Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great news! I'm glad for Daniella, Scott and the rest of the cast.
Still not feeling any desire to check out the show, though.

I feel like in the past month we've been getting news about the whole cast, minus Liz. Oy.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

I think I sort of predicted this on the first page:

Quote:
Exclusive: Giancarlo Esposito Returning to Once Upon a Time

Mirror, mirror on the wall, guess who's returning to Once Upon a Time this fall.

Giancarlo Esposito is set to reprise his role as Sidney Glass, otherwise known as the Magic Mirror, in the Season 4 premiere, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Details on the return of the intrepid Storybrooke reporter are being kept under wraps, though the last time viewers saw anything of Sidney Glass, it was on the nameplate of a locked door in the deep recesses of Storybrooke hospital.

The Season 4 premiere, fittingly titled "A Tale of Two Sisters," will also introduce Frozen characters Anna (Elizabeth Lail), Elsa (Georgina Haig) and Kristoff (Scott Michael Foster). Esposito's former Revolution co-star Elizabeth Mitchell was recently cast as a potential villain with ties to Anna and Elsa.

In addition to Revolution, Esposito is best known for his Emmy-nominated turn on Breaking Bad.

Once Upon a Time returns Sundays this fall on ABC. Are you excited for Esposito's return?

Source
Old 08-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Giancarlo is currently filming a new movie:

Quote:
Giancarlo Esposito Joins Musical Drama ‘Stuck'

Giancarlo Esposito has joined the cast of NYC-set musical drama Stuck, about six strangers trapped on a stalled subway train. Filming is underway with a cast that includes Amy Madigan and singer-actress Ashanti. Esposito will play Lloyd, a mysterious homeless man who might offer more wisdom than expected.

Stuck is adapted from the stage play by Riley Thomas, who co-scripted with director Michael Berry; the helmer is set to release his drama Frontera, also co-starring Madigan alongside Ed Harris, Eva Longoria, and Michael Peña, this month. Esposito starred on the recent NBC series Revolution and was just announced as joining the cast of Disney’s The Jungle Book. He’s also in pre-production on his own project Patriotic Treason which he’ll direct, produce, and co-star opposite Ed Harris in the period retelling of the saga of abolitionist John Brown. Esposito nabbed a Critics Choice Award for his Emmy-nominated turn as Gus Fring on Breaking Bad, and is set to return to ABC’s fantasy series Once Upon A Time as Magic Mirror/Sidney Glass/Genie in the show’s September 28 Season 4 premiere. He’s repped by ICM Partners, Thruline Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.

Source

And Zak Orth has landed a role on Elementary:

Quote:
Exclusive: Elementary Enlists Lost’s Sonya Walger, Revolution’s Zak Orth

Lost alum Sonya Walger and Revolution's Zak Orth have landed guest-starring roles on Elementary, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Walger will play Angela White, an Assistant U.S. Attorney whose high-profile case is derailed when her defendant is murdered. A tough-as-nails prosecutor with her eyes on a political career, Angela's ambitions might be dashed when Sherlock (Johnny Lee Miller) and Joan (Lucy Liu) uncover activities she finds difficult to explain.

Meanwhile, Orth will play Gabe Coleman, a distraught father whose family was torn apart by tragedy. While Sherlock and Joan suspect Gabe may be connected to a pair of murders, his actual involvement -- and motives -- turn out to be more complicated than first believed.

Orth and Walger join the growing list of stars heading to Elementary next season, including Gina Gershon, Raza Jaffrey and newcomer Ophelia Lovibond. Orth and Walger will first appear in Episode 2.

Source
Old 08-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the casting news, and congrats to both Giancarlo and Zak!

Random: there is a Daniella Alonso on Twitter - anyone knows if it's really her or an imposter?
Old 08-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Random: there is a Daniella Alonso on Twitter - anyone knows if it's really her or an imposter?
I have wondered that myself for a while. I suspect it might be an imposter because if it was really her, production companies of the projects she's starring in would probably link to that account when they are doing promo on Twitter.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
production companies of the projects she's starring in would probably link to that account when they are doing promo on Twitter.
Good thinking.
I saw that the account didn't have the verified logo, but if you have too few followers sometimes Twitter can take ages to approve the account, so you can never take it as ultimate proof.

