Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2014, 04:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
The Saturn Awards ceremony is in June, right?
I just checked. The ceremony will be held on June 26, 2014, in Burbank, California.

Quote:
I'm currently watching Sleepy Hollow and I'm loving it. The two sisters are nice. And the 200 year old man is nice too.
I haven't watched Sleepy Hollow yet, but I may have to check out some season 2 episodes because Matt Barr will have a recurring role on the show.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

I have looked through the Emmy ballots today. Revolution submitted itself for consideration in the following categories:

Quote:
Lead Actor Drama (Billy Burke)
Lead Actress Drama (Tracy Spiridakos)
Supporting Actor Drama (Stephen Collins, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth)
Supporting Actress Drama (Elizabeth Mitchell)
Cinematography (Jimmy Lindsey for episode "Born in the U.S.A." and William H. Wages for episode "Dead Man Walking")
Sound Editing (For episode "Dreamcatcher")
Sound Mixing (For episode "Dreamcatcher")
Stunt Coordination

Source

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 06-10-2014 at 07:36 PM
Old 06-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Alex.

If I said that I think they have any chances, I'd be lying. But good luck to cast and crew anyway!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

I think they have a shot at stunt coordination, but not much else. I am no expert when it comes to sound editing/mixing, though, so I am probably not a good judge when it comes to evaluating their chances in those categories...
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Some info concerning the BluRay and DVD release of season 2 of Revolution:

Quote:
Revolution - 'The Complete 2nd Season' Announced: Date, Cost, Packaging, Extras

Mid-August release on Blu-ray Disc and DVD from Warner Home Video

Imagine a world where all technology - computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights - has suddenly and mysteriously blacked out…everywhere. What's left is a post-apocalyptic landscape inhabited by ruthless paramilitary groups, heroic freedom fighters - and a family struggling to survive in this epic adventure thriller from Supernatural's Eric Kripke and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions.

Seen through the eyes of a fiercely determined young woman, Charlie Matheson, who has lost members of her family in the blackout's tragic aftermath, but has gained a new family and a new purpose, REVOLUTION follows a rogue band of rebels - including Charlie's secretive mother Rachel and estranged uncle Miles, a former marine and militia leader - as they face danger at every turn in an attempt to overthrow the Militia, and ultimately return power to the people. Unravel the mystery of the blackout and feel the power of this new hit series!

Warner Home Video has announced the August 19th release of Revolution - The Complete 2nd Season. It will be available as a 5-disc DVD version, for $59.98 SRP, or as a Blu-ray/DVD combo on 9 discs, which includes an UltraViolet digital copy of every episode, for $69.97 SRP. Package art for both can be seen below, and here's the list of bonus material that Warner shows will be included for bother versions:

- Revolution: Heading West (featurette) - Creator Eric Kripke discusses his vision for the evolution of Revolution and his approach to new story possibilities
- Impact Revolution: Conversations with the United Nations (featurette) - A piece that captures the collaboration between the United Nations and the Revolution creative team
- United Nations: The Mission Continues PSA - United Nations Development Program public service announcement on the micro-hydropower plants of Nepal and their benefits on the local communities
- 2013 Comic Con panel
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel

Old 06-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

^The cover of the box looks good! It has Gene too!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it looks nice. I just wish Monroe wasn't placed all the way in the back. You almost need a magnifying glass to see him.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

The cover looks nice, indeed! Rachel got a nice placement this time.
Monroe should've swapped places with Gene, but I guess they wanted the Matheson all front and center.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

the cover looks great

Gene is probably closer to the front because he was with the 'main' group for most of the season. Although Connor, Jason and even Priscilla were left out and they had more scenes than Gene
Old 06-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
the cover looks great

Gene is probably closer to the front because he was with the 'main' group for most of the season. Although Connor, Jason and even Priscilla were left out and they had more scenes than Gene
I think Connor and Priscilla aren't on it because they weren't part of the main cast. Jason as a regular should have been on it, but the PR department has never shown him much love. He was missing from the season 1 box set, too.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Very surprised to report that Revolution won a Saturn Award for Best Series - tied with Hannibal:
Quote:
The Academy of Science Fiction Fantasy & Horror Films

BEST NETWORK TELEVISION SERIES RELEASE

(tie)

HANNIBAL
NBC

REVOLUTION
NBC
Hannibal is superior in so many ways that it's impressive Revolution managed the tie, even with the Saturns being the Saturns.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

^ That was a nice surprise indeed. It's a bit of a shame that Liz and David didn't win, though.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 PM
MST Manager

Congratulations!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

congrats to Revolution!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

It looks like the Frozen campaign paid off:

Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell joins 'Once Upon a Time' | Inside TV | EW.com

TV geek goddess Elizabeth Mitchell is coming to Storybrooke.

Mitchell has joined the cast of ABC’s Once Upon a Time for a season 4 arc as part of the much-anticipated Frozen-inspired storyline. The move marks Mitchell’s return to ABC, where she became a fan favorite on Lost. Since then, she’s starred in ABC’s V and was most recently on NBC’s Revolution. Only this time, we hear Mitchell might be playing a villainous character.

Mitchell’s Once Upon role isn’t being revealed yet, but we’re told she is “possibly malevolent” with ties to royal Frozen sisters Anna (newcomer Elizabeth Lail) and Elsa (Fringe familiar Georgina Haig) as well as to Storybrooke and Arendell. The events in Once Upon are expected to take place after the events in last year’s animated Disney hit. Let the speculation begin!