Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay I have loved EM since '97 and had occasionally posted on this board but now I am going to more so!

Currently it's a catch-22 because while I'm still pissed that Revolution was cancelled at the same time I am beyond stoked that she's doing OUAT. She's the only good thing I'm looking forward to out of this whole Frozen storyline (I still hate how they jumped on that bandwagon).

Love her SQ costume!

Aw and in those pics she's standing near Jen- can this mean that she and Emma will have scenes, I sure hope so
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome back, Ron!

I'm glad you can get to see Elizabeth in a show you watch and love.
Hasn't OUAT done the whole new fictional universe arc before, with Neverland/Peter Pan/Hook? Frozen is right now the hottest Disney property so I can see why they go for it in hope to bring in new fans to the show.

It does look Liz will interact with Jennifer/Emma. If I remember correctly, in one of the filming reports Jennifer was screaming something like "why are you following me?" at Liz's character.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh man nice!

And yeah OUAT does that a lot and not just with Neverland/Peter Pan/Hook.

I guess it just bugs me- I mean yeah Frozen is real popular and stuff but at the same time that's why I wish they wouldn't have done it.

It's a cute story don't get me wrong I just am very anti-bandwagon. I hate when something is popular and people get on board just because of it you know? I mean it's cool when it helps to get new fans and what not but as a writer I think the most exciting thing would have been to not cash in on how big Frozen is and gone a completely different route.

So like I said EM is currently the only thing that I'm happy about with the show at this point. They've all ready pissed me off too much
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope Liz's character will prove your faith in her warranted and be an interesting one!

I understand what you're saying now - Frozen seems to be brought up everywhere, it's starting to feel a bit like overkill.

I remember reading that the Frozen arc will be fully wrapped this season, so you might be safe from it's characters sticking around for next year, at least.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL hey just having EM on the show is more than I could have asked for. I remember being depressed after the S3 finale and then I heard that EM had been cast and it was like fk man guess I'm sticking around
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

OUAT is featured on the latest cover of TV Guide. You can check out scans of the issue here.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sweet thanks for posting!
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for all the info

I haven't watched the show but am considering starting from this season(partly because i'm too lazy to go back to the beginning) just so I can follow Liz's storyline, and then if I like it I can go back and watch the rest. It is unusual for me to start a show half way through but I have such a long list of shows in my waiting list that I can't justify starting it from the beginning
Old 09-18-2014, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Episode 4x07 is called "The Snow Queen".

And I have found a new THR interview with the producers.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

From the Entertainment Weekly Spoiler Room:

Quote:
Do you have any information on who Elizabeth Mitchell is playing on Once Upon a Time? — Toni
You mean you didn’t pick up EW’s Fall TV Preview issue where I revealed that she is definitely playing the villain of the first half of the season?! For shame! “For the first time, we’re showing a villainous side to Elizabeth Mitchell,” executive producer Adam Horowitz says. “There’s a dark side that Elizabeth is accessing and she’s doing so in chilling fashion.” On a side note, I first floated the Lost alum’s name past the producers to play Elsa. “When you see her character, it will be everything you wanted her to be,” executive producer Edward Kitsis promises me. Hmm, I wonder what that means! *cough Snow Queen cough*

Source
Old 09-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome. EM doing an evil role- that's certainly a first. I really can't wait to see what she brings and how evil she'll be.

I so want her to go up against Regina, that would be badass!
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

I have found a new article from Entertainment Weekly. I'm only copying the Frozen-related parts:

Quote:
Everything you need to know about 'Once Upon a Time' season 4

Expectations for the upcoming fourth season of Once Upon a Time have never been higher.

After three seasons of introducing various fairy tale figures from years past—including characters from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Pinocchio and even The Wizard of Oz—the ABC drama is tapping into a property that was released less than a year ago: The highly popular Frozen.

When Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) returned from their time-traveling journey to the past in the season 3 finale, they unknowingly brought along a stowaway from Rumplestiltskins’s (Robert Carlyle) vault: Frozen‘s ice queen Elsa (Georgina Haig), who made a chilling entrance before closing out the third season.

Picking up where we left off, Elsa will properly make her way into Storybrooke during Sunday’s premiere, leaving a trail of ice and snow in her wake as she struggles to find her bearings. “She doesn’t know where she is,” Haig tells EW. “It’s all completely new and she doesn’t have Anna [Elizabeth Lail] with her, who is her rock. She’s very scared. Dealing with her fear is something that’s very difficult for her.” It’s not surprising then that a familiar snow monster will plague the residents of Storybrooke as Elsa faces those fears.

