Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Off-Topic Thread #22: Cannibals, Vikings & Westeros freaks. Behold our fine taste in people.

Off Topic

Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
super late reply, sorry I'm very busy lately. I went climbing last Saturday, my best friend convinced me, I couldn't move on Sunday Everything hurt But it was fun
So this is how you got those killer legs, climbing is hard work!
Quote:
Dude. Have you seen the cast? Of course I'm watching it Also, VIKINGS! I didn't really like Sunday's episode though.
****ING RAGNAR.
He better work his butt off to win me back next season.
LAGERTHAAAAA.
The finale wasn't satisfying, but apparently the writers had to rethink their plans with a different number of episodes, so that explain things.

Also why is Rollo and his obnoxious rapist self so damn attractive. I know the actor from Robin Hood and I didn't find him hot there, nor I like the actor out of costume. But give him fur coats and scars and long hair and... UGHHHH.
I hate myself.
Quote:
You chose a very good time to become a Niko fan There were only GoT goodies one-two years ago.
Finally! For once I'm not late to the party.
Quote:
Watch watch watch!
Will do Will do Will do!
Quote:
He's like a saint compared to the other characters
He's like Nero (Jimmy Smits' character) in SoA Everyone is so ev0l. and then there's Nero
And both play (a sort of) guardian angel of a powerful lady.
Quote:
I almost forgot to add teh Niko Û__Û
Well, if you play dirty, I shall respond in kind:

Quote:
BTW, season 2 of Major Crimes will have 19 episodes. 19! (season 1 had only 10) I'm so happy right now
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I just read the latest pilot buzz report and I can't help wondering why ABC wants to pick up a OUAT spin-off show. OUAT's ratings have fallen in the gutter. What makes the executives think that people are going to watch a spin-off when they can't be bothered with the original anymore?
A spin-off? Focused on who/what?
I also thought the frenzy over fairytale adaptations was slowly dying, as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
Yes! I didn't reply to any of them because I didn't want to spam my followers even more but thanksss! IT WAS AMAZING I'll probably keep hating myself for not getting Gillian's autograph (why are things so expensive though) and not saying more to Lena but whatever I SAW THEM AND THEY BOTH PASSED RIGHT BY ME YESTERDAY AROUND 12 SO YEAH
You breathed the same air as Gillian and saw her in the flesh, that's better than an autograph! But I can completely relate, I don't know if I would hand out so much money no matter how much I love/admire somebody.
I'll have to check out your blog properly this week-end because I always fail at keeping up with all the posts on my dash and I'm sure I've missed some of your entries about the con.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 05-02-2013 at 07:11 PM
Old 05-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

Can you please stop with NCW, please?

I really wanna watch Vikings but I need to catch up with everything first. But I started Hannibal yesterday and I really liked the pilot. Bryan Fuller

Quote:
But I can completely relate, I don't know if I would hand out so much money no matter how much I love/admire somebody.
Yes. But I did that for Lena's autograph. But here's the thing, I have scholarship money that I haven't spend much so I didn't feel that guilty about spending it. And I wasn't planning on getting an autograph but I got there and I saw her and she looked so pretty () and all the booths around her were busy but her line was pretty much empty (and it remained like this for all three days, and it was even worse because Peter's booth was right in front of her and it was huge). Because her line was so empty you could stick around and talk to her for a while (which I didn't because my brain/everything wasn't working), my friend did that and Lena called her little dove So it was something very impulsive. I'm pretty sure I'd still get the autograph but I would have thought better about what to say and try to prepare myself psychologically.
I just realized (I'm slow and too many emotions) that when Lena passed by me I was next to Gillian's booth so this means that I was physically between my two favorite tv drama actresses (wow so many adjectives)
Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

The title

OMG NANDA WTFFFF. I AM SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW (and happy for you)

JAMES CALLIS, LENA, PETER, GILLIAN....OMG

Quote:
Realistically, someone like Joe would already have to be in a coma or something from all the blood loss and potential inflamation to the wound, but the writers of The Following do not care much for realism, unfortunately.
That's true He should be dead already

Quote:
I was just so glad that Claire hit him over the head with the vine bottle because about 1 minute earlier, I said to the computer screen that she should take the bottle and knock him out with it. She's about the only character that is behaving somewhat believable on the show.
I didn't see that coming at all, I don't know why. Yeah, she's the only character that behaves like a normal human being lol.