How I wish David had had an account when the show was still going, btw.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How I wish David had had an account when the show was still going, btw.
Aww, me too. But from what I've gathered, David seems to be a very private person and he isn't very familiar with all the latest technology trends. He once said that he doesn't even know how to use a smart phone.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

What's up with people I like and their being technology & social networks allergic?
Even if he didn't want to share anything personal, he gives me the idea of somebody who would have interesting thoughts to share, even if he simply posted about acting and show business.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What's up with people I like and their being technology & social networks allergic?
I know the pain. Andrew Lincoln from The Walking Dead is yet another member of that species.

Quote:
Even if he didn't want to share anything personal, he gives me the idea of somebody who would have interesting thoughts to share, even if he simply posted about acting and show business.
Agreed. He seems like a very interesting person. I hope we'll hear of a new project for him soon. It feels like we've had casting news for every main cast member of Revolution already except for David and he's the one I'm most curious about...
Old 08-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Also posting the season 2 blooper reel here:

Old 09-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Agreed. He seems like a very interesting person. I hope we'll hear of a new project for him soon. It feels like we've had casting news for every main cast member of Revolution already except for David and he's the one I'm most curious about...
Not sure if he'll focus on working behind the camera or try to score more acting gigs in the near future.

Thanks again for the bloopers!

[x]

Old 09-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

^ That's a cute picture. Thanks for sharing it.

Quote:
Not sure if he'll focus on working behind the camera or try to score more acting gigs in the near future.
I think when David was interviewed by the owner of Fans of David Lyons, he mentioned that he was working on a feature film script with 2 of his high school friends. He may choose to focus on that project for a little while.

I have found a trailer for One Armed Man, a short film directed and produced by Tim Guinee. Apparently, the film has been doing so well on the festival circuit that they will submit it for Oscar consideration. Here's a short synopsis:

Quote:
CW Rowe has it all. He owns the cotton gin, making him the wealthiest man in Harrison, Texas, and his ascendance has solidified an unshakeable belief in the system that enriched him. Confident in his deserved success, CW is partial to lecturing anyone he feels will benefit from his advice. Few things ever interrupt the purity of his vision, with the exception of the weekly visit of a young man, Ned, who lost an arm in the gin’s machinery. Ned is a little touched and believes CW can give him his arm back. On a normal day, he goes away when CW offers him five dollars, but today is anything but a normal day.
I think the movie sounds interesting.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Oh my god, I just saw this:

Quote:
'7th Heaven' Dad Stephen Collins Confesses on tape to Child Molestation
NYPD Investigating [AUDIO]

Stephen Collins -- who played the pastor/dad on "7th Heaven" -- confessed to his estranged wife he was a child molester, and it's all on tape ... a tape obtained by TMZ. And the New York Police Dept. is now conducting an active criminal investigation involving sexual contact with multiple children.

Collins -- who is in the middle of a nasty, prolonged divorce with actress Faye Grant -- revealed to her in 2012 he had molested and/or exposed himself to several underage girls years before. Collins and Grant went to a therapist where she peppered him with questions about the incidents ... and he not only answered, he was specific.

Here's what Collins didn't know at the time. Grant taped the therapy session. We're told her lawyer advised her it was legal to secretly record the conversation because in California you're allowed to secretly record conversations to gather evidence the other person committed a violent felony ... and molesting a child under the age of 14 qualifies.

We have protected the names of the victims Collins mentions on tape. As you listen ... you will hear Collins refer to a "disclosure" and a "list." This refers to a confession Collins had already made to his wife ... which triggered the therapy session.

You hear Collins flatly confess to molesting an 11-year-old New York girl -- a relative of his first wife -- saying, "There was one moment of touching where her hand, I put her hand on my penis." He also acknowledges exposing himself to the girl "a couple of times" ... he says when she was 11, 12 and 13.

Grant asks, "When you exposed yourself ... did you have an erection?" He responds, "No, I mean, no. Partial, maybe I think."

Grant then inquires about other girls. Collins mentions an L.A. girl who lived in their neighborhood, but says he tried righting the wrong by apologizing to her years later.

