Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2015, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Giancarlo has landed another project:

Quote:
Giancarlo Esposito set to helm satire This Is Your Death

You have Gus Fring involved in your movie these days, and I'm going to automatically pay attention. Seriously. Since BREAKING BAD Season 4, when Giancarlo Esposito's name comes up on a project, it has me at hello. And THIS IS YOUR DEATH is no different. It sure helps that the premise is interesting as hell, too, though.

Esposito is set to direct a satirical drama titled THIS IS YOUR DEATH that he'll also star in, alongside Josh Duhamel and Famke Janssen. At the center of the story is a reality show that has contestants ending their lives for the audience’s enjoyment.

Yeah, it's about to get awfully real for those who recognize the correlations to where we're at as a society today.

Duhamel would play a game show host who is chasing high ratings and this is the path his show has to take. Janssen is a network executive who is all about selling their souls to the devil in order to be #1 in their time slot. As for Esposito, he'll be portraying a man who has hit a rough patch in keeping his family afloat, so you know he's set to be a contestant that helps shine a lot on how F'd-up this entire concept is.

There is a sense of THE RUNNING MAN to this (Stephen King's print version, not the Schwarzenegger version), and it's all about watching the disaster of other people's lives from the comfort of our own homes - everything reality TV seems to be built on - so it'll be interesting to see how Esposito can pull this off and whether or not the messages of the film hit hard with those who catch it.

Source
This guy is on fire! Good for him.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:10 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Giancarlo will return to OUAT for it's 100th episode:

Quote:
Once Upon a Time exclusive: Giancarlo Esposito returning for 100th episode

Another day, another familiar face returning to Once Upon a Time for the 100th episode.

Giancarlo Esposito will reprise his role as Sidney Glass, a.k.a. the Magic Mirror, in the landmark episode, EW has learned exclusively.

The last we saw of Sidney, he had aligned himself with the Snow Queen (Elizabeth Mitchell), who freed him in exchange for working against Regina (Lana Parrilla).

Details on Sidney’s return are being kept under wraps. Esposito joins the previously announced Barbara Hershey, reprising her role as Cora, and Robbie Kay, back as Peter Pan. The 100th episode is slated to air as the spring premiere in early March.

In other news, EW has confirmed that Ally McBeal alum Greg Germann has landed a recurring role for the second half of he season. Details on his part are scarce, but TVLine reports that he’s playing a role referred to as “The Distinguished Gentleman.” He’ll first appear in the 100th episode.

Once Upon a Time airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Source
This makes me wonder if there's any chance for Liz to appear on the show again - even if it's just in flashback form.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:27 AM
MST Manager

I hope she does!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

But it's not like those who won't be back will be missing much.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
But it's not like those who won't be back will be missing much.
Yeah, personally, I wouldn't need to see Liz on OUAT again because any future appearances would probably only amount to a cameo, but I'm sure many Once fans would love to see her again, so it would be a nice thing for them if it happened.

Daniella has been cast in a new pilot:

Quote:
Daniella Alonso Joins ‘Animal Kingdom’ Pilot

Revolution alum Daniella Alonso has booked a series regular role opposite Scott Speedman in TNT’s drama pilot Animal Kingdom, from John Wells Prods. in association with Warner Horizon Television. The pilot centers on 17-year-old Joshua “J” Cody (Finn Cole), who moves in with his wild, freewheeling grandmother (Ellen Barkin) and uncles in their Southern California beach town after his mother ODs. He is pulled into their life of indulgence and excess and soon discovers that it’s all being funded by the bank robberies they commit. Alonso, repped by Luber Roklin Entertainment and Gersh, will play Catherine, Baz’s (Speedman) de facto wife, and the mother of their 3-year- old daughter, Lena.

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 11-21-2015 at 04:42 PM
Old 11-19-2015, 07:22 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news!
Old 11-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good luck to Daniella!
I hope she gets a good gig as a way for the universe to make up for how crappily her character was treated on Revolution.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:28 PM
MST Manager

I hope so!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Some pics of David taken at yesterday's Winter TCA's:

Quote:
Old 01-15-2016, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Sony has released a first trailer and poster for 'Money Monster' (co-starring Giancarlo Esposito):

Old 01-17-2016, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Giancarlo continues to be everyyyywhere. Good for him!

And thanks for the pics of David. I wasn't exactly blown away by the trailer for his new series, but I'll check out at least the first couple of episodes after they come out, when I have time.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
And thanks for the pics of David. I wasn't exactly blown away by the trailer for his new series, but I'll check out at least the first couple of episodes after they come out, when I have time.
I feel the same way. The trailer was very underwhelming, but I'll probably still check out the pilot. Hopefully, the trailer will turn out to be misleading and it won't be as blah as it looks.

Quote:
Giancarlo continues to be everyyyywhere. Good for him!
Case in point:

Walt Disney has released an official poster and movie trailer for The Jungle Book (co-starring Giancarlo Esposito):

This, on the other hand, looks pretty damn good.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I feel the same way. The trailer was very underwhelming, but I'll probably still check out the pilot. Hopefully, the trailer will turn out to be misleading and it won't be as blah as it looks.
I just couldn't see how they would have a whole series when the trailer looked like one for a self-conclusive movie, but like you I hope to be proven wrong when I see the actual thing.

And now for the shallow moment of the day: bring back the facial hair, David!

I had already seen the Jungle Book trailer and it does look good, indeed! I know there are already a million versions of it out there, but still - this one looks very luscious, and I'm a sucker for great visuals.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Daniella's pilot, Animal Kingdom, has been picked up to series. Here's a trailer and a description for the show:

Quote:

The series centers on 17-year-old Joshua “J” Cody (Cole), who moves in with his freewheeling relatives in their Southern California beach town after his mother dies of a heroin overdose. Headed by boot-tough matriarch Janine “Smurf” Cody (Barkin) and her right-hand Baz (Speedman), who runs the business and calls the shots, the clan also consists of Pope (Hatosy), the oldest and most dangerous of the Cody boys; Craig (Robson), the tough and fearless middle son; and Deran (Weary), the troubled, suspicious “baby” of the family. Also prominent are Nicky (Gordon), J’s steady girlfriend, and Catherine (Alonso), Baz’s de facto wife and the mother of their 3-year-old daughter, Lena.

It isn’t long before Josh is pulled into the family’s life of indulgence and excess, but he soon discovers that it’s all being funded by criminal activities. Joining the family comes with more danger and excitement than he might be ready to handle.

And Netflix has released an official trailer + description for The Get Down (co-starring Giancarlo Esposito):

Quote:

The Get Down focuses on 1970s New York City - broken down and beaten up, violent, cash strapped -- dying. Consigned to rubble, a rag-tag crew of South Bronx teenagers are nothings and nobodies with no one to shelter them - except each other, armed only with verbal games, improvised dance steps, some magic markers and spray cans. From Bronx tenements, to the SoHo art scene; from CBGBs to Studio 54 and even the glass towers of the just-built World Trade Center, The Get Down is a mythic saga of how New York at the brink of bankruptcy gave birth to hip-hop, punk and disco -- told through the lives and music of the South Bronx kids who changed the city, and the world...forever.