Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To read that or not

~*~*~

I liked this episode better than the premiere too.

A.) Elizabeth was in it.

B.) The Emma & Elsa scenes were amazing. I am totally on board their best friend/sisterly relationship.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Promo pictures for episode 3

ETA:

A little article from Entertainment Weekly:

'Once Upon a Time' first look: Elizabeth Mitchell makes her debut as the Snow Queen

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 10-07-2014 at 09:06 AM
Old 10-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed her because it was so unexpected seeing her in the ep.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Extreme Fan

The way she leaned back and then everything froze, super cool . A pun!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Extreme Fan

The way she leaned back and then everything froze, super cool . A pun!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Sneak peeks for episode 3:

Old 10-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank for all the latest!

A little vague bit of info from TVLine:
Quote:
Trust me when I say that I am holding the Dark One’s dagger and command you to give us something on Once Upon a Time‘s Rumplestiltskin that isn’t Belle-related! –Christina
Right, as if the dagger would… OK, here you go! During our visit to the Once set this week, Robert Carlyle teased Rumple’s ties to Elizabeth Mitchell’s Snow Queen, saying, “A lot of these magical characters, Rumple has either trained or helped in some way. He hasn’t exactly trained her, but he’s helped her along the way. So there’s deep, deep history there, but it’s a really strange relationship. They’re very, very dangerous to each other [and] both slightly afraid of each other, I think.”
[x]
Old 10-17-2014, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

Found a new interview with Elizabeth with Entertainment Weekly. It looks like they are already about to wrap her arc:

Quote:
'Once Upon a Time' star Elizabeth Mitchell spills scoop on the Snow Queen

The Snow Queen has arrived!

During Sunday’s episode of Once Upon a Time, a chill continued to hang over Storybrooke—but Elsa (Georgina Haig) wasn’t to blame when Maid Marian (Christine Laing) suddenly turned to ice. Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Charming (Josh Dallas) discovered that the real culprit worked at the local ice cream parlor, thanks to the help of cunning thief Will Scarlet (Michael Socha).

But Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) and Elsa found the source first, discovering the Snow Queen (Elizabeth Mitchell) in the middle of the woods, tinkering with some sort of mini ice castle. The Snow Queen admitted that she was framing Elsa to prove a point—every “normal” person would eventually look at her as a monster. Then SQ attempted to kill Hook to prove her point, but Emma and David arrived in time to save the day.

Surprisingly, SQ actually knows both Emma and Elsa from their pasts, though both of them are unaware of that fact. The Emma connection remains to be seen, but Elsa and SQ first crossed paths when Hans (Tyler Jacob Moore) set out to locate a magical urn that would capture Elsa. However, when he went to use it, SQ came spilling out. She promptly turned Hans into a popsicle and found a kinship with Elsa: She’s apparently Elsa’s aunt! We say “apparently” because, honestly, can she really be trusted? EW turned to Mitchell to find out.

How did you joining the show come about?
I always go to that fan site of mine, only because I feel like they know what’s going on before I do. [Laughs] They said something about “Elizabeth Mitchell being considered for Frozen part,” and I was like, “That doesn’t make sense. That’s not really age appropriate.” Then I got a call saying that [executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis] are wondering, if this role came about, would I be interested in doing it? I was like, “Yes!” My manager was like, “Give it some thought.” “I did, yes.” I played really hard to get, obviously. Then [Adam and Eddy] called me and they were so excited about it. We had such a great talk about villains, which I can’t really go into because it has to do with what happens [on the show]. My whole theory has always been that villains never know they are villains. That seems to be the case here, even though she does some crazy stuff. It’s been really fun.

How much did they actually tell you about where this character is going and what her motivations are?
I feel like they told me quite a bit. Like with Lost, I had a feeling about it. My hunches were usually right. We’re just about to shoot the last episode of the arc, and it’s really fun. It’s super fun.

Does the Snow Queen have an actual name?
I don’t think she has a name yet.

The Snow Queen appears to know Emma from her past. Is there anything you can say about their connection?
I know that everyone thinks it might be negative, so Emma must think that. I can say it’s surprising, but I can’t really [say much] because it’s so much a part of the whole thing. It’s one of those ones where it’s definitely worth keeping an eye on, and it does mean a lot to both of them—which is fun because I like spending time with Jennifer. She’s awesome. It’s important, and it’s big, and it has a lot to do with the mythology of things, which I love.

