Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Ula, you love PD too?

523 deaths, that's horrible Be safe, Nanda
Old 01-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
523 deaths, that's horrible Be safe, Nanda
yes I'll, it's not happening exactly where I live. I'm more concerned about my grandparents.

Watch this rescue!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

(I have a lot to catch up with in this thread. Will do tomorrow. )

Nanda - so sorry about what's going on in Brazil, I hope all your family and friends will keep safe and the situation there will start improving soon.
All these natural disasters all over the world, almost back to back, you end up feeling so powerless.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Katey Sagal has just won a Golden Globe for her performance on Sons Of Anarchy.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was just about to come here and post the same (so thanks for not making me double post ) - how awesome is that?!
I saw it mentioned on my twitter timeline and had to go check on some "reliable" site because it sounded too good to be true, I thought the twitter poster had got confused.

Are you watching the show live?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I was just about to come here and post the same (so thanks for not making me double post ) - how awesome is that?!
I saw it mentioned on my twitter timeline and had to go check on some "reliable" site because it sounded too good to be true, I thought the twitter poster had got confused.
Katey was way overdue IMO. I know she was nominated for a Golden Globe several times for her portrayal of Peggy Bundy on Married With Children, but I don't think she's ever won before. I'm so happy for her.

Quote:
Are you watching the show live?
I'm zapping back and forth between the Golden Globes and the Australian Open.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Katey was way overdue IMO. I know she was nominated for a Golden Globe several times for her portrayal of Peggy Bundy on Married With Children, but I don't think she's ever won before. I'm so happy for her.
Me too. I was usre the award will go to J. Margulies or K. Sedgwick, or Elizabeth Moss as third option because I've heard Mad Men had its strongest season with S4. I would've been happy for Elizabreth Moss, too, but I don't know how many other opportunities Sons of Anarchy will have to get another nod like this, so I'm incredibly pleased.
Quote:
I'm zapping back and forth between the Golden Globes and the Australian Open.
I was too tired to attempt watching, I'm relying on third hand's updates.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Elite Fan

My bbs

Old 01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

I know you like Glee, Anna, but I'm so pissed it won! WTH? No way in hell it's better than Modern Family. I don't watch the other nominees but I'm pretty sure they are also better than Glee. And Jane, seriously?
At least Colin Firth and Natalie Portman won

And gah, when I finally start to watch Mad Men it loses all awards
Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know if Glee is better than Modern Family because I don't watch Modern Family, but Jane pwns everyone. She is just so good (Jane and Chris are the main reason I watch Glee) She deserves every award she is getting, IMO.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Jane Lynch is awesome as Sue, but I've only watched 10 or so episodes of the show in S1 so I have no idea if she had a strong season for this year award compared to the other actresses nominated.
That said, Glee is in my eyes a slap in the face to well written television (I didn't find a sense in its plotline in S1, and the general consensus seems to be that S2 has even less consistence and more plot holes), so the fact that they won a Best Comedy award is... *shakes head*

I checked some pics from the red carpet but didn't see the The Walking Dead cast there, they're looking great! Same for Dianna Agron.
Thanks for the pics!

And in the name of shallowness, these were my favorite outfits - Olivia Wilde and Emma Stone:

Old 01-18-2011, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think Jane Lynch is awesome as Sue, but I've only watched 10 or so episodes of the show in S1 so I have no idea if she had a strong season for this year award compared to the other actresses nominated.
She's been consistent and has had a lot of awesome scenes. I don't know about the other actresses, I only know Jane deserves all the praise she is getting. Glee is overrated, I agree with this, but I don't think she is. Chris Colfer is amazing too, he is really shining this season They are giving him lots of dramatic stuff.

Quote:
That said, Glee is in my eyes a slap in the face to well written television (I didn't find a sense in its plotline in S1, and the general consensus seems to be that S2 has even less consistence and more plot holes), so the fact that they won a Best Comedy award is... *shakes head*
Yeah, that show is a mess, it has no continuity But it's still great IMO. I just don't take it very seriously

Quote:
I checked some pics from the red carpet but didn't see the The Walking Dead cast there, they're looking great! Same for Dianna Agron.
Thanks for the pics!
I've seen two or three pics of them and they looked great!!

Diana looked like a doll, as always That girl is so pretty

Quote:
And in the name of shallowness, these were my favorite outfits - Olivia Wilde and Emma Stone:
I liked Olivia Wilde's outfit, it's so pretty, but the shoes were awful

Emma Stone I watched "Easy A" a month ago and love her since then, she was awesome!

BTW, yesterday I watched Fringe's 2x15 "Jacksonville". Awesome episode And John Nobles' and Anna Torv's acting was brilliant.

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 01-18-2011 at 02:11 AM
Old 01-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
At least Colin Firth and Natalie Portman won
Yay! Natalie Portman won for Black Swan for best actress in a motion picture! I KNEW IT! Oscars here we come!
and colin firth!

Wonderfully pregnant natalie portman
Old 01-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
she's always the same

Quote:
Gah, I agree! Golden Globes aren't much about quality though, c'mon Avatar won last year. And Glee wins and Community doesn't even get a nomination???? WTH? GG are about popularity imo.
And Chris... Eric is so so so much better than him. Though I found Chris' speech pretty.

Emma Stone looks so weird as a blonde...

I KNOW! I love Jacksonville!

Awwww yes, Natalie I still haven't seen Black Swan though. Or The King's Speech but I'm pretty sure they both deserve it.

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban have a newborn

So a few days ago I found out Anna Friel and David Thewlis were together so I was really happy (fandoms collide + they look cute) only to find out yesterday that they broke up
Old 01-18-2011, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandaLaFleurMC (View Post)
I KNOW! I love Jacksonville!
I loved it! Today I'll watch "Peter"