Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
The previous plot "twists" felt organic, somehow - it's a fancy "soap", afterall, I expected things like the Turkish lover scandal - but that? Some annoying contrivance.
Well DA is high quality soap.

Quote:
But I'm proud of myself for sitting through all of it in one go, TV has reduced my attention span considerably, unfortunately.
Same here. I can't sit through a whole movie without stopping it a thousand times :/

Quote:
Timothy Olyphant's ridiculous level of attractiveness is starting to seriously bother me, though. It's distracting, ok?!
Yes! Completely agree.

I didn't like Alcatraz much either

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! they took megaupload off the air and I think it will only get worse. How am I supposed to watch my tv shows? Even if I had cable they take at least a month to get here. Parks is on Saturday at 7am! Also I have no internet so I haven't watched the last Parks episode
Old 01-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
ETA: I watched the first episode of Alcatraz, I didn't like it very much =/ I'll watch the second one and then I'll decide what to do.
Thanks this spoiler anna

Quote:
didn't like Alcatraz much either
and this it doesn't mean I wont watch it,Im going to watch it probably I may like it.

Quote:
I don't think I'll watch Alcatraz. I don't think the writers will ever give the audience a satisfying resolution to the show's questions/mysteries.
But I dont think their first season will be success.some people comment the pilot premier was fantastic,Im not contented their first ratings 3.3 obviously it will drop next week.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry Nanda I hope you find another way to download tv shows. Have you ever tried torrents?

Yes, watch it alphamae, maybe you'll like it Who knows, maybe it will be like Fringe, and it will get better and better.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
I've only read positive reviews about Smash, so I think I'll like it! And yes, the cast is great, I already know and like most of them so
I think Smash is one of the most highly anticipated series premieres on NBC this season. It's gonna be great to have Debra Messing on TV again. And Anjelica Huston is a fantastic actress. I don't think she's ever worked full-time on TV before. That should be fun to watch too.

Quote:
But I dont think their first season will be success.some people comment the pilot premier was fantastic,Im not contented their first ratings 3.3 obviously it will drop next week
Yeah, the ratings could have certainly been better, but I wouldn't worry about it yet. A lot depends on what Fox's expectations for the show are. Maybe they don't expect it to do much better than mid-2s.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry Nanda I hope you find another way to download tv shows. Have you ever tried torrents?
Torrents are slower, don't have half the amount of files (how am I supposed to download SNL now???) and I always feel bad if I don't seed but that takes at least 20 times the time it takes to download :/

Well at least my internet is back. Super slow though :/ I'm watching Parks almost one day later
Old 01-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I rolled my eyes too, lol. More Matthew/Mary annoying contrivances are on your way so be warned. I used to ship them in season 1, and I like them, they are cute, but I got a little bit tired of them.
I'm already tired of them. I have nothing against them, and I like the single characters a lot, I appreciate their dialogue/banter, but the lost baby plot would've been enough, and now there is Lavinia, too. (I hate the third person obstacle device IMMENSELY as I tend to side with them and get angry that they are set up to be the inevitable losers.)
Quote:
I love Carson's relationship with Mary:
I love their dinamics, too. That was one of the nicest parts of seeing Carson's "sweeter" side.
Quote:
And with Mrs. Hughes:
They are quite the team. Great scenes you picked there!
Quote:
Carson/telephone = OTP

Quote:
My favorite character is Mr. Bates though And my only ship is Bates/Anna. Do you have a favorite character or ship?
When I first started watching, Mr. Bates was the one who fascinated me the most. And I was rooting for him and Anna. I still like him a lot but I'm having some problems with both his character and Anna because... well, the writers seem stuck in the "stoic drama" phase with them. They're writing Anna as a bit of a Mary Sue (she is basically perfect - skilled, trustworthy, smart, loyal, has not one but two men sincerely interested in her, never make a mistake...). Bates isn't a Gary Stu by any means but I don't know how I feel about the (ex)-wife plot.
BTW, said ex-wife is making Thomas almost looks fun, lol.

Right now I don't really know who is my favorite character. I like almost all of them, and some have been gaining higher positions slowly but steadily (like Carson, and Branson).
Quote:
It was very sad And I don't wanna spoil you but More bad things happen to my poor Opie
But... but... nuuuuu.
Quote:
And it doesn't get any better
It sucks because I keep wondering if I'd ship Tara and Jax had her acting been more convincing, more... expressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Yep, although I don't use international reply coupons. They're too expensive. I use international stamps and luckily, almost everytime I send something to Los Angeles, the letter/stamps come back to me uncancelled, so I can theoretically use them all over again. I've only done it once so far, though.
Niiiice. Fingers crossed that keeps working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
Well DA is high quality soap.
Exactly, so I thought they were above the cheapest tricks in the book.
Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! they took megaupload off the air and I think it will only get worse. How am I supposed to watch my tv shows? Even if I had cable they take at least a month to get here. Parks is on Saturday at 7am! Also I have no internet so I haven't watched the last Parks episode
Sorry about being internet-less for P&R yesterday.

And I feel your pain about megaupload - to think about all the dead links out there. ;_; I relied on that site massively.
Hopefully it won't be the first of a long series. The SOPA and PIPA laws are on hold, so there's that.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Last night's episode of Fringe was absolutely fantastic! I finally got my Walter/Elizabethnate scenes and they were epic. I'm on such a Fringe high right now.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think Smash is one of the most highly anticipated series premieres on NBC this season. It's gonna be great to have Debra Messing on TV again. And Anjelica Huston is a fantastic actress. I don't think she's ever worked full-time on TV before. That should be fun to watch too.
I'm excited to see Debra Messing again on TV too Anjelica is so good And Jack Davenport I hope the show has good ratings.

Quote:
Last night's episode of Fringe was absolutely fantastic! I finally got my Walter/Elizabethnate scenes and they were epic. I'm on such a Fringe high right now.
sdahsajdhjksdsk!!! Really? I can't wait to watch it! I just got home and I still haven't watched it, it's downloading.

Quote:
Torrents are slower, don't have half the amount of files (how am I supposed to download SNL now???) and I always feel bad if I don't seed but that takes at least 20 times the time it takes to download :/

Well at least my internet is back. Super slow though :/ I'm watching Parks almost one day later
I'm so sorry Nanda Torrents are way faster for me than Megaupload though. That's why I never used it. I told this to my friend today: If they take torrents away from me I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. TV SHOWS ARE MY LIFE

And she was like: I know

She uses Megaupload too to download her shows and she's pissed

Quote:
I'm already tired of them. I have nothing against them, and I like the single characters a lot, I appreciate their dialogue/banter, but the lost baby plot would've been enough, and now there is Lavinia, too. (I hate the third person obstacle device IMMENSELY as I tend to side with them and get angry that they are set up to be the inevitable losers.
lol, you're already tired of them ITA. And it gets worse with Lavinia She becomes more than a loser. I don't know if you've seen it yet, I don't want to spoil you. I hated the Lavinia sotryline so much. WTF. It's obvious he wasn't in love with her. It's like with Dee and Lee in BSG. Poor Lavinia became a pathetic plot device

Quote:
I love their dinamics, too. That was one of the nicest parts of seeing Carson's "sweeter" side.
I agree I hope they have more scenes together. I'd love to see a flashback with Mary as a kid and Carson, lol. He said she was always her favorite <3

Quote:
They are quite the team. Great scenes you picked there!
They are great And they have a lot of shippers When I first knew they had shippers I was like WTF but now I get it They act like a married couple sometimes.

Quote:
When I first started watching, Mr. Bates was the one who fascinated me the most. And I was rooting for him and Anna. I still like him a lot but I'm having some problems with both his character and Anna because... well, the writers seem stuck in the "stoic drama" phase with them. They're writing Anna as a bit of a Mary Sue (she is basically perfect - skilled, trustworthy, smart, loyal, has not one but two men sincerely interested in her, never make a mistake...). Bates isn't a Gary Stu by any means but I don't know how I feel about the (ex)-wife plot.
BTW, said ex-wife is making Thomas almost looks fun, lol.
I agree. I shipped them hardcore in season 1 and now I just ship them. I didn't know what happened but now that you mention it, I agree with Anna being a bit of a Mary Sue there. lol, the ex-wife is evol,
Spoiler:
. That actress' character in The Tudors was my favorite tho.

Quote:
Right now I don't really know who is my favorite character. I like almost all of them, and some have been gaining higher positions slowly but steadily (like Carson, and Branson).
I like Branson too

Quote:
But... but... nuuuuu.
Yes my poor bb Opie For me it was even sadder than what happens in season 1, but I won't tell you why because it's a spoiler It happens at the end of season 4.

Quote:
It sucks because I keep wondering if I'd ship Tara and Jax had her acting been more convincing, more... expressive.
I know what you mean. I like them and I like their story and everything, but I can't ship them.

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 01-21-2012 at 12:01 PM
Old 01-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

According to TMZ, Heidi Klum and Seal are headed for divorce: http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/21/heidi-...ivorce-seal/4/

I feel very sorry for their children. How many do they have? 4?

Quote:
I'm excited to see Debra Messing again on TV too Anjelica is so good And Jack Davenport I hope the show has good ratings.
Me too. It's on NBC. Hopefully, it won't prove to be too much of a problem.

Quote:
sdahsajdhjksdsk!!! Really? I can't wait to watch it! I just got home and I still haven't watched it, it's downloading.
Yes. You have to see the episode Anna. The scenes were so great, but the whole episode was fantastic. John Noble and Orla Brady are so amazing together.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 01-21-2012 at 04:41 PM
Old 01-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Me too. It's on NBC. Hopefully, it won't prove to be too much of a problem.
I hope so too

Quote:
Yes. You have to see the episode Anna. The scenes were so great, but the whole episode was fantastic. John Noble and Orla Brady are so amazing together.
I watched it OMG this second half of the season is SO much better!

The Walter/Elizabeth scenes were fantastic

Walter's face when he saw her

GIVE JOHN NOBLE A FREAKING EMMY ALREADY DAMMIT

And the way she convinced him to help Peter And she forgave him for what he did in the past.

And the last scene between Walter & Peter :

"I just spent the last several days with the other Walter. And I was very surprised to learn that he was not the man that I thought he was. But I'm not at all surprised to learn that you are." *insert Michael Giacchino's music*

I still need to gif that.

AND WTF, NINA? WTF IS SHE DOINGGG?
Old 01-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Anna, those gifs. Thanks for sharing them on this thread. Perfect scene is perfect.

Quote:
I watched it OMG this second half of the season is SO much better!
I agree. I could totally understand why people were complaining about the first 7 episodes of the season, but I don't get why they're still doing it now. The last 2 episodes were amazing.

Quote:
And the last scene between Walter & Peter :

"I just spent the last several days with the other Walter. And I was very surprised to learn that he was not the man that I thought he was. But I'm not at all surprised to learn that you are." *insert Michael Giacchino's music*

I still need to gif that.
That scene was wonderful too. It's so great that Fringe is finally getting back on track.

Quote:
AND WTF, NINA? WTF IS SHE DOINGGG?
Nina seems to be evil in this timeline. I'm curious if she's been funding Jones' operations or if she has been replaced by a shapeshifter like alternate!Broyles.

I just found this article and I think it could be a spoilery hint at a future TWD casuality:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 01-22-2012 at 04:23 PM
Old 01-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hate the third person obstacle device IMMENSELY as I tend to side with them and get angry that they are set up to be the inevitable losers.
Ugh, me too. And in DA it was especially stupid and pointless. The way it ended

Quote:
When I first started watching, Mr. Bates was the one who fascinated me the most. And I was rooting for him and Anna.
Same. Now I hate him and I just want him to stay way from Anna. Sorry

Quote:
to think about all the dead links out there. ;_; I relied on that site massively.
Same... I barely used the others, only when megaupload was slow. And now rip filesonic

Probably shouldn't be watching anything right now because I'm not getting excited about anything (except Breaking Bad, holy ****! Season 3 was incredible as much as I love Mad Men, BB deserved the Emmy in 2010). I liked the last Fringe but meh, wasn't really paying much attention :/

Quote:
Torrents are way faster for me than Megaupload though.
Not here :/ megaupload was like 500, 600 kb/s and torrent is hardly ever more than 300 kb/s :/ also most stuff I want don't exist or don't have many seeds
And exactly! Tv shows are my life and that's the only way I can watch them. Even if I wait for the DVDs most of my shows don't come out on DVD here (NO PARKS! )
Old 01-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

FIRST THEY TOOK MEGAUPLOAD AWAY FROM US, THEN TODAY FILESONIC WAS GONE, TOO.
RAGEEEEEE and sadnesss.

I witnessed Filesonic's death live - I was getting one of the last episodes of SoA S3, but I made a mistake so I restarted the modem and tried again 15 seconds later and got the message saying the service had been closed. *lonely tear rolling down my cheek*
Quote:
lol, you're already tired of them ITA. And it gets worse with Lavinia She becomes more than a loser. I don't know if you've seen it yet, I don't want to spoil you. I hated the Lavinia sotryline so much. WTF. It's obvious he wasn't in love with her. It's like with Dee and Lee in BSG. Poor Lavinia became a pathetic plot device
I haven't seen its resolution yet - I'm at episode 3, the one when Mary & co. find out Lavinia has been selling info about the Marconi scaldal to save her own father. Yes, Matthew doesn't love her, and leading her on while we keep seeing that she truly cares about her completely turns me off rooting for him to get his happy ending. I should understand all about marriages in that period and how many people simply settled down, and fast, but still.
I understand Mary's situation better - sure, the mess all started because she tried to buy herself time when she thought she might get a brother (****ty move), but at least her "romantic plot device", Richard, is just as enthusiastic about them and in love with her as she is with him (= not at all). They know where the other stands.
Quote:
I agree I hope they have more scenes together. I'd love to see a flashback with Mary as a kid and Carson, lol. He said she was always her favorite <3
Tonight I watched the A Very Carson Christmas clip.
I... don't think I'll ever look at DA the same way.
I almost chocked. Lmao.
Quote:
They are great And they have a lot of shippers When I first knew they had shippers I was like WTF but now I get it They act like a married couple sometimes.
Wow, I never considered them "shippable", either, but you're right - it kind of makes sense.
Quote:
I agree. I shipped them hardcore in season 1 and now I just ship them. I didn't know what happened but now that you mention it, I agree with Anna being a bit of a Mary Sue there. lol, the ex-wife is evol,
Spoiler:
. That actress' character in The Tudors was my favorite tho.
Queen Catherine. Fierce bitch.
Quote:
I like Branson too
He has spunk.
Quote:
Yes my poor bb Opie For me it was even sadder than what happens in season 1, but I won't tell you why because it's a spoiler It happens at the end of season 4.
Don't tell me so, I'm already emotionally destroyed after watching Jax consider leaving his son with the adoptive couple in Belfast (the music, the music in that scene - I told myself to get a grip but I got misty-eyed anyway. And then proceeded to rewatch it not only a second but a third time, too, because I'm a masochist and that man cries and angsts so beautifully).

I'm at episode 12 of S3, only the finale left to watch. Marathon? HELL YEAH.
Last episode I saw during the first watching was 3x05, btw.
Quote:
I know what you mean. I like them and I like their story and everything, but I can't ship them.
Yes, she sort of kills any angst, especially because she has this tendency to show a glimpse of emotion, or of crying, and then switch back to "blank" without any progression at. all.
Now, to look at the bright side - I love... her hair.
Quote:
According to TMZ, Heidi Klum and Seal are headed for divorce: Heidi Klum to File for Divorce From Seal | TMZ.com

I feel very sorry for their children. How many do they have? 4?
Such a shame, I really thought they were "safe". I don't follow the stories much but I remember seeing many pics of them doing things together and they looked so natural and serene.
Quote:
I just found this article and I think it could be a spoilery hint at a future TWD casuality:
Thanks for that.
Spoiler:

Quote:
LOL, what did he do. Now I'm a bit scared.
Quote:
Same... I barely used the others, only when megaupload was slow. And now rip filesonic
I just ranted about it above before seeing this! LOL, let's mourn together. wE can wear matching outfits at the direct download sites funerals.

I usually use torrents for recent movies only. But hey, like the old saying teachs me: adapt to survive.
I have Nanda's same problem: sometimes torrents are a pain in the butt with old or not-so-popular stuff.

Now, last but not least - actually, the following is the most important thing - I need to apologize profusely to Alex because I totally missed her b-day (last Friday) and only realized it half a hour ago entering the mod section.

SORRY!!

Let's make it right:

Happy Belated Birthday, Alex!!

I hope you had a great day and could celebrate this week-end, and have a wonderful time.

It's late and I couldn't make you anything better , but have a very last minute mini-picspam of pretty things that hopefully will make you happy:

Old 01-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

OMG Alex, I forgot it was your birthday, I'm sorry!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you had a great day

I'm gonna make something for you

Quote:
Oh Anna, those gifs. Thanks for sharing them on this thread. Perfect scene is perfect.
You're welcome I made a lot of Fringe gifs yesterday Yes, perfect scene is perfect, my favorite of the episode

"I'm afraid".

LET ME LOVE YOU WALTER

Quote:
I agree. I could totally understand why people were complaining about the first 7 episodes of the season, but I don't get why they're still doing it now. The last 2 episodes were amazing.
I don't read anything people post about Fringe, are they complaining after these last two AMAZING episodes? WTF? I don't understand Fringe fans, seriously. When I read most of them didn't like season 3 I was shocked It is and probably will always be my favorite. The first half of season 4 wasn't that good, especially after season 3, but now I love it.

Quote:
That scene was wonderful too. It's so great that Fringe is finally getting back on track.
Yes, finally

“I just spent the last several days with the other Walter. And I was very surprised to learn that he was not the man that I thought he was. But I’m not at all surprised to learn that you are.”

Father/son relationships, they kill me

Quote:
Nina seems to be evil in this timeline. I'm curious if she's been funding Jones' operations or if she has been replaced by a shapeshifter like alternate!Broyles.
Yes, I thought about the shapeshifter possibility too. I don't want her to be evil. It's either that or she has a plan. I TRUST ALL THE NINAS

Quote:
Ugh, me too. And in DA it was especially stupid and pointless. The way it ended
ITA It was all for nothing, so pointless. And I won't say anymore because I don't wanna spoil Fran, but yes, the way it ended

Quote:
Why? How can you hate Mr. Bates? I don't like him as much as in season 1 and I don't ship them as much but I still want them together.

Quote:
Not here :/ megaupload was like 500, 600 kb/s and torrent is hardly ever more than 300 kb/s :/ also most stuff I want don't exist or don't have many seeds
And exactly! Tv shows are my life and that's the only way I can watch them. Even if I wait for the DVDs most of my shows don't come out on DVD here (NO PARKS! )
Really? Torrents are like 900 kb/s for me. Megaupload is way slower.

Oh no I really hope you can find another way to watch them.

Quote:
I haven't seen its resolution yet - I'm at episode 3, the one when Mary & co. find out Lavinia has been selling info about the Marconi scaldal to save her own father. Yes, Matthew doesn't love her, and leading her on while we keep seeing that she truly cares about her completely turns me off rooting for him to get his happy ending. I should understand all about marriages in that period and how many people simply settled down, and fast, but still.
I understand Mary's situation better - sure, the mess all started because she tried to buy herself time when she thought she might get a brother (****ty move), but at least her "romantic plot device", Richard, is just as enthusiastic about them and in love with her as she is with him (= not at all). They know where the other stands.
Yeah, exactly I don't like the Mary/Richard storyline either, but, like you said, they know where the other stands. The Lavinia one bothers me to no end, because that poor girl is suffering, and you haven't seen anything yet Let me just tell you, you'll be furious

Quote:
Tonight I watched the A Very Carson Christmas clip.
I... don't think I'll ever look at DA the same way.
I almost chocked. Lmao.
I still have to watch that. I've only seen some gifs and I was rolling already

Quote:
Queen Catherine. Fierce bitch.
Fierce bitches are always my favorite

Catherine and her daughter Mary were my favorite characters, and I thought the actresses did a great job.

Quote:
Don't tell me so, I'm already emotionally destroyed after watching Jax consider leaving his son with the adoptive couple in Belfast (the music, the music in that scene - I told myself to get a grip but I got misty-eyed anyway. And then proceeded to rewatch it not only a second but a third time, too, because I'm a masochist and that man cries and angsts so beautifully).
THAT SCENE. It was so well done. Yeah, the music I WAS LIKE 'NOOOO' I rewatched it too, it was so beautiful and sad. And his acting was so good.

Quote:
I'm at episode 12 of S3, only the finale left to watch. Marathon? HELL YEAH.
Last episode I saw during the first watching was 3x05, btw.
Woah, you are fast! And I thought you had only watched season 1, you were almost caught up already!

Quote:
Yes, she sort of kills any angst, especially because she has this tendency to show a glimpse of emotion, or of crying, and then switch back to "blank" without any progression at. all.
OMG yes, you got it I couldn't see what was wrong with her, but now I see it.

Quote:
Now, to look at the bright side - I love... her hair.
Yeah, me too She's beautiful. And I like her character. It's just, if the acting was a liiiiitle bit better, I'd probably like her more.

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 01-23-2012 at 02:27 AM
Old 01-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

nooooo! We missed your birthday HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!!!

Quote:
FIRST THEY TOOK MEGAUPLOAD AWAY FROM US, THEN TODAY FILESONIC WAS GONE, TOO.
RAGEEEEEE and sadnesss.
*group hug* they took down another one but I never used it

Quote:
LOL, what did he do. Now I'm a bit scared.
he's all Mr. Right, he's one dimensional (I think Fellows needs to have Thomas and Bates as completely opposites) and he exists.

Yeah, for movies I use torrent. But sometimes it takes weeks :/

Quote:
When I read most of them didn't like season 3 I was shocked It is and probably will always be my favorite. The first half of season 4 wasn't that good, especially after season 3, but now I love it.
I doubt those people will ever like Fringe again

Quote:
Really? Torrents are like 900 kb/s for me. Megaupload is way slower.
You're lucky. Also your internet is faster (I had to get a slower one because my city sucks and the cable couldn't handle the fastest one )

A Very Carson Christmas "Rumor has it" was the best

Quote:
Woah, you are fast! And I thought you had only watched season 1, you were almost caught up already!
You're always talking about my fast skills, but Fran is pretty fast too!