Quote:
Me too. She doesn't deserve to be buried alive.
I still can't believe that happened

THE ENDING I hope both Ryan and Claire are ok!

And Emma I guess she will be hungry for vengeance

I don't think Joe is dead though

Quote:
Congrats.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
So this is how you got those killer legs, climbing is hard work!
Yes it is Û__Û I've only climbed twice though I can't move for 2 days straight so I try to climb on Fridays. You should see my best friend, she's so fast

Quote:
****ING RAGNAR.
He better work his butt off to win me back next season.
LAGERTHAAAAA.
The finale wasn't satisfying, but apparently the writers had to rethink their plans with a different number of episodes, so that explain things.
EFFING RAGNAR I WAS SO FURIOUS LIKE WTF WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO YOUR EFFING BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT WIFE ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT.

His son was side-eyeing him so hard

The finale was not good, and the ending was so predictable. Rollo has gone to the 'dark side' now.

Oh, I didn't know that about the number of episodes, that explains things, yes.

Quote:
Also why is Rollo and his obnoxious rapist self so damn attractive. I know the actor from Robin Hood and I didn't find him hot there, nor I like the actor out of costume. But give him fur coats and scars and long hair and... UGHHHH.
I hate myself.
He's the most attractive of them all IMO. I don't like the character but daaaaaaaaaaaamn. I hope he doesn't die anytime soon. I didn't know him before, I didn't know he was in Robin Hood.
I hate myself too

Quote:
Finally! For once I'm not late to the party.
I'm always late to the party, but I wasn't with Niko either I watched the GoT pilot and I was in love lol

Quote:
Will do Will do Will do!
Good

Quote:
And both play (a sort of) guardian angel of a powerful lady.
That's true! :O

Quote:
Well, if you play dirty, I shall respond in kind:
*dead* I saw this one yesterday and I'm still on the floor.

Quote:
Congrats!
Thank you

Quote:
Off-Topic Thread #22: Lagertha for the Iron Throne. (only Anna and I will get this one, tho )
I love this one!!! Lagertha FTW! She's so cool. I wanna be like her when I grow up

Quote:

No.

Quote:
I really wanna watch Vikings but I need to catch up with everything first. But I started Hannibal yesterday and I really liked the pilot. Bryan Fuller
Vikings is not as good as Hannibal IMO but it's entertaining and it haz attractive actors on it And I think you're gonna love Lagertha.

Y'all should watch Bates Motel, that is the best show this season IMO.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
JAMES CALLIS, LENA, PETER, GILLIAN....OMG
I knowwwwwwwwwwww! I was such a stalker, especially with Lena

Quote:
No.
Just walking around...

Quote:
Vikings is not as good as Hannibal IMO but it's entertaining and it haz attractive actors on it And I think you're gonna love Lagertha.
Is she the blond woman?
Oh Bates Motel is also on my list but since I'm behind on 15 shows rn I can't start anything new until I catch up with at least half of them.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You ask us to stop but then contribute to the madness...

TAKE THIS:

Quote:
Yay for Hannibal! Vikings started great but had some troubles along the way. As I was saying with Anna, especially with some of the pacing.
Overall it's still entertaining and pretty and the female lead is A+, so I'm still in for the ride. But it's not a series I'd tell you to put in your priority list if you have other stuff to watch/catch up with. (and yep, Lagertha is the blonde young woman looking super fierce all the time )
Quote:
Yes. But I did that for Lena's autograph. But here's the thing, I have scholarship money that I haven't spend much so I didn't feel that guilty about spending it. And I wasn't planning on getting an autograph but I got there and I saw her and she looked so pretty and all the booths around her were busy but her line was pretty much empty (and it remained like this for all three days, and it was even worse because Peter's booth was right in front of her and it was huge). Because her line was so empty you could stick around and talk to her for a while (which I didn't because my brain/everything wasn't working), my friend did that and Lena called her little dove So it was something very impulsive. I'm pretty sure I'd still get the autograph but I would have thought better about what to say and try to prepare myself psychologically.
The heart wants what the heart wants. I understand why it was hard to resist - plus if you did have money to spare, not much reason for guilt. And it made you happy even if you tongue and brain wouldn't cooperate as much as you wanted, so it's all good!

But those prices are pretty crazy in general, imo. Was the possibility to take a picture with the actors included or that wasn't allowed/costed an extra? (perhaps you already mentioned this last month but I don't remember )
Quote:
I just realized (I'm slow and too many emotions) that when Lena passed by me I was next to Gillian's booth so this means that I was physically between my two favorite tv drama actresses (wow so many adjectives)
Quote:
The title
Nobody had picked anything, so I went with one of mine at random.
Quote:
Yes it is Û__Û I've only climbed twice though I can't move for 2 days straight so I try to climb on Fridays. You should see my best friend, she's so fast
LOL, aww. Only two times - of course you need recovery! I'm sure if you keep it up you'll be able to
Quote:
EFFING RAGNAR I WAS SO FURIOUS LIKE WTF WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO YOUR EFFING BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT WIFE ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT.
THE WHOLE GYDA THING, I JUST...
But I'm glad the show wrote everything so to make us really feel for Lagertha, even if Ragnar is the main character.
I'm a bit bummed by how fast he was consumed by his list for glory. I understand how important certain values and signs are important in the Vikings culture, but once again I think the pacing of the second part of the season really made some things come out a bit off even in light of what you learned of their world.
Quote:
His son was side-eyeing him so hard
That kid is a pain in the butt but he sure knows how to give adults a piece of his mind, lol. Bless.
Quote:
The finale was not good, and the ending was so predictable. Rollo has gone to the 'dark side' now.
I think my Thor/Loki love makes me ache for their frakked up brotherly bond more than the actual storylines do, but I ouch-end even if I saw it coming from kilometers away.
Quote:
He's the most attractive of them all IMO. I don't like the character but daaaaaaaaaaaamn. I hope he doesn't die anytime soon. I didn't know him before, I didn't know he was in Robin Hood.
I hate myself too
I lost the battle against my hormones completely here:

(His baptism remains one of the greatest moments of joy and lulz of the series, though. )

I do think it's the Vikings attire that does it for me.

Here is a piccie of him as Archer in Robin Hood (he was only in S3, the last one, as Guy and Robin's surprise!half-sibling - the crack of the storylines of that season, ahh *nostalgia*):

I barely paid attention to him there, but it might be also because 90% of my focus was on Guy, aka Richard Armitage (right behind him in the photo)
Quote:
I'm always late to the party, but I wasn't with Niko either I watched the GoT pilot and I was in love lol
I like when my lust goes hand in hand with the appreciation of the character. (SHUT UP ROLLO, not talking about you)
Quote:
*dead* I saw this one yesterday and I'm still on the floor.
Let's roll around together some more.
Quote:
I love this one!!! Lagertha FTW! She's so cool. I wanna be like her when I grow up
I want her to go on a rampage next year. Baby.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
TAKE THIS:
I don't like you.

Quote:
But those prices are pretty crazy in general, imo. Was the possibility to take a picture with the actors included or that wasn't allowed/costed an extra? (perhaps you already mentioned this last month but I don't remember )
They are. I saw one autograph that costed 100 bucks Nope, that was an extra thing. I took a photo with Peter Dinklage but only because my friends had already bought it so it costed me like $15 dollars. You couldn't even take photos of the actors on their booths because the security guard wouldn't allow it (and he would put himself in front of your shot). But I saw a few people who got away with it and got a photo with the actors when they were signing their stuff.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't like you.
Love you, too.
Quote:
They are. I saw one autograph that costed 100 bucks Nope, that was an extra thing. I took a photo with Peter Dinklage but only because my friends had already bought it so it costed me like $15 dollars. You couldn't even take photos of the actors on their booths because the security guard wouldn't allow it (and he would put himself in front of your shot). But I saw a few people who got away with it and got a photo with the actors when they were signing their stuff.
Damn, they sure try to milk every buck they can from these events. I understand the whole system, but if they went with slightly lower prices (60$ could be give you a photo with the actor, 30$ is MORE than enough for an autograph) they would have more people get the cash out for them, and balance things out anyway, imo.

For 100 dollars I expect Peter Dinklage to come read me a bedtime story. At my own house. /4everbroke
Old 05-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Damn, they sure try to milk every buck they can from these events. I understand the whole system, but if they went with slightly lower prices (60$ could be give you a photo with the actor, 30$ is MORE than enough for an autograph) they would have more people get the cash out for them, and balance things out anyway, imo.
I know. The photo and the autograph were almost the same price. But I actually liked getting the autograph much more than a photo. If you want to show off to your friends, take the photo, but if you wanna meet the actor get the autograph. Lena's line was so tiny I could have stayed there for ages, but I saw people talking for sometime even in the long lines. But all we had time to say to Peter was hi and what we wanted to do in the photo. Compared to other cons Calgary Expo was actually quite cheap (around $60 for three days) so I think they were compensating with the expensive autographs/photo-ops. But still. It's just an autograph/photo! For me it was almost completely worth it (it would be 100% worth it if I wasn't such an idiot) because I got to talk to Lena and she was very nice and adorable, but I'm pretty sure I won't do that again (unless I win the lottery).

Quote:
For 100 dollars I expect Peter Dinklage to come read me a bedtime story. At my own house. /4everbroke
same
Old 05-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Love you, too.

That's not how it works, unfortunately. As far as I know, the celebrities set their own prices. Bigger cons also pay them an appearance fee and cover their travel expenses. The con organizers basically only make money off of ticket sales and vendors.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's not how it works, unfortunately. As far as I know, the celebrities set their own prices. Bigger cons also pay them an appearance fee and cover their travel expenses. The con organizers basically only make money off of ticket sales and vendors.
But the price is somewhat discussed with the con people isn't it? Because the difference of prices made sense in context.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

I'll reply to everything tomorrow i just need to say this .____.

I met Ian Somerhalder and Paul Weasley today in Barcelona:

Old 05-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know. The photo and the autograph were almost the same price. But I actually liked getting the autograph much more than a photo. If you want to show off to your friends, take the photo, but if you wanna meet the actor get the autograph. Lena's line was so tiny I could have stayed there for ages, but I saw people talking for sometime even in the long lines. But all we had time to say to Peter was hi and what we wanted to do in the photo. Compared to other cons Calgary Expo was actually quite cheap (around $60 for three days) so I think they were compensating with the expensive autographs/photo-ops. But still. It's just an autograph/photo! For me it was almost completely worth it (it would be 100% worth it if I wasn't such an idiot) because I got to talk to Lena and she was very nice and adorable, but I'm pretty sure I won't do that again (unless I win the lottery).
You should've pulled a cunning Lannister-ish trick, fake a fainting, and use the extra time to gather your wits and think of more thing to tell her. J/k
I doubt I would ever pay so much for a photo or the autograph themselves, but the chance to chat a bit with the actor through that option is VERY tempting, indeed.
Quote:
Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought the con people paid the actors for the appearance/time spent at the autograph and photo booths, but then the money made by the pics and signs went to the organization.
Quote:
I'll reply to everything tomorrow i just need to say this .____.

Everybody here is meeting celebs left and right, and Alex and I are just chilling in front of the computer. Unfair!

I joke! Congrats, Anna!!
Did you know they would be there, or it was a happy accident?
How were they with the fans?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

OUAT is becoming ridiculous!!

They copied the Sawyer and Juliet scene from The incident! They also copied their reunion last season! But why?? The actors can't match Liz and Josh's acting on those scenes! It makes everything worse... ugh!! Please can we not?
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

If no miracle happens in the season finale, I'll be officially done with Revenge next week. I was bored out of my mind watching the episode today. There is no forward momentum or anything. Charlotte is back to her teenage rebellion days and now also pregnant with Declan's baby. Daniel is still the same old gullible fool when it comes to Emily like when he first met her. Conrad is about to become the Governor of New Jersey (sorry, but in what world would that ever happen?). Everybody is still completely in the dark about Emily etc. Even the acting of various cast-members seems to have went downhill lately. They're either overacting or not really trying anymore.

Quote:
But the price is somewhat discussed with the con people isn't it? Because the difference of prices made sense in context.
No idea, but I would assume that many of these actors are somewhat realistic when they are setting their prices. After all, if a relative no-name actor would demand $120 for a signature, they wouldn't be selling any autographs and that's not the object of the exercise.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. For some reason I thought the con people paid the actors for the appearance/time spent at the autograph and photo booths, but then the money made by the pics and signs went to the organization.
I used to think the same thing in the past. The organizers don't see any money from autograph sales. In fact, I've heard that for some of the older actors, the money they make from these con appearances is kind of like a second income that they are living off of because they aren't working anymore and only receive very small residual fees for shows they've been in in the 1970's or 80's.

Quote:
That's awesome. I would love to meet Ian. Did you get to talk to him?