Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Revolution - Everyone Says I Love You (2x09) - Episode Discussion

Everyone Says I Love You

Episode Description

NEVILLE REACTS TO A SURPRISE – The relationship between Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Gene (Stephen Collins) remains strained as Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) shows her mom how much she’s grown. Meanwhile, Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) gives Jason (JD Pardo) a determined proclamation.

Also starring: David Lyons, JD Pardo, Zak Orth, Jessica Collins, Steven Culp, Nicole Ari Parker and David Aaron Baker.
(source)

Promos

Promo 1 (00:30)

Sneak Peeks

-

Promotional Photos

You can check out the rest of the promo pics for this episode here.

Ratings

Reviews

____
Old 11-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Preliminary ratings:
Quote:
5.25 million (1.4/4 in the 18-49 demo)
8:00 p.m. - 5.50 million (#3), A18-49: 1.5/ 4 (#3t)

8:30 p.m. - 4.99 million (#4), A18-49: 1.3/ 4 (#4)
source

Back to 1.4.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Just posting the final ratings for archive's sakes:

Quote:
8:00PM NBC Revolution 5.37 million viewers (18-49: 1.4/4)

Source
I think the next episode is going to air January 8, 2014.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Extreme Fan

And two weeks later...

JULIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's back. She's alive. She makes up for lost time. She's greedy. She wants power.

Welcome back, Julia!!!

I really wish she could become a regular. So we could see Julia and Tom doing devilish things together week after week.

So happy that she came back fulfilling her Lady Macbeth potential. I wanted this to happen and it happened! Can't believe it. That's really cool.

Loved when Julia explains to Tom why she had to get married and Tom nods in agreement even though he hates that she's with someone else. And loved her smile when Tom says he was going to kill the President for her.

Jason's face when he sees Julia.

Hopefully their relationship won't be messed up just to shock the viewers. They're perfect the way they are. Don't mess with it, writers! They have to talk about Julia's supposedly unfaithfulness though.

This was one of the few good things that happened in this episode. Actually, it was a great thing. It's always nice when this show makes me really excited/happy about something. I mean, it rarely happens.

The other 4 good things were:

Rachel telling Charlie she loves her. And Charlie saying she loves her too.

Rachel wanting to go back for Gene and regretting her actions and wanting to talk to him and explain her feelings. She's finally realizing her relationship with Gene is not very different than her relationship with Charlie. And it's her father, so... she should forgive him. Charlie saying to Rachel she will see her father again just made me realize they never properly talked about Ben. Which is a shame.

Miles using Bass' son to blackmail him. That's probably the second time I actually fully supported something Miles did. The first was when he donated blood to Nora. Bass deserved it so much. What goes around comes around, Bass!

Bass' obsession with Miles is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws confetti*

Now he's obsessed with mini-Bass. Which makes perfect sense, since he has always craved family more than anything because of all the tragedies in his life. But I don't want to see him obsessed with his son. Needing him all the time. I'm hoping to see a more healthy relationship. Something that doesn't remind me of his relationship with Miles. I'm curious to see Bass meeting his son and I want the son to be a good thing for him. To bring him some emotional fullfilment. To be part of his redemption arc. But please, do not make the boy become an obsession to Bass. I like that Bass seems to realize (based on his words to Rachel) that his son won't like him because of the bad things he did, especially the bad things against Emma.

And I like that Bass is not giving a damn about what Miles wants. I like that he's not willing to help Miles. He just wants to know where's his son to go after him with or without Miles. I like that he wants to do his own thing. Even though the writers want to redeem the character, I like that Bass is not becoming completely good (aka Saint Miles). I like that he thinks about himself first. At the same time, I feel that he owes so much to Rachel that would be really nice if he actually helps them because he thinks that's a way to make up for the bad things he did against her and a way to be grateful for Rachel saving him.

I liked that Bass tried to talk with Rachel though and Rachel's side eye. Rachel, if you don't want Bass speaking with you, just stop walking very close to him. And if he looks at you, just don't look back at him.