And then they talk about yet another girl. It's incredible ... Collins has trouble keeping the girls straight, but then he gets clear and confirms the incident. We're told this girl was also from New York and was between 12 and 13 at the time.

TMZ has learned ... the NYPD is in possession of the tape, and last Wednesday 2 NYPD detectives from the Special Victims Unit flew to L.A. to interview Grant. We're told they asked her about the tape and about other potential witnesses.

An NYPD official tells TMZ ... there is a current, active investigation. The official says there are "at least 3 victims" and the nature of the investigation is "inappropriate sexual contact with minors."

Law enforcement sources tell us ... one alleged victim in the investigation is the relative of Collins' first wife, who we're told first reported the molestation in 2012. One law enforcement source tells us ... although decades have passed since the molestation, they believe the case can still be prosecuted because the statute of limitations runs from the date of reporting.

Collins -- who is on the National Board of the Screen Actors Guild -- frequently interacts with young actresses. In addition to "7th Heaven," he was also on the ABC Family show "The Fosters," about a bunch of young kids being raised in a foster family. And he had a role in the recent show, "Revolution" ... which also had underage actors.

We contacted Collins' reps ... they had no comment.

Read more: '7th Heaven' Dad Stephen Collins - Confesses on Tape to Child Molestation ... NYPD Investigating | TMZ.com
Old 10-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't say I'm in shock because I knew nothing about SC before he joined Revolution, but from the first impression I got seeing him hanging around Liz, Tracy and the rest of the cast, I sure didn't expect something like that.

I *am* truly surprised that it all came out only now, 2 years later, if his "confession" was taped in 2012 and it was obtained legally, and there was already a report from a victim.

My thoughts are with those poor girls, I hope they find justice and all the help they need.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Just from the little I've seen of Stephen Collins, he sure didn't seem like a pedophile, but I guess this serves as just another reminder that no matter how many interviews we see or articles we read about a celebrity, we have no clue what they are really doing behind closed doors. I, too, was surprised that this story flew under the radar for so long and I am honestly a little bit disturbed by the people on the internet who make all kinds of excuses for Stephen Collin's despicable actions. And then people wonder why child molestation or rape victims have such a tough time to go public with their suffering...

And Fran, do you still remember the short film with David and Stephen that I told you about? Well, I just found this article. Talk about art imitating life:

Quote:
Stephen Collins's Latest Movie Role: A Pedophile Priest

Art should imitate life but this is just a little too … weird.

A short film that's currently hitting the festival circuit features actor Stephen Collins – who is being investigated for child molestation – as a pedophile priest.

Penance, from the Emmy-winning Jeff Wolfe, also stars David Lyons as a man named Thomas Walker who, tormented by personal demons, seeks guidance from a man in the cloth.

"Stephen Collins is the priest he visits to clear his conscience and discover exactly what it means to find forgiveness – or to give it," the summary for the film reads.

Given the alleged taped confession Collins made to his estranged wife, Faye Grant, about inappropriate conduct with three minors, Wolfe released a statement to PEOPLE about the awkward timing of his film. Wolfe, who's also a stunt coordinator, worked with Collins and Lyons on NBC's Revolution and says he made Penance long before the scandal broke out.

"Although my short film, Penance, has recently played at a number of film festivals, it was actually made in 2013," said Wolfe. "When I cast Stephen Collins, I had no idea there might be a connection between his real life and the part I asked him to play," said Wolfe. "I found the recent allegations particularly shocking, as my film is meant to speak to victims of abuse and the idea that the effects of abuse never really go away."

Collins did an interview at WonderCon earlier this year, in which he talked about the 10-minute movie and how he shot it in one day in Austin, Texas. It's a "powerful piece about a priest and a former parishioner … it's very intense," Collins said. "David and I both got a chance to do something different from what we do in Revolution."

Collins, who has not been seen since the tape of his alleged confession was posted online on Oct. 7, is expected in court for divorce proceedings next month.

Source

Billy and Giancarlo have new projects:

Quote:
Ghost Brothers of Darkland County Cast Revealed

Brothers should have each other’s back, but love can make you blind… with bloodlust. Brotherly love is replaced with brimming rage in the southern gothic musical, Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, a collaboration between legendary singer/songwriters T Bone Burnett and John Mellencamp, along with the master of macabre, Stephen King. With the show’s tour kicking off in November, the cast has been announced.

