Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Revolution - Nobody's Fault But Mine (1x10) - Episode Discussion

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Episode Description

As the gang tries to rescue Danny, Monroe and Miles face each other; a shocking discovery leaves Charlie feeling conflicted.
(source)

Promos

Promo 1 (00:30)

Sneak Peeks

Monroe & Neville (01:37)

Promotional Photos

You can check out the rest of the promo pics for this episode here.

Ratings

8.538 million viewers (18-49: 2.9/8)

Reviews

____

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-09-2013 at 06:34 PM
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

Just watched the episode. It's always good when Charlie's role is scaled down to a minimum.

So, did this Schwartzer (?) guy "only" torture Rachel or did he possibly rape her somewhere along the line as well. He really came across like a rapist/pedophile in this episode. The scene where she killed him was total badass, though.

I'm very glad that Rachel is finally out of Monroe's custody. That should result in a big increase of her screentime in the second half of the season.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-27-2012 at 10:41 AM
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Revolution's ratings are up!

Quote:
NBC Revolution 2.9/8 8.704
I don't have the half hour numbers, though.

The show has still good numbers. Even if it'll be down one point in the finals it's almost a 3.0 rating which is big for NBC (or any other network, this year). It'll have to drop BIG time when it returns for it not to be renewed. Though, I think with the Voice as lead it'll be fine even four months from now.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Half hour numbers:

Quote:
10:00 p.m.

NBC – Revolution (fall season finale)
Viewers: 9.30 million (#2), A18-49: 3.2/ 8 (#1)

10:30 p.m.

NBC – Revolution (fall season finale)
Viewers: 8.100 million (#2), A18-49: 2.7/ 7 (#1)

Forums | � Ratings � Current Nightly Network Results � Monday 11/26/12TV Media Insights – TVMI – TV Ratings – Network TV Show Reviews
I think one of the reasons why Revolution's numbers were up is that Castle didn't air this week, but I'll take it. There's no doubt in my mind that Revolution will be renewed for a second season. The spring ratings only concern me as an indicator for the show's chances to last for more than 2 seasons.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-27-2012 at 09:17 PM
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Extreme Fan

The best for last. Finally an episode about Bass. And shirtless , if only for some brief seconds.

I was curious about his family and tattoo since the very first episodes, so it was good to finally see it. And it's all tragic. I'm not really surprised. Bass at the cemetery broke my heart. And the tattoo shows how Miles was really important to him, because I think only Bass has it. I also enjoyed to see him more active and his “I don't run.” Totally opposite from Miles and I love it.

So I think the reason Bass became such a cruel and obsessed person was because Miles left the militia? That's something I wanna see more about. I think it wasn't only that, I think Miles helped Bass become a tougher man and consequently the cruel leader of the militia, just like he did with Jeremy and the other militia men.

Bass, I think you should fell in love with a woman instead of Miles. I'm pretty sure they all want you.

Seriously, the only reason I care about the Bass/Miles friendship is Bass, really. I tried my best to like Miles and I even thought the character was becoming better in the last episodes, but now I completely hate him. His “those streets are mine, I'm gonna be fine” was just like the “militia can't be destroyed because they're trained by me”. And obviously, the moment that really made me hate him is when he says to Bass he means nothing to him and spills on the face of a man who lost all his family in the most tragic way possible that he already has his very own family. By saying that he possibly takes away anything good that's left on Bass. And all of it because Bass is not the same person he was before, because he became a bad man and is crossing the limits. I think that's not how you deal with your “best friend”. It doesn't matter if he changed for worse. If he is your best friend you just help him get out of the mess. I actually think that's maybe what Bass was “asking” Miles to do when he says they “look out for each other, even when the other one screws up”. I'm pretty sure Miles was lying to himself when he said all of that. But still, that's the worse way possible to deal with it, considering everything Bass had just said.

Another thing that annoyed me was when Miles asked Bass why he kept Rachel as a prisoner during all this time. If I'm not wrong the man that led Rachel to the hands of the militia wasn't Bass. And the man that left the militia and Rachel behind wasn't Bass. And if I got things right, the reason Rachel gives a slap on his face was exactly because he ran away and left her behind. I'm not gonna be too mean on Miles about this one because we don't know exactly why Rachel accepted to go to the militia in the first place and we don't know if when he left he knew she was alive. To be fair with Miles, the first thing he said to Bass when they are face to face is “Rachel is alive”, which means he probably really thought she was dead when he left the militia and that's why Ben thinks she's dead and moves on with Maggie. And Bass could be the one person that faked Rachel's death.

Anyway, Miles is a big disappointment for me.

Talking about Rachel leaving her family and going to the militia... if Rachel knows Aaron from the campfire Ben mentioned to Maggie or from the village, then it means that all the “she's going for supplies” thing was a lie from both Rachel and Ben to Charlie/Danny. I always had the impression that Ben knew exactly where she was going and it looks like that's really the case.

The reunion between Charlie and Rachel was ok. Not as nice as the reunion between Rachel and Danny, but it's understandable the distance between the two. Danny and Charlie reuniting in front of Rachel was weird because Rachel just stood there looking like a strange. They could have made Rachel give a sweet smile after she sees them hugging each other.

But I loved that Rachel killed Strausser. That was cool! And he apparently raped her? Well, that's very disgusting. Or maybe she was talking just about the torture.

Now I felt the amount of time Rachel and Miles spent looking at each other was weird. Because Miles didn't even care that the man he apparently “feared the most” was dead, he was just looking at Rachel. I'm gonna think he probably was just very surprised about her being alive. And Rachel probably was just very mad at him for leaving her behind with the militia. But there were all those little things during the episode (Did he hurt you? There's a lot about your mom you don't know. If you cared so much about Rachel why’d you leave her? The way Nora looks at Rachel...) that makes me think the writers are going to do a Nora/Miles/Rachel love triangle. I really hope I'm wrong about it because I know I'm gonna hate it. Miles is definitely the character that least deserves two women having complicated romantic feelings for him. And Rachel, of all the people. She married his brother!!! And I'm tired of seeing Liz in freaking love triangles. Please writers, just don't go there.

To me Rachel and Bass are the characters that have the most chemistry on this show and I liked all their moments together so it's very sad they parted ways and not even one mad goodbye look. Very disappointing.

Unlike the majority of people, I actually like Charlie and I'm looking forward to see more of her interactions with Rachel and also Rachel with Danny. That's the only good thing about Rachel leaving the militia and Bass. That and the fact that being with the main group of characters will probably mean more screen time for Liz.

I don't mind the helicopter suddenly working just minutes after the electricity is turned on and the magic pendants (I really have fun trying to figure them out ), but Rachel's hair! Come on, writers. You have to decide if it is straight or curly. It's impossible to have both in a world without electricity.

The Monroe Republic is almost in war with Georgia. Nice. As soon as everyone figures out you have electricity Bass, things are going to be much cooler 'cause you're going to be in war with the whole country. Bass, I really like you, but you're a terrible leader and the chances of you dying because of it are huge.

Julia is awesome. I wish we could see her more often. And oh yes, I know it ain't gonna happen (don't know why the writers waste time making the characters say things that aren't going to happen) but I would like if Neville actually killed Miles.

I've been studying these pendants and the pendant Rachel used to build the amplifier is probably Brad's pendant simply because it had a button. Which means Rachel has her very own pendant with her? If that's it, then Bass, you're screwed.

When Rachel said it's her fault this is all happening, what she's talking about? The blackout or abandoning Charlie/Danny/Ben to go to the militia? It's probably both.

Very cool to see Jeremy back. He's the genuine comic relief character of this show. He's fun even he doesn't want to. The actor is so good. He should be a regular. And David Lyons is very good too. So many emotions he brings to Bass.

The cliffhanger was very disappointing. Helicopters and Mile's face? I expected much more from it. And they put the amplifier with the pendant inside the helicopter! If that thing goes down, then the electricity is gone too? Maybe not, because the pendants are unbreakable, but the amplifier will be gone, so no more half a mile electricity? Anyway, Rachel gave such a weird look when she was building the amplifier. It sounded like she figured out something was wrong, but obviously did nothing to fix it.

Wow, that was very long! And mostly a rant about Miles...

Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

This was probably the first episode where I found Monroe interesting. Until then, I found David Lyon's portrayal rather one-note. At least in the episodes that I had seen. And this was also the first episode where I thought he was attractive.