We need to fill this with all the wonderful Liz news
Old 08-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait for new stuff of Lizzie!

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know which one was the best thread where to post this, but I think here it will be read by more people.

I saw this on Elizabeth-Mitchell.org:
Quote:
AOL Television is looking for fans to submit questions for an upcoming episode of ‘Outside the Box’ starring Scott Wolf, Elizabeth Mitchell, Morris Chestnut, Morena Baccarin of ‘V’.

If you don’t know what Outside the Box is, they are when stars of a TV show interview one another with questions sent in by fans.

Here’s the link: V Cast Interview: Outside the Box
Here are the instructions to correctly submit the questions.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing that. I always love it when the actors ask each other questions. Shows off the chemistry of a cast.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

I think this should be posted here:

Quote:
'V' Day: ABC Sets Premiere for Alien Drama

ABC will debut its buzzworthy new fall drama "V" on Tuesday, Nov. 3 at 8 p.m., industry insiders said.

"V" will take over for reality series "Shark Tank," which is set to occupy the 8 p.m. Tuesday slot during the early part of the fall. ABC had originally announced "V" as a midseason entry, but during Comic-Con, producers said the show would be premiering sometime in November.

"V," from Warner Bros. Television, is a reimagination of the classic 1980s NBC miniseries and series. It stars Elizabeth Mitchell, best known for her role in ABC's "Lost."

'V' Day: ABC Sets Premiere for Alien Drama | The Wrap
ETA: The report has just been confirmed at the "V" panel.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-08-2009 at 06:00 PM
Old 08-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news! That's a bit late for a fall premiere, but so much better than if it was still going to be mid season. can't wait for November 3rd now!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's such a great news.

Here is an interview with Elizabeth and Morris Chestnut taken at the TCA Summer Tour - they talk about V and Lost is mentioned as well, so be aware that there are SPOILERS in the video:
Elizabeth Mitchell & Morris Chestnut Talk V | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
Old 08-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Passionate Fan

thanks Fran!!

Nice interview, they're very cute and funny together!!

Loved the part: "We have the beautiful Elizabeth Mitchell! They didn't have!" and Liz's reaction

Old 08-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you Fran Liz is so funny yeah she's the most beautiful woman

Last edited by JB4EVER; 08-11-2009 at 07:39 AM
Old 08-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the latest news!

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the video!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Elizabeth Mitchell on Motherhood: Better To Be a Parent, Not a Friend – Celebrity Baby Blog – People.com
Quote:
As her future on the hit show Lost was recently put into question with the season finale’s cliffhanger, Elizabeth Mitchell has turned her attention to ABC’s new pilot V, in which she plays a Homeland Security agent whose son is being used as a pawn by aliens. Fortunately, actress — a mother herself in real life to Christopher ‘C.J.’ Joseph, 4 next month — was able to easily relate to her character’s desire to protect her child. “They say that when you have a child, for the rest of your life your heart walks around outside of your body,” she tells Celebrity Baby Blog.

“I don’t think you really experience that until you see it, until you have it. I feel that way with my son. He walks around and I’m like [gasps]. I don’t do that with him because I want him to be strong and vibrant and happy, but in my mind I’m the worst case scenario mom.”

While Elizabeth, 39, would love nothing more than to “gather him up and keep him close,” the doting mom was recently made well-aware of the fact that her son is growing wise beyond his years. Following a recent argument with her husband Chris Soldevilla — who has “put everything on hold” to run the household — she approached C.J. to talk about the situation, only to be caught off guard by the boy’s response! “I said, ‘Sweetie, do you know whose fault that was?’ — and I thought that he was going to say his own, but he said, ‘Well, Daddy’s, obviously,’” she recalls.
“I was like, ‘No, bubba. It was Mommy and Daddy’s together and not yours. He goes, ‘Well, that’s weird.’”
Calling kids simply “amazing,” Elizabeth reveals that the best advice concerning parenthood was given to her by her own mother. “She always said that it’s better to be a mother than a kind of friend, but to listen to every single thing that they say because they pick up on everything,” she states.

The season premiere of V airs Tuesday, November 3rd at 8 p.m. on ABC.

– Anya with reporting by Scott Huver
Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Bwah! I just posted that in the Liz Mitchell thread.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

I guess this should be posted here:

Quote:
Warners Shutting Down Vancouver's "V"...

According to reports, Warner Bros. TV has decided to temporarily shut down production of the Vancouver-lensed alien invasion remake series "V", for a 2-week 'hiatus'.

Filming is now scheduled to halt at the end of August.

The hiatus is being put in place so that writers will have more time to devote to quality scripts, on par with the pilot.

"V" is a remake of the reptilian NBC mini-series about lizards whose intent is to serve mankind (on a dinner platter), starring actors Elizabeth "Lost" Mitchell, Scott Wolf, Morena Baccarin and Morris Chestnut.

Spoiler TV: V - Filming Halted
Quote:
Exclusive: 'V' Shutting Down for Tune-Up

ABC's buzz-heavy new fall drama "V" is taking a two-week creative hiatus.

Warner Bros. TV has decided to temporarily shut down production on the alien invasion series, with filming scheduled to halt next Wednesday, a studio rep confirmed exclusively to TheWrap. Because "V" doesn't premiere until Nov. 3, the move won't impact scheduling of the series or ABC's ability to air the six episodes it's planning for the fourth quarter.

The studio wouldn't discuss the specific reasons behind the move, saying only that the shutdown was designed to boost "V" in the long-term.

WBTV wants to "take advantage of our November premiere to maximize creative opportunities and deliver the audience the best show possible," a Warners spokesperson said.

People familiar with the decision indicated the hiatus was put in place so that writers would have time to beef up future scripts and bring them in line with the quality of the pilot, which has been getting good buzz from bloggers and critics since a successful screening at Comic-Con last month.

No staffing changes are being made, insiders said, though in situations like this, it's not unheard of for new writers to be added to the roster.

"V" is a remake of the classic 1980s NBC miniseries (and later series) about lizard-like aliens who come to earth under a friendly guise. The new version stars Elizabeth Mitchell ("Lost"), Scott Wolf, Morena Baccarin and Morris Chestnut.

Short-term shutdowns for first-year series, especially dramas, have become increasingly common in recent years. With networks often unwilling to give shows second chances if they don't make a strong impact out of the box, studios want to make sure they do everything possible to ensure scripts are in the best possible shape for filming.

Such pre-emptive moves can also end up saving money since they reduce the likelihood of costly re-shoots.

ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" is widely cited as the best example of a recent series that benefited from a pre-premiere production hiatus.

But even long-time shows have recently found a need to take a break: 20th Century Fox TV halted work on "24" for 18 days last fall. The result was one of the best-reviewed seasons in the show's history.

Exclusive: 'V' Shutting Down for Tune-Up | The Wrap
Old 08-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news. Hope they use the time to the best of their advantage. Good thing a November premiere was planned!