The musical’s album became available on June 4th, and in addition to featuring the timeless chops of Elvis Costello, Kris Kristofferson and many more, it also showcases the voice acting talents of Matthew McConaughey and Meg Ryan. For more information on the album and the musical, visit:

Ghost Brothers of Darkland County | Stephen King, John Mellencamp & T Bone Burnett's Supernatural musical featuring Elvis Costello, Sheryl Crow, Kris Kristofferson & more. In stores now

(September 30, 2014) – “The full cast for the southern gothic, supernatural musical Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, was announced today, with actor/writer/producer Billy Burke (The Twilight Saga) and actress/writer/singer Gina Gershon (Killer Joe, House of Versace, Boeing, Boeing) playing the lead roles of Joe McCandless and Monique McCandless respectively. Touring across North America this Fall, Ghost Brothers of Darkland County was written by best-selling author Stephen King, with music by Rock and Roll Hall of Famer John Mellencamp, and musical direction by Grammy Award-winning T Bone Burnett. The tour kicks off right outside Bangor, ME at the Collins Center For The Arts in Orono, ME, on November 8, before travelling through cities such as Toronto, Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles. Due to overwhelming demand a second show has been added in San Francisco on December 6th which is now the final date of the tour.

Ghost Brothers of Darkland County is a collaboration 16 years in the making, and blend of unique musical and staging styles. Throughout the production, the eerie blues ‘n’ roots music reveals the inner workings of the characters as opposed to just propelling the play’s narrative, with only a few songs directly advancing the plot. The haunting tale of fraternal love, lust, jealousy and revenge, begins with Joe McCandless reflecting on a past tragedy involving his two older brothers battling over a girl which ended in the unfortunate deaths of all three. Now with Joe as an adult and two boys of his own, he’s watching an all too familiar scenario play out before his eyes. With his sons at each other’s throats, Joe’s story will either save or destroy the McCandless family.

For ticketing information, please visit aeglive.com or http://www.ghostbrothersofdarklandcounty.com/.”

CAST:

Billy Burke as Joe McCandless

Gina Gershon as Monique McCandless

Jake La Botz as The Shape

Jesse Lenant as Zydeco Cowboy

Joe Tippett as Drake McCandless

Lucas Kavner as Frank McCandless

Kylie Brown as Anna Wicklow

Eric Moore as Dan Coker

Travis Smith as Andy McCandless

Peter Albrink as Jack McCandless

Kate Ferber as Jenna Farrell

Zac Ballard as Young Joe

Featured Background Vocalist: Carlene Carter

Newt Hoggenbeck / Ensemble: Joe Jung

Ensemble: Gwen Hughes

Ensemble: Rob Lawhon

Tour dates at the source
Quote:
‘'Breaking Bad' Actor Joins 'Maze Runner' Sequel 'Scorch Trials' (Exclusive)

Giancarlo Esposito, who was one of the most memorable villains on Breaking Bad, has joined the cast of Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, the sequel to Fox's YA action franchise.

Director Wes Ball is back for the feature as are the producers, Temple Hill Entertainment and the Gotham Group.

Lead Dylan O'Brien is also back, as are the young characters that survived the deadly maze from the first movie.

The project is in preproduction and casting up. Aidan Gillen, who plays Game of Thrones character Littlefinger, was previously cast as the villain. Rosa Salazar is playing a leading female role.

Esposito will play Jorge, a leader of a group of survivors known as the Cranks that encounter the group of teens led by O'Brien. The character also appears in the third book of Maze Runner trilogy, The Death Cure.

Esposito will shoot the movie then reunite with his Revolution TV show director Jon Favreau for Disney’s live-action version of The Jungle Book.

Esposito just wrapped the independent musical drama Stuck, based on the stage play by Riley Thomas. He is also in preproduction on Patriotic Treason, the story of abolitionist John Brown. Esposito co-stars, directs and produced the movie, which is starring Ed Harris.

The actor (ICM Partners, Thruline Entertainment, Jackoway Tyerman) is also reprising his role as Magic Mirror/Sidney Glass/Genie in ABC's Once Upon A Time.

Source