Emma appears to be stronger than the Snow Queen. Is this something the Snow Queen should be worried about?
Worried about Emma’s powers? Well, sure, Emma is very powerful. But I think, at this point in time, we’re dealing with a pretty powerful lady in the Snow Queen. She might have a little more up her sleeve than we think. However, I think Emma’s raw power is possibly stronger than the Snow Queen’s—possibly, we’ll see. She’s had a lot longer to figure it out.

Rumple comes across the Snow Queen at the end of the episode—

That definitely continues.

He says he’s sorry that things didn’t work out the way she wanted yet. Can you hint at her motivations?
She’s motivated by a very honorable, true thing. It’s just going to be different than what you might expect. She’s definitely got her issues. She’s motivated by very strong emotions. Everything is very, very personal. She’s not someone who is in any way arbitrary.

Might she team up with Rumple to get what she wants?
I wouldn’t say team up. Especially in the beginning, they definitely have something going on, but it seems to be a camaraderie, which then shifts. I can’t tell you which way it shifts, but it definitely shifts. We have a really good time together. Those are some of my favorite scenes.

She has so far told Elsa that she’s her aunt, and also that Anna is the one who locked Elsa in the urn. Can we trust anything the Snow Queen says?
She is kind of a villain, you know? I don’t trust her. I think her motivations seem shady. She also seems a little unhinged. I, myself, am a terrible liar, if that gives you any kind of a hint. Maybe not at this moment. Although, it might be that some of the things, if not all of the things, she’s saying are true.

Would you describe her as manipulative?

I definitely think she’s manipulative, but she’s manipulative towards a goal that may or may not be positive. Definitely, absolutely she is. But whether she’s manipulating for good or for evil remains to be seen. She’s definitely trying to steer people down a path. Is a path of destruction? Is it a path of love? I don’t know. [Laughs]

Elsa and the Snow Queen have a connection in the past, though Elsa doesn’t remember. Can you tease what’s in store for this storyline?
There are some interesting things that happen with Elsa and the Snow Queen, but it involves other people as well.

In the present day, we saw the Snow Queen messing with some sort of CGI mini ice castle. Is that going to come back into play?

That was totally real. Wasn’t that pretty? That was my first day. That’s when I decided that the Snow Queen was barefoot. Everyone was like, “You can’t make the Snow Queen barefoot.” I’m like, “Have you seen me walk? I’m a gazelle in galoshes. Yes, the Snow Queen is barefoot, otherwise I’ll be tripping over everything.” So, we put her barefoot in the snow and it’s been so much fun. She was making something pretty that made her smile. It was a little frivolous thing. It may be that it’s a precursor for something else, or it may not be. At the moment that it happens, it’s just something that’s quite lovely she thought would be pretty. With everyone searching for her and her world crumbling around her, she’ll just make a little dollhouse ice castle. Wouldn’t you? [Laughs]

Are we going to get a glimpse at when the Snow Queen first landed in Storybrooke?
Maybe. The way that they did it was so different from the way I thought it was going to go. That’s an excellent assumption. She’s fascinating to me. To get to where she is, they’re going to do what they always do. They’re going to make us understand why she is who she is. That’s the journey they go on. She’s going to possibly cause some friction. The hows and whys of it are the essential parts of the story. They’ve made every villain absolutely fascinating. The Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) is one of my favorite characters. I love watching her. It’s so fun how they’ve taken this person who can’t possibly be saved and made her into one of our heroines.

Is that the case with the Snow Queen? Do you think she is redeemable?
For the first four episodes, I really did feel that she probably wasn’t redeemable. So I’m very interested to hear what you think on that. I felt the same way with the Evil Queen, so I honestly think they can do pretty much anything. It may be the first time in history that we have a purely evil villain, but it also may not be.

Well, it does look like she killed off Hans in her very first episode.
But Hans is a bad guy. You can’t blame her for that. I feel like that was a public service, really. She was trying to do something nice. She froze him, but he didn’t break into a million pieces. I feel like until we have that definitive thing, you just never know.

Does her appearance have anything to do with the Fantasia hat?
I have no idea. I mean, I do know, but I definitely can’t say anything. It’s a very cool hat. It’s possible I’ve held it in my hands, but it’s also possible I haven’t. [Laughs] I’m sorry! It’s worse than Lost. On Lost, there were things I could talk about, but here I can’t even really tell you who I’m acting with, why I’m doing it, where we’re going to go with it—because it all just wraps up into the same thing.

