Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Just from the little I've seen of Stephen Collins, he sure didn't seem like a pedophile, but I guess this serves as just another reminder that no matter how many interviews we see or articles we read about a celebrity, we have no clue what they are really doing behind closed doors. I, too, was surprised that this story flew under the radar for so long and I am honestly a little bit disturbed by the people on the internet who make all kinds of excuses for Stephen Collin's despicable actions. And then people wonder why child molestation or rape victims have such a tough time to go public with their suffering...
People are making excuses for him?! How? He admitted it himself.
And also, why? I can't believe he or Seventh Heaven still has fans.
Quote:
And Fran, do you still remember the short film with David and Stephen that I told you about? Well, I just found this article. Talk about art imitating life:
Yikes. I feel bad for the director, who sure is in a somehow embarrassing situation now even if he has no fault whatsoever and worked with SC before the truth came out.
Quote:
Billy and Giancarlo have new projects:
I feel like Giancarlo is cursed or something - I saw him in the OUAT S4 premiere and kept wondering why he was thrown back into that, and now he's joined a franchise whose books are written by someone who doesn't even know how to put a fanfiction together (the first book was atrocious, although there is a chance the movie adaptations have miraculous screenplays and got something good out of the story and characters anyway. I didn't see the movie).
Old 10-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

[QUOTE=Hawthorn;78497759]
Yikes. I feel bad for the director, who sure is in a somehow embarrassing situation now even if he has no fault whatsoever and worked with SC before the truth came out.
QUOTE]

I was just thinking this. Poor guy, he couldn't have guessed that about SC when he cast him, and now, knowing the truth, his film will be getting attention for all the wrong reasons.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:30 AM
New Fan

Well, husbands are able to hide it from their wives as they do it on their own childrens, so forget seeing it in interviews.

I don't want to judge him directly as he seems more mentally sick, but that his confession surfaced only two years after feels very disturbing to me. It is to the advantage of the victims that these abuses are revealed out of taboo as much as possible, as often shame and fear to be unable to stand against the molestators prevent them from reporting them to justice. And as I understood one of the victims did report but it went nowhere, probably for lack of evidence. That's why it is important that he is properly condamned even after all this time to serves as an example to both molestators and victims that these crimes don't stay unpunished.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
People are making excuses for him?! How? He admitted it himself.
And also, why? I can't believe he or Seventh Heaven still has fans.
I know it sounds crazy, but it's happening. The silly excuses range from "the tape is fake" to "he was just rehearsing lines for a new project". I wonder what kind of people his defenders are. Are they just internet trolls or could they possibly be secret pedophiles who are standing up for one of their own kind?

Quote:
I feel bad for him, too - especially considering that the film did very well on the festival circuit before all of this went down...

Quote:
And as I understood one of the victims did report but it went nowhere, probably for lack of evidence.
Unfortunately, the cases went nowhere because the statute of limitations had already run out. Looks like Stephen Collins will get away with his crimes. His acting career is probably done and dusted though, so there's that at least. Hopefully, his victims are able to cope with the tragic situation to the best of their abilities.

BTW, Penance is now available for download at Vimeo if anyone wants to check it out.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Some Tracy Spiridakos news:

Quote:
Revolution Alum Joins Bates Motel

Revolution‘s Tracy Spiridakos is adding a little electricity to Bates Motel.

TVLine has learned that the actress is joining the A&E thriller’s upcoming third season in the recurring role of Annika Johnson, a mystery woman who shows up at the motel.

Our theory (based solely on the fact that they would make a smoking’ hot couple): Annika will catch the eye of Norma’s oldest son, Dylan.

This marks Bates Motel‘s second major Season 3 hire, following last week’s casting of Sons of Anarchy vet Ryan Hurst as an onscreen rival to Kenny Johnson’s Caleb.

Bates Motel is set to reopen in March 2015.

