Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Apparently, the season finale of Revolution has been pushed back by a week:

Quote:
Revolution - Season 2 Finale - Air Date Pushed

After announcing that the season finale of Revolution has been set as May 14th, SpoilerTV has learned exclusively from NBC that the season finale of Revolution has been pushed by a week. Here is the airing schedule for the rest of the season of Revolution.

Episode 2.19 - $... Happens - April 30th
Episode 2.20 - TBA - May 7th
Episode 2.21 - TBA - May 14th
Episode 2.22 (Season Finale) - TBA - May 21st

Source
Old 04-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the latest about Wonder Con and Revolution!

I guess they're having a longer hiatus to take better advantage of May sweeps..? All the recent confusing dates information is no good, though.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know what to think. For what it's worth, it won't matter much anymore how the last 2 episodes do in the ratings because the NBC Upfronts take place on May 12.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah thanks, didn't think about checking the dates of the upfronts, d'oh.

That could mean they might have already made up their mind about the future of the show. I really have no idea if it will be spared or cancelled, just hope the S2 finale isn't a bleak mess like the S2 finale of V was, if it's going to be the last episode of the whole show.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

I hope they'll add a couple more people to the Wondercon panel. According to the latest Twitter updates, it seems as if Elizabeth, Stephen Collins and Rockne S. O'Bannon are the only ones scheduled to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
That could mean they might have already made up their mind about the future of the show. I really have no idea if it will be spared or cancelled, just hope the S2 finale isn't a bleak mess like the S2 finale of V was, if it's going to be the last episode of the whole show.
Agreed. It would be nice if the season were to end with the defeat of the Patriots. That way, there would be a sense of closure even if there isn't going to be a third season.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I hope they'll add a couple more people to the Wondercon panel. According to the latest Twitter updates, it seems as if Elizabeth, Stephen Collins and Rockne S. O'Bannon are the only ones scheduled to attend.
What happened to David?
Quote:
Agreed. It would be nice if the season were to end with the defeat of the Patriots. That way, there would be a sense of closure even if there isn't going to be a third season.
I wonder if the writers took into account the possibility that S2 could be the last one when they wrote the finale. The ratings have been consistently on the slow side for a while, so.

I think Liz said in his latest radio interview that they would find out about the renewal or cancellation before the end of the month, but I don't know if she was making a guess or was told that would be the case.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
What happened to David?
He cancelled his appearance. They didn't say why. I read somewhere that his short film "Record" premieres at the Tribeca Film Festival the day after the panel. Maybe this is the reason for it.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Thanks for the info. He probably thought he could make it to both events but realized later than it wouldn't be possible. Considering there is already someone from Revolution attending and promoting the show at WonderCon, it's logical that he chose to go at Tribeca instead.

The event is tomorrow - fingers crossed for a ton of Liz goodies.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:48 AM
Extreme Fan

First interview from WonderCon:

Old 04-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

We finally know which book Liz was trying to get the rights for:

Quote:
You’re on hiatus now…and given how much you work on Revolution when the show is filming, how do you weigh adding more work to the mix, or do you just want to sit on your ass for two months?

Mitchell: I have an 8 year old. Ass sitting is not something I do on a regular basis, because normally it’s “Mom!” the moment I sit down. I also have a massive 100 pound mutt…so he usually tries to sit there first, and he’s so big, he’s on the couch, I’m on the floor. As far as other projects go, when you’re doing something that’s 16 hours a day, and all-encompassing, it’s hard to take on something else, it is, because you kind of feel like where’s your time to collapse on the floor. Yeah, it’s hard.

Are you thinking about taking something on now?

Mitchell: I might. I just optioned a book actually. I’m putting that together. And that just happened last Monday.

So you’ve signed the paperwork?

Mitchell: I’ve signed the paperwork.

So you can say what the book is.

Mitchell: It’s called Dolls Behaving Badly.

Do you have a one liner?

Mitchell: Well, actually, I have to work on that, because I was telling the guys at work, and they were like “I’m already sleep,” whereas the women were like, “That’s fascinating!” So it’s a bunch of messed up people trying to figure out their lives, but it’s done in such a clever way, it’s incredibly funny. I would hope to put together a group of darkly comedic people, which are some of my favorite people.

Is this something you’d like to write?

Mitchell: I would like to write it. I’ve written plays, I’ve never written a screenplay. I don’t want to have a tremendous amount of hubris about it. I will try my hand, and then I’ll definitely say, “Hey! Help!” But it’s so beautiful on the page…I laughed out loud and thought it was phenomenal. It’s a bunch of different kind of amazing characters. I’m hopeful it’ll just kind of be there.

Full interview here
I'm really excited by the idea that Liz is going to try her hand at screen-writing. I hope it works out for her. BTW, the whole interview is a worthwhile read.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-20-2014 at 06:06 PM
Old 04-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the interviews!

We finally have details on the books she had set her projects on! Awesome.
I only took a brief look at the plot summary and user ratings on goodreads, and seems it got a very nice reception. A comedy with witty characters, interesting.
The subject seems something Liz can relate to and explore well, being the book focused on a busy single mom, her passions and the other women around her.
I wish her the best of luck with writing the screenplay and bringing the story to the screen.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Extreme Fan

How awesome is that? Liz writing a screenplay. I'm very happy.

I was 99% sure the book would be centered around a female character. And it's interesting that the main character of the book is similar to Liz. Single mom, eight year old son, divorced. She will be able to add a little bit of her very own experience to the story.

I also hope everything works out for her.

This is an amazing interview, indeed. I wasn't expecting to see this kind of interview at WonderCon. Very nice surprise.

Here are two more interviews:

Based on the second interview, I have the feeling Liz would be completely shocked to know that there are some few crazy people out there who ship Rachel and Bass.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the clips!

I got an online copy of Dolls Behaving Badly, but only had time to read the first two chapters - I didn't find it very original in the characterization/jokes, but the story/genre is also not my cup of tea so I might have that bias "ruining" it a bit for me. I'll read more when I get some quiet time this week-end and see how the characters and situations progress.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:19 AM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome, Fran.

The full WonderCon panel is online now.

Thanks very much to SCRKmom1186.

Part 1

Part 2

I never thought we would be able to watch this panel. I mean, Liz went to WonderCon twice before and we never got to see it.

Third time is the charm, indeed!

Old 04-29-2014, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, that's great news about the Wondercon panel. I'll have to check it out as soon as my time allows.