Info Center

Happy Wednesday everyone!!
Old 05-18-2016, 11:08 AM
MST Manager

Happy Wednesday Amy.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi guys!

I'm deeply sorry about my long(er) absence - things kept piling on (my dad had to go through a surgery, too, among other things) - and I've been bone-deep tired and struggling to manage my time and find the energies to think of much else besides my parents and work.
Anyway, I should be able to come back by Monday at most. By then both my parents will be home and I'm mostly caught up with work matters.
Sorry again, thanks for keeping the board going!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Hey Fran

I am more than happy to help for however long you need

Sorry to hear about your dad needing surgery as well So glad they will both be home soon and recovering. Sounds like you have a really crazy month! I really hope that things start calming down for you soon.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:04 PM
MST Manager

Take care, Fran.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Happy weekend everyone!! Anyone doing fun stuff?
Old 05-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
The Joe and Jake song sounds much better on the radio than it does sung live. I don't remember what the Bianca song was like.
It's this one:

The worst thing you can do at Eurovision is sending nice and mediocre pop songs. Those are the ones that usually get lost in the shuffle. We have done it 4 years in a row and you have seen our results. Sometimes, it's wiser to send unusual entries - especially when there are no potential winners in the National Final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
thanks guys! sounds like so much fun to watch
It is. The show can be very cheesy at times, but that's part of the charm. ;D

Quote:
Hi guys!

I'm deeply sorry about my long(er) absence - things kept piling on (my dad had to go through a surgery, too, among other things) - and I've been bone-deep tired and struggling to manage my time and find the energies to think of much else besides my parents and work.
Anyway, I should be able to come back by Monday at most. By then both my parents will be home and I'm mostly caught up with work matters.
Sorry again, thanks for keeping the board going!
I'm so, so sorry to hear about your father, Fran. I hope the surgery went well and he'll recover soon. Sending lots of love and positive vibes your way! x1000

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-22-2016 at 06:32 PM
Old 05-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, girls!

My dad's surgery went well, actually much better than I expected (in terms of time he had to stay in the hospital and the pain to put up with afterwards). My mother has another round of exams tomorrow, hopefully they continue to show positive improvements and everything's fine.

I managed to watch one episode of Penny Dreadful tonight, and man it was so good to finally be able to focus on something "silly" and enjoy it fully once again.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:30 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the clip, Alex. It is a good song! One of my favourite Eurovision songs is Hard Rock Hellelujah by Lordi. I think we should do something like that.

I'm glad you were able to find time for yourself, Fran.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for the video of the performance Alex

Fran so glad your dad's surgery went well! And I hope your mom's test all come back good as well that's so great that you were able to have a little bit of time to yourself to do something fun!

I hope everyone is having a great week as well!
Old 05-23-2016, 02:02 PM
MST Manager

I'm having a great week thanks. The French Open started yesterday so it will be a busy fortnight for me watching tennis.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
Thanks for the clip, Alex. It is a good song! One of my favourite Eurovision songs is Hard Rock Hellelujah by Lordi. I think we should do something like that.
Absolutely. If it were up to me, Rammstein would be competing for us (and Stefanie Heinzmann for Switzerland), but I don't think either party would ever be willing to do it.

Quote:
I'm having a great week thanks. The French Open started yesterday so it will be a busy fortnight for me watching tennis.
I'll have to see when Feliciano Lopez is going to play. I always love watching him play - and not only for his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Thank you, girls!

My dad's surgery went well, actually much better than I expected (in terms of time he had to stay in the hospital and the pain to put up with afterwards). My mother has another round of exams tomorrow, hopefully they continue to show positive improvements and everything's fine.

I managed to watch one episode of Penny Dreadful tonight, and man it was so good to finally be able to focus on something "silly" and enjoy it fully once again.
I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well and your mother's condition continues to improve. Hopefully, things will finally slow down some and you'll get some time for yourself. You've earned it!
Old 05-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I hope you enjoy the French Open Are you rooting for a particular player?
Old 05-24-2016, 10:34 PM
MST Manager

Alex, I agree with you about Feliciano Lopez. Luckily he won his first round match.

Amy, I'm rooting for Andy Murray and Heather Watson as they're British but I am also interested in Lopez, Simon, Nadal, Kuznetsova, Ivanovic, Venus Williams. It's a shame Wozniacki and Bencic aren't playing. Bencic reminds me of Monica Seles.