Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
Yes, that's the bad thing about it. I had to buy an external hard drive because I don't have much space on my computer either.
I was considering getting one, too. Are they expensive?
Quote:
No, there are not many BSG torrents I found a 720p one, but it had like 3 people sharing it and it was so slow. I would still be watching the mini-series if I had decided to download that one I'd buy the DVDs, but the version they have here is so bad, the first season is in 4:3 (like the one I downloaded) and they don't have everything. I hate it, because I never buy boxsets unless I really really like the show (I only have the Lost and Babylon 5 boxsets), and I really want to buy the BSG DVDs, but I'm not gonna spend +100 euros on that shtty boxset I hope someone uploads a 720p version of the entire show someday
DVD boxset tend to suck here, too. I feel your pain!
And i'm the same about getting tv shows - I've only done for The X-Files so far (and I still have to finish the collection), and I plan to get Lost. So 2 boxsets in 15 years or so.
No, I haven't! What is that?
It's a site that collects links to direct downloads (on megaupload, rapidshare...). I take direct downloads over torrents any day.
If you can't find it, I'll take a look around tomorrow and send you a PM.
Quote:
Awww
Old 10-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

Unfortunately, one of the issues with BSG is that the show wasn't filmed in a high quality. At least not in the same high quality as some other shows. I am not sure if Blu-Ray improves the picture quality much or if it improves it at all.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I was considering getting one, too. Are they expensive?
They cost around 100 euros here.

Quote:
DVD boxset tend to suck here, too. I feel your pain!
And i'm the same about getting tv shows - I've only done for The X-Files so far (and I still have to finish the collection), and I plan to get Lost. So 2 boxsets in 15 years or so.

I have the X Files on VHS Only the first 4 seasons or so. VHS tapes took a lot of space

Quote:
It's a site that collects links to direct downloads (on megaupload, rapidshare...). I take direct downloads over torrents any day.
If you can't find it, I'll take a look around tomorrow and send you a PM.
I found it But my problem is that I hate direct downloads I'd make an exception for BSG though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Unfortunately, one of the issues with BSG is that the show wasn't filmed in a high quality. At least not in the same high quality as some other shows. I am not sure if Blu-Ray improves the picture quality much or if it improves it at all.
What? Oh no I'd thought the Blu Ray would look awesome . Lost on Blu Ray looks awesome and it's from 2004 too
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They cost around 100 euros here.
I should give getting one a serious thought.
I'm one of those freaks who saves an insane amount of stuff on the computer.
Quote:
I have the X Files on VHS Only the first 4 seasons or so. VHS tapes took a lot of space
Aww, VSH! I have lots and lots of movies on that format.
Quote:
But my problem is that I hate direct downloads

Why? Direct downloads generally take at least half the time to download than torrents, unless the file is extremely recent and requested so the number of seeds is very very high.

I didn't know BSG was never filmed in HQ quality, I've always watched the episodes on small size files and had no idea. Bummer.
I guess it was a budget issue.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I should give getting one a serious thought.
I'm one of those freaks who saves an insane amount of stuff on the computer.
You should do it, it's worth it

Quote:
Aww, VSH! I have lots and lots of movies on that format.
Me too

Quote:

Why? Direct downloads generally take at least half the time to download than torrents, unless the file is extremely recent and requested so the number of seeds is very very high.
Really? Torrents download way faster for me than direct downloads, that's why I don't like those. And if I lose internet connection or something, I have to start downloading it again. Imagine you're downloading a 4GB file or something, that would suck. That doesn't happen with torrents. They are safer and faster for me.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You should do it, it's worth it
I need a new printer, too - I'll look around for both next time I go tech-shopping.
Quote:
Really? Torrents download way faster for me than direct downloads, that's why I don't like those. And if I lose internet connection or something, I have to start downloading it again. Imagine you're downloading a 4GB file or something, that would suck. That doesn't happen with torrents. They are safer and faster for me.
That's the opposite for me, lol. Minus the part about your connection going down and you losing everything - that's very annoying. But it has almost never happened to me.

Another random wall made some while ago:

Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I need a new printer, too - I'll look around for both next time I go tech-shopping.
Good

Quote:
That's the opposite for me, lol. Minus the part about your connection going down and you losing everything - that's very annoying. But it has almost never happened to me.
You're lucky. This happens to me a lot. I lose connection for like a minute and then it comes back. It happens everyday randomly. That's a big reason why direct downloads are a big to me unless it's a very small file. And torrents download way faster for me anyway.

