Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Revolution - Dead Man Walking (2x06) - Episode Discussion

Dead Man Walking

Episode Description

MILES CONSIDERS THE CONSEQUENCES OF MONROE’S ACTIONS – As Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos), Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Gene (Stephen Collins) question Monroe’s (David Lyons) true allegiance, Miles (Billy Burke) himself is weary of his former friend’s intentions. Meanwhile, Aaron (Zak Orth) continues to have visions that lead to endless questions.

Also starring Giancarlo Esposito, JD Pardo and Nicole Ari Parker.
(source)

Promos

Promo 1 (00:30)
Promo 2 (00:10)

Sneak Peeks

Clip 1 (02:46)

Promotional Photos

You can check out the rest of the promo pics for this episode here.

Ratings

Reviews

____
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread
Old 10-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this thread, Fran.

I'll have to download the episode and watch it again because my live stream kept dying on me and I missed a lot, but I quickly wanted to comment on these 3 things:

1) I was right about Gene. He is a member of the Patriots.

2) Miles knew about Monroe's son with Emma the whole time and kept that from him. I thought that was a bit of a dick move because Miles knew that much of Monroe's despair was caused by the death of his family and as we have learned in this episode, he was also in a relationship with a woman post-blackout, got her pregnant and she and the baby died during child birth. That really pushed Monroe over the edge.

3) It looks like Rachel slipped some kind of temporary poison or paralysis drug into the syringe à la Romeo & Juliet. Monroe probably used the same stuff when he faked her death during her captivity. As much as Rachel may hate Monroe and want him dead, she knows that they need him to defeat the Patriots now that they have alligned themselves with Texas.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 10-30-2013 at 08:09 PM
Old 10-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Preliminary ratings are out:

Quote:
8:00PM NBC Revolution 4.91 million viewers (18-49: 1.4/4)

Source
I think this is the first time the show has had less than 5 million viewers, but on the upside, it looks like it has found it's ratings floor in the 18-49 demographic for now.

ETA:

And the final numbers:

Quote:
8:00PM NBC Revolution (8-901PM) 4.87 million viewers (18-49: 1.4/4)

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 10-31-2013 at 02:37 PM
Old 11-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Extreme Fan

This episode.

Did I get it right?

Rachel is saving Bass?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she did it all by herself?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She chose to save him?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel and only Rachel saved Bass!!!

Rachel is basically completely responsible for his rebirth?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me this is the truth!!!

It is fantastic! And very similar to what happened in Children of Men. Rachel kept Bass as a prisoner. She had full control over him (and he freaked out ). And she decided what to do. Their roles were reversed. Bass was the "captive".

It's the same thing here again, but on a much bigger scale. I love how Rachel is the one taking full control over the man who had complete control over her some months ago.

Now I'm pretty sure Bass is the one who faked Rachel's death. I'm also pretty sure I won't like the reason he did it.

And what's so amazing about what happened is that Rachel made Bass believe he was going to die and made him believe Rachel was killing him. She made him suffer. So she got her revenge. I love that his fate was in her hands (the same way her fate was in his hands when she was his prisoner) and I love that she got to feel how it is to watch him die.

When Rachel closes her eyes after Bass dies (and Gene closes his eyes too), I think this is very symbolic. You don't know exactly what she's feeling. If she's relieved or worried or conflicted. But it's symbolic because it's the end of the "Kill Bass" mission to Rachel. When we see her again, she is conflicted, but she begins to dig anyway. So I believe she will get over this obsession and she will move on. She has the Patriots, her father and her daughter to worry about.

It will take a long time for Rachel to forgive Bass though. I'm still not sure if she will ever be able to do it. Anyway it will be interesting to see their dynamic from now on. In a way, it's the beginning of a new chapter for both of them.

It's all awesome, but I think Rachel saved Bass because of Charlie. Because of what Charlie said to her. Charlie said if Rachel cared about her feelings, she would have asked how Charlie have been lately and she would've known that Charlie almost died and Bass saved her. There was also all the "my mom thinks she is smarter than everyone else and she actually is, but she is too focused/obsessed with what she wants she doesn't see anything else and doesn't realize that sometimes she can be wrong" thing.

So Rachel wanted to show Charlie she cares about Charlie's feelings. And she will use her "ten steps ahead of everyone" brain to show it. Seriously, I think what Charlie said was the catalyst to change Rachel's way of thinking. Otherwise, she wouldn't mind if Bass died. I still think Rachel herself can't kill him anyway. So it's much easier if the Patriots/Rangers do the dirty job.

But I liked a lot that when Miles asked if Rachel was the one who warned the Patriots of a possible jailbreak, she said it was her. But then she said she did it because of Charlie. She was worried Charlie would die and she didn't want to lose another child because of Bass. That's important. She did it because of Charlie, not exactly because she wanted Bass dead. And she didn't tell where he was or that he was the one who killed the Ranger.

I'm so glad it was Charlie herself who said to Rachel that Bass saved her life. That's the second time Rachel spared Bass' life because of Charlie. The first time created a brief clash between them since Charlie wanted to kill Bass. But Rachel let him go and gave Bass a chance. The second time is probably going to create a bond between them because Rachel did what Charlie wanted. She actually listened to Charlie and that's huge for Rachel. To let it go of something. In a weird way, Bass can be the cause of their bonding. I mean, Rachel is trying to make amends with Charlie by doing what she wants and saving Bass. Not to mention that by doing this Rachel is giving Bass another chance. It all makes me very happy.

I also loved that Danny was mentioned. Because that's the reason Rachel wants Bass dead. So it makes his "I'm sorry" much more powerful. He obviously was apologizing for everything he did, but it was Danny that was the worse thing.

And Rachel's face. I have to talk about her face when Gene injected Bass and when she sees him "dead". She wanted him to die so much, but she was clearly conflicted.

I'm hoping against hope that Bass' rebirth will make him a new man. He has to change after being given another chance to live. I hope his obsession about Miles will be completely gone. Maybe the way he sees things will change too. And Bass, you owe the world and more to Rachel. So you better do everything you possibly can for her. I will appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance.

The flashbacks! I have to talk about the flashbacks. Because they added very interesting details to the Rachel/Bass story. Really. Completely interesting.

Bass lost his whole family again. It broke my heart. Bass lost his whole family twice in 5 years! And I wonder if there was no blackout. If the girlfriend and the son would have survived. We know Rachel was partially responsible for the blackout. So she could be indirectly responsible for the deaths of Shelly and the child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, Rachel never had the intention to do any of this. I can't say the same about Bass with Ben and Danny. Anyway, it's awesome stuff.

The parallels between Rachel and Bass are infinite.

Really. If the writers don't explore this idea, they are stupid. IMHO, it would be a good way to bring the blackout back to Rachel's storyline. Because the writers seem to have forgotten she was partially responsible for it.

This was all about Rachel and Bass. The rest of the episode doesn't matter.

I'm not going to rant about Miles and his passiveness towards Bass. You know, the fact he watched his best friend spiral into madness and went along with it. Because I'm in love with this episode.

I'm not going to rant about Gene being a Patriot. Because I'm in love with this episode. And he clearly cares more about Rachel/Charlie than the Patriots, so he will put his family first. I hope.

I'm not going to rant about Julia being unfaithful. Out of freaking nowhere. Because I'm in love with this episode. It makes some sense though. Julia is/was a very ambitious woman. But please, stop destroying my ships! And they're totally setting up a romance between Tom and Justine. That's the only reason Julia is an unfaithful woman now. So Tom can move on so soon after her death without being considered a bad man/husband. Also, now that we know she's not very loyal to Tom, I won't be surprised if Julia is alive and is a Patriot.

Oh and the writer/journalist. Can we keep her on the show? I like her.

I loved this episode. It's the second best of the entire show, IMHO. The best is Children of Men.

I often complain , but I have to appreciate what the writers decided to do with the Rachel/Bass storyline. I thought it was a brilliant idea to have Rachel "kill" Bass, make him believe he's dying and make Rachel see what does it feel like to kill Bass and then she saves him. It's a perfect culmination of Rachel's so desired revenge. And now Bass can start his redemption without death. And he will be forever in debt with Rachel now. Which hopefully, will lead to some amazing retributions to Rachel through his redemption arc.

Very clever. And great job, writers. Great job.