Though she’s been locked up in Rumple’s vault for an indeterminate amount of time, Elsa is less the villain than she is the victim. “The reason that we were so inspired by her character and that we loved Elsa so much was the fact that she reminded us of some of our characters where they’re misunderstood, they have powers they don’t really understand, they know they’re not like everyone else, but they have to realize that’s what makes them special,” executive producer Edward Kitsis says. “What Elsa’s motivation will be will be revealed in the premiere, and I don’t want to spoil it, but I can tell you that she won’t be a villain.”

Instead, viewers should prepare to meet a second frigid character, the Snow Queen, portrayed by Lost alum Elizabeth Mitchell. “What we can say about Elizabeth on the show is that for the first time, we’re showing a villainous side to Elizabeth Mitchell,” executive producer Adam Horowitz says, before Kitsis interjects: “Not just working with the Others because she has no choice, but a truly villainous side. We can’t wait to scare everyone.”

Not coincidentally then, the “Snow Queen is connected” to why Elsa landed in that vault, according to Carlyle. “Rumple’s told them at this point that he didn’t know that Elsa was there,” he says. “At this point, I genuinely don’t know whether that’s true or not. I doubt it because it’s his vault.”

Elsa’s eventual arrival in town springs from Anna setting out on an adventure to uncover the truth behind her sister’s powers—the same journey that claimed the lives of their parents. “The biggest theme for us is never give up on the people you love,” Kitsis explains, adding that we’ll get hints as to who their parents were going to see in the premiere.

“They’ve finally gotten one another back after all this time away from one another,” says Lail, who deftly captures the spirit of Kristen Bell’s clumsy, yet endearing Anna as she seeks to strengthen their sisterly bond. “They’re really willing to do whatever it takes to hold on to one another. Her goal is to find happiness for her sister. She doesn’t always know what is best, but she does it with all her might.”

Anna’s adventure will temporarily put the kibosh on her wedding to Kristoff, played by Greek alum Scott Michael Foster, who isn’t quite as shaggy as his film counterpart these days. “We had a wig that didn’t work,” Foster explains. “We thought that was the best way to go and grow it out throughout the season.” And for those wondering, Kristoff won’t be speaking for his reindeer, Sven, though they will still have conversations.

Alas, Anna’s journey isn’t the only hurdle they’ll face before their nuptials. Lest we forget, Frozen sociopath Hans (Tyler Jacob Moore) is still out there and has not been redeemed since the events of the film. “Whether he’s responsible or somehow tied to Elsa winding up in that urn in Rumple’s vault remains to be seen,” Horowitz says, promising that we’ll see several of Hans’ 12 brothers.

Adds Moore of where we’ll pick up: “He’s going back on this boat to be with his brothers, who are probably not going to be too happy that he tried to kill all these people to become a king.”

Anna will also cross paths with several familiar faces, including Belle (Emilie de Ravin), whom she’ll meet during a flashback episode that introduces the Beauty and the Beast character’s mother Colette (Frances O’Connor), and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), with whom Anna shares a deep connection. “We are going to go back and see a great story about his journey,” Dallas shares. “It’s the most important friendship that he’s had in his life outside of Snow and it really changes the entire path of his life and sets him on that road to being a hero.”

The Charming family connections don’t stop there. The dynamic between Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Elsa will play an important role this season seeing as they both grew up away from their families with magic that they didn’t understand. “When they meet and realize they are both looking to do good things, they’re immediately connected and they have so much in common.” Morrison says. “It’s a real opportunity to grow. They can learn from each other’s mistakes and successes.”

More at the source
Old 09-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Extreme Fan

I saw Frozen a couple months after it was out and was baffled by all the hype. I didn't think the songs were good either. I mean it was cute, but nothing like people were going on about. That being said I'm still kinda excited about watching it on OuaT, I've quit the show multiple times and I keep getting sucked back in.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^- I know what you mean. I thought Frozen was cute and I do like the Let it Go song but I don't understand the hype either. It's not one of those Disney movies I go crazy for.

And I also know what you mean about quitting OUAT. I've tried several times too. I did when it was announced they were doing Frozen (and at the time I hadn't seen the movie yet- I'm still new to it having just seen it this summer) and then I quit the show when they killed off Neal (I'm always gonna be pissed about that) and when they decided to have Emma and Hook together (still pissed there too).

And yet I keep getting back to it. It's the Charming Family for me. They're the reason why I keep coming back. And now I have a new reason to enjoy the Frozen storyline- EM! But I swear if it weren't for these two crucial things then I would be so done
Emma♥Neal
Old 09-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

^ You guys have lasted much longer than I did. I gave up on OUAT after 3 episodes.