Quote:
Another random wall made some while ago:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I haz it as a wallpaper already IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You're lucky. This happens to me a lot. I lose connection for like a minute and then it comes back. It happens everyday randomly. That's a big reason why direct downloads are a big to me unless it's a very small file. And torrents download way faster for me anyway.
I have had to bitch about my internet provider because sometimes they've being doing maintenance or changes and I was left without connection for a bit, but when it's working, it's very stable. One of the reasons why I'm still with them, lol.
Quote:
I haz it as a wallpaper already IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!
You're seriously too nice.
I don't think I'm good with wallpapers - either I make them look too simple/bland, or when I add more stuff I can't make the design look... balanced.

Also, as you've noticed lately I got obsessed with gradients and slap a bit of them on everything I make. Talk about being imaginative, lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have had to bitch about my internet provider because sometimes they've being doing maintenance or changes and I was left without connection for a bit, but when it's working, it's very stable. One of the reasons why I'm still with them, lol.
That's good. Mine works well and fast, but it has this problem. It only lasts a few seconds but it happens very often. And maybe it's not their fault, we have 3 computers on all the time + all the electrodomestics and all.

Quote:
You're seriously too nice.
I'm just being honest And one of my friends came over the other day and she saw the wallpaper (I have it as my desktop wallie) and she was like ohhh this wallpaper is beautiful´ ;_____; <333 So

Quote:
I don't think I'm good with wallpapers - either I make them look too simple/bland, or when I add more stuff I can't make the design look... balanced.

Quote:
Also, as you've noticed lately I got obsessed with gradients and slap a bit of them on everything I make. Talk about being imaginative, lol.
But it looks great!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What? Oh no I'd thought the Blu Ray would look awesome . Lost on Blu Ray looks awesome and it's from 2004 too
Quote:
I didn't know BSG was never filmed in HQ quality, I've always watched the episodes on small size files and had no idea. Bummer.
I guess it was a budget issue.
Guys, I can tell you about the picture quality of BSG on Blu-Ray soon because I recently ordered the coomplete series boxset. I can't wait to watch the extras.

Quote:
You're lucky. This happens to me a lot. I lose connection for like a minute and then it comes back. It happens everyday randomly.
The same thing happens to me too. It doesn't happen as frequently anymore as it did in the past, but it still happens from time to time. It's especially annoying for me because I also have internet TV and when I lose the connection, the TV picture gets stuck too. And because I am such a lucky person, it always seems to happen when I want to watch something really badly.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Guys, I can tell you about the picture quality of BSG on Blu-Ray soon because I recently ordered the coomplete series boxset. I can't wait to watch the extras.
OMG, REALLY? You're so lucky, you don't know how much I envy you right now!!!! Enjoy your boxset!

Quote:
The same thing happens to me too. It doesn't happen as frequently anymore as it did in the past, but it still happens from time to time. It's especially annoying for me because I also have internet TV and when I lose the connection, the TV picture gets stuck too. And because I am such a lucky person, it always seems to happen when I want to watch something really badly.
That sucks Yes, it's very annoying. It happens to me everyday. Oh, you have internet TV? What is that exactly?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
OMG, REALLY? You're so lucky, you don't know how much I envy you right now!!!! Enjoy your boxset!
Thanks Anna. I hope you get to buy one soon too. The UK Blu-Ray set is actually cheaper than the German DVD boxset. That really shocked me.

Quote:
That sucks Yes, it's very annoying. It happens to me everyday. Oh, you have internet TV? What is that exactly?
Internet TV is like normal TV only that it's delivered over the internet instead of a satellite signal or cable television format. You have to order it from your internet provider. If you do, you get a set-top box very similar to the one you would have when you have satellite TV.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks Anna. I hope you get to buy one soon too. The UK Blu-Ray set is actually cheaper than the German DVD boxset. That really shocked me.
I hope so too If one day I have Blu-Ray, the first Blu-Ray I'll buy will be the BSG boxset

Really? That's weird, since Blu Ray it's more expensive than DVDs!

Quote:
Internet TV is like normal TV only that it's delivered over the internet instead of a satellite signal or cable television format. You have to order it from your internet provider. If you do, you get a set-top box very similar to the one you would have when you have satellite TV.
Oh, ok, thanks for the explanation. I know what it is now
Old 10-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope so too If one day I have Blu-Ray, the first Blu-Ray I'll buy will be the BSG boxset

Really? That's weird, since Blu Ray it's more expensive than DVDs!
Yeah, if I had bought the German DVD box I would have had to pay 99€, but the UK Blu-ray set is 20€ cheaper. They are actually going to release BSG on Blu-ray in Germany later this year and the price will be 133€, so I saved over 50€. I would say that's a pretty good deal.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, if I had bought the German DVD box I would have had to pay 99€, but the UK Blu-ray set is 20€ cheaper. They are actually going to release BSG on Blu-ray in Germany later this year and the price will be 133€, so I saved over 50€. I would say that's a pretty good deal.
Wow, you actually saved +50€? That's awesome! If I ever have Blu-Ray, I'll buy the UK set then