Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Loyal Fan

I didn't know about that either. Thanks.
otherwise you will threaten the man." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Old 05-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Just finished the second chapter. I liked it better than the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
^Thank you for the comic book info! I had no idea about this until right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toinfinityandbeyonce (View Post)
I didn't know about that either. Thanks.
You're welcome, guys.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link to the second chapter. I finally got to catch up with both and well, I get what you meant saying it goes by so fast it becomes underwhelming. I didn't even have the chance to finish thoughts like "Oh look, Grace is back" and "Now they need to travel to Bradbury" that Grace was dead and the weeks-long trip had taken just one panel to end.

But the issues are doing the main job they were created for - being informative and clear about how it all will end.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

I was just thinking, isn't it a bit weird that they haven't mentioned Gene at all in the comics? I know they haven't mentioned Connor yet either, but in his case it makes a tiny bit of sense because he ended season 2 split away from the core group, but Gene was with Rachel, Miles, Charlie and Monroe. It makes me wonder if they may be trying to stay clear of the Gene character because of the child molestation scandal involving the actor - especially if they would have to pay him for the use of his likeness.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

Chapter 3 of the Revolution comic is now online.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 06-03-2015 at 04:04 AM
Old 06-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new chapter.

The short number of pages and the attempt to insert witticism in every single panel has been ruining most of the dramatic moments and reveal to me. Not that I was overly attached to begin with, but you know.

The question about Connor's whereabouts has been answered - he was busy aging 15 years in the span of one.
I'm with you about the absence of Gene, btw. Although there is always a chance that he'll be the last surprise/plot device of the final instalment.
Spoiler:

If only the drawings inside were half as good as the covers...
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 AM
New Fan

So... they are going to make Rachel get redemption for her mistakes, by sacrificing herself to kill the nanos she herself unleashed on the world, the magic-like technology which almost caused the end of humanity by bringing out the worst in people and making them kill each others?

Too bad that Liz will never get to act this scene on screen.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
If only the drawings inside were half as good as the covers...
Word. The covers look pretty neat, but the drawings inside of them are rather lame and lifeless. From what I've seen, the drawings of the Arrow comics are not exactly top notch either, but those artists still put a lot more effort into their work than the Revolution ones. This is just me guessing, but could the poor quality of the drawings be related to the budget? I would assume that the budget for these comics was very small - which might be another reason why we are only getting 4 installments to begin with (Not that I'm complaining. The very small number of issues is probably the reason why we are being spared the Monroe/Rachel direction).

Quote:
So... they are going to make Rachel get redemption for her mistakes, by sacrificing herself to kill the nanos she herself unleashed on the world, the magic-like technology which almost caused the end of humanity by bringing out the worst in people and making them kill each others?

Too bad that Liz will never get to act this scene on screen.
Yeah, that would have been a lovely scene to watch, for sure.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001
Yeah, that would have been a lovely scene to watch, for sure.
Sorry, I was sarcastic.

Alright, it is not really the exact same thing, because here she was actually guilty and evil until that point so the redemption actually made sense, and also here she was actually guilty and evil until that point yet everybody loved her and had forgiven her.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian (View Post)
Sorry, I was sarcastic.
I figured this ending would be similar to the fate of the Snow Queen in OUAT. Still, if nothing else, it could have given us another strong acting moment. You've got to be grateful for the little things with a show like Revolution.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

But how exactly is Rachel letting the nano take over her going to help anyone..? I'm missing something here - how will she take them out from the inside?

And I may be wrong, but I can't see her dying. It would feel anticlimatic after that cliffhanger, imo. But who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Word. The covers look pretty neat, but the drawings inside of them are rather lame and lifeless. From what I've seen, the drawings of the Arrow comics are not exactly top notch either, but those artists still put a lot more effort into their work than the Revolution ones. This is just me guessing, but could the poor quality of the drawings be related to the budget? I would assume that the budget for these comics was very small - which might be another reason why we are only getting 4 installments to begin with (Not that I'm complaining. The very small number of issues is probably the reason why we are being spared the Monroe/Rachel direction).
Thank the gods for small mercies.
I think it was probably a matter of budget, yes. And yet - each issue has so few pages and aiming for a little more quality didn't seem an unreasonable request.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:45 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn
But how exactly is Rachel letting the nano take over her going to help anyone..? I'm missing something here - how will she take them out from the inside?
It worked for Neo against Smith, in Matrix... Revolutions.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian (View Post)
It worked for Neo against Smith, in Matrix... Revolutions.
AH! Good point.

She would still need external help, though, whatever she is planning to do - I'm curious to see what route they'll go with this. Unless she has found a way to carry the virus within herself.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:51 AM
Elite Fan

The final chapter of the Revolution comic is online. I've already read it, but I am going to comment on the content a little bit later. I need to digest it all, first.

And here's the cover for the final issue:

Old 06-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!

So, meh. That's my review.

Spoiler: