
10:00 p.m.

NBC – Revolution
Viewers: 8.89 million (#3), A18-49: 3.4/ 8 (#1)

10:30 p.m.

NBC – Revolution
Viewers: 7.52 million (#3), A18-49: 2.7/ 7 (#1)

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/forum...ewtopic&t=2456
Just going by the half hour numbers, I would expect it to be adjusted down to a 3,0 demo in the finals.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 10-09-2012 at 09:13 AM
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

The ratings are almost like last week (it only went from 3.2 to 3.1). It's not bad! That half hour gap worries me though....

p.s No adjustement down luckily...
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Final ratings haven't been released yet.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Ohh sorry I read the ones from yesterday
Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for killing off my favorite female character, show. And by 'thank you' I mean 'frak you'.
Really bummed to see Maggie go - I know she didn't have much to do and was expendable plot-wise, but I found myself empathizing with her more than many of the other main characters. She felt way more real and natural than most. And I liked Anna Lise Phillips.

Nate came back. Like those annoying mosquitos that just won't leave you alone.

Danny can predict the weather. That's one fancy superpower.

I keep waiting for Monroe to impress me but the actor portraying him is a piece of wood.

I get that Aaron is some computer savvy genius (?) and his knowledge will be useful in future episodes, but I don't really care whether he is there or not. The only scene of his I've liked so far was last week's memories exchange with Maggie.

Finally, Liz - I enjoyed Rachel's scenes this week, most of them at least. (I didn't in the first two episodes ) Elizabeth really sold the heartbreak of leaving her children, and she was so great in that first scene with Monroe. It also seems like Rachel's role in this whole power out event might be much bigger than it was originally suggested, so curious to see where they go with that.

I said I liked *most* of her scenes because, to me, the whole torture thing was surprisingly underwhelming. Torture is a big deal, and while I'm not saying I wanted to see the act performed, I expected the show to do a much better job at making be perceive the horror of it. I didn't really feel anything thinking about what had just happened when they showed Rachel again after it. There is a difference between pointing out with her (lack of) reaction how strong and stoic she is to endure something like that, and make it seem like she just finished reading a book.
And Monroe knew he would have her son soon, the only "weapon" that might affect her, so what's the point of physical torture? Reminder of what Danny will experience if she doesn't talk? Display of power? Break her body first, then her spirit?
My overall feeling was confusion.

Thanks for the ratings info!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I said I liked *most* of her scenes because, to me, the whole torture thing was surprisingly underwhelming. Torture is a big deal, and while I'm not saying I wanted to see the act performed, I expected the show to do a much better job at making be perceive the horror of it. I didn't really feel anything thinking about what had just happened when they showed Rachel again after it. There is a difference between pointing out with her (lack of) reaction how strong and stoic she is to endure something like that, and make it seem like she just finished reading a book.
I agree. I also noticed that Rachel didn't have any visible torture marks on her body and thought that was really strange. Was that a mistake by the make-up department? If so, that's a really big thing to miss.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Final ratings are out. Revolution was adjusted down a tenth to a 3,0 in the demo:

Quote:
10:00PM NBC Revolution 8.01 million viewers (18-49: 3.0/8)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-down/152108/
Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

In that last scene, we only saw Rachel's face, right? She could have feasibly been tortured with her face left untouched. She did seem a little too composed for having just been tortured though.

I thought this was the best episode yet. I was really sad to see Maggie go, as I agree with what's been said in that she's one of the more interesting characters. I did love the flashbacks that we got of her before she died though.

Ugh, Charlie. Just ugh. The less we see of her, the more I'll enjoy the show. Not a fan of Nate or Danny either.

Loved that Rachel got some more screen time this week, and I think that Liz was fantastic in her scenes. I'm really looking forward to next week, when we'll hopefully see some more of her, possibly with Danny.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

Danny is so cute! I think I have a crush on his face!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

For weeks, I thought the actor who plays Danny reminded me of someone, but it took me until this week's episode to figure out who that is: He looks like Italian Tennis player Andreas Seppi. I swear they could be twins if Andreas was about 8 years younger.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks to post the ratings here glad that the viewers just dropped down a little bit I thought they are getting lesser now down to 7 viewers.

I feel sad to those fave to Maggie,okay shes one of the best character.

Miles lots of worst secret in the past ? need more investigation flashback .

Liz still the best,even her character is awful for me from the start,hope more flashback upcoming episodes.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

I just remembered... I think the casting department did a great job by casting that little girl as little Charlie. She looks so much like Tracy Spirikados!!