Actually, Rachel shouldn't even be there with them. Rachel was thinking a lot about her father. The Rachel that I know would have gone after him. Because when she's obsessed about something... yeah, it's weird that she stayed with them. It would have been much better if she had gone after Gene because Charlie would have gone with her too. Mother and daughter rescuing the grandpa. It would have been a much better episode. But God forbid Rachel and Charlie doing something without Miles! God Forbid the ladies doing something without needing the men! God Forbid Rachel disagreeing with Miles or not needing Miles!

So the nanites evolved, became some sort of AI and and they are doing what Aaron wants them to do. It was really predictable the show would go there because Aaron's program is related to AI. I guess the AI/nanites can turn the lights on, if Aaron's mind tells them to do it. But it would destroy the nanites. They won't like this idea and they will get mad, right? The kid is a representation of the young naive nanites, but as soon as their intelligence surpasses the human intelligence, they will become very dangerous. That's the predictable route. Maybe the show will do something different.

I guess Aaron will make them cure Miles. And if they will cure Miles, they will have to cure Cynthia too. While the nanites and Aaron are buddies, everyone is safe (Aaron, Cynthia, Miles, Rachel, Gene, Charlie and Bass). I'm almost sure the nanites will rebel. Or they won't be with Aaron all the time. Maybe Aaron will go to Spring City all by himself. Or only Aaron and Cynthia.

Dr. Horn was hit by a bus burned alive. I didn't think it was going to be so soon after two precious flashbacks wasted focused on him.

Never ever again I will say that I'd like to see flashbacks of Rachel and flashbacks of Miles.

I thought the writers were going to retcon only the torture. It looks like they're going to retcon all the flashbacks from episode 1x17. At least the ones they can. In episode 1x17, we see Miles telling Rachel he cared about her and always thought she felt the same way. It doesn't make any sense now since Miles is the one that "broke up" with Rachel and even said she should move on and start a family with Ben. I can understand him wishing she still felt the same way when he visited the family, but I can't understand him saying he always thought she felt the same way as if Rachel was the one refusing his love. Well Miles, if you say she should move on, then you shouldn't be disappointed she didn't felt the same way. It doesn't make any sense.

Until now, I'm pretty sure 100% of the audience was thinking Rachel was the one who "broke up" with Miles and left him heartbroken because she thought what they're doing was wrong. Especially after Rachel said she regretted what she had with him, although everyone and their mother knew Rachel was lying.

Unless Miles was trying to manipulate her when he said he always thought she felt the same way.

But I still think it's retconning in order to make Miles look more noble.

By the end of the season, I'm expecting to see Saint Miles being canonized.

Not to mention that by making Miles more sympathetic, the writers are doing a disservice to Rachel in the process because she doesn't seem to care about Ben's feelings. She was willing to leave Ben for Miles and stayed with Ben because...? I'm sure Rachel loved Ben. She can't get rid of the wedding ring until now. Even after she hurt her hand. Rachel and Miles will and she will be wearing the ring. But if she loved Ben, would she want him to live a "lie" with her? Would she want to make him suffer? That's why I hope Ben always knew Rachel loved Miles more than him and that Charlie is Miles' daughter. At least, it would make things less worse.

I really like Rachel. But her need love for Miles...

I wrote all of this and I didn't talk about Charlie and Bass. Lately, I've been indifferent to them. I enjoyed their dynamic better in the beginning of the season. And of course, in my mind Bass keeps saving Charlie because "no matter what I've done to you before, you got to believe me... I don't want to let another one of your kids get hurt".

Okay writers. Rachel and Miles can love each other as much as you want. Bass and Charlie can team up as much as you want. As long as you give me Rachel and Bass having some intensely deep conversations. I'd approve that.

Obviously, I'm very sad with the lack of Rachel and Bass.

