Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Lost - LAX (6x01/6x02) - Episode Discussion Thread

LOST: LAX - SEASON PREMIERE
THE AFTERMATH FROM JULIET'S DETONATION OF THE HYDROGEN BOMB IS REVEALED, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S "LOST"

A 2008 recipient of the prestigious Peabody Award and awarded the 2005 Emmy and 2006 Golden Globe for Best Drama Series, "Lost" returns for its final season of action-packed mystery and adventure - that will continue to bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost - on the season premiere of "Lost," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.

Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, leaving 48 passengers alive and stranded on a remote island in the South Pacific. The survivors include a diverse group of people from different walks of life - a doctor, an escaped fugitive, a con man, an Iraqi interrogator, a married Korean couple and a man formerly confined to a wheelchair who is now inexplicably healed. As the castaways attempt to get home, flashbacks (and forwards) illuminate their troubled lives before and after the crash, when the island they find themselves stranded on begins to slowly reveal its mysterious nature. Faith, reason, destiny and free will all clash as the island offers opportunities for both corruption and redemption... but as to its true purpose? That's the greatest mystery of all.

With only 18 original hours left until the final episode airs, the island's violent shifts through time were ended by Locke when he traveled off-island in an attempt to persuade the Oceanic 6 to return. Back on the island, the survivors' stay in late ‘70s Dharmaville was over when their covers were blown and they were accused of aiding "The Others," and Sayid was gravely wounded during their flight. In addition, Ben killed Jacob at Locke's request. But since Locke's body was found to still be inside the coffin, exactly who – or what – is John Locke? And if Juliet was successful in detonating the hydrogen bomb, was she able to reset time, allowing Oceanic Air 815 to land safely in Los Angeles, or was the island destroyed along with all of its inhabitants?

On the season premiere episode, "LA X" Parts 1 & 2, the aftermath from Juliet's detonation of the hydrogen bomb is revealed.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

"LA X" Parts 1 & 2 written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse and directed by Jack Bender.

"Lost" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound and Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate. For more information on "Lost," visit ABC.com

Daily News Releases
Old 01-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess the fact that EM's name isn't mentioned in the cast shouldn't be LOST on us!

Thanks for posting. They're not really giving us much here expect a synopsis of the prior five seasons.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I guess the fact that EM's name isn't mentioned in the cast shouldn't be LOST on us!
I know. But Liz is only a guest star now. It makes sense that she's not listed amongst the regular cast anymore.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for starting the thread!

I've never been so anxious/nervous for a premiere

Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread . I can't wait .
Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Passionate Fan

It's quite scary, isn't it? Thanks for the thread! I can't imagine what it'll be like to actually post in it in a few days...!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm sure we'll all have something to say!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ I'm sure we'll all have something to say!
Yeah. Here's hoping it's going to be something positive.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's so scary. I still can't believe it's only 3 days away . I hope we Juliet fans get something good .
Old 01-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

I'm hoping we'll get to see Juliet in the reset or alternate timeline at least, but considering that it will probably start off with Flight 815 landing safely in LA, we probably won't. If we get to see her in the island timeline it surely won't be pretty to watch.

ETA:

Should we open threads for every Lost episode or only the episodes Juliet/Liz appears in?

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 01-30-2010 at 06:50 AM
Old 01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Should we open threads for every Lost episode or only the episodes Juliet/Liz appears in?
I would think that
Old 01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the live streaming yesterday night (morning in my timezone) but it wasn't very helpful because the sound was awful. In some scenes I only caught like, 1 line or 2, so I won't know how to comment until I see it properly on Tuesday. Buyt I'm glad I checked the footage anyway so I know what to expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I think it would be more practical to have S6 discussion threads only for the episodes she's in, and leave the more general comments about the show for the Juliet Appr. thread and the OT thread.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I watched the live streaming yesterday night (morning in my timezone) but it wasn't very helpful because the sound was awful. In some scenes I only caught like, 1 line or 2, so I won't know how to comment until I see it properly on Tuesday. Buyt I'm glad I checked the footage anyway so I know what to expect.
Fran! You surprised me
I watched it too, but I couldn't understand some dialogues. So I don't know what to think

Quote:
I think it would be more practical to have S6 discussion threads only for the episodes she's in, and leave the more general comments about the show for the Juliet Appr. thread and the OT thread.
Agreed.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan (View Post)
Fran! You surprised me
I watched it too, but I couldn't understand some dialogues. So I don't know what to think
I didn't even know they would show the episode online to be honest. I stayed up so late to check the red carpet of the Sunset on the Beach - I was planning to see Josh's arrival and then fly to bed, but he was one of the last ones to appear, then I found out about the live streaming and... gave in.

What was your first impression about the episode? (Let's use the spoiler tags)
Old 02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
What was your first impression about the episode? (Let's use the spoiler tags)
Okay but...

Spoiler: