Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLastDayWithoutYou (View Post)
Quantico looks really good
Agreed. The first few minutes of the trailer look very soapy, but that's probably just the introductory part of the story. The actual plot, on the other hand, looks very interesting.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all that information and previews!

I don't know the book it's based from, but Zoo looks like something SyFy would air before the new Sharknado sequel. Hmmm.
And I'll just say nothing about Mall Cop 2, because it's the kindest thing I can do.
The Guide to Surviving Life should tell us how to survive a full episode of that unfunny mess, first.
Quantico has potential but I expect it to get really messy really fast, like most conspiracy themed series. And they stole that beginning for what I assume will be main pairing of the show right from Grey's Anatomy, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Yeah, it does sound interesting. Since when do you have a crush on Josh Hartnett, by the way?
Since Penny Dreadful and his playing a precious bisexual werewolf with a heart of gold ruined me. The long hair and facial hair, along with the period clothes, helped.
I never paid any attention to him and in my Lost days I always bitched about him popping up when I was looking for stuff about Josh Holloway due to their names being a bit similar, but the universe decided to have fun with me and make me swallow back all my old dismissive comments.

Now we need a trailer for Game of Silence.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Since Penny Dreadful and his playing a precious bisexual werewolf with a heart of gold ruined me. The long hair and facial hair, along with the period clothes, helped.
I never paid any attention to him and in my Lost days I always bitched about him popping up when I was looking for stuff about Josh Holloway due to their names being a bit similar, but the universe decided to have fun with me and make me swallow back all my old dismissive comments.
Ah, thanks. I haven't watched Penny Dreadful yet, but I should probably give it a try, soon.

Quote:
Now we need a trailer for Game of Silence.

Sadly, there's still no trailer for Game of Silence, but I have found one for Maze Runner 2: The Scorch Trials (co-starring Giancarlo Esposito):

Old 06-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

First official trailer for 99 Homes (co-starring Tim Guinee):

I think this film looks very interesting. I could see myself watching it.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll pass on The Scorch Trials - the first book of the Maze Runner series is among the worst novels I read in 2014.
Although, on the bright side, the movie adaptation must be an improvement. I mean, you can't go for less empty and boring than the book, so, eh,

99 Homes looks interesting, indeed! And I love Laura Dern.

Thanks for the videos.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

^ You're welcome.

A&E has cancelled The Returned (Mat Vairo was part of the main cast):

Quote:
‘Bates Motel’ Renewed For 2 Seasons By A&E, ‘The Returned’ Not Coming Back

A&E is sticking with its flagship drama series, Bates Motel, giving the Psycho prequel a two-season, 20-episode pickup. The renewal is for Seasons 4 and 5, with the network stopping short of setting an end date for the series. Meanwhile, the new drama that launched behind Bates Motel‘s most recent third season, The Returned, has been cancelled and won’t return for a second season. While doing a little better than Bates‘ companion last year, the swiftly cancelled Those Who Kill, The Returned, a remake of the acclaimed French drama, couldn’t get much traction or buzz.

Down from Season 2, Bates Motel still drew a sizable audience, opening Season 3 with 2.1 million viewers in Live+same day and ending it with 1.7 million. The Returned launched with 1.5 million and closed out its maiden season with a 945,000 viewers. A&E already hinted at The Returned‘s fate by picking up a potential new companion for Bates, another offshoot from a classic movie, The Omen sequel Damien.

Source
That ... was ... quick, but Mat should fall back on his feet eventually.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry about that. I doubt the show could be as good as the original, though, so not a great loss - people can just watch the original series, instead.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

I completely missed the news, but Zak already has a new gig:

Quote:
‘Wet Hot American Summer’ A Go As Netflix Limited Series; Original Cast To Return

David Wain’s long quest to get a follow-up to his cult 2001 feature comedy Wet Hot American Summer off the ground is officially over. After months of deal-making and prep work, I’ve learned that filming has started this week on an 8-episode limited series for Netflix based on the film, with virtually its entire ensemble cast returning.

That includes Elizabeth Banks, H. Jon Benjamin, Michael Ian Black, Bradley Cooper, Judah Friedlander, Janeane Garofalo, Nina Hellman, Ken Marino, Zak Orth, David Hyde Pierce, Joe LoTruglio, Christopher Meloni, A.D. Miles, Marguerite Moreau, Amy Poehler, Paul Rudd, Marisa Ryan, Molly Shannon, Michael Showalter and Kevin Sussman.

Wain and Michael Showalter, who wrote the movie, created the limited series, with Wain reprising directing duties. The two are executive producing alongside the film’s producer Howard Bernstein, Jonathan Stern and Peter Principato.

The film, set on the last day at a fictional Jewish summer camp in 1981, failed at the box office but went on to gain popularity in the afterlife, achieving a cult status. Helping its cause was the fact that a lot of then up-and-comers in the cast went on to become stars, like Rudd, Cooper, Poehler, and Banks.

This is the second revival of a cult project with a star-studded cast that Netflix has pulled off, following the new season of Arrested Development.

Source
Old 06-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Giancarlo has landed another project:

Quote:
Giancarlo Esposito to Get Down for Netflix Drama from Baz Luhrmann

Baz Luhrmann’s musical Netflix drama The Get Down is experiencing some divine intervention, courtesy of Breaking Bad alum Giancarlo Esposito.

Set in New York City during the birth of hip-hop, punk and disco in the 1970s, the series centers on a ragtag crew of South Bronx teenagers who have no one to shelter them except each other.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Esposito will play Pastor Ramon Cruz, the brother of Jimmy Smits’ character. Ramon is the charismatic head of the local Pentecostal church who attracts a flock of followers with his fiery sermons and firm leadership. His daughter Mylene (played by Herizen Guardiola) dreams of disco stardom, which puts her at odds with her dad.

The Get Down‘s 13-episode first season will debut on Netflix in 2016.

Source
Old 06-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Josh Holloway
Legacies

Thanks for the news!
Old 06-28-2015, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!

Anything concerning the musical genre is usually not my cup of tea, but I'm a bit curious about The Get Down.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Some pictures of Billy and Giancarlo from this year's SDCC:

Quote:
Old 07-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Giancarlo looked great.
Thanks for the pics!
Old 07-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

That's awesome, thanks!
otherwise you will threaten the man." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Old 08-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Do you guys still remember the recurring role Secretary Justine Allenford? The actress who played her, Nicole Ari Parker, is going to play Morris Chestnut's girlfriend on his new show Rosewood:

Quote:
Nicole Ari Parker To Recur On ‘Rosewood’

Soul Food alumna Nicole Ari Parker has been cast in a recurring role on Fox’s new fall drama series Rosewood, starring Morris Chestnut as famous Miami private pathologist Dr. Beaumont Rosewood Jr. Parker will play Rosewood’s attractive and successful new girlfriend Kat Crawford, a highly sought-after psychologist specializing in PTSD who often counsels police, soldiers and others who regularly encounter violence.

Parker currently toplines alongside her husband, actor Boris Kodjoe, syndicated daytime talker The Boris & Nicole Show, which is getting a summer test run on Fox stations. The actress, repped by Gersh and LINK Entertainment, recently recurred on TNT’s Murder In The First.

Source
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top