Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Revolution - One Riot, One Ranger (2x05) - Episode Discussion

One Riot, One Ranger

Episode Description

MYSTERIOUS SCIENCE IS ABOUND AND ALMOST NO ONE IS IMMUNE FROM SURPRISES - Aaron (Zak Orth) and Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) speculate on the extreme effects of Nano technology, while he also confides in Cynthia (Jessica Collins). Meanwhile a figure from Miles’s (Billy Burke) rugged past, Texas Ranger John Fry (Jim Beaver) reemerges. Fry could be Miles' chance to bring down the Patriots in a big way, however Fry will need convincing. Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) has a surprise for Miles and her mother, while Secretary Allenford (Nicole Ari Parker) holds a secret important to Neville (Giancarlo Esposito).

Also starring David Lyons, Jason Douglas, Steven Culp and Ashley Wood.
(source)

Promos

Promo 1 (00:30)
Promo 2 (00:15)

Sneak Peeks

-

Promotional Photos

You can check out the rest of the promo pics for this episode here.

Ratings

5.04 million viewers (18-49: 1.4/4)

Reviews

____

Last edited by Hawthorn; 10-29-2013 at 11:49 AM
Old 10-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this thread, Fran.

NBC has released a sneak peek for this episode
Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread, Fran
Old 10-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Preliminary ratings are out:

Quote:
8:00PM NBC Revolution 5.05 million viewers (18-49: 1.4/4)

Source
And the half hour numbers:

Quote:
8:00 p.m.

NBC – Revolution
Viewers: 5.10 million (#4), A18-49: 1.4/ 4 (#4)

———-

8:30 p.m.

NBC – Revolution
Viewers: 5.00 million (#4), A18-49: 1.3/ 4 (#4)

Source
It looks like Revolution was stable this week.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Still slightly down in the overall numbers, but yeah, at least the demo didn't slip down any further. Thanks for posting the ratings!

And the sneak peeks are back! Did they forget the past two weeks, or..?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's a new series low in terms of overall viewership, but at least it didn't drop down any further in the demo.

Final numbers:

Quote:
8:00PM NBC Revolution 5.04 million viewers (18-49: 1.4/4)

Source
Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Get out of my way, Miles.

Best line ever said on this show.

It doesn't matter why Rachel says it. It's just awesome. Plus, it's Liz with a riffle. So. It's awesome.

Rachel and Bass. I can't help it. When Rachel entered through the door my heart skipped a beat.

So Rachel still wants to kill Bass. Which is very genuine. He destroyed her family. But I also think what happened in the Tower with the bombs increased her anger at him because I'm sure she blames him for taking Randall to the Tower in the first place.

It's going to take a very long time before she forgives him. I'm not even sure if she ever will do it. Things can't change that fast. And not with them being apart all the time. Now that they're going to fight "together" against the Patriots, maybe their relationship will change a little bit. I hope she gives up on killing him, at least. If Bass wants to have her trust and friendship again (and I'm not sure if he wants that. With Miles that's very transparent, but with Rachel it isn't), he will have to prove over and over that he deserves it. I think he genuinely wants to help, anyway.

They need to talk to each other. If they don't talk. I'll have an explosion of anger and burn the writers.

I have to agree with Miles though. Charlie didn't help at all. She could have said to Rachel that Bass saved her from a bunch of perverts instead of standing up to Bass. It wouldn't help much to change Rachel's feelings at the moment. But there was this one time Bass saved Charlie's life and Rachel let him go. So maybe Rachel wouldn't be so mad at Charlie when they're upstairs.

Rachel's face when Charlie hugs Aaron. And their conversation. I didn't expect anything different after what Charlie did. Rachel would be mad with her for being with Bass. They just need to have a proper and calm talk. The lack of communication between the two of them is sad. It's tragic, really. I feel Rachel doesn't know how to connect with Charlie because she spent so many years away from her. And Charlie doesn't help with her behavior.

But Rachel, you had lots of opportunities to kill Bass and you didn't. Because you can't do it. I know it.

Bass is still obsessed with Miles and Miles still treats him badly. He gave Bass a chance though. And that's something good.

But I think Bass has nothing to do with Miles' dark side. He's not the one taking Miles to that route. Actually it was the other way around when Miles decided to kill those two men that were beating Jeremy because Miles felt they deserved it. You have it in you, Miles. You always had. And you hate it, but that's your problem.

Bass has a psycho mind though. He thinks killing people with Miles is fun. I'm sure it isn't about killing people anyway. It's just the fact he's with Miles.

I was conflicted when Miles asked if Bass did something to Charlie. I think he means Bass physically hurting Charlie instead of Bass wanting/having something sexual related to Charlie, right? Because Bass is a womanizer, but he would never want it with Charlie. She's Rachel's daughter and that's how he sees her, IMHO.

By the way, I liked it better when Bass used to call her Charlotte instead of Charlie.

The reunion between Miles and Charlie was cute. That's the only Miles relationship that I actually like. The "I missed you, kid" was very sweet. He's likable around Charlie.

I can't with Rachel and Aaron. They're so cute together. Loved their conversation.

And when Miles was saying for them to dial back the crazy, I loved Rachel's mad look. She cares about what Aaron is feeling. But I think she also identifies with him when he thinks he's crazy. That wasn't very sensitive of Miles to call them crazy. I mean, Rachel spent the last six months thinking she was crazy.

Rachel spent the entire night at Miles' place and she doesn't tell him the Patriots want her? I like that she hides the important things from him.

It was good to see some local law, because we knew there was a General in Texas since the first season, so it would be unbelievable if the Patriots just invaded Texas and nothing happened.

Justine is a good woman (and former Patriot) now? I didn't expect this at all. I guess she's not going to meet Rachel then. At least not the way that I thought it would happen. And I sensed some sexual tension between Justine and Tom. I hope the writers don't go there with them. Julia just died. I like their dynamic and they have chemistry, but no, please.

Miles' face to Charlie when he sees Bass was hilarious.

Rachel's face when she was getting upstairs was hilarious.

And Miles was all proud saying that he's not the kind of person to explode or go crazy because that's never a good thing. But then he freaks out when Bass kills the Texas Ranger.

Bass killing the Texas Ranger was awesome. Totally didn't see this coming. He's as unpredictable and unstable as Rachel and I love it.

The episode was just okay, but it was very amusing.