Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Low Post Count Warning - Please Read

Hi everyone. As a courtesy, I wanted to let you know that this board didn’t meet the daily average number of posts to remain here last month, and as such, this board has been placed on the Low Post Count Warning List. If this board meets the daily average number of posts to remain here for the next six months, this board will be taken off this list, but if it doesn’t meet the daily average number of posts to remain here at any time within the next six months, or if it goes without a post for 48 Hours at any time within the next six months, this board will be closed. I wanted to let you all know this so you can take the steps necessary to make sure that this board remains here.

Please note that boards need to average 15 posts a day in order to remain here. Thank you.

This thread shall remain topped until this board’s 6 month probationary period is over, at which time it will be closed and de-topped by either me or a Moderator Manager.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-02-2015, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, damn. I have got to admit I had a bad feeling about our post count this month, but was hoping that we would still manage to squeak by somehow. We really need to start posting weekly post counts again. Not doing that really hurt us this time around.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:07 AM
MST Manager

Oops! I will come here more often.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really sorry about this, and like I already said to Jerry most of the blame for this is on me - August and September were weird, hectic months, and between the lack of free time and my mind's focus being fully on real life matters, I let days pass without logging in. That's not really a luxury you can afford when a board has as few posters as we do.
I also said I would go back to take weekly post counts and then completely forgot about it.

I hope we can turn things around, and Crossing Lines and the new movie project will spark some more posting activity.
The board has been pretty static for a while, and we'll have to talk about and see how we feel about it if it continues, in case the extra motivation given by the low post count warning or the interest in the upcoming acting work don't take root.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I'm really sorry about this, and like I already said to Jerry most of the blame for this is on me - August and September were weird, hectic months, and between the lack of free time and my mind's focus being fully on real life matters, I let days pass without logging in. That's not really a luxury you can afford when a board has as few posters as we do.
I also said I would go back to take weekly post counts and then completely forgot about it.
It's on you and me both, Fran. I, too, was preoccupied with real-life things and while I still posted every other day, my posting volume wasn't what it should have been.

Quote:
I hope we can turn things around, and Crossing Lines and the new movie project will spark some more posting activity.
The board has been pretty static for a while, and we'll have to talk about and see how we feel about it if it continues, in case the extra motivation given by the low post count warning or the interest in the upcoming acting work don't take root.
I agree with your assessment about this board, Fran. Personally, I haven't seen much excitement in the Liz fandom ever since the "V" days. Sure, V's quality ended up disappointing many of us, but with Liz playing the main character, it sparked a lot of discussion anyways. Revolution just never seemed to gain any traction whatsoever. Neither here nor on Tumblr and while Liz's performance on OUAT was very well-received, I think that fandom is a lot more interested in the regulars and the ships. The guest roles just seem to fall through the cracks as far as quality discussions are concerned. Unfortunately, I also don't expect things to be much different when Crossing Lines airs. It's such an obscure show. A lot of people probably don't know that it even exists. So, if the drought continues post The Purge and there are no promising projects on the horizon, I would be open to discussing other options.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am sorry that I am not here as I was before.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:20 AM
MST Manager

I've done it! I've achieved my ambition of dominating the fist page of this board.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Please note this thread should remain topped until the board has passed it's probation period.

Good luck keeping your post counts up!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Moderator Manager

This board has passed the 6 months probationary period so we'll unstick this thread now.

Thanks everyone for all the hard work in keeping this board active.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 04-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

We did it!

Thank you for letting us know, Lindsay!
And thanks everyone for sticking around.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:22 AM
MST Manager

Congratulations.