Source
Nice to see her score a recurring role on a critically acclaimed show.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Billy is returning to 'Major Crimes':

Quote:
Stroh, No! Billy Burke to Reprise Closer Villain in Major Crimes Two-Parter

One of The Closer‘s most loathsome creatures will finally appear on TNT’s Major Crimes in the slithery flesh, when Billy Burke reprises his role as Phillip Stroh in a wintertime two-parter, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Burke last portrayed the legal lizard/serial rapist/murderer in The Closer‘s August 2012 series finale, when Brenda risked her career to prove him guilty of murder.

The character has since been mentioned on the spin-off Major Crimes and most notably had his legal fate (seemingly?) sealed by testimony from Captain Sharon Raydor’s ward, former street rat Rusty Beck — though Stroh himself was a no-show at the pre-trial hearing (meaning Burke did not appear on screen).

When Stroh actually resurfaces — in the final two episodes of Season 3, airing Jan. 12 and 19 — he has fired his counsel (sorry, Seven of Nine!) and is now acting as his own attorney. To that end, he wants a new deal, and just may have the leverage to get one.

Burke’s other TV credits include Revolution, Rizzoli & Isles and My Boys.

TNT’s Major Crimes resumes Season 3 on Monday, Nov. 24. How excited are you for Stroh’s long-anticipated encore?

Source
Old 11-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

I have found a trailer and a short synopsis for Giancarlo's upcoming movie "Poker Night":

Quote:
When you become a detective in Warsaw Indiana - you go to Poker Night, where you play against some of the best cops in the business. They tell you stories about their time on the job - their successes and failures. When new Detective Stan Jeter leaves the game, he is caught by a vicious psychopath and locked in a basement. Using the stories he heard at Poker Night, he must match wits against his captor - and save not only himself, but the young girl trapped in the basement with him. Like Seven and Usual Suspect, Poker Night combines thrills and twists and turns that will leave you guessing till the very end.

Source
Old 11-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Finally some David Lyons casting news:

Quote:
‘Revolution’ Alum David Lyons to Play '60 Minutes’ EP in Dan Rather Movie ‘Truth’ (Exclusive)

He'll play Cate Blanchett's immediate supervisor Josh Howard in James Vanderbilt's directorial debut

“Revolution” alum David Lyons will join Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford in James Vanderbilt‘s directorial debut “Truth,” which chronicles Dan Rather's fall from grace, TheWrap has learned.
Blanchett stars as Rather's producer Mary Mapes, who wrote the memoir “Truth and Duty: The Press, the President and the Privilege of Power,” on which the film is based.

“Truth” explores the firestorm that erupted in September 2004 after Rather reported that George W. Bush had received special treatment while serving in the Air National Guard during the Vietnam War. After it came to light that some documents were suspected to be forgeries, Rather's reputation was badly damaged and Mapes was fired.
Redford will play Rather, and he'll be joined in the film by Elisabeth Moss, Dennis Quaid, Bruce Greenwood, Topher Grace and John Benjamin Hickey.
Lyons will play Josh Howard, an executive producer for “60 Minutes” and Mapes’ immediate supervisor, who got caught in the scandal and subsequent investigation that ultimately compromised Rather's reputation and long-standing relationship with CBS.

Vanderbilt wrote the script and is producing the film with Brad Fischer and William Sherak, among others. Production is currently under way.
Lyons recently starred in Lasse Hallstrom's “Safe Haven” and was a series regular on the NBC series “Revolution,” which was executive produced by J.J. Abrams. The Australian actor also appeared in the Julia Roberts movie “Eat Pray Love” and the Kate Beckinsale legal drama “The Trials of Cate McCall.”
Lyons is represented by CAA, Anonymous Content and United Management in Australia.

Source
David will be working with Cate Blanchett. Be still my heart!
Old 11-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Graham has a new project:

Quote:
AFM: Graham Rogers Starring in Drama ‘Life at These Speeds’

Graham Rogers has landed the lead in Content’s romantic drama “Life at These Speeds,” joining Douglas Booth, Billy Crudup, AnnaSophia Robb and Sam Rockwell.

“Life at These Speeds” is set to shoot later this fall with Leif Tilden directing from Mark Novak’s script. Content came on to the project at Cannes and has been selling international markets at AFM.

