Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Revolution - The Love Boat (1x16) - Episode Discussion

THE LOVE BOAT

Episode Description

MILES REMAINS WARY AS NEVILLE CLAIMS TO BE ON HIS SIDE AND THE GANG MAKES A DARING RESCUE, WHILE RACHEL AND AARON FACE THE MILITIA – Miles (Billy Burke) and Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) find themselves fighting for the same cause but Miles still doesn’t trust him. And Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos), Jason (JD Pardo) and Nora (Daniella Alonso) attempt to pull off a daring river rescue of Dr. Stephen Camp (Timothy Busfield) to keep deadly anthrax out of the hands of Monroe (David Lyons). Meanwhile Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Aaron (Zak Orth) are captured and threatened by Militia forces.

Also starring Colm Feore and Tom Nowicki.
(source)

Promos

Promo 1 (00:31)

Sneak Peeks

Miles and Neville (01:02)
Aaron and Rachel (00:54)

Promotional Photos

You can check out the rest of the promo pics for this episode here.

Ratings

6.06 million viewers (18-49: 2.0/5)

Reviews

____

Last edited by Hawthorn; 05-14-2013 at 09:44 AM
Old 05-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

Preliminary ratings are out:

Quote:
10:00PM NBC Revolution 6.35 million viewers (18-49: 2.1/6)

Source
And the half hour numbers:

Quote:
10:00 p.m.

NBC – Revolution
Viewers: 6.91 million (#3), A18-49: 2.3/ 6 (#1)

———-

10:30 p.m.

NBC – Revolution
Viewers: 5.78 million (#3), A18-49: 1.9/ 5 (#1t)

Source
It will probably be adjusted down to a 2.0 in the finals, but at least it's an improvement compared to last week.

ETA:

Revolution was indeed adjusted down a tenth to a 2.0 in the finals, but retention out of The Voice was slightly better than usual this week at 49%:

Quote:
10:00PM NBC Revolution 6.06 million viewers (18-49: 2.0/5)

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-07-2013 at 02:08 PM
Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the numbers. If the show could keep steady at 2.0, I bet the network would be happy.

I haven't watched the episode yet, hopefully I will catch up tonight.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Good episode for Rachel.

The man was going to kill her because she stole the food the man was going to share with his family, just like she did when that random guy wanted to get the food she was going to share with her family. Well, not exactly, the random guy wanted all the food and Rachel just wanted a tiny piece of food and she gave the food back to the man anyway. But it's nice to see her on the other side now.

It's cool to get to know a little bit more of the Plain Nations. It looks like that's a place where is every man for himself or every group of people for themselves. No rules to follow. I'm not sure, but until now we didn't see any militia or any leader. Those guys were normal people with guns and horses. All I remember about the Plain Nations is that once they did an agreement with the Georgia Federation to fight against the Monroe Republic. There were some small battles against the Monroe Republic militia. Bass was annoyed about it.

So Miles finally did a good thing. He gave a gun to Rachel.

I really like scientist Rachel, but I can't resist Liz and guns. I ship them and when it is a damn rifle! So it was awesome when she killed the first man and more awesome yet when she got that rifle to kill another man. I hope they get those rifles. They can be useful and it would mean more Liz and a rifle, which is a great partnership.

Talking about partnerships, I really enjoyed Rachel and Aaron working together to defeat the men. And Aaron helping Rachel with the fractured leg. I like when they help each other. Now we know why Rachel didn't want Aaron to help her. Because he is in the book!

And Rachel said she doesn't know why Aaron is in the book. I'm not sure if I believe it or not. Because I'm not sure if everything Rachel said to Aaron is the truth. Rachel knows why and how the blackout happened, but she told Aaron she doesn't know what went wrong at the Tower. Well, if she knows how the blackout happened and we also know she knew it would happen, then she should know what went wrong. She probably doesn't know exactly how to fix it and that's why she needed Jane, but she should know what went wrong. So maybe she knew about Aaron being important and somehow involved with the blackout all this time.

I don't think Rachel would leave Aaron behind like she said she would if they were just trying to survive a post blackout dangerous world. She would stay and help him. But that's not the case. Getting to the Tower and turning the power back on means the world to her. So I think she really would leave him behind if she didn't need him. When she begs Aaron to go and leave her to die you can see it is really important to her. She is full of guilty and wants to do it at all costs. Even at the cost of her own life.

The compound fracture was horrible to watch because that's a compound fracture. Rachel's pain felt very real. It looks very serious. If Rachel wasn't played by Liz, I'd say she's dead. But that's Liz, so I don't think Rachel will die. Now I wonder how she's going to recover from such a serious injury without antibiotics and that's a problem. If she gets an infection, she's gone. The nanorobots would help her only if she had the implant inside her body and I think the implant would have to be programmed to tell the nanorobots exactly what they have to do. Anyway, Rachel won't get an infection, so she will be okay. But Aaron will probably have to carry her for a while because she can't walk with a broken bone.

So Rachel was the magical scientist and now Jane knows more than her and Aaron is more important than her. Oh well. At least she's not with Miles. And what about Randall? He just gave up on Rachel? I thought he would know by now that she's going to the Tower because he wanted her more than any other scientist. His new crush is Bass, so I completely understand him forgetting about Rachel.

It's always nice to see Grace, but that ending was weird. There is a monster inside the Tower? I obviously read what was written in that article about Aaron and it is about artificial intelligence. So maybe that's a clue and whatever is inside that elevator is related to it. It could be a robot created to be a security system to avoid unauthorized people to go beyond the level 7? Maybe that's why they would need Aaron. To control the robot that was created with Aaron's software.

I like that Tom now is working with the rebels because it means we're going to get lots of Tom, which is always great. The character is vile, but charismatic. I was rooting for him the entire episode. And the actor is just too good and a gentleman in real life that I just really like him and his character. Loved when he explained to Jason why he's working for the Georgia Federation even though that happened mainly because of Tom himself and not because his son became a traitor. It looks like he's going to lose to Miles all the time, just like Bass. I was hoping he would do something to Miles because of what he did to Julia. Guess that's not going to happen because he's adoring Miles saying how great it is to work with him.

So Julia got hypothermia and almost died. Good that she didn't. I really like her.

I was rooting for Nora too. I was so glad that she finally was questioning Miles. I was rooting for her to help the doctor and his family. But. Miles had to end up saving the day again. Boring. But. In the End. Nora had to be all up on Miles. Disappointing. I really don't get what's so special about Miles.

Good to see Charlie caring about the innocent people and knocking some sense into Miles. Obviously that whole thing with Miles caring about his men in the last episode was a bluff. It's the third episode in a row that Rachel comes to Charlie's mind. I wonder what's going to be her reaction when she finds out that Miles asked her mother to leave her family and go to the militia and when Rachel asked him to promise she would see her kids again he said nothing. It probably won't change anything because it will be all blamed on Bass.

Talking about Bass... his great contribution to the episode was being shirtless and sexy. I think it's funny he gets in a bad temper and threatening every time someone starts judging his actions, except when it is Rachel. I really miss seeing these two together.