'Once Upon a Time' star Elizabeth Mitchell spills scoop on the Snow Queen | Inside TV | EW.com

And the promo for episode 4:

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 10-17-2014 at 03:55 AM
Old 10-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Alex!

I'm going to be surprised if they keep her a bona fide villain until the very end.
Also at:
Quote:
I feel like that was a public service, really.

New promo:

Old 10-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Extreme Fan

She wasn't in tonight's episode much. Though we did learn her Storybrooke name is Sarah Fisher and she didn't come over with the curse.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:30 PM
New Fan

As I understood Charles Mesure was seen on set, although it is not sure if he is filming. I either did not knew or forgot that he had played Blackbeard on this show. I'm hoping for a V reunion now.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

Some sneak peeks at tonight's episode:

Plus, promotional pictures.

And the press release:

Quote:
Once Upon A Time - Episode 4.05 - Breaking Glass - Press Release

"Breaking Glass" - Regina reluctantly teams up with Emma to search for the Snow Queen after Sidney, who is once again Regina's prisoner in the mirror, discovers her whereabouts and agrees to lead her to the location. With Belle babysitting baby Neal, a nervous Mary Margaret and David prepare for their first date night away from their child and find themselves on a mission to track down Will Scarlet, who has escaped from the town jail, and Elsa sees Anna in the Storybrooke woods. Meanwhile, back in the past, young Emma finds herself a kindred spirit when she befriends a girl who, like her, is a runaway orphan, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Giancarlo Esposito as Sidney/Magic Mirror, Georgina Haig as Elsa, Elizabeth Lail as Anna, Oliver Rice as King Arendelle, Pascale Hutton as Queen Arendelle, Nicole Munoz as Lily, Barclay Hope as Lily's father, Kelly-Ruth Mercier as manager, Anson Hibbert as policeman, Ilias Webb as Kevin, Abby Ross as young Emma and Elizabeth Mitchell as Snow Queen.

"Breaking Glass" was written by Kalinda Vazquez & Scott Nimerfro and directed by Alrick Riley.

Source
Old 10-26-2014, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

Some recent filming reports. I think these are from episode 10:

Quote:
OUAT FILMING: Monday night Abby Ross (young Emma) filmed a scene with Elizabeth Mitchell.

Snow Queen + blonde teen having confrontation at a bus stop

the teen was a young Emma, Snow Queen was her guardian, trying to force her to use/discover powers.

Quote:
The day started with Robert shooting a scene where he just walks out of his shop, and it’s snowing.

Next scene, was Lana. Walking, (no snow) stopping at Any Given Sundae, looking up, and going inside.

After that, there was some kind of brawl going on, with almost all the dwarves and Granny. They were fighting, and suddenly they noticed that it was snowing and stopped fighting and looked up.

Then, there was a scene where Jen, Georgina and Elizabeth Lail + dwarves walked all happy through the snow and then there’s Ginny, Josh and Lana walking up to them. Ginny and Josh hugging Jen, while Henry runs towards the group. He hugs Lana, and Jen afterwards. Then Jen hugs Georgina and everyone is smiling and lauching and blah blah blah.

Last scene we saw was Elizabeth Mitchell standing in front of Any Given Sundae. Some dwarves came out of the shop and ran away while Jen and George do their magic. Which seems to be not working.

Source

Quote:
How hard did it rain in Steveston on Wednesday night during Once Upon a Time filming? Hard enough for a fan to dance in the deluge as it bounced off the pavement on Moncton Street. Crew delayed filming until the rain eased a bit for a scene of Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Anna (Georgina Haig) confronting the Snow Queen (Elizabeth Mitchell) outside the Any Given Sundae ice cream shop in Storybrooke. While an overhead scrim did protect cast from getting wet it couldn’t keep out the cold so Morrison and Haig jogged on the spot laughing ahead of each take.

Elizabeth Mitchell, Georgina Haig and Jennifer Morrison under the scrim. The sag in the middle is a pool of water.

Source

There are also some on-location pictures from the recent filming here, here and here.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the latest.

Interesting that bit about the Snow Queen being Emma's guardian at some point. I haven't seen any episode after the premiere yet - are we to assume the Snow Queen completely erased her memories of that time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian (View Post)
As I understood Charles Mesure was seen on set, although it is not sure if he is filming. I either did not knew or forgot that he had played Blackbeard on this show. I'm hoping for a V reunion now.
I guess another Captain Hook-centric episode is coming?
I never watched his first episode, though, so I don't know if he could show up just in a flashback or in present time, too.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Next week's promo: