Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay SoA is a really good show! I liked all the seasons so far and I can't wait for season 5 (next september)
Gah I haven't watched any S4 episode yet.
But I love the show, I truly do. You know when you like something but leave it aside for a while, and forget a bit about it. That was me - I'm very early in the rewatch (episode 3 of S1) but just seeing the pilot again made me wonder how I could snub this show for so long.

The fact that SOA almost never get recognition reminds me why I should just stop caring about awards alltogether, because 90% of the time they are a popularity joke. And juries are full of sheeps.
Quote:
Season 2 of TWD has been hella boring and slow I liked some scenes, but that's all. I'll keep watching because of the zombies and the cast.
I don't mind a slow pace, and I don't mind if there isn't a lot of action going on either, if only a show uses that "chilling" time to get us good character development. But that didn't really happen. All I remember are many monologues and dialogue that felt somehow forced.
That's not to say I came to hate the show or anything, but part of my interest has faded, for sure.
Quote:
The Closer cast reading the script for the last episode:

x1000000000000000000000000000000
At least you have the sequel to look forward to! That's a rare privilege when you're fan of a show going off the air.
Quote:
Also, Leo (dr. strangeluv from the V board) made this for me, it's Walter and Nina and a strawberry milshake. It's so cute:
That's UBER cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Thanks. I'm hoping it was just one of those annoying foiler some people with too much time on their hands like to infest the web with.
Spoiler:

Quote:
P.S: We'll get married in Sanrioland.

Sanrio isn't even that much popular - it could really be a sign of soulmate-y connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Oh my god, I just saw the promo for the season finale of Homeland. I need the episode NOW!
I saw it too - but first I was "ASDFGHKFSFJGFGHD!!!", but then I got all "WTF why did they release this now?!"
I feel both too pumped and too spoiled for my own good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
laughing because of the whole 'great timing' thing, it's not even funny, but you'll see.
LOL, now I wish I could decode the hint.
Quote:
Wait, wait! Homeland finale is tonight??? Noooo! I want to catch up before that! I still have 5 episodes to go
Tonight it's the second to last episode. I guess they have already started to pimp the finale, though.
Quote:
The three I don't watch are on my list. I would replace MF with Community and everything would be beautiful
I only watch 2 of those shows (I'm still at S1 of TGW so I'm not counting it).
So I can't really comment. But I approve of the inclusion of Community by default.

Watched There Will Be Blood tonight. SO. MUCH. LOVE.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
The fact that SOA almost never get recognition reminds me why I should just stop caring about awards alltogether, because 90% of the time they are a popularity joke. And juries are full of sheeps.
*cough*Modern Family and Glee*cough* I still love and care a lot about awards shows GG and SAG this week!!

Quote:
Tonight it's the second to last episode. I guess they have already started to pimp the finale, though.
Oh good. I'll have more time. I'm watching 1x06 now

Quote:
I only watch 2 of those shows (I'm still at S1 of TGW so I'm not counting it).
you have to change that!

Quote:
RIGHT?? I love PTA movies so much. Okay, I've only seen three but they are three of my favorite movies. (sidenote: when I found out he has a relationship with Maya Rudolph I freaked out a bit. and then I concluded he knows Amy, so I died) And Daniel Day Lewis is just incredible. And Paul Dano is pretty good too. Cinematography
Old 12-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
*cough*Modern Family and Glee*cough* I still love and care a lot about awards shows GG and SAG this week!!
You're feeding a corrupted system.
Quote:
Oh good. I'll have more time. I'm watching 1x06 now
You're doing great.
Quote:
you have to change that!
I'll get to them. Slowly.
Quote:
RIGHT?? I love PTA movies so much. Okay, I've only seen three but they are three of my favorite movies. (sidenote: when I found out he has a relationship with Maya Rudolph I freaked out a bit. and then I concluded he knows Amy, so I died) And Daniel Day Lewis is just incredible. And Paul Dano is pretty good too. Cinematography
Nooo Maya Rudolph. I associate her name/face to bad memories now.
The cinematography is amazing. So captivating. This is one of those movies I REALLY wish I had seen/could still watch in theatre.
Daniel Day-Lewis knocked it out of the park. The movie is over 2 and a half hours long, but I could've watched him for 5.
The movie was just fantastic, all around.

In other news: Once Upon A Time - not cool, not cool AT ALL. *grumpy face*
I watch you for the fluff. You took away my eyecandy of choice.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You're feeding a corrupted system.
I can't help myself

Quote:
Nooo Maya Rudolph. I associate her name/face to bad memories now.
have you watched Bridesmaid?

Quote:
This is one of those movies I REALLY wish I had seen/could still watch in theatre.
omg yes! that would be amazing! That movie didn't feel like 2h30 at all to me.

I still haven't watched OUAT
Old 12-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Extreme Fan

still watched the walking dead but much rather like season 1because season 2 slowly and boring,they are just minimize the zombie features. watch also homelang because of Morena wanted to see her how did she upgrade her new role
Old 12-12-2011, 04:51 AM
Elite Fan

Last night's episode of Homeland was freaking fantastic. I don't know how Claire Danes is doing it, but every time I think she can't possibly top herself, she does. Her performance last night was pure brilliance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamae (View Post)
still watched the walking dead but much rather like season 1because season 2 slowly and boring,they are just minimize the zombie features. watch also homelang because of Morena wanted to see her how did she upgrade her new role
I sadly think they are showing less zombies because AMC cut the show's budget in half. They shot themselves in the foot with that move.

Quote:
In other news: Once Upon A Time - not cool, not cool AT ALL. *grumpy face*
I watch you for the fluff. You took away my eyecandy of choice.
Tonight's episode confirmed for me that I did the right thing in approaching this show as a popcorn show and refraining from getting myself emotionally attached. Otherwise, I would already get frustrated at the early signs of Lost style writing popping up, e.g. lightswitching epic love between characters and gunning for early character deaths just to shock the audience.

Quote:
*blinks*

*blinks again*

*does not compute*

Well. It worked on Game of Thrones, so there is that...?
I don't even want to know how they would do it in this case, though.
I only saw a sneak peek of Deb oogling Dexter from the side and it already gave me the creeps. It's such a shame, but the show really does seem to have devolved into nonsense ever since former head writer Melissa Rosenberg left. That always seems to happen when the head writer/showrunner leaves. I can't think of a single instance right now where it actually helped to improve a show.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 12-12-2011 at 01:59 PM
Old 12-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
awww that Nina/Walter thing is adorable, Anna! And am I invited to the wedding?
I know Leo's drawings are always so cute

Of course With one condition: bring brigadeiro as a wedding present

Quote:
Gah I haven't watched any S4 episode yet.
But I love the show, I truly do. You know when you like something but leave it aside for a while, and forget a bit about it. That was me - I'm very early in the rewatch (episode 3 of S1) but just seeing the pilot again made me wonder how I could snub this show for so long.
I hope you enjoy it I'd rewatch it if I had the time, it is that good! Same with GoT. They are best shows I've watched this year.

Quote:
I agree. It should win more awards, it is better that most of the other shows. At least Katey Sagal's talent has been recognized, but all the other actors are really good too, and the show itself should win an award for every season

Quote:
I don't mind a slow pace, and I don't mind if there isn't a lot of action going on either, if only a show uses that "chilling" time to get us good character development. But that didn't really happen. All I remember are many monologues and dialogue that felt somehow forced.
That's not to say I came to hate the show or anything, but part of my interest has faded, for sure.
I agree. I don't mind a slow pace either, but yeah, nothing happens, not even character development (except for Daryl). I'm very disappointed with what they did with Rick this season, he has been so underused. I don't hate the show either, and I think I'll never stop watching it as long as they don't kill everyone, because I love the zombies (the special effects, I mean) and the cast. In other words, I do not watch it for the plot, lol. But it pales in comparison to other shows like GoT, SoA or Fringe. The Closer is a procedural and it's 10 times more interesting and has way more character development than TWD, lol.

Quote:
At least you have the sequel to look forward to! That's a rare privilege when you're fan of a show going off the air.
Yes. Thank god I have the spin-off, I wouldn't make it otherwise At least I won't have to say goodbye to EVERYONE. Only Brenda and two or three other characters (my least favorite characters, so it won't be that hard). I'll have some kleenex ready for the finale this summer though. It will be tough to say goodbye to Brenda. She's annoying, but I love her, lol. There's a new episode tonight, by the way

I only ask for one thing for the finale: a Brenda/Sharon hug If that happens I'm gonna puke rainbows for real. They went from "I hate you biatch" to "don't leave me ;____;" (well, not like that, but almost ) in three seasons. I JUST WANT THEM TO HUG AND BE FRIENDS.

And then I'll be too busy to mourn The Closer because I'll be giffing the hell out of Major Crimes

Quote:
That's UBER cute.
I know We were talking about Walter and Nina and milkshakes and rainbows and this happened

Quote:

Sanrio isn't even that much popular - it could really be a sign of soulmate-y connection.
Right? That's it, we're soulmates

I love Sanrio too much. I discovered a Sanrio outlet once in Barcelona. Everything is 50% off. I WENT CRAZY I spent like half an hour in that shop. I need to go back

Quote:
I'll watch it next weekend then!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Of course With one condition: bring brigadeiro as a wedding present
Will do!

Quote:
They went from "I hate you biatch" to "don't leave me ;____;" (
hey! that's Ben&Leslie, sort of

Quote:
I'll watch it next weekend then!
:yay; enjoy! when are you watching Parks?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Will do!
they have to be HOMEMADE, plz Norman and I deserve the best

Quote:
hey! that's Ben&Leslie, sort of
I'm gonna ship them then Or at least like them.

But you suffer a lot with those kind of ships/friendships (at least until they become friends/lovers) Brenda and Sharon are in the ANGST phase now. And I'm like STUPID PEOPLE JUST HUG They are too stuborn and proud. They talk about their relationship using METAPHORS. And I'm like JUST HUG IT OUT. I swear I'm gonna have a heart attack someday. James Duff (The Closer's creator/producer/writer) is a cruel bastard.

Didn't you hate Ben and Leslie sometimes?

Quote:
:yay; enjoy! when are you watching Parks?
As soon as I can I'll let you know, don't worry. I have a week off for Xmas, maybe I'll start watching it then, but I can't promise anything.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
they have to be HOMEMADE, plz Norman and I deserve the best
Duh. And not to brag but I make pretty good brigadeiro (the only thing I know how to cook )

Quote:
I'm gonna ship them then Or at least like them.
I think you will. It's very hard to find someone who doesn't like them

aww

Quote:
Didn't you hate Ben and Leslie sometimes?
no, are you crazy? their "hate" didn't last long, they soon realized how awesome the other one was.

Quote:
As soon as I can I'll let you know, don't worry. I have a week off for Xmas, maybe I'll start watching it then, but I can't promise anything.
Oh awesome, I hope you can watch it then!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Duh. And not to brag but I make pretty good brigadeiro (the only thing I know how to cook )
Excellent I'll eat them all then I wish I knew how to make them, but then I'd make tons and I'd eat them all and I'd get fat

Quote:
I think you will. It's very hard to find someone who doesn't like them
Yaaay! I think so too.

Quote:
aww
Thanks I really need a hug after I finish watching each episode There was no Sharon in the last episode so I took a break from suffering

Quote:
no, are you crazy?
I know, I could never hate Suliet or Adama/Roslin (WHEN ARE YOU WATCHING BSG? ).But with Brenda/Sharon I get all mad and frustrated and I even insult them (that's why I stoppped watching the show in the train ).

Can you watch Parks & Rec with other people around while trying to remain calm?

Quote:
their "hate" didn't last long, they soon realized how awesome the other one was.
Oh man, you were lucky then I guess I'll have that in the finale It's different with a friendship though.

Quote:
Oh awesome, I hope you can watch it then!
I hope so too I'll try to watch it!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Excellent I'll eat them all then I wish I knew how to make them, but then I'd make tons and I'd eat them all and I'd get fat
not a good idea. but they are very easy to make especially if you eat straight from the pan (best kind)

Quote:
WHEN ARE YOU WATCHING BSG?
I know, I know. But I have 11 shows to watch this summer and BSG is not a priority. But only Will and Grace and X-Files have a bunch of episodes so I might be able to watch BSG (I'm watching X-Files with a friend so I won't go all crazy on it, I think?)

Quote:
But with Brenda/Sharon I get all mad and frustrated and I even insult them (that's why I stoppped watching the show in the train ).
sorry, I'm imagining you screaming at the screen

Quote:
Can you watch Parks & Rec with other people around while trying to remain calm?
Never did that but I doubt. People would think I'm craaaazy. Every time I watch Parks I'm clapping my hands () all the time, and laughing like a maniac and crying. I cry a lot watching Parks.

Quote:
It's different with a friendship though.
It is. I can't think of any friendship like that atm

OUAT has become so boring. They have one episode left to convince me or I won't be watching it in 2012. Also don't make me ship a couple and then kill half
Old 12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
not a good idea. but they are very easy to make especially if you eat straight from the pan (best kind)
I'll try to make them some day then. If i become addicted to them it will be your fault I'm like Walter Bishop/Brenda when it comes to sweets, I iz addicted, so I try to avoid them

Quote:
I know, I know. But I have 11 shows to watch this summer and BSG is not a priority. But only Will and Grace and X-Files have a bunch of episodes so I might be able to watch BSG (I'm watching X-Files with a friend so I won't go all crazy on it, I think?)
OMGOMGOMGOMG

I loved all of those shows, btw. Will & Grace's Karen You're gonna love her And Jack too The X Files is just epic and a must watch Are you liking it so far? I guess it looks kinda old to your right now, lol. I watched it when it aired in Spain when I was a kid and I was hooked. My parents wouldn't let me watch it because I was too young but I watched it anyway

and lol at 11 shows You crazy, gurl

Quote:
sorry, I'm imagining you screaming at the screen
That's what I do

Quote:
Never did that but I doubt. People would think I'm craaaazy. Every time I watch Parks I'm clapping my hands () all the time, and laughing like a maniac and crying. I cry a lot watching Parks.
Good girl, people would think you're crazy, believe me

I do the same with The Closer. But I don't cry (please send me to Santa Rosa with Hurley if I ever cry watching The Closer). I will cry during the finale though because I'm gonna miss Brenda and Kyra

Quote:
It is. I can't think of any friendship like that atm
Me either. They are pretty unique It's all Mary and Kyra's fault though, because they didn't want to just hate each other, they wanted to make it more than that, more ~deep and etc and at first I was like: YESS, I love this But now it's all angst and I'm like WTFFFFF . They are reaching epic OTP levels of angst right now

"clash of the obsessive, moderately eccentric, beskirted titans" --> best description of them, from a review But that was back when they just hated each other. Now they have lots of feelings

Quote:
OUAT has become so boring. They have one episode left to convince me or I won't be watching it in 2012.
I don't think I'm gonna watch it. I'm sorry, but that show looks so cheesy to me. I like cheesy shows sometimes (hi Downton Abbey) (it is amazing though ) but I see gifs and arts and people talking about OUAT on tumblr and I'm like...is that like...a Disney movie...WITH REAL PEOPLE? And does it work? I guess it has to be good because everyone loves this show now. But I hated the movie Enchanted. Is it like that?

Quote:
Also don't make me ship a couple and then kill half
OUCH! I'm sorry Welcome to my life. Did you like them a lot?

Ok, I'm off, I have to get up early tomorrow and watch The Closer go to work.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
If i become addicted to them it will be your fault I'm like Walter Bishop/Brenda when it comes to sweets, I iz addicted, so I try to avoid them
okay. and same here! But i'm not that good at avoiding them

Oh I think I already like Karen I mean, Megan Mullally! and I haven't started X-Files yet, Wednesday, I think.

Quote:
and lol at 11 shows You crazy, gurl
I know. but there aren't that many episodes
Louie - 26
UCB - 20
The Hour - 6
Homeland - 4
Breaking Bad - 26
Happy Endings - 22
Wonderfalls - 13
Sports Night - 34
Greek - 74
223. Okay, more than I thought. But I don't know if I'll watch all episodes of Greek for example.

Quote:
please send me to Santa Rosa with Hurley if I ever cry watching The Closer
why?

Enchanted is much better imo. And it OUAT was always cheesy but it didn't bother me at first

Quote:
Did you like them a lot?
nah. and I'm familiar with that life. S&J, Dexter&Rita, Cat&Ned

Have fun watching it! bye!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
okay. and same here! But i'm not that good at avoiding them
Well, me either I try to avoid them...but fail

Quote:
Oh I think I already like Karen I mean, Megan Mullally! and I haven't started X-Files yet, Wednesday, I think.
She's awesome and funny

Good

Quote:
I know. but there aren't that many episodes
223. Okay, more than I thought. But I don't know if I'll watch all episodes of Greek for example.
OMG, those are a lot of episodes

Quote:
why?
Because it's not supposed to make me cry I never cry unless it's very very sad (like Lost or BSG or in GoT
Spoiler:

Quote:
Enchanted is much better imo. And it OUAT was always cheesy but it didn't bother me at first
OMG, then I would hate that show for sure This concept just doesn't work for me with real people. Also, I'm not a big fan of Jennifer Morrison.

Quote:
nah. and I'm familiar with that life. S&J, Dexter&Rita, Cat&Ned

Quote:
Have fun watching it! bye!
Thank you There's was no Sharon in this episode either, so I have been able to watch it in the train But Brenda's dad has cancer James Duff always finds a way to make us suffer