Rogers will portray a young man who — after his best friends die in a tragic accident — finds that running allows him to remember them perfectly. He soon finds himself caught between keeping the past alive and making new memories in the present.

Producers are Tom Butterfield (“The Trust”) and Scott Alvarez (“Down for Life”).

Rogers’ credits include “Love And Mercy,” “Struck By Lightning” and “Crazy Kind Of Love.” He also starred in the first season of NBC’s “Revolution.”

Rogers is repped by APA, Management 360, and Stone Meyer Genow Smelkinson and Binder LLP.

Source
Old 12-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do I even want to know what Stephen said? The fact that he won't be prosecuted because too much time has passed makes his statement even emptier than it would have been if he was on different legal grounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
David will be working with Cate Blanchett. Be still my heart!
Best news or best news? Yay!

First look at Tracy in a teaser trailer for the new season of Bates Motel:

Old 12-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video because it sickens me to see and hear him try and justify his behaviour, but I read the accompanying article instead.
He didn't seem sorry at all, only sorry that it came out. He even went so far as to play the victim card at 'not choosing for it to be made public'. It is actually quite disturbing to see how he can dismiss all of this as just a flaw that he has, and the sad thing is that I really think that he believes it himself. I am not saying that it is ever excusable, but when you are in your late 20s up until your late 40s(how old he was when the crimes occurred), committing crimes over a span of years, you are more than capable of knowing what you are doing is wrong and as far as I am concerned there is not a single thing that Stephen Collins can use as an excuse for why he did what he did.

This interview seems to be some desperate attempt, probably urged on by his publicist, to try and save his career. Hopefully no one is stupid enough to fall for that.

The only comfort I can take from this is that even though he can't be convicted, being in the public eye means that people are now aware of the kind of person he is. Unfortunately that doesn't undo the damage for the young girls he affected.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

I did watch the interview, but I'm not sure how much of what he was saying I'm willing to buy. He mentioned that when he placed the child's hand on his crotch in the early 1970's, he got no sexual gratification out of it and knew immediately what he did was wrong. If that's the case, why did he continue to molest children for 2 more decades? Why didn't he ask for help right away? I also noticed that he repeatedly referred to his victims as "women" - as if he was trying to minimize the damage he did. Anyways, I think SC may be better off laying low for a while. This interview surely didn't do him any good.

I found these pics of Billy and Giancarlo today. I think they are taken from Revolution's season 1 photoshoot for TV Guide magazine. Click on the thumbnails to get to the HQ versions:

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 01-06-2015 at 08:16 PM
Old 01-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Billy has a new show:

Quote:
Scoop: Billy Burke Joins CBS Drama Zoo

CBS’ Zoo has added a few new specimens.

Billy Burke (Revolution) and Kristen Connolly (House of Cards) will be series regulars in the thriller based on James Patterson’s novel, TVLine has learned.

Burke will play Mitch, a straightforward large-animal veterinarian who would rather hang out with animals than deal with humans and all of their complexities.

Connolly’s Jamie is described as “a passionate young journalist” who’s determined to get to the bottom of the strange animal behavior she’s tracking.

The forthcoming series follows young renegade biologist Jackson Oz (played by James Wolk, The Crazy Ones) trying to uncover the secret behind a wave of violent animal attacks against humans.

Previously announced cast members include Nora Arnezeder (Mozart in the Jungle) and Nonso Anozie (Game of Thrones).

Burke’s other credits include Rizzoli & Isles and Major Crimes (where this week he reprised his Closer role of Phillip Stroh), 24 and the Twilight films.

Connolly has appeared on As the World Turns, The Good Wife and Nurse Jackie, among others. She’ll next be seen in ABC’s midseason drama The Whispers.

Zoo is slated to premiere this summer.

Source
Old 01-25-2015, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

First set of promo pics of Mat Vairo in 'The Returned':

Source

They have styled him exactly like the Simon character in the French version. I think this show will be very much like 'The Killing', where they copy characters and various scenes directly from the original version, so if you have already seen Les Revenants, there's probably not much of a point in watching 'The Returned'.