Thanks God Julia is back!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So the nanites evolved, became some sort of AI and and they are doing what Aaron wants them to do. It was really predictable the show would go there because Aaron's program is related to AI. I guess the AI/nanites can turn the lights on, if Aaron's mind tells them to do it. But it would destroy the nanites. They won't like this idea and they will get mad, right? The kid is a representation of the young naive nanites, but as soon as their intelligence surpasses the human intelligence, they will become very dangerous. That's the predictable route.
I'm suspecting the same thing. The whole storyline with the nanites reminds me a lot of the Cylon storyline on Battlestar Galactica. On BSG, the Cylons started out as robots created by man, but they later evolved, turned on their creators and got engaged in a lengthy war with humanity. I wouldn't be surprised if the plot on Revolution is ultimately headed in a similar direction.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 12-02-2013 at 08:49 PM
Old 12-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Extreme Fan

As soon as they started to talk about AI, I thought about self aware machines. I actually thought those people inside the Tower were robots or transhumans. And I was very glad they were just normal people because I didn't want to see the show following this path.

Mainly because it's not something new. It's been done before. And I'd rather see the nanites being just related to the blackout and not becoming such an important part of the story.

They can do anything they want with the evolved nanites anyway. I'm curious to know if they will go beyond the predictable.

The truth is that I'll always be frustrated with what this show could have been. I thought the show would be about the collapsed society. The world without electricity/technology and how people are living without them through the eyes of the main characters and their relationships.

If I could choose, I'd see more anarchy, bandits, militias, warlords, steam engines. And a more social/ethical/political/psychological POV instead of sci-fi/fantasy. I like fantasy a lot and a little bit of sci-fi. But for this show, that's not what I expected/wanted to see.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
The truth is that I'll always be frustrated with what this show could have been. I thought the show would be about the collapsed society. The world without electricity/technology and how people are living without them through the eyes of the main characters and their relationships.

If I could choose, I'd see more anarchy, bandits, militias, warlords, steam engines. And a more social/ethical/political/psychological POV instead of sci-fi/fantasy. I like fantasy a lot and a little bit of sci-fi. But for this show, that's not what I expected/wanted to see.
Same here. I don't know if you've heard, but AMC has recently ordered a pilot for a show with a very similar premise to Revolution's:

Quote:
Galyntine:

Galyntine is a wholly-original vision rooted in a both fantasy/action adventure and science-fiction. Our pilot takes place at a time after a cataclysmic technology-induced disaster has resulted in a new society that has eschewed any form of technology. This catastrophic event leaves small numbers of survivors scattered around the planet and forced to adapt to isolation and unique challenges. Galyntine will explore a post-apocalyptic world in which humanity has evolved – with some strange detours. Galyntine is a man’s journey of discovery through a changed world and its mysterious people. The project is written by Jason Cahill (Halt and Catch Fire, Fringe, Surface, Profiler) and executive produced by Cahill and Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead, This Is The End, Oz The Great And Powerful, Transformers). David Zucker and Ridley Scott will also executive produce through Scott Free’s (The Good Wife, Numb3rs) first-look deal with AMC.

Source
It's too early to tell, but maybe this show will make better use of the premise than Revolution. They have certainly scored some good producers for this project, so here's hoping for it anyway.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I heard about it, but I didn't get to read the article to see the description. It looks interesting. Why the protagonist has to be a man though?

Maybe on cable a show like this one has more chances to be great. And maybe Revolution too could have been a much better show if it was on cable.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
Why the protagonist has to be a man though?
Unfortunately, AMC is one of those cable networks that rarely have shows with a female protagonist. The only recent AMC show I can think of that had one is The Killing. All the others revolve(d) around male characters (Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, Mad Men, Rubicon). I remember they once had an alien invasion drama in development that was supposed to center on a female lead, but I don't know if it ever reached the pilot stage.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:59 AM
Extreme Fan

That's sad, considering this cable channel has some very successful and critically acclaimed TV shows. And I want to believe it's not exactly because they have male leads, it's because of the writing/acting/production. So a show with a female character could also be a good quality TV show, given the quality of most of their shows.