Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

I finished the second season of Daredevil yesterday. Season 2 was more bloody than season 1 and I really enjoyed the new cast additions in Elektra and The Punisher. Also, the fight scenes were possibly even more impressive than in the first season. Season 3 can't come soon enough as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-30-2016 at 07:11 PM
Old 04-29-2016, 10:02 PM
MST Manager

Thanks Amy.

That's great, Alex.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

So glad you liked seasons two of Daredevil!! I have only watched the first two eps, but hope to finish it by the end of summer
Old 04-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey folks!

My mother and I are finally home, and I should be back posting around the middle of the upcoming week. Sorry about the long silence - it was hard to find the time and energies to keep track of things online, I didn't even check my email every day.
But I'll be back soon! Thanks everyone who has been helping out the board and Alex in my absence.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Hey folks!

My mother and I are finally home, and I should be back posting around the middle of the upcoming week. Sorry about the long silence - it was hard to find the time and energies to keep track of things online, I didn't even check my email every day.
But I'll be back soon! Thanks everyone who has been helping out the board and Alex in my absence.
I'm so, so, so, so glad to hear that you and your mother are back home, Fran. When I didn't hear from you for so long, I had a horrible feeling that your mother may have suffered a big setback. I'm happy to hear that wasn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
So glad you liked seasons two of Daredevil!! I have only watched the first two eps, but hope to finish it by the end of summer
Season 2 is pretty great indeed. There were a couple of episodes that seemed to drag on a bit in the middle of the season and the writers do play around with a Karen/Matt/Elektra love triangle, but it never takes over the plot like it tends to happen on other shows, so it didn't bother me. Let me know what you think once you've watched it.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:24 PM
MST Manager

Great to have you back, Fran.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, girls!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I'm so, so, so, so glad to hear that you and your mother are back home, Fran. When I didn't hear from you for so long, I had a horrible feeling that your mother may have suffered a big setback. I'm happy to hear that wasn't the case.
I'm really sorry about going on radio silence for so long. I meant to come online several times to post or send some PMs, but I was always either without the time and calm to do so, or the energies. It didn't help that I never really warmed up to typing on my phone and dealing with the browser crashing whether it pleases - it takes me ages to write something on it.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Hi Fran So glad that you and your mom are home That is really great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Season 2 is pretty great indeed. There were a couple of episodes that seemed to drag on a bit in the middle of the season and the writers do play around with a Karen/Matt/Elektra love triangle, but it never takes over the plot like it tends to happen on other shows, so it didn't bother me. Let me know what you think once you've watched it.
I will definitely let you know what I think when I finish the season. So there's a Karen/Matt/Elektra love triangle? So they must have moved away from the Karen/Matt/Foggy triangle that they have been playing with. Even though it's not a traditional triangle in there there is one person deciding to between too suiters it still feels like a triangle to me because Karen is into Matt, Matt doesn't seem to be into Karen, but Foggy is into Karen and Karen is not into Foggy. Did that even make sense? I hadn't really gotten the vibe that Matt was into Karen yet, but if they are doing an Elektra/Matt/Karen triangle this season I am sure I will start to see it soon.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
I will definitely let you know what I think when I finish the season. So there's a Karen/Matt/Elektra love triangle? So they must have moved away from the Karen/Matt/Foggy triangle that they have been playing with. Even though it's not a traditional triangle in there there is one person deciding to between too suiters it still feels like a triangle to me because Karen is into Matt, Matt doesn't seem to be into Karen, but Foggy is into Karen and Karen is not into Foggy. Did that even make sense? I hadn't really gotten the vibe that Matt was into Karen yet, but if they are doing an Elektra/Matt/Karen triangle this season I am sure I will start to see it soon.
Yeah, it's all Karen/Matt/Elektra now. I actually agree with your take on the whole Foggy/Karen/Matt situation from season 1. I have to admit it's been a while since I watched the first season so I am not very good with the details, but I didn't get the sense that Matt was into Karen at all. So, when the writers suddenly started playing that up in early season 2, it felt rather forced and clumsy to me. As for Foggy's romantic interest in Karen: It didn't get mentioned again. Instead, I got the sense that they might reunite him with his ex-girlfriend Marci down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Thanks, girls!

I'm really sorry about going on radio silence for so long. I meant to come online several times to post or send some PMs, but I was always either without the time and calm to do so, or the energies. It didn't help that I never really warmed up to typing on my phone and dealing with the browser crashing whether it pleases - it takes me ages to write something on it.
That's ok, Fran. I know writing on a mobile phone can be a big pain in the ass - especially when one isn't used to it.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-05-2016 at 05:03 PM
Old 05-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

that so odd that suddenly Foggy is not interested in Karen..... Going to have to see how that plays out on screen. Hopefully they make it believable.

Happy Friday everyone
Old 05-05-2016, 10:24 PM
MST Manager

Thanks Amy. Happy Friday to everyone!
Old 05-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

anyone doing fun stuff the weekend?
Old 05-07-2016, 02:31 PM
MST Manager

I saw The Jungle Book at the cinema. It was great.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I want to see that movie. I have heard great things about it
Old 05-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

I went to the Hamburg Port Anniversary on Saturday to watch the ship's christening of the Aida Prima. The fireworks and lightshow were absolutely incredible, but the concession prices were insane. Like, a steak in a bun cost between 5 and 6€, a slice of pizza started at 4€, fish sandwiches started at 3€ but they were only half the size of last year, etc.